Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman (2374 Views)

8 Attributes That Show A Lady Will Become A Stingy Wife / What Defines A Real Gentleman And A True Lady.... We All Wanna Date Them / 8 attributes Girls Check In A Guy That Land Them Into Bad Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Jenny1010(f): 6:35pm On Sep 05, 2015
Most Nigerians believe that all it takes to become a gentleman is cute suit, a bold tie and a well polished shoe. This is a wrong assertion. What determines if you are a gentleman has nothing to do with type of attire you are putting on; you can wear any attire and still be a gentleman. What makes you a gentleman is how you carry yourself ,especially around women.

To a woman, there's nothing better than being in the presence of a man who relishes in his masculinity in a way that doesn't involve the obvious chest-pounding and cat-calling, but the confident reserve of a gentleman.

Below are some attributes of a gentleman.

1. A gentleman opens doors for a lady:
He opens doors not because he feels a woman is weak, but because he is strong enough to show that he cares about the comfort of those around him.

2. A gentleman maintains self-control:
He does not insist when his lady says "No" as regards to sex. He understands and can wait till whenever she is ready. He doesn't allow his joystick to control his life. He's willing to wait and work for this woman, to fight for her and will gladly hold out for her as long as he needs to.

3. He always listens, first:
Being a gentleman is not about constantly speaking your mind, but knowing when to speak, and, most importantly, when to shut up and listen to your lady.

4. A gentleman is punctual:
There is no phrase as "African time" in a gentleman's dictionary. He makes plans for traffic and other unforeseen event. He respects a woman's time. And if she late, he doesn't need to draw attention to it. A gentleman never keep a woman waiting.

5. A gentleman helps her to be seated:
He pulls the chair out for her, and as her knees bend to sit,he gently push the chair in with both hands on the back rest. "So sweet"

6. Gentlemen are not "Fake Nice Guys" aka FNG :
Don't get me wrong, the phrase "Fake Nice Guys" as used here classifies those dudes who claim to respect women and to be super nice and yet complain when girls don’t immediately drop their pants for them. Usually this is because the girl in question didn’t react favorably to unsolicited poetry, declarations of love, expensive presents or referring to her as “My world” within the two weeks of meeting. This is usually followed by calling her ‘slut’ or other hideous name and whining about being ‘friend zoned’ again. These guys are in no way nice and are certainly not gentlemen; regardless of how many doors they open.
Sure, a gentleman might want to get into a woman's bed, but he's more interested in getting into her head as experience has shown him that seduction is a delicate dance and the man who resides in her mind has conquered every other part of her.

7. A gentleman walks closest to the car lane:
yes! When walking with a lady, a gentleman walk closer to the car lane. The idea being, of course, to protect her from traffic, debris, puddles and other urban calamities.

8. A gentleman never hits a woman:
Yes ! No matter what. There's no excuse. There's no possible argument to the contrary. There's no "what if?" and there's no qualifier. Gentlemen don't hit women. Ever. Full-stop!

The above are not all , there are many more. But let me stop here for now. You can add more if you like.
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by missmary(f): 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
We still have actors
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by agarawu23(m): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
Jenny1010:
Most Nigerians believe that all it takes to become a gentleman is cute suit, a bored tie and a well polished shoe. This is a wrong assertion. What determines if you are a gentleman has nothing to do with type of attire you are putting on; you can wear any attire and still be a gentleman. What makes you a gentleman is how you carry yourself ,especially around women.

To a woman, there's nothing better than being in the presence of a man who relishes in his masculinity in a way that doesn't involve the obvious chest-pounding and cat-calling, but the confident reserve of a gentleman.

He opens doors not because he feels a woman is weak, but because he is strong enough to show that he cares about the comfort of those around him.

He does not insist when his lady says "No" as regards to sex. He understands and can wait till whenever she is ready. He doesn't allow his joystick to control his life. He's willing to wait and work for this woman, to fight for her and will gladly hold out for her as long as he needs to.

Being a gentleman is not about constantly speaking your mind, but knowing when to speak, and, most importantly, when to shut up and listen to your lady.

There is no phrase as "African time" in a gentleman's dictionary. He makes plans for traffic and other unforeseen event. He respects a woman's time. And if she late, he doesn't need to draw attention to it. A gentleman never keep a woman waiting.

He pulls the chair out for her, and as her knees bend to sit,he gently push the chair in with both hands on the back rest. "So sweet"

Don't get me wrong, the phrase "Fake Nice Guys" as used here classifies those dudes who claim to respect women and to be super nice and yet complain when girls don’t immediately drop their pants for them. Usually this is because the girl in question didn’t react favorably to unsolicited poetry, declarations of love, expensive presents or referring to her as “My world” within the two weeks of meeting. This is usually followed by calling her ‘slut’ or other hideous name and whining about being ‘friend zoned’ again. These guys are in no way nice and are certainly not gentlemen; regardless of how many doors they open.
Sure, a gentleman might want to get into a woman's bed, but he's more interested in getting into her head as experience has shown him that seduction is a delicate dance and the man who resides in her mind has conquered every other part of her.

yes! When walking with a lady, a gentleman walk closer to the car lane. The idea being, of course, to protect her from traffic, debris, puddles and other urban calamities.

Yes ! No matter what. There's no excuse. There's no possible argument to the contrary. There's no "what if?" and there's no qualifier. Gentlemen don't hit women. Ever. Full-stop!

The above are not all , there are many more. But let me stop here for now. You can add more if you like.
where is your source
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by jmoore(m): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
Opening of door is show of strength, huh?

undecided

She got a problem with her spinal cord? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by falconey(m): 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
I'm not a gentleman, I can do few of the aforelisted.

I'm a little bit egocentric

2 Likes

Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Jenny1010(f): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
agarawu23:
where is your source

I don't like sauce, I prefer stew instead cheesy
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by peeparty(m): 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
Gentlemen come over here...
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by agarawu23(m): 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
Jenny1010:

I don't like sauce, I prefer stew instead cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by wisdomguy4u(m): 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
I respect women who respect themselves. You can't act like a biitch and expect to be treated like an angel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Pidggin(f): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
Our guys are not trained to be gentle.
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by 1miccza: 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
These version of gentlemen can only be found in pluto please try an upgraded version
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
I passed! 1/8 is not too bad grin , Is it
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by IamLEGEND1: 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
who are we ? — WOMEN
what do we want ? — WE DON'T KNOW
when do we want it ? — NOW

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Jenny1010(f): 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
Pidggin:

Like seriously smiley
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Jenny1010(f): 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
1miccza:
These version of gentlemen can only be found in pluto please try an upgraded version

Are you saying there are no more gentlemen ? It's obvious you are a Nigerian.
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Jenny1010(f): 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
I passed! 1/8 is not too bad grin , Is it

You try sha undecided
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
Pidggin:
My dear God bless you for this. My problem with many Naija girls of nowadays is that they watch movies on dstv or (for the ones that travel abroad) observe oyinbo behavior and begin to daydream. Op pls wake! Na Naija we dey oh. If you want all these attributes in your man, then go and snag yourself a p'ussy whipped white guy. Our Nigerian culture dictates that a man must be strong, and he grows up with this belief. Does that sound like someone that will be running around opening doors for women and pulling out chairs for them?? Most of our cultures still approve of men having multiple wives, so I'm sure those men have better things to do with their time. As for the sex, if you're not ready then why are you in a relationship? Is it for free popcorn and ice cream. Chai, I can't stop laughing grin
Hope your father chases your mother up and down woman-wrappering her in the name of being a gentleman tongue
#ProudlyAfricanManSince10,00BC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by 1miccza: 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
Jenny1010:

Are you a Somalian??
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Ugosample(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
Jenny1010:
Most Nigerians believe that all it takes to become a gentleman is cute suit, a bold tie and a well polished shoe. This is a wrong assertion. What determines if you are a gentleman has nothing to do with type of attire you are putting on; you can wear any attire and still be a gentleman. What makes you a gentleman is how you carry yourself ,especially around women.

True, only if she is worth it.
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by rawpadgin(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
Not gonna be an a$$ licker in the .ame of trying to be a yentleman
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
Even the bible says dont cast your pearls at swine cos they dont know the use of such
Why be a gentleman to girls who dont even know the use of such?

Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by kennydee05(m): 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
Jenny1010:

I can categorically score myself 100% at No 7, but with the remaining do help me Gid to score 75%
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by MsBliss(f): 12:13am On Sep 06, 2015
ok
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by cyprus000: 12:37am On Sep 06, 2015
Jenny1010:

[size=13pt]
Yes.

He is a nigerian,a real man and a realist. not some idiotic "sissy" asshole.

tho I agree with you on hitting a woman,having self control,being reserved and protecting his woman

But the rest is total bullshitt and we as africans don't condole bullshitt.
We refuse to be mentaliy diluted in the quest of achieving civilization.

Now miss. If you want your ideal man to possess all of the above.

Get [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtaYqBljXLVGlEE82nrXgRZKeiT_gWGvtj9ajfbWwbdbRMzch3BA[/img]
and mould one for yourself or migrate
[/size]
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by AfroKnight: 12:44am On Sep 06, 2015
Opening doors? Lol. Any guy who does all these is just acting a script. A gentleman is one who respects the opinion and feelings of his woman and any other woman but is not afraid to be frank when needed.
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by LasoulMacuby(m): 12:46am On Sep 06, 2015
Any guy who does all these is a Maga Mugu

10 attributes of a Magalicious Magamus
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by suzzy16(f): 12:51am On Sep 06, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Yes.

He is a nigerian,a real man and a realist. not some idiotic "sissy" asshole.

tho I agree with you on hitting a woman,having self control,being reserved and protecting his woman

But the rest is total bullshitt and we as africans don't condole bullshitt.
We refuse to be mentaliy diluted in the quest of achieving civilization.

Now miss. If you want your ideal man to possess all of the above.

Get [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtaYqBljXLVGlEE82nrXgRZKeiT_gWGvtj9ajfbWwbdbRMzch3BA[/img]
and mould one for yourself or migrate
[/size]
nawa o,do we ask much frm u guys ni,a lady needs to feel protected now and d assurance dat her guy loves her,nt one harsh idiot
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by Captainswag225(m): 12:53am On Sep 06, 2015
suzzy16:
nawa o,do we ask much frm u guys ni,a lady needs to feel protected now and d assurance dat her guy loves her,nt one harsh idiot
but i heard ladies dont like it when guys are too soft and caring!
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by teflonbaby: 12:56am On Sep 06, 2015
Well said
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by teflonbaby: 12:57am On Sep 06, 2015
Captainswag225:
no lie
Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by suzzy16(f): 1:01am On Sep 06, 2015
Captainswag225:
sorry,bt me I love dat sha,I'm more experienced in dis game of dating,and I knw which one is good for me,thank u,those falling for bad guys later realize,they re nt d best for them,then they marry Mr cool guy for happiness and peace to reign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Attributes Of A Real Gentleman by cyprus000: 1:11am On Sep 06, 2015
suzzy16:
[size=13pt]
Last I checked. I didn't make a verbose comment,It was a succintive comment and can be deduce by anybody.

Go through it and see if the essential thing you pointed out,aren't in it.

Miss. Study has shown that nigeria has the most loving,protecting and responsible men in africa(google is your friend).

What the _fuck do you girls want?. To crawl and lick your feet just to express love.

Only a dunce does that. The west that does that,what have they achieved from it?.

Aren't they an endangered specie with the highest divorce rate.

Please spare me dat story
[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Decliamer. My account was hacked, / How Did You Get Over Your Ex? / How Do You React When Your Girlfriend Pranks You That She Is Pregnant??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.