Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night (70873 Views)

Female Student Electrocuted At Rivers State University (Photo) / Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel / ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by cristweeezy(m): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
Davied2:
Just yesterday evening at 6pm, a Unilag student came out of the new hall hostel to see her boyfriend. an heavy breeze made the high tension pole fall, and it fell on this lady named OLUCHI ANEKWE. she was electrocuted to death while her boyfriend watched speechlessly.Her parents have not been informed yet, the school authority have not been able to reach her parents since yesterday night! may her gentle soul rest in peace.

AN EYE WITHNESS SAID:
She was Just Walking with Her friend...There was a Spark(High Tension Wire) from one of the Poles infront of the Entrance of where she was Headed ..... It Fell on Her.....She got Electrocuted ..... We Rushed her to the Medical Centre.... Minutes Later she was Pronounced Dead....

A Lot of things have been going thru my Mind....
1.U don't know ur Dying Day
2.Live Every Moment Like its ur Last...Buh don't Live Fast.....Live Right
I've never been dis Touched in my whole Life....It could have been anybody....Even my Sister or Something......
I got into d Emergency Room..... Lo n Behold She was Lying Cold n Dead..... I almost Fell down .....What a Life.....Just Like Dat....The Agony n Pain emanating from her Younger Sister Killed me Slowly
My Brothers and Sisters abeg Death is REAL..... if i neva believed .....Today is a Wake up Call for ME/YOU....
My Name is ..... abeg if i have Wronged u in anyway Please n Please Forgive Me...... LIFE is TOO SHORT.....
Rip Oluchi Acct 300l....Heaven Couldn't wait for U...#BrokenInside#WhataLife#Numb..

GREATEST AKOKITES!!!

The University of Lagos Students' Union regrets to announce the passing away of one of us, our very own OLUCHI ANEKWE, a 300 level student of the department of Accounting.

Oluchi, till her death, was a first class student, and a very active student in class.

Our condolence goes to her families, relatives and friends. We pray that God will grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.

The event that led to her death is in its entirety avoidable. We hereby call on all concerned authorities to swing into action so as to prevent future occurrence.

In this regard, we hereby declare that all academic and social activities of the school and of the students' are hereby suspended for today and no unnecessary sound around the campus in honour of the lost soul.

The entire University of Lagos Students loved her, but God in His wisdom saw fit to embrace her.

We shall surely miss her. Oluchi, GOODNIGHT.
Signed;
Comrade Abiodun Martins
ULSU President (2014/2015)
Rt. Jawosimi Olusegun
Speaker ULSU Parliament

dis girl reminds me of those pretty hostesses wey die for sosoliso...
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Plus234(m): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
useless country called ZOO, why not coat this high tension naked wires with transparent plastic or rubber, that way even if it fell on someone the person will not be shocked.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
I just heard this this morning and i am devastated to say the least. I just suddenly realised how short & meaningless life actually is. I'm so scared right now. I can't even go out again. I really wish she didn't die.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by cristweeezy(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
midasbliss:
ITK
lol. tongue
midasbliss:
ITK
lol.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by eedristo: 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
hmm may God guide and protect us all.nobody knows when the time will come.may God forgive our sins.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by cristweeezy(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
midasbliss:
ITK
mumsy, wasup?
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Kingphaz: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
Rest In Peace Oluchi.
so SAD.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by holysaint1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
Joe1516:
wey tin pain me na that thing wey she carry gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

like seriously undecided undecided
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by khalebzy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
Joe1516:

yeah sorry
Rest in Perfect Peace to the death..........Amen
warriz this one saying sef undecided
biko fukoff!
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by kamx5(f): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
Oluchi Anekwe, a student of the University of Lagos, was on Tuesday night electrocuted to death in her hostel when a high tension wire fell, according to eyewitness reports.

The 300-level student of Accounting, who hails from Aku in Enugu State, was on her way to her room in Sodeinde Residence, New Hall, when she was electrocuted.

She was immediately rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

According to eyewitnesses, the pole had been given off sparks recently around the school, while the school failed to make any tangible efforts to fix the anomaly.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by midasbliss(f): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
cristweeezy:
mumsy, wasup?
Lol cheesy
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
Speechless. cry cry cry
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by otusnorahs(f): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
What a way to die..ist class material, what a loss! RIP to d dead. May God order our steps IJN amen
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
kamx5:

Oluchi Anekwe, a student of the University of Lagos, was on Tuesday night electrocuted to death in her hostel when a high tension wire fell, according to eyewitness reports.

The 300-level student of Accounting, who hails from Aku in Enugu State, was on her way to her room in Sodeinde Residence, New Hall, when she was electrocuted.

She was immediately rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

According to eyewitnesses, the pole had been given off sparks recently around the school, while the school failed to make any tangible efforts to fix the anomaly.

God help Nigeria, so many people that have no business dying just die in this country unnecessarily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by jedkaz(m): 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
The family had not been informed and it gone viral, dats not too good
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by blaqqyboi: 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by cristweeezy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
midasbliss:
Lol cheesy
u too fine, aswear
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Cameleon72(f): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
God please do not let me die without seeing my great grand children - Amen.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by adedayourt(m): 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
BY THIS TYME YESTERDAY IF SOM1 HADTOLD HER SHE WAS GONNA DIE DAT SAME DAY SHE WUD AV FOUGHT/ARGUED IT TO D LAST BUT ALAS.

AV U CONSIDERED IF TODAY MIGHT BE UR LAST??

IT PAYS TO LIVE RIGHT
RIP SIS.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
so sad...
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by shizzy7(f): 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
whirlwind7:
Such a horrid death.

That boyfriend of hers is bound to have nightmares for a long time.
She was not walking with any boyfriend But her sister... people already carrying rumor everywhere from their imaginations..
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by shizzy7(f): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
whirlwind7:
Such a horrid death.

That boyfriend of hers is bound to have nightmares for a long time.
She was not walking with any boyfriend But her sister... people already carrying rumor everywhere
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by shizzy7(f): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
kamx5:

Her room can't be sodeiende hostel 'cos its a Male hostel its either Fagunwa or MTH hall - Female hostels

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by stonecoldcafe: 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
Karmatyra:
Kia....this is so saddening, Three things I fear.....water, height, & electricity. A girl with such a bright future.... May God give her family the ability to bear the lose. may her soul R.I.P
Don't fear anything. Remember Job... that which I fear has come...
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by hollowpot15684(m): 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
God.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by teekay213(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
sexaddict08:

are u just defending for respect for the dead or u have a contrary proof?
hbd!
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Klassik02(f): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
RIP Oluchi...So sad
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by chikids(m): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
What a waste of talent !!!. A first class student; LORD have mercy.
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
Too terrible. R.I.P
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
RIP
LORD SAVE US FROM SUDDEN DEATH
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by pweetybhy(f): 1:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Vanity upon vanity... may her soul rest in peace $ comfort her family $ we are friends cry cry cry
Re: Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night by SSpeter(m): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
Well death comes to us all...is just a matter of time. Today the earth is below us tomorrow the earth maybe above us...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Female Corper's Post About A Crime Scene That Got People Talking / University of Calabar(UNICAL) students' chat room. / Black Student Was Asked To Give Up His Seat In Class (See His Epic Response)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.