Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (44352 Views)

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

If Ilajes are not Yorubas, then Egbas are not Yorubas. Ife people too will not be Yorubas.

Noted..

Sorry about tat
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
GodMode:

If you can't research yourself then you are the kid here.
*Ignored*
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Am nt Okpe, My mom is From Ethiope East, dad Itsekiri, Buh am more of Urhobo Cous I stayed with my mom..

I think d problem of Okpe Not been Urhobo is so annoying, I only blame there Parents, Most Of them claim dey re nt Urhobo but they all Take Appointment From Federal And State Government In d name Of The Same Urhobo Most Of Them re denying,

Not to worry sister, Am here to correct there stupidity, Thank God Uvwie now Understands fully they re urhobo's..
the people who say Okpe are not Urhobo are usually not Okpe %70 of the time.The Okpes know they are urhobo, usual convo,
where are you from answer,I'm urhobo,
what part of urhobo answers, Okpe,Isoko,Jese, mosoga,uvwie etc
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
Sanchez01:

MAYBE I don't even have any Urhobo friend and I don't need to join a "SCHOLAR" group to tell if Urhobos are educated or not. Study the life of Urhobos around you and not any socialite club. The number seven is very much debatable; it still does not change a thing though. I'm a full blooded Urhobo mangrin
well the schoolers are full of educated intellectuals,of various disciplines, ie doctors lawyers,engineers, from home and abroad.They the Okpes even have one of their scholars in the Guinness book of records.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
Setaje:
Even my dad doesn't want me to marry from his people. Na God help my papa say in no remain for village. They are lazy like hell. The day my mum who is yoruba followed my dad to delta. She laugh taya. Na women dey go farm, ride bicycle to buy food stuffs while d men sit at home and lord over the family and drink ogogoro. They marry more than one wife. All d ijaw men I know wey dey lagos married more than one wife and have different concubines. They have this sense of entitlement. This is what is affecting them till today cus they believe since the oil is in their backyard, they should be spoon fed. Op if this people go to school like u claim. Oil companies will be employing them more than other ethnic groups in their states. I no this people well and no matter how you sugar coat it, they are damn lazy and aggressive. I can't imagine igbos or yorubas having that much oil in their backyard. The world for hear am.

Spiritual wise. That's another story entirely. Their water gods are very powerful and it lingers from generation to generation. Na serious prayers dey break the yoke. According to my dad, he witnessed it. In those days, people could get so angry and go and stay inside the water for hours wivout coming out. They are water people especially their women. By the way, I am itshekiri.
I think U went to the village,what did you expect.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:
Lol!

Most urhobo men are lazy, their wives slave for them
I don't believe up to 50% of them are very educated, i think they need to explore the world more too

The itsekiris are proud people, they think their culture is all that. They are highly tribalistic too. About them being accommodating, I really can't say. It's possible

They are all funny, especially the Urhobos

I don't know much about the Ijaws
Let me ask you a simple question, what is the highest achievement you know about and urhobo man??
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by mikron(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
obiak4:

wahala kpo fa eee
binaowei wahala faaa
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Setaje(f): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

Hmmn..
Truly I sometimes wish I wasn't born into this tribe.
It seems like you've been through a lot indeed, but these are very heavy words.
I pray that God heals you of whatever internal wounds you may still be nursing

Thank you my dear. It is well wiv us.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by obiak4(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
mikron:
binaowei wahala faaa
amananaowei of NL i hail oo
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Favolly(f): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

Let me ask you a simple question, what is the highest achievement you know about and urhobo man??
Honestly, I can't think of any right now
What is?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Same way ur people re dying so hard To claim people that re never in support of ur dream

Don't accuse Yoruba of the same sin u posses.. bye

Igbos are not interested in lazy bigots and traitors. Igbos have not forgotten you saboteurs and at such do not trust you. Remember how you joined hands with the enemy to commit genocide against Asaba people.

There's oil in Anambra, Abia, Enugu and Imo. The whole of Enugu and Anambra States are sitting on Gas deposits; Coal at Enugu, Lime stone for cement in Abakaliki; rice in Ebonyi State; West Africa's largest market at Onitsha, Anambra; big markets at Aba, Abia state and Nnewi, Anambra...I could go on and on. Even without reliance on crude oil the Igbos have excelled and are more than ever before capable of doing  more exploits and competing with the World powers! 

The Igbo's quest is not for traitors or lazy cowards but strictly for people who value hard work, honesty, diligence, dedication, patriotism and efficiency.  

This is a free world in which you are entitled to freedom of association. You are free to merge yourselves with Yoruba, Bini, Esan and any other interested ethnic group.  

Stop feeling any important and leave Igbos out of your misery!
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by donj84: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
rawpadgin:
The ijaws are more accommodating

the itsekiri are not too friendly with strangers

In ogulugha where i work, u cant tell the difference between indigene & non indigene

they see everybody as their own

even ghana people sef dey run Mata there like son of the soil

u can't try in itsekiri land

How will you just jump into conclusion that Istekiri are not accomodating, maybe you Should carry out a research before talking..and mind you there's a difference between staying around and claiming territory of a place..an Istekiri defends its zone with his life but when you don't come with bad intentions, you free to roll
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

What is?
Thats my point, do not make any assumption until you are entirely sure,I'm an urhobo from a family of 7,I am a mechanical Engineer in the Uk our last born is in Uni and would soon grad as a pharmacist, My dad and my immediate brother are chartered accountants, my Mum is an head mistress,two of my sisters are lecturers,I come from teh family of the highest chattered accountants in the world, 7 in total,you can google it,the record is in the guinness book of records.SO If you don't know about certain ethnic group, do not assume from hearsay or waht you just see within your circle.It will be good to migrate out of your immediate comfort and experience life in a different region only then you can make comparison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Igbos are not interested in lazy bigots and traitors. Igbos have not forgotten you saboteurs and at such do not trust you. Remember how you joined hands with the enemy to commit genocide against Asaba people.

There's oil in Anambra, Abia, Enugu and Imo. The whole of Enugu and Anambra States are sitting on Gas deposits; Coal at Enugu, Lime stone for cement in Abakaliki; rice in Ebonyi State; West Africa's largest market at Onitsha, Anambra; big markets at Aba, Abia state and Nnewi, Anambra...I could go on and on. Even without reliance on crude oil the Igbos have excelled and are more than ever before capable of doing  more exploits and competing with the World powers! 

The Igbo's quest is not for traitors or lazy cowards but strictly for people who value hard work, honesty, diligence, dedication, patriotism and efficiency.  

This is a free world in which you are entitled to freedom of association. You are free to merge yourselves with Yoruba, Bini, Esan and any other interested ethnic group.  

Last time I checked.BIAFRA are scumbags Lazy craap asssss people who seek relevance where they do not belong,keep your BIAFRA agendas to your SE no one in SS give a craaap about you lot, is that so damn hard to comprehend, abi dem go enter class again for that lecture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

What is?
If you go back to history, the first finance minister of Nigeria was an Urhobo man.

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

Last time I checked.BIAFRA are scumbags Lazy craap asssss people who seek relevance where they do not belong,keep your BIAFRA agendas to your SE no one in SS give a craaap about you lot, is that so damn hard to comprehend, abi dem go enter class again for that lecture

Why force yourself on Igbos? Is this a form of inferiority complex or what? I can see that you're having a great challenge comprehending simple English.

Igbos are not interested in horrid looking, lazy bigots and traitors. Igbos have not forgotten you saboteurs and at such do not trust you. Remember how you joined hands with the enemy to commit genocide against Asaba people of Delta State.

The Igbo's quest is not for traitors or lazy cowards who have only survived by being stooges; it is strictly for people who value hard work, honesty, diligence, dedication, patriotism and efficiency.  

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by onuwaje(m): 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Dear setaje
I have noticed how u announce ur grievances towards ur ethnicity. I may not have known what you may have gone tru and I don't intend asking. But coming to spew hatred on your tribe, ur identity, ur blood won't erase any sad or bad memories it will only refrehen it. And by the way to avoid bringing back your sad ordeal pls try as much as possible to avoid any thread about itsekiri.

And truth is. Bitter weda u hate ur roots or not

we are itsekiri
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Ufuos4Love: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Am nt Okpe, My mom is From Ethiope East, dad Itsekiri, Buh am more of Urhobo Cous I stayed with my mom..

I think d problem of Okpe Not been Urhobo is so annoying, I only blame there Parents, Most Of them claim dey re nt Urhobo but they all Take Appointment From Federal And State Government In d name Of The Same Urhobo Most Of Them re denying,

Not to worry sister, Am here to correct there stupidity, Thank God Uvwie now Understands fully they re urhobo's..
Ok, thanks. I'm a brother o... Happy Sunday.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Favolly(f): 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

Thats my point, do not make any assumption until you are entirely sure,I'm an urhobo from a family of 7,I am a mechanical Engineer in the Uk our last born is in Uni and would soon grad as a pharmacist, My dad and my immediate brother are chartered accountants, my Mum is an head mistress,two of my sisters are lecturers,I come from teh family of the highest chattered accountants in the world, 7 in total,you can google it,the record is in the guinness book of records.SO If you don't know about certain ethnic group, do not assume from hearsay or waht you just see within your circle.It will be good to migrate out of your immediate comfort and experience life in a different region only then you can make comparison.
Lol! Calm down
All these stats you're giving me, does it account for 50% of the Urhobo race?
Of course, there are educated Urhobo people.
Also I'm not quoting hearsays, neither do I need to 'migrate from my immediate comfort and experience life in a different region' before I can give my opinion on what I have observed generally. I am Urhobo, an accountant and my family members are very educated too.
However, I still maintain my stance about their general literacy level. The fact that your family name is in the Guinness book of records doesn't change anything.
Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Ufuos4Love: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

Are You from Senator Dafinone's family of Okpe?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Favolly(f): 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

If you go back to history, the first finance minister of Nigeria was an Urhobo man.
Lol! Let's not do this please
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ufuos4Love:
Ok, thanks. I'm a brother o... Happy Sunday.

Ur name sounds Feminine, Ufuoma (Peace) re usually answered by ladies... sorry about tat..

Happy Sunday too bro ..
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

Wow, love this, hope this serves as a proof to those who Think Urhobo re nt well Educated, ... Wow, Nice family, Luv that, Keep making us proud man.

God Bless The Urhobo Nation
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

Good bless u for replying that HE-GOAT

Left for me , I will just ignore him, just there usual Madness

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Obiwiz(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Same way ur people re dying so hard To claim people that re never in support of ur dream

Don't accuse Yoruba of the same sin u posses.. bye
Igbos don't need you. Curb ur bloated ego. Igbos live on dia God-given abilities, determination and doggedness. FG privileges are almost non existent for the easterner. I know you know igbos are not keen to co-dwell with anything outside the five core eastern states. BTW, what do you bring to the table? Educationally, culturally, business acumen-wise, looks, vocationally, technologically etc, how are your folks superior to them? What's the logical reasoning that's making you think they need you so bad?
I'm partly igbo and ikwerre(Phalga, to be precise) , I've the chance to claim Rivers since its my maternal home, but it's not necessary. I'm perfectly okay as an igboman.
I've lived many years in warri, and ur folks aren't so classy to the point of an igbo man dying so hard to have them around. Shebi na Ubeji, Koko, Okere etc? Abi na d crude oil wey d price dey drop continuously? Do igbos live on free money from oil companies?
Well, as for ur own matter, you no know where dey pain you. True itsekiris have no issues with the igboman from what I know and what I've seen.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

Lol! Calm down
All these stats you're giving me, does it account for 50% of the Urhobo race?
Of course, there are educated Urhobo people.
Also I'm not quoting hearsays, neither do I need to 'migrate from my immediate comfort and experience life in a different region' before I can give my opinion on what I have observed generally. I am Urhobo, a chartered accountant and my family members are very educated too.
However, I still maintain my stance about their general literacy level. The fact that your family name is in the Guinness book of records doesn't change anything.
Cheers!

Bro, this ur illiteracy matter dey vex me oo, true, I gave u proof earlier Na, Abeg nor they fall our hand Abeg..

Happy Sunday bro

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Favolly(f): 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Bro, this ur illiteracy matter dey vex me oo, true, I gave u proof earlier Na, Abeg nor they fall our hand Abeg..

Happy Sunday bro
Bro? Lol!

Happy Sunday to you too sis! grin
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
Obiwiz:

Igbos don't need you. Curb ur bloated ego. Igbos live on dia God-given abilities, determination and doggedness. FG privileges are almost non existent for the easterner. I know you know igbos are not keen to co-dwell with anything outside the five core eastern states. BTW, what do you bring to the table? Educationally, culturally, business acumen-wise, looks, vocationally, technologically etc, how are your folks superior to them? What's the logical reasoning that's making you think they need you so bad?
I'm partly igbo and ikwerre(Phalga, to be precise) , I've the chance to claim Rivers since its my maternal home, but it's not necessary. I'm perfectly okay as an igboman.
I've lived many years in warri, and ur folks aren't so classy to the point of an igbo man dying so hard to have them around. Shebi na Ubeji, Koko, Okere etc? Abi na d crude oil wey d price dey drop continuously? Do igbos live on free money from oil companies?
Well, as for ur own matter, you no know where dey pain you. True itsekiris have no issues with the igboman from what I know and what I've seen.

Same way we have no problem with Yoruba, Hausa, Igala, e.t.c, because we re accommodating.. If u av any issue with Yoruba go solve it , don't drag anybody Inside ur mess.

Stop acting as if u re better than Yoruba's, tat was d reason I quoted u , Bye

4 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:
Bro? Lol!
Happy Sunday to you too sis! grin
Lolz , sorry..
Happy Sunday Sis.. b4 u shop me raw
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ufuos4Love:
Yes
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ufuos4Love:

been hearing of these family for a while now
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by airsaylongcon: 2:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Hehehehege, Then bro u didn't live in any uvwie Town, Back then in 2005 my frnds from Uvwie always correct me anytime I call them Urhobo, They come with excuse like , Urhobo don't Understand Us, So we re nt Urhobo.. But thank God they now understand Uvwie is just a dialect.

Our problem nw is Okpe, D youth live In Falsehood.. Nt Knowing fully well they belong to Urhobo...

I'm sure Uvwie people haven't heard Ughievwen that's why they were forming Rambo. Okpe people eye go still clear. Two strokes of hot water cane will clear all doubt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Causes A Stir With His Exotic Ride During Visit In Osun State. PICS / Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria / Ado Bayero’s Son Set To Wed,Checkout His Lovely Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.