Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP (25801 Views)

ASUU: ASUP Warns FG Of Impending Strike / Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt / UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by anigbajumo(m): 7:43am On Sep 10, 2015
jaylister:
U spend 5 yrs in poly bro were are 4rm

U dnt understand my point,checkout da person I quoted nd comprehend the point...

M'nt a poly student nah
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by anigbajumo(m): 7:48am On Sep 10, 2015
Babysho:

Are you sure 'injustice' is the right word?,ehn,"Mr Univ Of Technology"

#olodo-ni-e

Is what mumu?

#olodo oshi

So is "equity or fairness" abi, #Eranko
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 10, 2015
OVI75:
DESPITE HAVING AN OND,MOST POLYTECHNICS ARE NOT FIT TO RUN SOME OF THE PROGRAMMES TALK MORE OF AWARDING DEGREES PERIOD.

IS THE PROBLEM REALLY ABOUT DEGREES OR CREATING VALUE FOR SOCIETY,WE WILL ALWAYS NEED TECHNICIANS AND ARTISANS, THATS WHERE THE POLYTECHNICS COME IN, IF ALL THE CAN THINK ABOUT IS TO AWARD DEGREES THEN THEY HAVE LOST FOCUS.
NIGERIAN WILL CONTINUE TO IMPORT ARTISANS, WELDERS AND MECHANICS COS POLYTECHNICS AND MONO TECHNICS CAN NO LONGER PRODUCE DEM.

WE SHOULD STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES BEER IS BEER IF YOU LIKE PUT IT INA CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE IT WILL STILL TASTE LIKE BEER.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by bolinxman: 8:44am On Sep 10, 2015
NinaArsenal:
I support ASUP.
HND and Degree are not d same,I went to both institutions.it's like comparing father and son.University system gives room for academic research than polytechnic,let talk about manpower,go to polytechnic you will see HND holders teaching students and people without passion for academic excellence that calls themselves lecturer are many in polytechnic.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by OlaSpeaker(m): 8:55am On Sep 10, 2015
It laughable hearing people saying or even thinks university is better than polytechnic what we fail to understand is that education is education whether poly or uni apart from the courses polytechnic don't offer such as medicine, philosophy, sociology, humanity and co there is no difference between the two, if you study engineering, architecture, quantity survey, Building tech and other technological related courses in the university you are only deceiving yourself to think you are better than your polytechnic counterpart because you but use the same books, tools, machines, and even the same procedure to study an architect in the polytechnic is an architect in the university we both use the same architec bibble (archi data), time saver standard, Barry construction e.t.c we are both taught how to arrange few lines together to create functional spaces so to think you are better than me because i am in the polytechnic is nothing but a deceit. The only way all this dichotomy can stop is when we ourselves respect each other imagine in a family if the older brother attain his education in the university he sees is younger brother as inferior simply because he is in the polytechnic forgetting that knowledge is knowledge and what makes the difference is the individual brilliancies and not the name uni or poly. If not madness you study in the polytechnic and your certificate reads Bsc ABU zaria and you think you are superior to your classmates who holds HND after being taught by the same lecturer under the same facilities in the same environment? my friend you are a dreamer! As long as we keep disrespecting ourselves the government will continue to pay a deaf hear to say the least

2 Likes

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by stan4guy6(m): 9:00am On Sep 10, 2015
as an engineering student in polytechnic my technical ability speaks for me not degree .I will invent the best .

1 Like

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by michaeltotti(m): 9:03am On Sep 10, 2015
who will not support himself.all those shouting should upgrade are so called poly student.the training differs.if they award bsc.that means there will be more bsc graduate and no employment.let us no our stand.whAt we need is employment.not equivalent

1 Like

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by michaeltotti(m): 9:08am On Sep 10, 2015
OlaSpeaker:
It laughable hearing people saying or even thinks university is better than polytechnic what we fail to understand is that education is education whether poly or uni apart from the courses polytechnic don't offer such as medicine, philosophy, sociology, humanity and co there is no difference between the two, if you study engineering, architecture, quantity survey, Building tech and other technological related courses in the university you are only deceiving yourself to think you are better than your polytechnic counterpart because you but use the same books, tools, machines, and even the same procedure to study an architect in the polytechnic is an architect in the university we both use the same architec bibble (archi data), time saver standard, Barry construction e.t.c we are both taught how to arrange few lines together to create functional spaces so to think you are better than me because i am in the polytechnic is nothing but a deceit. The only way all this dichotomy can stop is when we ourselves respect each other imagine in a family if the older brother attain his education in the university he sees is younger brother as inferior simply because he is in the polytechnic forgetting that knowledge is knowledge and what makes the difference is the individual brilliancies and not the name uni or poly. If not madness you study in the polytechnic and your certificate reads Bsc ABU zaria and you think you are superior to your classmates who holds HND after being taught by the same lecturer under the same facilities in the same environment? my friend you are a dreamer! As long as we keep disrespecting ourselves the government will continue to pay a deaf hear to say the least
lolz.same lecturer!!!permit my ignorant oo.do we have proffesors in polytechnic.

not equivalent.let indivudual brain talk

1 Like

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by OlaSpeaker(m): 9:48am On Sep 10, 2015
michaeltotti:
lolz.same lecturer!!!permit my ignorant oo.do we have proffesors in polytechnic.

Funny..........is professor an academic qualification
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by guiddoti: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2015
HNC n BSC are two parallel honours. I wonder what we are deriving at from these chaos.

1 Like

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Elevation(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2015
If they want Bsc. they should adopt the cgpa method, not that some people would just add two results and take the average then the next thing is that they want Bsc.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by 2kris(m): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
It can never hapen,hnd dat u can run without complete o level
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by fflamingo(m): 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2015
2kris:
It can never hapen,hnd dat u can run without complete o level
silly statement son.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by godwinkessi: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
delectablegyal:
Nd lasan gan is equivalent to bsc, nt to talk of hnd.
In fact, HND is higher dan b.sc in terms of quality education. The p is just dat we have s.tupid govt.
Who prioritize b.sc over hnd.

If truly buhari belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody, polytechnics should start awarding degrees.

With 150 as cut off in polytechnic?

Well if u need degree, buy direct entry or better rewrite jamb
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by godwinkessi: 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
MrMcJay:
Let the Polytechnics also make their cut off marks equal wit that of universities. Also, let the Polytechnic lecturers become Professors and earn their Doctorate Degrees.

Not that one Mr Asomugba who doesn't have a Doctorate Degree would start awarding Degrees.

Hahahahahahahahaha what do they know about degree? They gain admission with 150 cut off and university gain with 200, they still expect the same degree! Lolzzzzz
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by 2kris(m): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
fflamingo:
silly statement son.
ok mr jaguda.whats is nt silly.after all hnd claim the are more of practical than degree holders
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Champella(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
Mznaett:

Lol
No be small kind instinct

Iyo o

Mba ke Akpoly

Wow! Ado ok

Anyway, ami nyeme yak nyin derail uto inem inem thread ami

Nam yak ami ye afo itang iko ke platform mfen mokop
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Mznaett: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
Champella:

Wow! Ado ok
Anyway, ami nyeme yak nyin derail uto inem inem thread ami
Nam yak ami ye afo itang iko ke platform mfen mokop
Mfana ibagha
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by fflamingo(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
2kris:
ok mr jaguda.whats is nt silly.after all hnd claim the are more of practical than degree holders
it is a practical waste of time to argue dear.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Champella(m): 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
Mznaett:

Mfana ibagha

Ok nno mien number mfo yak ineme nneme. Number mmi mmo do asine ke signature mmi
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by melomelo: 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nice talk
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by henrynwosu355(m): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
not like that oo am just saying its either they close polytechnics or they grant them their request
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by henrynwosu355(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
godwinkessi:

see as you dey talk am as if its that easy
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by Babysho(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
anigbajumo:

I be mumu

#i be olodo oshi

So is "equity or fairness" abi, #Eranko ni Daddy mi,Ashewo ni Mommy mi

"Dude,check your dictionary,come and make sense".
Babysho.

Ah!,someone should have tattoed the above on your butt when you were coming out of your mother's kitten.

You cant use 'Injustice' in that sentence,its a misuse of English words.

You can use words like 'slander'...
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by 2kris(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
fflamingo:
it is a practical waste of time to argue dear.
u are already dis apointed with ur self
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by michaeltotti(m): 9:11pm On Sep 10, 2015
OlaSpeaker:

Funny..........is professor an academic qualification
lolz.what dr and prof impact is diff.as in d people lecturin d bsc differs from d hnd.so how on earth should they nw converge and b equal?
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by fflamingo(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
2kris:
u are already dis apointed with ur self
I decide that, Not you.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by OlaSpeaker(m): 11:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=michaeltotti post=37882891]lolz.what dr and prof impact is diff.as in d people lecturin d bsc differs from d hnd.so how on earth should they nw converge and b equal?[/quote
the title is the difference? oh! what an argument please pardon me i don't know you being taught by a professor automatically makes you a genius what a debate!!!
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by jaylister(m): 12:02am On Sep 11, 2015
they are called chief lecturers bro
michaeltotti:

Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by jaylister(m): 12:04am On Sep 11, 2015
and who said they are differ, lecturers who graduated from poly became a senior lecturer in a university. who are we deceiving?
michaeltotti:
lolz.what dr and prof impact is diff.as in d people lecturin d bsc differs from d hnd.so how on earth should they nw converge and b equal?
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by delectablegyal(f): 12:10am On Sep 11, 2015
godwinkessi:

U r an I.diot.

So everyone who gained admission into polytechnic had 150? U r moronic in nature.

When I tell u something, u should believe me.

I gave the fact, bt I.diots like u will not agree.
Re: HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP by NinaArsenal(f): 2:02am On Sep 11, 2015
hibroDon1:

do u sch in poly or abt too?
HND1 @ kad poly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? / Kaduna Adopts Finland Education System; To Pay Teachers More – El-Rufai / TETFUND Projects In Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma - Thompson Jotham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.