Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP (25799 Views)

ASUU: ASUP Warns FG Of Impending Strike / Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt / UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by frank043(m): 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
jackpot:
FG should do the needful

Lolz... And what's the needful?
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by joeweeda: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
In the interim, we should look at enforcing the rightful powers of a PGD. Which is to bridge that so called Bsc/HND gap.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by frank043(m): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
histemple:

Please can you read this to yourself? Please try to correct yourself so that you won't be helping FGN to justify the discrimination.

Lolz...Why sound so harsh? Be nice, cmon. I tried reading it, but wasn't able to make any head or tail out of it. Unlike you, i just chose to keep mum, but I guess you couldn't take it based on the topic in question.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Champella(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mznaett:

God bless you sis..

I went through the note of a friend who's in the same field of study with me since he's a Uni student.. I thought they might have gone far with that particular course..believe me I was disappointed cuz I had to question him based on the course but he could'nt proved himself.

Too bad for a Uni student

Engineer Mznaett, afo asi ika mmo ufok nwed?
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by teawhy2788(m): 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
HND level 7,B.Sc level 8,pls,pgd na level what?
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by anigbajumo(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
delectablegyal:
Nd lasan gan is equivalent to bsc, nt to talk of hnd.
In fact, HND is higher dan b.sc in terms of quality education. The p is just dat we have s.tupid govt.
Who prioritize b.sc over hnd.

If truly buhari belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody, polytechnics should start awarding degrees.

Where ar u frm?

Yer 2yrs ND =200l in uni

Yer ND+HND=300l in uni

D diff is clear,una jst cum here to spew trash..
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Mznaett: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Champella:

Engineer Mznaett, afo asi ika mmo ufok nwed?
Anam dea adiongho ke ami nde Engineer?grin Nka ufok ngwed ke idung owink
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by dancoolD(m): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yes i support Asup we need change
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Mznaett: 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
pet4ril:
don't mind them jare, n some are quoting me yearning poo, when I vividly said especially in practical fields. Some people sha angry

Lol

I guess they can't decipher btw facts and claimsgrin
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by fineyemi(m): 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
Its because of this dichotomy i had to leave my precious yabatech for uniosun.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Engrsamuel: 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
AM A PROUD HND HOLDER DOING WELL IN MY FIELD: (ELECT/ELECT). The truth is what can u offer.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Vicel: 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Adeparo004:
His your type they sponsored to schll...

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
This is why the zoo republic will continue to remain backward... Nigeria is doomed.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by OlujobaSamuel: 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
shaokhan01:
are you saying that university graduates are of noble born while polytechnic graduates are slaves? Or do you mean they should award jobs to all university graduates before polytechnic.. You are very greedy and you will become a bad leader if you are allowed to lead
are u from a polytechnic, sorry if I hurt your feelings. I don't mean they should scrap polytechnics I mean Nigeria is in a bad shape and need to be fixed then the issue of poly and uni will be a thing of the past. No 1 university in the world is a institute of technology so pls don't get me wrong.

1 Like

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by oracle009(m): 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hahahah... See ppl asking for award of Bachelor o. Bachelorhood dey pain sum ppl... Well, awarding bachelor degree isn't d solution. It's all about a mindset. Okay, how many ppl here can bodly say dey prefer going to Poly dan uni in dis Nigeria? Many poly grads were victims of circumstances nd inability to 'smuggle' demselves into uni. Well, d truth is, if poly (those poorly staffed 'polys' o) start awarding degree, d next advert frm coys will be 'REQUIREMENTS: Bsc, B. Tech, B. A from a university. B. tech frm poly shldnt bother applying'... Den, anoda outcry wil begin.... Aoeva i tink d govt nid a diversified economy... A poly graduate is a TECHNICIAN nd TECHNOLOGIST, a uni graduate is ADMINISTRATOR... no matter d field u are... Datz a norm

1 Like

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Babysho(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
anigbajumo:
Thunder wey go fire dem dey find water to drink in Otuoke...

I wil hold da same cert (5yrs in univ of technology) wif dat nigga from Ire poly,dat is totally injustice nd even out of common sense.

Are you sure 'injustice' is the right word?,ehn,"Mr Univ Of Technology"

#olodo-ni-e
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Champella(m): 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mznaett:

Anam dea adiongho ke ami nde Engineer?grin Nka ufok ngwed ke idung owink

Instincts mmi isi fail ke mien cool. Afo aba ke anwa Ikpa Road ake Prof. Comfort Ekpo?
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by nkemjacob2(m): 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
una too dey kill una self for paper. today's labour market as change hand. employers are after productivity. not paper work. and that what I expect government should do
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Asiri1991: 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
God forbid. That will amount to a rediculous bachelors certificate. I'm sure the Poly need do more than just awarding degrees. Before you cruxify me, use Kogi state poly and Otuoke corps members (the HND holders performance before students of secondary schools) as case studies.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Jobos(m): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
pet4ril:
I tire when some BSC's can't stand some of the ND holders not to talk of HND in some institutions. ..especially in terms of practical fields
Yes it can happen likewise some HND can not construct good sentence.

It cant happen in this country , the white paper for establishing polytechnic was for middle mgt.
But you may advice your sibling to go to university.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Jobos(m): 12:04am On Sep 10, 2015
delectablegyal:
Nd lasan gan is equivalent to bsc, nt to talk of hnd.
In fact, HND is higher dan b.sc in terms of quality education. The p is just dat we have s.tupid govt.
Who prioritize b.sc over hnd.

If truly buhari belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody, polytechnics should start awarding degrees.

Why didnt you go to technical college instead of polytechnic ? This agitation will be fruitless because.
They were set up for different purposes. You made your choice but you what to eat your cake and have it. NO no
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Jobos(m): 12:09am On Sep 10, 2015
fineyemi:
Its because of this dichotomy i had to leave my precious yabatech for uniosun.
Wise decision my guy
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 10, 2015
marked10:
The Federal Government has been urged to grant polytechnics in the country the right to award degrees to their students, independent of universities so as to stop the discrimination between polytechnic and university graduates. This has been a subject the FG try as much as possible to give a deaf ear to but yet the matter will always be presented.

The Federal Government has been urged to grant polytechnics in the country the right to award degrees to their students, independent of universities. The National President, Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), Comrade Chibuzor Asomugha, made the call in Kano when the union conferred an award of excellence on the immediate-past Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.

Asomugha said the discrimination between polytechnic and university graduates calls for urgent action, including granting the right to award degrees to the former.

“We have pleaded with government to actually grant the polytechnics the right to award degrees – we are saying this because we know that government is a continuum and that there are people in this hall, whom we know will, again, control the reins of government in this country and we are praying that when the time comes, they would remember our plea,” he said.

The union boss said it is unfair that polytechnic graduates have to suffer discrimination even though the same lecturers that teach them teach their university counterparts. "You train a graduate, give him a Bachelor’s degree in Kaduna Polytechnic or Yabatech or Oko, and the certificate would bear ABU or BUK.

“But this same person has been taught by the same lecturers and the same facilities as the HND holders and these HND holders move into the market with the same people who have passed through the same class and they are discriminated against.

“They are said to be lower in intellect and acumen and they had been in the same class with these people taught by the same lecturers and at a point in their career, they are stopped at Grade level 14 while their colleagues would go ahead of them, manning them."

Asomugha indicted the government for not paying "proper attention" to the problem over the years, adding that industries suffering as students abandon polytechnics for degrees.

“The manpower to man these industries, the core technical experts to man industries is not there anymore. People would prefer to go and read Philosophy or Public Administration, instead of studying engineering in the polytechnics just because they would not like to have HND.

"I think that government would have to do a rethink.” The B.Sc/HND dichotomy has been a major issue in the education sector for a long while.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/09/hnd-bsc-saga-grant-polytechnics-right.html#sthash.KzgaYAxS.dpuf

Wait Ooo, Are these people asking d government to close all polytechnics so that nigeria will have only universities,
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by donefezy: 12:21am On Sep 10, 2015
pet4ril:
and dats where you are faster dan ur shadow, u type Bfor u think. .I think I said especially in practical fields as example
hehehe ...sush miss. What about technology universities e.g futo, Lautech they base on practicals too my dear
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by jaylister(m): 12:27am On Sep 10, 2015
U spend 5 yrs in poly bro were are 4rm
anigbajumo:

Where ar u frm?
Yer 2yrs ND =200l in uni
Yer ND+HND=300l in uni

D diff is clear,una jst cum here to spew trash..
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by ammamat(f): 4:37am On Sep 10, 2015
who said 2.1 is upper in poly......where my cousin 2.99 is lower from 3.1 is upper....and d poly make sense.....just say some poly not all likewise some uni.....but som private poly ar dam more expensiv than uni
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by ammamat(f): 4:49am On Sep 10, 2015
have seen many HND holders doing very well n some Bsc just being there....the truth is dt if u allow sch to pass thru u be it poly or uni hummmm but if u realy no wat u want while being in sch my dear......whether uni or poly u can still make it.....if a Bsc holder drives d hottest jeep n an HND holder also do same plz tell me who will want to know who among them is a Bsc or HND

1 Like

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by hibroDon1(m): 6:33am On Sep 10, 2015
NinaArsenal:
I support ASUP.
do u sch in poly or abt too?
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by josgolf(m): 6:38am On Sep 10, 2015
On what basis should they be equal?
1.The entry requirements are not the same. Jamb cuts 200 for UNI n 150 for POLY.
2.The POLY graduate is supposed to be more practical inclined less theory. The UNI graduate is supposed to be more theoretically inclined less practical.
3.In the ENGINEERING field,the POLY graduate is an ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST.The UNI graduate is an ENGINEER.
4.POLY is meant to award DIPLOMA to Technocrats but obtaining a Diploma in Bus.Ad from Poly?
5. Their curricula differs.
Summarily,UNI is unique in its own,POLY is unique in its own. No one is forced to attend a polytechnic. If you feel intimidated,why not go all out and get a Bachelors.If a system refuses to change,change with the system.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Mznaett: 6:42am On Sep 10, 2015
Champella:

Instincts mmi isi fail ke mien cool. Afo aba ke anwa Ikpa Road ake Prof. Comfort Ekpo?

Lol
No be small kind instinct

Iyo o

Mba ke Akpoly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna Adopts Finland Education System; To Pay Teachers More – El-Rufai / TETFUND Projects In Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma - Thompson Jotham / N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.