Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,083 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People (9669 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech On The Threat By The North To Secede In 1953. / Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) / 1953 - Nnamdi Azikiwe Speech On Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Curlieweed: 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
otr1:

Really? Who in his right senses learn things they already know? It must be that the method they are learning is better and advanced. If you have another reason why you should learn what you already know, pray tell?

I thought you were acute enough to recognize sarcasm. Unfortunately, you're not that gifted.

I will type this slowly so that you will understand. Oramiyan or whatever didn't teach Igbo anything. Unless of course he also invented a time machine.
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Jaideyone(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yujin:

My reference of Ibadan as disorganized was with respect to how the settlement was formed and not its military prowess. I want you to remember they fought only a small fraction of the fulani army. When the fulanis retreated to illorin they where preparing for a strong come back before the British intervened.
yeah yeah yeah strong come back that didn't come in 16yrs of Yoruba civil war after the defeat of the Fulanis. you are not Yoruba

1 Like

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
Jaideyone:
lmao you jokers should thank the middle belt for resisting Fulani incursion to your territory from the north and also thank the Binis for resisting the Oyo empire from the west. Oyo empire extended all the way the port novo in the west. it would have extended all the way to IBO land if not for the resistance of the Bini people

Lmao, One day, one story. Is the middle belt d only path to get to igbo land U Yoruba people know how to lie constantly. Bini empire didn't resist fulani,, But rather Bini empire conquered the Yoruba people completely. Take those ur useless fall stories to people who are uninformed.

For ur info, onitsha people are Bini settlers, so don't talk more carp.

3 Likes

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Look, there's no point flogging a dead horse. That Bini influence extended into the present-day Onitsha in the SE as the Aniomas and Onitshas are practically one and same people separated by the Niger. Truth is, we are talking about a period of time when most tribes weren't really united under an umbrella of "Yoruba", "Igbo", "Hausa-Fulani" appellation or whatever. The Arochukwu saw themselves as distinct from the Nris and made the raiding, enslaving/selling, and kidnapping of their kinsmen a preferred pastime. Those were the days of unbriddled brutality and inhumanity all over Africa and much of the world. To say that Igbos were never at any point 'conquered' by either their own kin or outsiders is nothing but a fantasy.

onitsha people r Bini settlers, d Bini people didn't conquer dem. Everyone knew where we were, But no one dared advance towards us. Ask d colonial masters n their Anthropologists, they know better.

I heard from a Yoruba man that s waste wrote a letter to great Britain, inviting dem to colonize dem, mere cowards.

3 Likes

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by OduaVanguard: 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yujin:

The departure of the Oyos from katunga was not out of choice but from force and it was very recent. The end product is the formation of the disorganized Ibadan. Illorin remains a fulani territory(I'm not proud of it) and there's nothing you can do about it. The Yorubas there tried to challenge it during obj's era but failed when the new oba they installed died mysteriously. You can verify it through Google. And it was the fulanis that sacked old oyo not the small nupe.

ILORIN IS NOT ANY FULANI TERRITORY! I repeat that today the real POWER belongs to the people of ilorin -- this isn't pre-colonial times when the Emirs and Sultans held sway [the people can request that their traditional ruler be dethroned and have their way if they so desire]. And if today the ilorins are serious about no longer wanting the Emirate, the Emirate will be gone. The elected representatives of the people, including the Governors, have the real POWER, and not any useless traditional ruler -- even Awolowo dethroned the current Alaafin of Oyo's father (Alaafin Adeyemi II) in the 50s and nothing happend, Abacha dethroned and banished then Sultan of Sokoto, Dasuki and nothing happened, Kwankwanso single-handedly decided who emerged the current Emir of Kano and nothing happened. Ilorin is a fulani territory my a$$.
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by theDEVILisHERE: 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
VickJames:

Please tell that story to those who need ginger. The downfall of oyo empire marked the downfall of the yoruba kingdom. You guys started having different people with different heads.

The igbo never had a kingdom of some sort because they never saw its necessity because they were protected from all angles. And their immediate neighbours were more less friends.

The time the igbos went to war was with a formidable force which was the british army. A people of then not more than 3million fought the british army for close to 35years before they eventually did mago-mago and brought our leaders to a kangaroo court and sentenced them.

Do you know how many british captains were killed during ekumeku's war that spanned almost 15years? Let me make the whole thing simple for you. We were the reason the almagamation took them time to initiate. Because after the ekumeku's war, the whole Nigeria was under them.

The igbos don't bow down to no man, and most of all unscrupulous ones. We stand when we need to stand!

The igbos fought Biafran war with Nigerian soldiers with super-powers behind Nigeria. But you guys lost 500,000 soldiers. Can u imagine the number?

The problem u guys had and I have to tell you, you guys designated people to be soldiers and left some to be suckers. That's why when your soldiers are been dealt with, you guys will shrink. I am not insulting you but only saying the truth. Territories that were defeated then, using my knowledge of warfare, were the ones who had a defined army and when the armies were taken down. The remaining were weaklings.

But a region like the igbo region where no definite army, you don't know who to fight. And everyone fought for two reasons: for their families, and for their names. That's one thing you guys will never have.

"They're stubborn, they hardly bend to oppression, but they're progressive. If the europeans are not careful, they may overtake us."

Your last quote
Where is that from
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Jaideyone(m): 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
chuna1985:

Lmao, One day, one story. Is the middle belt d only path to get to igbo land U Yoruba people know how to lie constantly. Bini empire didn't resist fulani,, But rather Bini empire conquered the Yoruba people completely. Take those ur useless fall stories to people who are uninformed.

For ur info, onitsha people are Bini settlers, so don't talk more carp.
hahahaha clown could you please give me the full story of how and when the Bini conquered Yoruba? I hope you know the son of the last born of Oduduwa was the first king of Benin? no king will ascend the throne in Benin without first coming to ile Ife. no matter what you clowns try to propagate. some of us will just laugh at your foolishness
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by OduaVanguard: 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
chuna1985:

onitsha people r Bini settlers, d Bini people didn't conquer dem. Everyone knew where we were, But no one dared advance towards us. Ask d colonial masters n their Anthropologists, they know better.

I heard from a Yoruba man that s waste wrote a letter to great Britain, inviting dem to colonize dem, mere cowards.

Hehehehe. You can keep repeating that tired line to yourself if it helps you sleep at night. Harold Smith, a colonial officer of the British Government sent to rig Nigeria’s pre-independence elections, was pretty clear on his impression of who was the coward and stooge between both Yorubas and Igbos in his autobiography: cheesy

“But the British were not treated as gods by the Yoruba. In my experience, the Yoruba regarded themselves as superior to the British and one only had to read a book written by Awolowo, the Western leader, to know why. The Yoruba were often highly intelligent and they taunted the British with sending inferior people to Nigeria. The Igbo would be humble and avert his eyes in the presence of a European. The Yoruba child would look at an important European and shout, ‘Hello, white man,’ as if he were a freak.”

“The thrust of the British Government’s policy was against the Action Group led by Chief Awolowo, which ruled in the Western Region. Not only was the British Government working hand in glove with the North, which was a puppet state favoured and controlled by the British administration, but it was colluding through Okotie-Eboh with Dr. Azikiwe – Zik – the leader of the largely Igbo NCNC, which ruled in the East. We tricked Azikiwe into accepting to be president having known that Balewa will be the main man with power. Awolowo has to go to jail to cripple his genius plans for a greater Nigeria.”

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by VickJames(m): 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
Jaideyone:
lmao what a load of crap. so now that I forced you to accept the important role Ibadan played in the defeat of those Oyo couldn't defeat you are trying to downplay the importance of Ibadan and it's victory against the fulanis. what a dolt!!! the fulanis would have been sent back as far as sokoto if not primarily for the internal squabbles amongst the chiefs and power brokers of the Oyo empire. no one was interested in fighting the fulanis

https://takeupanarm./2011/04/22/how-and-what-made-oyo-collapse/

Please, next time, don't quote wordpress for me grin.

Please, I never said you guys didn't pull a stunt at one time. I've read your history more than I think you've read it. Ibadan only forestalled the expansion of the Fulanis with the help of the Ijebus, so calm down with the praises.

Internal squabbles? Have u forgotten that you guys didn't have an empire again and everyone were looking protection and none trusted the other. So, they created different city states.

I think the Uthman Dan Fodios didn't see anything in expanding past his limits that's why he didn't launch a major assault on you guys.

Ibadan city state was not as big as Oyo empire, therefore they're no match for the Fulanis in the war front.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Jaideyone(m): 3:56am On Sep 09, 2015
VickJames:

Please, next time, don't quote wordpress for me grin.

Please, I never said you guys didn't pull a stunt at one time. I've read your history more than I think you've read it. Ibadan only forestalled the expansion of the Fulanis with the help of the Ijebus, so calm down with the praises.

Internal squabbles? Have u forgotten that you guys didn't have an empire again and everyone were looking protection and none trusted the other. So, they created different city states.

I think the Uthman Dan Fodios didn't see anything in expanding past his limits that's why he didn't launch a major assault on you guys.

Ibadan city state was not as big as Oyo empire, therefore they're no match for the Fulanis in the war front.
lol and the idiot tries to downplay the victory of the Ibadan against the Fulani again. why won't a blood thirsty Fulani man launch another campaign against the people that defeated him for 16yrs? the answer is simple. the Fulanis stood no chance. the area was hilly and their Calvary was useless. they had to come down from their horses and fight the Ibadan people who were determined to protect their freedom. don't make the victory look like a small one. ewu IBO. go and find out the meaning of the song below

Ogun o ko won ri
Ogun o ko won ri
Omo Ibadan i seru enikan
Ogun o ko won ri!!!
the Yoruba civil war was discussed sometimes on nairaland years ago. Ilorin which was now under the control of the fulanis was still fighting Ibadan all through the civil but Ibadan never lost!!!

www.nairaland.com/864525/yoruba-kiriji-wars-1877-1893

prove me wrong

1 Like

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:22am On Sep 09, 2015
[size=18pt]THE Portuguese image of Ile Ife: [/size]

The Europeans saw Ile-Ife as the preeminent city-state and as an important ceremonial centre in what was then often referred to as “the Negro world.”

The seafaring Portuguese, the first Europeans to explore the coast of West Africa, arrived in the fifteenth century. Although they had heard much about the city of Ile-Ife, their inability to access interior forested regions made contact very difficult. However, the Portuguese recorded their impressions of the importance of this ancient city, especially of its artistic and historical relationship and connection to the kingdom of Benin, with which the Portuguese had earlier contact.

Writing in his navigational guidebook Esmeraldo de Situ Orbis, the well-known Portuguese explorer Duarte Pacheco Pereira noted that to the west of the Benin Kingdom, about one hundred leagues (four hundred miles) inland, was a country with a king named Licasaguou, who was said to be lord of many people and to possess great power. Close by, Pereira explained, another great lord, Hooguanee, “is considered among the Negroes as the Pope is among us.” Although the identity of the first king, Licasaguou, remains unknown, the “Pope of the Negroes” may refer to the Ooni of Ile-Ife, since the neighbouring Benin people commonly referred to this king as Hooguanee (Ogene).

Some of the earliest written records about Ile- Ife come from the Portuguese seafarers who traded with the Benin Kingdom. One such record was Da Asia, by Joao de Barros, which provided a detailed discussion of the political and ritual kinshiIp of Benin and Ile-Ife in the precolonial period.

According to this interesting account, the king of Portugal, Don Joao, learned from the ambassador of the king of Beny (Benin) and also from Joa Alfonso d’Aveiro that to the west of the Benin Kingdom, about a twenty moons’ journey (about 250 leagues), “there lived the most powerful monarch of these parts called Igane. Among the pagan chiefs of the territories of Beny [Benin], he was held in as great veneration as is the Supreme Pontiff with us.”

The informant also described a ritual link between Benin and Ile-Ife. In compliance with an ancient tradition, whenever a new king ascended the throne of Benin, the Benin sent ambassadors to the monarch to the east with many gifts to inform him that the new king of Benin had succeeded his deceased father and to request confirmation of his new status.
As a sign of consent, Prince Ogene sent the new Benin king a “staff and a headpiece of shining brass, fashioned like a Spanish helmet in place of crown and scepter: He sent a brass cross to be worn around the neck, “a holy and religious emblem similar to that worn by the commendadores as of the Order of Saint John.” for, “without these emblems, the people do not recognize him as the lawful ruler, nor can he call himself truly king.” De Barros reported that the ambassadors from Benin never saw the king himself, since he was always secluded behind a “curtain of silk.”
However, to authenticate the mission, just before the ambassadors departed from Ile-Ife, the king showed “a foot behind the curtains,” indicating that he agreed to Benin’s request. The ambassadors were bestowed with gifts as compensation for the great journey to Ile-Ife. The gift to each ambassador consisted of a “small cross similar to that sent to the king, which is thrown round his neck to signify that he is free and exempt from all servitudes and is privileged in his native country, as the Commendadores are with us.”

2 Likes

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:04am On Sep 09, 2015
The Yoruba were often highly intelligent and they taunted the British with sending inferior people to Nigeria. The Igbo would be humble and avert his eyes in the presence of a European. The Yoruba child would look at an important European and shout, ‘Hello, white man,’ as if he were a freak.”

[size=16pt]Yoruba taunted British and addressed the important one among them as if he were a freak!
In the presence of a European....Igbo look down, scared to match his stare[/size]

Onyi Ara to all yanmiris, bomba stic cowards.
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by VickJames(m): 8:30am On Sep 09, 2015
Jaideyone:
lol and the idiot tries to downplay the victory of the Ibadan against the Fulani again. why won't a blood thirsty Fulani man launch another campaign against the people that defeated him for 16yrs? the answer is simple. the Fulanis stood no chance. the area was hilly and their Calvary was useless. they had to come down from their horses and fight the Ibadan people who were determined to protect their freedom. don't make the victory look like a small one. ewu IBO. go and find out the meaning of the song below

the Yoruba civil war was discussed sometimes on nairaland years ago. Ilorin which was now under the control of the fulanis was still fighting Ibadan all through the civil but Ibadan never lost!!!

www.nairaland.com/864525/yoruba-kiriji-wars-1877-1893

prove me wrong

This guy don't seem to get it. You only defended a lost empire. Ibadan never grew more than a city state. Please get yourself together. The Fulanis didn't see any reason to drive very far to conquer you guys. You can still see the belittling eyes the Fulanis still give you guys.

No matter how you develop, the Fulanis will still see you guys as the people they conquered. A lost empire. The yoruba heritage was destroyed by Fulanis. And the pain will continue to hunt your people forever. The Fulanis sent your king packing. They ran for their lives from the old oyo-ile to ibadan. See the distance on foot coupled with the fear and tremble.

You cannot change history to boost your ego, sorry about that. The story is that Oyo empire was decimated by cattle rearers. I'm sorry it had to end like that. If only Uthman Dan Fodio had continued his conquest, your tribe would've been off the map.

Thank Olodumare for coming to the rescue by sending the better enemy from Lagos, the British.

1 Like

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Hehehehe. You can keep repeating that tired line to yourself if it helps you sleep at night. Harold Smith, a colonial officer of the British Government sent to rig Nigeria’s pre-independence elections, was pretty clear on his impression of who was the coward and stooge between both Yorubas and Igbos in his autobiography: cheesy

Lmfao, wen will s waste people filled with constant cowardice stop writing n editing articles on Wikipedia n showing dose shit to us.

Gosh, Only the Aba women riot sent all d proof the white men needed to feel the igbo bravery. s waste were docile slaves who remain cowards not only till d white men left, but up till September 2015.
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 09, 2015
Jaideyone:
hahahaha clown could you please give me the full story of how and when the Bini conquered Yoruba? I hope you know the son of the last born of Oduduwa was the first king of Benin? no king will ascend the throne in Benin without first coming to ile Ife. no matter what you clowns try to propagate. some of us will just laugh at your foolishness

Bini conquered s waste n converted Lagos to their war camp. They also instilled/installed Oba leadership to Yoruba people. So u really believe that oduduwa coming down from heaven to earth with coconut, lol. s wasters sha, we know u wella
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Jaideyone(m): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2015
chuna1985:

Bini conquered s waste n converted Lagos to their war camp. They also instilled/installed Oba leadership to Yoruba people. So u really believe that oduduwa coming down from heaven to earth with coconut, lol. s wasters sha, we know u wella
lmao ret@rd. don't you find it funny that it's mostly you IBO humanoids that have made it a life time goal to propagate this falsehood? even the Benin people never made such claims. You completely avoided what I asked for. Back ur claims with verifiable history write ups with references. failure to do that makes you the phool I've always suspected you were.

BTW do you know any oba of Benin has to visit ile Ife before his coronation? do you know the late oba of Benin's head has to be buried in ile Ife the final resting place? that's simply because they have their origin from oranmiyan the son of oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Jaideyone(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2015
VickJames:

This guy don't seem to get it. You only defended a lost empire. Ibadan never grew more than a city state. Please get yourself together. The Fulanis didn't see any reason to drive very far to conquer you guys. You can still see the belittling eyes the Fulanis still give you guys.

No matter how you develop, the Fulanis will still see you guys as the people they conquered. A lost empire. The yoruba heritage was destroyed by Fulanis. And the pain will continue to hunt your people forever. The Fulanis sent your king packing. They ran for their lives from the old oyo-ile to ibadan. See the distance on foot coupled with the fear and tremble.

You cannot change history to boost your ego, sorry about that. The story is that Oyo empire was decimated by cattle rearers. I'm sorry it had to end like that. If only Uthman Dan Fodio had continued his conquest, your tribe would've been off the map.

Thank Olodumare for coming to the rescue by sending the better enemy from Lagos, the British.
ignoramus Ibadan fought the fulanis somewhere in osogbo and drove them out of Yoruba land. Ilorin went to the Fulani cos the people never fought for themselves. they converted to Islam. stop twisting history to suit your tribal hate.
Yoruba would have been off the map when Ibadan defeated the fulanis DECISIVELY? you need to be educated
The military sanctuary
expanded even further when refugees began arriving in
large numbers from northern Oyo following raids by
Fulani warriors. After losing the northern portion of their
region to the marauding Fulanis , many Oyo indigenes
retreated deeper into the Ibadan environs.
The Fulani Caliphate attempted to expand further into the
southern region of modern-day Nigeria, but was
decisively defeated by the armies of Ibadan in 1840

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibadan

In 1840, Ibadan forces defeated Fulani
invaders from the north at the battle of Oshogbo , thus
protecting S Yorubaland from attack. The city came under
British protection in 1893, and was the capital of Nigeria's
former Western Region
www.infoplease.com/encyclopedia/world/ibadan.html

THE IBADAN EMPIRE
The Ibadan Expansionist Wars took place between 1840 -
1878. Emeritus Professor Akinjogbin in his "Wars in
Yorubaland, 1793 - 1893: An analytical categorisation" puts
it thus: "By 1865, Ibadan had grown to become the strongest
political force in Yorubaland. In those 25 years, virtually all
the Oyo speaking areas, the Ife Kingdom, the Ijesha
Kingdom, the whole of Ekiti, Akoko and Yagbe, came under
what has been called The Ibadan Empire from which the
Fulani invaders had been driven out".
So successful was Ibadan that the Ijebu Kingdom and the
Egba State constantly suspected, not without reason, that
Ibadan might want to take them over as well and become
"Master of the whole world". What an hyperbole!
How the Ibadan Empire, which for all practical purposes
succeeded the defunct Oyo Empire, has been scholarly
traced in three works: Samuel Johnson: History of the
Yorubas, J.F. Ade Ajayi and R. Smith: Yoruba Warfare and
Professor Bolanle Awe: Oxford PH.D. thesis (1964) - "The
Rise of the Ibadan Empire".
The leaders of Ibadan during these era, stemming the Fulani
calvary drive and their expansionist onslaught, were Oluyole
(Bashorun). Ibikunle, the (Balogun); Oderinlo, (the Balogun);
Ogunmola; (the Otun); and Oshundina, (the Osi).
www.segundawodu.com/akinjid1.htm

so for 38yrs after Ibadan defeated the Fulanis and sent them back to Ilorin where the people wanted them they couldn't defeat Ibadan. even during the 16yrs of Yoruba civil war Ibadan was fighting Ekiti parapo on one side, the egbas and ijebu on one side and still battling Fulanis from Ilorin in the north!!!
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2015
Jaideyone:
lmao ret@rd. don't you find it funny that it's mostly you IBO humanoids that have made it a life time goal to propagate this falsehood? even the Benin people never made such claims. You completely avoided what I asked for. Back ur claims with verifiable history write ups with references. failure to do that makes you the phool I've always suspected you were.

BTW do you know any oba of Benin has to visit ile Ife before his coronation? do you know the late oba of Benin's head has to be buried in ile Ife the final resting place? that's simply because they have their origin from oranmiyan the son of oduduwa.

Ile ife is a conquered place owned by Bini people. It's their home.

where is ur own write up n references
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Jaideyone(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2015
chuna1985:

Ile ife is a conquered place owned by Bini people. It's their home.

where is ur own write up n references
if this doesn't cure your ignorance then it's hate

Oduduwa had sons, daughters, and a grandson who went
on to found their own kingdoms and empires, namely Ila
Orangun , Owu , Ketu , Sabe , Popo and Oyo. Oranmiyan ,
Oduduwa's last born, was one of his father's principal
ministers and overseer of the nascent Edo empire after
Oduduwa granted the plea of the Edo people for his
governance. When Oranmiyan decided to go back to Ile
Ife after a period of service in Benin, he left behind a child
named Eweka that he had in the interim with an
indigenous princess. The young boy went on to become
the first legitimate ruler of the second Edo dynasty that
has ruled what is now Benin from that day to this.
Oranmiyan later went on to found the Oyo Empire that
stretched at its height from the western banks of the river
Niger to the Eastern banks of the river Volta. It would
serve as one of the most powerful of Africa's medieval
states prior to its collapse in the 19th century.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ife

still waiting for you to tell me how and when Benin conquered all the way to Lagos
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 09, 2015
Jaideyone:

still waiting for you to tell me how and when Benin conquered all the way to Lagos

Why is s waste used to giving links from Wikipedia which is a site anyone in d world can edit

Yoruba r slaves to Bini people, arguing it shows grows stupidity.

Finally, Oduduwa story is a Myth n Legends, just like every tribe have theirs.

I hope u don't believe that oduduwa came from heaven with 2 coconut grin
Jaideyone:

Why is s waste used to giving links from Wikipedia which is a site anyone in d world can edit

I hope u don't believe that oduduwa came from heaven with 2 coconut
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Jaideyone(m): 10:33am On Sep 09, 2015
chuna1985:

I hope u don't believe that oduduwa came from heaven with 2 coconut grin

I hope u don't believe that oduduwa came from heaven with 2 coconut
and what if I believe? I bet you believe Jesus rose up from the grave and ascended the heavens after 3days. at least oduduwas story didn't defy the law of gravity cheesy
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
Jaideyone:
and what if I believe? I bet you believe Jesus rose up from the grave and ascended the heavens after 3days. at least oduduwas story didn't defy the law of gravity cheesy

lmao, that story is just like Greek mythology. Zeus n Hercules. Adonbilivit.
Re: 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People by OduaVanguard: 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
chuna1985:

Lmfao, wen will s waste people filled with constant cowardice stop writing n editing articles on Wikipedia n showing dose shit to us.

Gosh, Only the Aba women riot sent all d proof the white men needed to feel the igbo bravery. s waste were docile slaves who remain cowards not only till d white men left, but up till September 2015.

cheesy Since you refuse to accept the white man's impression and assessment of your empty-barrel race, isn't it ironic that your poster-boy for courage and most revered hero of Ndigbo race, Ojukwu, is also the greatest coward in the history of warfare cheesy. He had to flee to the Ivory Coast cheesy, leaving his kinsmen to the mercy of the Nigerian army during the biafra war. cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished / Top Ten Poorest State In Nigeria (2015) / Adam Onum, Idoma Man Confirmed As Benue Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.