Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red (23034 Views)

How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard / Seven Of Buhari's Actions That Led Nigeria Into Recession / Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by favourlove1: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
PassingShot:
My candid submission:

1. Given the fact that Nigeria for the first time witnessed a real/true change of government (from one party to another), it is expected that economic activities will slow down within the first few months of the new govt as it takes time to formulate a new direction. This fact is more reinforced when one considers the type of economy the new government inherited. It was an economy that the PDP/FG borrowed to pay its workers in March and April of 2015. Had PDP won, they would have continued the borrowing as crude price slides further.

2. Most of the economic performance figures given in this analysis were for the first two quarters of 2015 which are Jan, Feb, March, April, May and June. Of those six months, Jonathan was in charge for five months. So, if any blame is due for apportioning, it is to GEJ's government.

3. There is surely brighter future for Nigeria given that the new government has shown capacity to block avenues for leakages and wastages as seen with past governments. It is such efforts that have increased our foreign reserves from $29 billion left by GEJ (he met $47.7bn) to above $32bn in just after two months of PMB. It's same efforts that have increased states' and federal allocations for two consecutive months in June and July.

4. As we restructure NNPC and look more in other directions such as mining, improved IGR and farming, our dependence on crude oil which has brought this glooming economic picture will reduce in the coming years; and Nigeria shall return to better outlook.

5. With reduced corrupt business environment, investors' confidence will improve and Nigerian economy will soon start to pick up especially with the incoming new cabinet ministers in this month.

You all represent proof of poor education. Waiting for your usual insults. I am immune to them.

keep defending ur role model ok? So what happend btwn July n August. Was he waiting to live on what Gej left over? What's wrong with you? Always blaming Gej. Can't you accept that ur Buhari hasn't done n hasn't got much to offer? U think your better educated? What a pity. Are the minister coming from out of space? Keep hoping.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
undecided
IdisuleOurOwn:

Yea, we know he is a failure that is why we voted him in.

Now go hung transformer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
peppyluv02:
undecided

Who is this toad?
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
Olodo,go back to school.
IdisuleOurOwn:

Who is this toad?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by Trunaijian: 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
PassingShot:
My candid submission:

1. Given the fact that Nigeria for the first time witnessed a real/true change of government (from one party to another), it is expected that economic activities will slow down within the first few months of the new govt as it takes time to formulate a new direction. This fact is more reinforced when one considers the type of economy the new government inherited. It was an economy that the PDP/FG borrowed to pay its workers in March and April of 2015. Had PDP won, they would have continued the borrowing as crude price slides further.

2. Most of the economic performance figures given in this analysis were for the first two quarters of 2015 which are Jan, Feb, March, April, May and June. Of those six months, Jonathan was in charge for five months. So, if any blame is due for apportioning, it is to GEJ's government.

3. There is surely brighter future for Nigeria given that the new government has shown capacity to block avenues for leakages and wastages as seen with past governments. It is such efforts that have increased our foreign reserves from $29 billion left by GEJ (he met $47.7bn) to above $32bn in just after two months of PMB. It's same efforts that have increased states' and federal allocations for two consecutive months in June and July.

4. As we restructure NNPC and look more in other directions such as mining, improved IGR and farming, our dependence on crude oil which has brought this glooming economic picture will reduce in the coming years; and Nigeria shall return to better outlook.

5. With reduced corrupt business environment, investors' confidence will improve and Nigerian economy will soon start to pick up especially with the incoming new cabinet ministers in this month.

You all represent proof of poor education. Waiting for your usual insults. I am immune to them.

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
peppyluv02:
Olodo,go back to school.

Fvck off my mention with your induced road - side bean cake logic.
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by Mkmachika: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
Bull shit!!!!!! Let thye train start moving before you start telling us this. sad[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by christinie(f): 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
Where is all the money Buhari's NNPC claimed to have recovered from GEJ's aids? Where is all the money Buhari and his goons claim to have recovered from PDP members? They show us trillions in prints only and we don't even see a kobo.
APC!!!

LIARS!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by Rushdiesel: 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
The apc lead presidency would allways blame pdp for it.. Lmao
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by Happiness87(f): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
hope liar mohammed have paid your Aug salary
Gbawe:

Well-said. What some will not acknowledge, because they love to hate Nigeria and the thought she may actually make progress and become great, is that Buhari did not take charge of a proper Country as some of us know an efficient Country to be. Buhari took over an "arrangee" geographical zone where a bunch of common criminals and political opportunists, posing as "leader", perverted every process and warped every sector possible to loot and plunder Nigeria cynically. This is what Buhari has to repair and reverse. Anyone who is truly and passionately Nigerian, 100% and without any saboteur intention, will realise what Buhari must achieve and why he must be supported.

For example, we have a nation where the parastatal that control our biggest asset, crude oil, was turned into a giant scamming machine by the PDP since 1999. What could be worse than that as far as the concept of leaders creating all the problems they should be providing solutions for? The same PDP ensured our refineries were deliberately sabotaged so that a sophisticated and highly opaque fuel subsidy scam system could be put in place to literally cheat Nigeria of billions of dollars.It is the same in every sector. Aviation is a man-made mess. SME sector is comatose due to neglect and under-investment. Health is basically about throwing a dice in Nigeria i.e live or die with both death probably more hcertain if one is seeking treatment for a serious ailment. The lazy PDP, full of crooks and scammers, ensured the Nigerian economy is not as not robust, independent and diversified enough to provide more jobs and prosperity for Nigerians. The PDP could not even create an enabling environment for the commercial mining of valuable mineral resources. The process of awarding contract, very important to infrastructural development, is so bastardized that nothing can be expected to work as it should.

A newly constructed road would need renewing within three months in Nigeria, whereas new roads in sane nation perform well for more than 5-10 years, because the Nigerian politician has awarded the contract to his cousin who is a butcher by profession and not a road builder. All this at a time when oil is now selling around $45.00 per barrel when a totally corrupt PDP never put 'buffers' in place while oil sold for over $100.00 for a long period of time. If most Nigerians are morally upright then they would get behind Buhari instead of attempting to taunt a decent and focused President over the problems caused by wicked, grossly corrupt and demonic wasters posing as "leaders" like GEJ, Allison-Madueke, Orubebe, Obanikoro, Adesiyan et al.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by otr1(m): 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
baralatie:

and the above my guy is why investors are doing sit down look to Nigeria economy.
"PMB moves,they move"
"PMB does not move,they find a solution to their money cravings"

And the solution to their money cravings is still doing their businesses.

You think investors are interested in body language?
There is a pattern; if the rate of GDP growth falls, investment falls too.

You'll soon realize that the slump in growth is majorly an economic issue, not political.
The full effect of the decrease in the global oil price is finally here and the government must find a way to bridge the gap- not by borrowing anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 08, 2015
so we should brace ourselves for the incoming hardship
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by baralatie(m): 2:35am On Sep 08, 2015
otr1:

And the solution to their money cravings is still doing their businesses.

You think investors are interested in body language?
There is a pattern; if the rate of GDP growth falls, investment falls too.

You'll soon realize that the slump in growth is majorly an economic issue, not political.
The full effect of the decrease in the global oil price is finally here and the government must find a way to bridge the gap- not by borrowing anyway.

you still don't get it if PMB continues to reflect inactivity the investors with their money cravings move their port folio to your neighbouring states like Ghana or south Africa and Kenya!
so it does not pay Nigeria for PMB to be operating governance in a closed pattern.

if you don't want to borrow or be loan struck.Nigeria must and has no choice but to allow investors to continue to move and that is only possible when they can see your administrative govt make decision that sustains investments, growth and presents its ideas and is FULLY REPRESENTED.
Not where the investors have a "sense" of "one man king"
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by Realist2: 8:05am On Sep 08, 2015
The Results of what you get when someone tendered NEPA bill as certificate and was voted into office.
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by OlaSpeaker(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

If you have interest in becoming s politician, just dabble straight into it.
You dont neeed to bring me in!
dis is funny u can't b a politician yet u condemn dos who got d gut too.........I'm not saying.u should criticize but let ur criticism b construtive n objective free frm sentiment
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:25am On Sep 08, 2015
OlaSpeaker:

dis is funny u can't b a politician yet u condemn dos who got d gut too.........I'm not saying.u should criticize but let ur criticism b construtive n objective free frm sentiment

Go check the meaning of criticism.
Without criticism this government will get to no where.
I can't be a politician because my calling is totally different from that. Btw there is no big deal in becoming a politician.
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by otr1(m): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2015
baralatie:

you still don't get it if PMB continues to reflect inactivity the investors with their money cravings move their port folio to your neighbouring states like Ghana or south Africa and Kenya!
so it does not pay Nigeria for PMB to be operating governance in a closed pattern.

if you don't want to borrow or be loan struck.Nigeria must and has no choice but to allow investors to continue to move and that is only possible when they can see your administrative govt make decision that sustains investments, growth and presents its ideas and is FULLY REPRESENTED.
Not where the investors have a "sense" of "one man king"
I get your point. True for potential investors. But I see no way an investor who means business and still making profits, will move out just because we don't have ministers yet- something they are certain we'll have. What they need is a favourable business climate, which in Nigeria, hasn't changed a bit.
A 39% fall in oil price in 4 month for a nation whose economy is heavily dependent on oil revenue, the little fall in investment is still a miracle.
The government is grappling with shortage of fund- something needed to stimulate investment.
Our economy is that which is centered on oil. And with this continuous fall in oil price, this report is not a surprise to me.
I'm more interested in how this government will get us out of it.
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by baralatie(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
otr1:

I get your point. True for potential investors.

But I see no way an investor who means business and still making profits, will move out just because we don't have ministers yet- something they are certain we'll have.

What they need is a favourable business climate, which in Nigeria, hasn't changed a bit.
A 39% fall in oil price in 4 month for a nation whose economy is heavily dependent on oil revenue, the little fall in investment is still a miracle.
The government is grappling with shortage of fund- something needed to stimulate investment.
Our economy is that which is centered on oil. And with this continuous fall in oil price, this report is not a surprise to me.
I'm more interested in how this government will get us out of it.
well,you are pointing at two general investors with funds
a,the ones already in the economy
b,the ones looking at the performance,financial reports of group (a) before making a decision to move into the economy

the ones already in the economy following the FDI are
1,portfolio managers
2,foreign construction companies
3,automobile assembly plants
4,oil and gas servicing companies

and the percentage of funds that has come in is still their as at 2014 was $1 billion
but as at march,2015 it is $730million

Now let us look at the local non oil export figures
at 2013 non oil export is $2.97billion the figures
2014 DEC non oil export was $2.714billion

Now these are Nigerian confirmed figures!
1,we are through with a very peaceful elections
2,but the fed govt is yet to FULLY ASSEMBLE ITS CABINET AND PUBLICLY CHART ITS COURSE.

the business environment is a community that shares information's and keeps pointers on the NEXT BIG DEAL.

PMB is either advocating Nigeria as the next BIG DEAL FOR INVESTORS BY Screaming about investment climate or the investors are waiting for him to do so!

Now concerning his diversification of the economy from being an oil based economy.let us break it down
1,Agriculture
2,Mining and Coal deposits
3,Iron and Steel industry
4,Real and Property
5,service companies
6,Heavy Engineering and allied industries
7,Aviation ,Instrumentation and special engineering
8,shipbuilding
9,Manufacturing industries
10,Textile and synthetic industries

10 I have listed and it goes on and on.I could open a thread to deal with diversification issues and the key is to sell the image of Nigeria in the positive and not to sit with an image that Nigeria elected president cannot constitute a vomplte executive cabinet!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by otr1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
baralatie:

well,you are pointing at two general investors with funds
a,the ones already in the economy
b,the ones looking at the performance,financial reports of group (a) before making a decision to move into the economy

the ones already in the economy following the FDI are
1,portfolio managers
2,foreign construction companies
3,automobile assembly plants
4,oil and gas servicing companies

and the percentage of funds that has come in is still their as at 2014 was $1 billion
but as at march,2015 it is $730million

Now let us look at the local non oil export figures
at 2013 non oil export is $2.97billion the figures
2014 DEC non oil export was $2.714billion

Now these are Nigerian confirmed figures!
1,we are through with a very peaceful elections
2,but the fed govt is yet to FULLY ASSEMBLE ITS CABINET AND PUBLICLY CHART ITS COURSE.

the business environment is a community that shares information's and keeps pointers on the NEXT BIG DEAL.

PMB is either advocating Nigeria as the next BIG DEAL FOR INVESTORS BY Screaming about investment climate or the investors are waiting for him to do so!

Now concerning his diversification of the economy from being an oil based economy.let us break it down
1,Agriculture
2,Mining and Coal deposits
3,Iron and Steel industry
4,Real and Property
5,service companies
6,Heavy Engineering and allied industries
7,Aviation ,Instrumentation and special engineering
8,shipbuilding
9,Manufacturing industries
10,Textile and synthetic industries

10 I have listed and it goes on and on.I could open a thread to deal with diversification issues and the key is to sell the image of Nigeria in the positive and not to sit with an image that Nigeria elected president cannot constitute a vomplte executive cabinet!
Since you don't want to agree with me that this issue is purely an economic issue and not political, can you explain why there was a fall in non-oil export and FDI in 2014 compared to that of 2013?
If you were an investor, how exactly will the presence of ministers boost your confidence in the economy and in the absence of of that, would you cut down your investments when your profit is increasing? What course exactly are they waiting for him to chart and how is the absence of a course now affecting their profit?
I hope you realize that it's not rational for investors to cut their investments in the face of rising profits all in the name of watching the president's moves? I'm certain a Dangote- or any other major investors- won't do that. Nigeria is politically stable with no cause for fear of the unknown to necessitate that. The elections and transition have come and gone peacefully.

Like I said, our economy is still 70% oil and with a huge slide in oil revenue, a resultant slight fall in investment is the consequence of reduction in public expenditure. It won't make any difference even if we've had ministers since May 30.
The government needs time to settle down and plan and I think the delay in appointing ministers is justified.
Exercising patience for this government for this moment will guarantee comfort for years.
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by baralatie(m): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
otr1:

Since you don't want to agree with me that this issue is purely an economic issue and not political, can you explain why there was a fall in non-oil export and FDI in 2014 compared to that of 2013?
If you were an investor, how exactly will the presence of ministers boost your confidence in the economy and in the absence of of that, would you cut down your investments when your profit is increasing? What course exactly are they waiting for him to chart and how is the absence of a course now affecting their profit?
I hope you realize that it's not rational for investors to cut their investments in the face of rising profits all in the name of watching the president's moves? I'm certain a Dangote- or any other major investors- won't do that. Nigeria is politically stable with no cause for fear of the unknown to necessitate that. The elections and transition have come and gone peacefully.

Like I said, our economy is still 70% oil and with a huge slide in oil revenue, a resultant slight fall in investment is the consequence of reduction in public expenditure. It won't make any difference even if we've had ministers since May 30.
The government needs time to settle down and plan and I think the delay in appointing ministers is justified.
Exercising patience for this government for this moment will guarantee comfort for years.
the economic slide is politically based that is why it fell and as long as PMB is still not settled or not screaming that he is settled in office.the investors would be very caustious.
Dangote is right now in Kenya,south Africa and has signed the Chinese to build a whooping $4.3billion factory facility outside Nigeria.
I want an investor to sign a whooping $4.3billion investment facility in Nigeria alone and the investor is thinking out loud....why??even your president is yet to name his policies and cabinet.so why should he bring investment down to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by debaj10: 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
Someone wants to know how politics affects economics.
The short answer:
The president decides what economic plans the country will make and follow. Even withoit ministers, a president who says, "We're going to start school meals in november" will immediately galvanize the agric sector. And all cottage industries- making plates, cups, cooking utensils; mechanics, large stove builders, pure water producers, even sewage vehicles- they all begin a nationwide gearing towards the start date.
The result is a massive investment in agriculture and investors will now know how to invest in the plan.

This is a simplistic example of how political leadership can translate into economic growth- whether you declare assets/tackle corruption, or not.
The long version can wait till later.
Heh
TheCNN
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by otr1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
baralatie:

the economic slide is politically based that is why it fell and as long as PMB is still not settled or not screaming that he is settled in office.the investors would be very caustious.
Dangote is right now in Kenya,south Africa and has signed the Chinese to build a whooping $4.3billion factory facility outside Nigeria.
I want an investor to sign a whooping $4.3billion investment facility in Nigeria alone and the investor is thinking out loud....why??even your president is yet to name his policies and cabinet.so why should he bring investment down to Nigeria?
You don't just assume the fall in investment is because the President hasn't name his cabinet members.

I just gave you a good reason, which if tested, will prove to be true.

Dangote is expanding his investments to other countries? Has he told you he's not going there to make profit, but because Buhari is yet to chart a course?
Why won't he look somewhere else when he's almost a monopoly here?
And I'm aware most of his investments are in Nigeria and didn't just plan expanding to other countries after Buhari was sworn in.
Adenuga has investments in Ghana. We have S. African businesses- mtn, shoprite, etc- in Nigeria, so what's wrong in Dangote doing business in SA and ending up repatriating the profit?
It's not as if Dangote is closing his factories in Nigeria to open it somewhere else.
Yes, Dangote met the President last month or so and I believe others like him are not waiting for Buhari's ministers to do business.
You don't expect investment to still remain at the same level in Nigeria after a 39% in oil price within few months, do you?

I hope you know that Nigeria has been in financial mess since oil price began to fall and investors are not immune to the system, because Nigerians are the ones patronizing them?
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by theshadyexpress(m): 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
PassingShot:
If majority of the youths on the forum is a representation of Nigerian youths, the future better not belong to them.

The youths here are mostly semi literate, lazy and have demonstrated lack of capacity for engaging in critical reasoning. All they're after is to engage in socializing and getting rich quick.

Most of them don't even understand what a quarter of a year represents. How do you then engage such unintelligent people on politics and economy?

you must be a fool,the future belongs to you yet u voted ur ancestor into power. id rather say mumu belongs to you,pls dont stress us with your lack of vision
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by OlaSpeaker(m): 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

Go check the meaning of criticism.
Without criticism this government will get to no where.
I can't be a politician because my calling is totally different from that. Btw there is no big deal in becoming a politician.
your criticism would have been better if constructively given than insulting the first citizen of the country your President my President MUHAMMADU BUHARI
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by BlackrulesDworld(m): 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
OlaSpeaker:

your criticism would have been better if constructively given than insulting the first citizen of the country your President my President MUHAMMADU BUHARI

In politics all type of criticism is allowed. It helps to put the government in check. Why do the ruling party attacks the opposition party offensively in nigeria and vice-versa?

Why do the republican attacks the democratic party in american politics.

Its sane and allowed.
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by adconline(m): 2:23am On Sep 09, 2015
PassingShot:
My candid submission:

You failed to put that N1.6tn has been lost in the capital market.. And the informal sector has lost 2x that amount -N3.2tn because of stalled economic activities. Economic of banning FX for SMEs.. FDI into Naija dropped by 53%..Low investor confidence. Lack of fiscal policy from GMB. No economic blueprint and economic team. Staccato manner of announcing and enforcing macro economic policies. GMB doesn't see the impending economic gloom hovering over Naija.. Oil prices are further going to crash to $20-$30 a barrel if EU/US sanctions are lifted. Iran has stock-piled over 50m barrels it's going to dump on the already saturated global oil market.. Naija budget is benchmarked at $50 while its currrently selling at below $40.. The only that can add to this growth are foreign remittances which are as large Naija budget last yr.. Good luck hope is not enough, action was needed 3 months ago.. We are already late!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by jpphilips(m): 3:27am On Sep 09, 2015
PassingShot:
If majority of the youths on the forum is a representation of Nigerian youths, the future better not belong to them.

The youths here are mostly semi literate, lazy and have demonstrated lack of capacity for engaging in critical reasoning. All they're after is to engage in socializing and getting rich quick.

Most of them don't even understand what a quarter of a year represents. How do you then engage such unintelligent people on politics and economy?

The rate at which Nigeria is raising a generation of goats is alarming.
The IQ level of an average Nigerian youth is fast competing with that of a squirrel.
How can a country have this much of dumb people in her population at a time, are we cursed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by jpphilips(m): 3:29am On Sep 09, 2015
favourlove1:
keep defending ur role model ok? So what happend btwn July n August. Was he waiting to live on what Gej left over? What's wrong with you? Always blaming Gej. Can't you accept that ur Buhari hasn't done n hasn't got much to offer? U think your better educated? What a pity. Are the minister coming from out of space? Keep hoping.

July & August does it represent a quarter?
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by adconline(m): 5:19am On Sep 09, 2015
Most GMB partisan followers don't know the difference between fiscal and physical without consulting Google..
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by PassingShot(m): 7:01am On Sep 09, 2015
jpphilips:

The IQ level of an average Nigerian youth is fast competing with that of a squirrel.
How can a country have this much of dumb people in her population at a time, are we cursed?

It has always been getting worse from one generation to another.

Any wonder why we had to go back to PMB's generation to salvage the situation for us?

It's simply because the younger generations (GEJ, Bankole, Oduah, Alameiseigha, Lamido, Ibori, Gbenga Daniels, Akala Diezanni, Fani-Kayode etc) after his surely performed worse as they displayed insatiable appetite for profligacy off common wealth despite having quality education and necessary exposure.

Unfortunately, the current generation (those born in the 70's and 80's) consists of mostly praise singers of the earlier one who made sure they continue to live in perpetual abject poverty. The generation coming after has even shown to have capacity to be worse than any of the earlier ones.

When IBB who is generally accepted to be very corrupt declared that his government was a saint compared to those after him, we should have known that the situation is very hopeless.
Re: Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red by 2sex(m): 7:54am On Sep 09, 2015
jpphilips:

the government isn't doing much to encourage education. The corporations are not doing much to encourage education. The media are not doing much to encourage education. The celebrities are not doing much to encourage education and the economy isn't doing much and lastly the parents aren't either... What do you expect?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Anambra, Enugu, Kogi Can’t Be Declared Oil Bearing States, By DPR / Bauchi State NBA Pulls Out Of Conference Over El-Rufai's Treatment / Garba Shehu: Amnesty International Has No Right To Exist In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.