Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? (1986 Views)

Why Do Nigerians And South Africans Engage In E-fights / Why Do People Use Marriage As A Means To Insult Single Successful Women? / Please I Need Matured Advice Only, I Dont Need Anyone To Insult Me!!!urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
I have come to the conclusion that Nigerians love to insult others.
This is evident online. Create a thread and before long people are derailing it with insults.
Or when a nigerian chap first meets a nigerian girl in-person, the Nigerian female often thinks it part of the ritual to insult the fellow.

I've been in other online communities like reddit and other people do not behave like this.
No matter how much they may disagree, they never resort to insults. They simply "agree to disagree".
This "agreeing to disagree" nonsense is something very alien to the uncivilized brain of the average Nigerian, because it only sees things in black and white.

Doing a psychosis on this behavior, I believe it comes from a deep seated anger at OTHER things in their life.
That person they are insulting is not their real problem. They are simply refracting...taking out their life frustrations on the other person.
It is deeply tied to low self-esteem issues.

Could be that you are powerless/weak/broke/unattractive offline and so get online to create a fake world for yourself where you attempt to blow your horn at others.
Offline, Could be that the girl figures she better insult him so he doesn't get to find out that she is a fraud and insult her first. Like those small dogs that are all bark no teeth.

All symptoms of low-self esteem and general intense life dissatisfaction.

So the next time you start raining insults at other people over perceived slights, audit yourself... Is this my reaction right? Do they really deserve this? Would I tolerate these insults if I was on the receiving end?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by ladyF(f): 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
It baffles me too. Some people on NL especially. Hiding behind their phone or laptop to curse someone that u won't have to liver to speak to if you were in the same room coincidentally. Silence is truly golden.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by TheMainMan: 11:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
.. Nairaland and twitter.. Those two sites is full of broken people...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by huntila(m): 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
I think its due to stress. Emotional & Psychological.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by TheMainMan: 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
ladyF:
It baffles me too. Some people on NL especially. Hiding behind their phone or laptop to curse someone that u won't have to liver to speak to if you were in the same room coincidentally. Silence is truly golden.
.. You talkin from experience?..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by ladyF(f): 11:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
TheMainMan:
.. You talkin from experience?..
Well.... smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
Total NONSENSE.... SIMPLY COZ OP's LYK YOU GOT LITLE OR NO SENSE

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by TheMainMan: 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
ladyF:
Well.... smiley
.. Well? smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by TheMainMan: 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
Total NONSENSE.... SIMPLY COZ OP's LYK YOU GOT LITLE OR NO SENSE
.. Speaking of the devil.. undecided..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by engrtee(f): 11:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
You are mad
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 08, 2015
lol @ doing a psychosis at this behaviour. Was that a Freudian slip? I'm sure you meant to write psycho analysis but psychosis fits perfectly to describe the behaviour. It's like some are half-mad or suffer from Asperger's because you'll be saying something, next thing, someone is coming off stage left hurling insults. It was odd at 1st, but then again, whilst in Rome, you learn the ways of the Romans.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by naija4(m): 5:27am On Sep 08, 2015
wanna share my own side of this issue.The truth Is 95% of nigrerians are emotional time bombs ....in my area of sango-otta, at the bus stops, people are so angry that they can slap you if you mistaken near them too closely while passing.....
in Naija here,almost everyone Is a suspect of everything including you reading this comment oooh.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 08, 2015
Its an hereditary disease sweet grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 08, 2015
PunkyVeer:
lol @ doing a psychosis at this behaviour. Was that a Freudian slip? I'm sure you meant to write psycho analysis but psychosis fits perfectly to describe the behaviour. It's like some are half-mad or suffer from Asperger's because you'll be saying something, next thing, someone is coming off stage left hurling insults. It was odd at 1st, but then again, whilst in Rome, you learn the ways of the Romans.
Ok, you need to take a deep breath.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 08, 2015
@itz_soundprince is here again with another tune #FILE prod by @McDowealth http:///1ipOpYJ ENJOY!!! It gonna top ur playlist
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Eureka123(f): 5:58am On Sep 08, 2015
TheMainMan:
.. Nairaland and twitter.. Those two sites is full of broken people...

You are really observant! Everybody too get mouth for twitter! Social media in general, I will never forget the insult a total stranger gave me because I refused to release my BBM pin on twitter. I was totally lashed? And to think that he wouldn't have the guts to try such nonsense in person, around someone like me! grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 08, 2015
BoboYekini:
Ok, you need to take a deep breath.

I sound worked up? I'm actually very chill. How you doing, Bo? smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by suzzy16(f): 6:05am On Sep 08, 2015
Eureka123:

You are really observant! Everybody too get mouth for twitter! Social media in general, I will never forget the insult a total stranger gave me because I refused to release my BBM pin on twitter. I was totally lashed? And to think that he wouldn't have the guts to try such nonsense in person, around someone like me! grin
imagine
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by chimajii: 6:06am On Sep 08, 2015
Kwakwakwakwakwa lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by IamLEGEND1: 6:09am On Sep 08, 2015
every ìdiot with a phone go come dey form psychologist now.....

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 08, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I sound worked up? I'm actually very chill. How you doing, Bo? smiley
I got outta bed way too early. Feeling grungy. You sound bored actually.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 08, 2015
Eureka123:

Yea you look like a linebacker, no doubt smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Eureka123(f): 6:16am On Sep 08, 2015
BoboYekini:
Yea you look like a linebacker, no doubt smiley

grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 08, 2015
BoboYekini:
I got outta bed way too early. Feeling grungy. You sound bored actually.

You & me, both. Must be something in the air because I also woke up before my alarm clock this morning. Hopefully your mood will improve. Have some caffeine to bring back the spring in your gait smiley How was the party the other day? I'm sure you got a few lap dances & face dances grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 08, 2015
PunkyVeer:

You & me, both. Must be something in the air because I also woke up before my alarm clock this morning. Hopefully your mood will improve. Have some caffeine to bring back the spring in your gait smiley How was the party the other day? I'm sure you got a few lap dances & face dances grin
Debauchery is the word grin Let's just say I wouldn't like for some pictures to come out.
I'm detoxifying, so no caffeine or alcohol for a few days.
If you flirt with me, my mood will improve for sure cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 08, 2015
BoboYekini:
Debauchery is the word grin Let's just say I wouldn't like for some pictures to come out.
I'm detoxifying, so no caffeine or alcohol for a few days.
If you flirt with me, my mood will improve for sure cheesy

Kikikiki. You're incorrigible! Rewd! But anyway, nice to hear you flew your freak flag high tongue Good thing on the detox thing. Are you on a special diet to go along with it?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 08, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Kikikiki. You're incorrigible! Rewd! But anyway, nice to hear you flew your freak flag high tongue Good thing on the detox thing. Are you on a special diet to go along with it?
Yea, eating pùssy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 08, 2015
BoboYekini:
Yea, eating pùssy

LMFAO. Mcheew.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 08, 2015
PunkyVeer:

LMFAO. Mcheew.
mcheew you too cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by TheMainMan: 8:15am On Sep 08, 2015
Eureka123:

.. Lol.. Thats it.. Sowie.. grin..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by cyprus000: 8:38am On Sep 08, 2015
[size=13pt][b]
You can't behave like an idiott and expect not to be reminded the idiott you are, to effect premptive change.
Just lyk homosexuality can never start from africa,cos there is no
chance to propagate such bullshitt.
Some have sex with their parents and are fighting for equality>>www.joeforamerica.com/2015/01/teen-girl-admits-sleeping-dad-says-two-planning/

While others sleep with animals and also seek equality>>www.lailasblog.com/2015/07/wtf-hotel-where-perverts-pay-to-have.html?m=1

Nigerians aint emotionally soft/weak. You will see people in the west commiting suicide becs of depression. Their military have highest rate of such cases. Have you heard that a naija man commited suicide due to depression..even old soulja for area no know wetin you dey talk self

Everything about africa is designed to be tough,both in animal kingdom and our world.
You have to develope strong skin to survive here. its a form of pyschological and emotional training. If you can't telorate. I advice you migrate,cos nothing will change.

[/b][/size]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love To Insult? by misspicy(f): 8:47am On Sep 08, 2015
PunkyVeer:
lol @ doing a psychosis at this behaviour. Was that a Freudian slip? I'm sure you meant to write psycho analysis but psychosis fits perfectly to describe the behaviour. It's like some are half-mad or suffer from Asperger's because you'll be saying something, next thing, someone is coming off stage left hurling insults. It was odd at 1st, but then again,whilst in Rome, you learn the ways of the Romans
this time around you are in Nigeria,you learn the ways of Nigeriansgrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Closed / Help! How Can I Stop This? / One Word For These Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.