Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights (15587 Views)

LAUTECH Proscribes Indiscriminate Parking Of Vehicles On Its Campuses The Secur / Top 7 Most Beautiful Campuses In Nigeria / Outcome Of ASUU Congress Across Campuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by charlsecy(m): 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
Bonapart:
I will say this to you again and again Christianity is not a religion but a relationship.... we are in a relationship with our HEAVENLY FATHER
Each "religion" has the same sentiments. You will hear Muslims say Islam is a way of life, not a religion... They also say entities such as Abraham, David, Jesus, and so forth, were Muslims because they lived according to Allah's Word.

Ishilove:
If you can't conform, find an alternative because most private schools in Nigeria are built on the foundation of their own unique ideologies.
Even when they contravene basic constitutional rights?
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Bonapart(m): 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
charlsecy:

Each "religion" has the same sentiments. You will hear Muslims say Islam is a way of life, not a religion... They also say entities such as Abraham, David, Jesus, and so forth, were Muslims because they lived according to Allah's Word.

Even when they contravene basic constitutional rights?
you're not even a christian
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by TeamSimple(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
Arijosh:
Browse it and you will know that I Northern Federal University, there is no Church in Just One.......
You are just so myopic and ignorant..I graduated from abu zaria. The Chapel in the main campus is times bigger than the mosque. Also in the annex campus in kongo we have no major mosque for jumat prayer,while the chapel aslo erect a big auditorium close to the main gate. Same as Nuhu Bamali polythecnic in Gaskiya. So stop spewing trash.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by CzarChris(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
OP, God go bless you wella for thread. Honestly, it's disheartening. Some students even abandon school for "church programs" and they expect to by some miracle to pass their exams.
The bible even says that " I will bless the works of your hands". So you have to have something in your hands to get blessings from it.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by TeamSimple(m): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
A.B.U is now an ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY.
Speak only what you know about.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by charlsecy(m): 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
Bonapart:
you're not even a christian
I am!
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by TeamSimple(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
Akoja360:
I was goin to open a similar thread on this issue this is a very serious problem esecially here in ABU Zaria. Even the school anthem is islamized down to every organisation in the school from SRC to even the hostel admins not to mention the overwhelming number of muslim staffs compared to the very few christian staffs .in the hostels its worst as you might only find one or two christians in a room flooded with muslims the level of discrimination is high even though its greatly overlooked doesn't mean it doesn't exist and same goes to many other northern universities
Your comment is just so false. Am a product of abu, and what you just typed here is false. Graduating from the faculty of humanity,we had fewer muslim HODS compare to christians. Most of my lecturers were Christians. If not for now that most christian lecturers r rare to find in the north due to migration n transfer reasons as a result of
BH crisis.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Adek15(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
The writer uses religion to appear not to b biased. Truth is, d way Christians propagate their religion (or relationship or whatever) in this part of d world is sickening. Using lecture halls for religious activities and u are not spared in d bus either shouting and disturbing other people.
On d issue of d school in north and females wearing hijab, I'm sure it wasn't forced on them on campus just that most of them are Muslims or northerners and some non muslim northerners uses hijab cos I think it's part of their culture.
I'm a student and I can tell u for a fact that even some Christians are fed up with this malaise on campus.... It is not fair on we students.

I prefer the Jehovah witness way. If u like u listen, if u dont, u shun them not someone disturbing ur peace especially in d morning and if u talk now, they would say you are agent of Satan!
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
TeamSimple:
Speak only what you know about.
What Taqqiya do you know about.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by oyetunder(m): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
Idle words... You have choices to avoid schools where either chapel or hijab is a must. Lot of us cannot see anything good at all about christianity or islam! Well one is free to practice secularism. The academics rags many are employing to attack religion today had blinded them to the fact that the education they are displaying are historically rooted in the efforts of such a religion. They are experts in calling all pastors and imams 'fakes'. But how original are they themselves in their ideological slavery. Many who said such yesterday are in the church or mosque today apologising for their folly. When they think all is well with them, they opened their mouths and display how empty they are. Heirs of Nero...they thought they shall be here forever, they are yet to know that the founders of their the ideas they are propagating ended up in regrets before they died. To many, mosques and churches should be uprooted, maybe they will replace them with nightclubs. They are the few wise ones, the millions serving the Lord are fools in their eyes! Well, it is a common sight to see mad man calling a sane man mad. Lo, an insane is healed the moment he knows he is mad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Salym(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
A.B.U is now an ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY.

Exactly. Just like its Southern counterparts who are Christian Universities a long time ago.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Salym(m): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
Akoja360:
I was goin to open a similar thread on this issue this is a very serious problem esecially here in ABU Zaria. Even the school anthem is islamized down to every organisation in the school from SRC to even the hostel admins not to mention the overwhelming number of muslim staffs compared to the very few christian staffs .in the hostels its worst as you might only find one or two christians in a room flooded with muslims the level of discrimination is high even though its greatly overlooked doesn't mean it doesn't exist and same goes to many other northern universities
Why must you lie just to score a cheap point. ABU still has a large number of Christians both staff and students. Name a university in the South East or South South that has a big mosque the size of the two churches in ABU main campus. Just tell me a university in your area that will offer muslims admission and jobs.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Emnyte(m): 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
Salym:

Exactly. Just like its Southern counterparts who are Christian Universities a long time ago.
Those ones are private universities owned by churches and religious organisations. Don't forget ABU is a federal university. You can never see a federal uni in the south religiously monopolic in nature so to speak(SW to be precise).
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by aeey(m): 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
ifeness:
A religion that was handed down by the slave masters can never improve the lives of the ex slaves but keep them tied and married to their chains.

Christianity happens to be the ancient Mithra religion anyway. Mithra was an European religion long before Jesus and his punishment on the cross. I hope it gets wiped out from Africa soon

Christianity is an eternal religion that cannot die neither can it be wiped out of Africa & the world @ large! Get that right into your thick skull.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
Salym:

Why must you lie just to score a cheap point. ABU still has a large number of Christians both staff and students. Name a university in the South East or South South that has a big mosque the size of the two churches in ABU main campus. Just tell me a university in your area that will offer muslims admission and jobs.
quote me when you have left the north and seen other parts of the country , I have no need to lie , other universities outside the north may not have big mosques or hundreds of mosque as abu but they do not critisize as much as you guys do over there and you don't dare deny it.it was same ABU that protested against a christain emerging as the VC sometimes back even when he won the seat.same ABU where there are more mosques than there are lecture theatres and the lists goes on . You made reference to the two "big" churches but little did you know the struggle it took to get senate to approve the land the chappel sits on today as it was in that same school a church was demolished to build a car park .if you feel these are false please go and do your research weLl then come back and beside please name one christian in your NAMS or SRC board ...
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
TeamSimple:

Your comment is just so false. Am a product of abu, and what you just typed here is false. Graduating from the faculty of humanity,we had fewer muslim HODS compare to christians. Most of my lecturers were Christians. If not for now that most christian lecturers r rare to find in the north due to migration n transfer reasons as a result of
BH crisis.
false you say?you listed a faculty when am talkin about the whole school,this isn't just about the staffs am not disputing the fact that there are still christians as staffs there and maybe more in some departments but you can never bodly say d ratio is any way close or fair in comparism.as nepotism and fanatism is greatly practised in that school and am a first hand witness to this not more than once you can ask any christian student or staff there and you would hear the same.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by yaskarahyelhope(f): 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
ifeness:
A religion that was handed down by the slave masters can never improve the lives of the ex slaves but keep them tied and married to their chains.

Christianity happens to be the ancient Mithra religion anyway. Mithra was an European religion long before Jesus and his punishment on the cross. I hope it gets wiped out from Africa soon

May U live extremely and see Christianity thrive all d way. I don't know wia to place U. Are U an atheist, agnoist or trying to pave way for illuminati recognition, or d children of d bondwoman? Christianity is a relationship and not a religion. No matter how ancient it is, its d beat thing that can happen to anyone. D guy who is grumbling, can leave d school. Come to d north and see aw d students are forced to wear d hijab whether a Christian, Muslim or traditionalist. So tell me, Y is d Christian movement pinching U off? Anywayz, Christ said it that if we weren't tormented or persecuted coz of living righteously, then d race isn't sweet. At least Jihad isnt practiced to force d students, Abi?

1 Like

Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by DedeNkem: 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
The only difference between Christian extremists and Muslim extremists is that the latter go around killing people indiscriminately.
Both religious groups try to impose their st*upid beliefs on others by force.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by TeamSimple(m): 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
Akoja360:
false you say?you listed a faculty when am talkin about the whole school,this isn't just about the staffs am not disputing the fact that there are still christians as staffs there and maybe more in some departments but you can never bodly say d ratio is any way close or fair in comparism.as nepotism and fanatism is greatly practised in that school and am a first hand witness to this not more than once you can ask any christian student or staff there and you would hear the same.
Now go to any federal Uni in the East do your research objectively , then come back here to tell us what the ratio looks like. If you must be educated it's only in the southwest u find a balance. Talking about using a faculty,i don't have to use the whole faculties in other to validate my point.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
TeamSimple:

Now go to any federal Uni in the East do your research objectively , then come back here to tell us what the ratio looks like. If you must be educated it's only in the southwest u find a balance. Talking about using a faculty,i don't have to use the whole faculties in other to validate my point.
bro am not disputing the fact that the same discrimination exist in other parts even all parts of nigeria what am trying to stress here is that its worst in the northern parts of the country
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Please name that Northern school.
Al Hikmah university ilorin, kwara state is an example.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by IAMWEALTHY: 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
That is their palava
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Donblexedo(m): 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
ifeness:

May God punish you
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by fawaz050(m): 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ishilove:
Interesting. However, if you know you can't conform, don't go to such schools. I as a Christian will not go to a school where the hijab is enforced, and I'm sure the vice versa pertains to the muslims.

If you can't conform, find an alternative because most private schools in Nigeria are built on the foundation of their own unique ideologies.
c u should there be such school were there policies doesn't corroborate constitutional rights
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Olasum(f): 10:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
And this has turned into a christian-muslim fight embarassed
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Olasum(f): 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
Emnyte:
Those ones are private universities owned by churches and religious organisations. Don't forget ABU is a federal university. You can never see a federal uni in the south religiously monopolic in nature so to speak(SW to be precise).
I know of 1 Federal university in the south west that is religiously monopolic. The university is in Ogun state, every rule made in the school is to favor the christian. For the past 2-3 session, Muslim candidates contesting for the post of SUG president that has an hedge to win are being disqualified for no concrete reasons. There is even a department in the school, if you're not a christian (in most cases a Redeemer) you can't be employed in that department. There was a session that the best graduating student in that department is a muslim and another person who is a christian was chosen. So this religion thing is everywhere even in the south West.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by templegate: 10:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
oluwadanie1:
When you see all these schools forcing people to go to chapel and all, you'll begin to wonder if there's an interpretation to the expression, 'every citizen is entitled to freedom of religion'.

Well, this is Nigeria.

Lalasticlala ishilove seun

thumbs up op

Think 2ce bro. Which do u prefer......religious house or cultism?
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by Olasum(f): 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
Akoja360:
bro am not disputing the fact that the same discrimination exist in other parts even all parts of nigeria what am trying to stress here is that its worst in the northern parts of the country
If you say it is worst in the North what of the south east and south south, what will you say about that?
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by deelobe: 11:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
Olsoo:

source: http://www.campusdailies.com/2015/09/religious-propagation-on-nigerian.html?m=0

Mr this sounds more like rantings anyway. Nobody forces any religion on anybody and Nigeria is a godly country. If you want the situation you described go to America. That is why they are in the state they are now. So please do not bring what will cause a divide to Nairaland
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by jozz(m): 3:00am On Sep 08, 2015
Evaromantik:
Thats the consequences of overzealousness in religion...........Africa is so religious,even the whiteman that brought us christianity goes to church no more,while we have lost our original religion to them................Europeans really underdeveloped Africa

Religious intolerance it is called. Simply it is a sign that smth is wrong with such a religion or sect.For a xtian it is understandable when u meet persons who live their lives without the influence of God and u want them to change, but it is never forced. I have met some of those Christians, they are usually the new generation churches whose new stock in trade is establishing universities.

They compel their students because their message and form of Christianity lacks moving power and conviction, they know most students will not attend on their own.Their form of Christianity has repelled people rather than attract.Solution-Simply avoid such schools if u cant cope. PRONTO
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by oluwadanie1(m): 7:13am On Sep 08, 2015
templegate:

Think 2ce bro. Which do u prefer......religious house or cultism?

i truly prefer religion but they don't really have to force anyone to go to chapel and all.

NOT going to chapel doesn't neccessarily mean they're cultists, we have muslims, we also have atheists.
Re: Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights by templegate: 7:21am On Sep 08, 2015
oluwadanie1:

i truly prefer religion but they don't really have to force anyone to go to chapel and all.

NOT going to chapel doesn't neccessarily mean they're cultists, we have muslims, we also have atheists.

Sincerely speaking, nature abhors vaccum. And in this part of the world, the reality is that we are a spiritual people either through christianity, islam or trado (cultism) so no one here can stay without being one. That is the honest reality. U just need a form of spiritual power to survive here however u look at it. Lets continue to go to Chapel pls...we are best safe there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died / Sit-At-Home: South East Candidates Who Missed 2021 WASSCE To Re-Sit / Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.