Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Issues With Nissan Altima - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Issues With Nissan Altima (1597 Views)

Who Has Experience With Nissan Tiida / Please What Are The Major Problems With Nissan Quest? / What Are The Issues With Nissan Pathfinder 2003 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues With Nissan Altima by tivta(m): 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Gurus in the house, I have the following issues with my Nissan Altima 2001 model (Not to sure of the year but below 2003)
1. The short gun mirror is not working aka passenger side besides the driver.
2. The battery discharges quickly (suspecting parasitic drain cause the alternator is working)

I will like to know the estimated cost of the problems listed above and if possible the cost of a tokunbo engine for the car.
Re: Issues With Nissan Altima by mayor2013: 9:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
As for the mirror check the fuse. What test was carried out to confirm that your alternator is charging. You need to further trouble shoot the problem. If you need to trouble shoot and get a solution and you are in lagos. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: Issues With Nissan Altima by tivta(m): 6:43am On Sep 07, 2015
mayor2013:
As for the mirror check the fuse. What test was carried out to confirm that your alternator is charging. You need to further trouble shoot the problem. If you need to trouble shoot and get a solution and you are in lagos. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522
Thanks, I know the alternator is working cause even when the car is driven with the cd player on, the battery doesn't run down, it is when it is left connected over night that it runs down. As for trouble shooting, I will have to get back to you as soon as I have an idea of the cost.
Re: Issues With Nissan Altima by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2015
tivta:
Thanks, I know the alternator is working cause even when the car is driven with the cd player on, the battery doesn't run down, it is when it is left connected over night that it runs down. As for trouble shooting, I will have to get back to you as soon as I have an idea of the cost.

Does not rule out a bad alternator.

I've seen parasitic alternators before grin

1 Like

Re: Issues With Nissan Altima by ozzugworlee(m): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2015
tivta:

Then always disconnect it b4 going to bed, it will even help protect ur car from bad boys who will leave ur car for u when it doesn't start for dem. Also will help u save money buying another alternator

(1) (Reply)

Camry 2az Engine Stripped Headbolt Wahala / What Actually Happened In This Accident Scene / Car Not Accelerating Wen Ac Is On And Fan Not Working Wen Engine Is Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.