Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today (45167 Views)

How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lol, funny stories. If I must buy a phone personally, It has to be from Slot, Nokia Shop or Airtel Shop.

2 Likes

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by isan(m): 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
That is lagos for u Shine ur eyes every damn seconds

2 Likes

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by bighead1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
Heazy2015:
I had been usiing my Blackberry Bold 5. I think. One
of those camera phones and it was clear that The Lord
wanted me to upgrade. A new year beckoned and I wanted to
enter it with one of those phones that used stylus and were
y’know big. So, ladies and gentlemen, I proceeded to proceed to
Computer Village to make my dream a reality. I had with me
my old phone and about N10, 000. The plan of course was to
do a swap, add some cash and get the precious Q10. Gosh, I
was so excited.

That’s how I got there with my own two legs and saw those
guys that sell phones on the street. Asked one if he had the
phone o, he said yes. Can’t remember his name sha, but he sha
showed me the Q10. I played with it, even made a demo call
and all to be sure it worked. Baba took me off the street saying,
“We can’t do business here o, before these agberos will ask you
to settle them”. So, he took me to a shed. All this while, he
wrapped the Q10 in a white handkerchief saying he didn’t
want it to scratch and that’s how he keeps his phones. Me that I
wasn’t even paying attention. I was just excited ‘cos my level
was about to change. Nigga just give me phone, abeg.

So, we’re chilling in this shed, negotiating. He says I’m going
to have to give up my phone and cash. I’m like, “How much?”
He says like N15, 000. I’m like, “Just look at this scam. I’ll
give you N10, 000 last.” He mutters some shot and agrees. He
takes my phone to check it. He then tells me he’s going to stop
a bike for me so that no agberos will disturb me immediately
we’re done. I’m like Okak. He takes the N10, 000, counts it
and then gets a bike for me. He tells me not to stop o because
these agberos. So he hands me the handkerchief.

Men and brethren, I got on this bike so excited and told the
bike man, “Go go go, don’t stop!!!”

The bike man took me to Allen avenue before I came down. I
held on to this handkerchief like my life depended on it. Fam, I
was a big boy now. They were going to respect me now. I had
officially arrived. Do they know those of us that have Q10?
Shiiii.

So I said, let me check my phone jare. I unwrapped the hanky.
Children of God, I unwrapped the hanky – and looking at me
in all it’s glory was a bright white bar of B29 soap. I looked at
the soap, the soap looked at me…I looked at the soap. I poked
the soap. Maybe this was a case for the phone. I turned the
soap over. No buttons, No screen. I was weak, guys. I was
weak. I stood there for some minutes staring at this soap.
Look. I took the quickest bike back to Computer Village. Of
course, it was instinct. I didn’t see the seller. I still had the
bloody soap. One idiot there now asked me, “Broda, why you
dey para? Dem no give you the cream wey dey follow the
soap?”

Ladies and gentlemen, I had sold my phone and paid extra
N10, 000 for B29 soap (with no accompanying cream). That’s
most likely the most expensive B29 soap in the history of
Nigeria.

I Have to borrow my aunts phone for the main time

You can as well share Ur own experience too

OP is a mother fucka grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by dokunbam(m): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2015
delishpot:

grin grin grin chei LOL at the crying in silence part. Poor boy.

no be small mata, we still dey laugh on top the issue whenever its raised cheesy
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by abiambo(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
After this show of ignorance hw can I check ur signature out Hw can u even compare q10 and bold 5, not price, not functionality bb10 and blackberry 7
Na wa 4 u o, must you comment?
broxymall:
lol grin grin grin
dnt use the soap o if not you will be washing away your destiny. .

even a bold 5 is more better than the q10,drains ba3 alot
bold 5 was sold more than 80k before, but q10 is sold for 40k, in a year to come, you will come here and sell for 5k for a newer version

visit my signature
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Originalsly: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
Op...nice posting...but why post it as your own experience when it is not?
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by lilmizwierd(f): 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
]Meanwhile here in port harcourt garrison boys are wrecking havoc. haven't had a bad experience sha The day I went to buy I adorned my innocent Baby face and my iconic barbie school bag jejely went to one small store and told the boy I needed a phone and I had 7k. the guy told me to hold the money he went and came back with one Itel note and Techno L3 after proper investigation I was advised to carry the Techno and I have been using the phone happily ever after
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
grin grin.... Omo i don laff so tey my belle wan burst
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Activityj(m): 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
Chai, nna mehn the rate of scams these days is very much alarming&shocking! *shineyoureyesbeforeyouenteronechance*

1 Like

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by juliuscarter(m): 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
My experience was also at computer village. I went to buy a phone so I saw a guy holding a very clean q10,I approached him and negotiated with him. I agreed to pay just 20k for q10 as at then is suppose to be in the region of 40 to 50k. I was so happy to have gotten the phone very cheap and was ready to go home. before I knew it two boys just came from nowhere and started beating the seller asking him who he sold the phone he stole to. I just ignore them because I'm already with the phone and I'm not willing to give it to anyone. The seller was still holding the money I gave him. he now came to me and started begging me to give him back the phone before they will kill him. He gave me back my money and me out of pity I gave him back the phone. Then those boys now use trick to chase him away. I was sad but not too sad because I thought my money is still intact because he didn't even put the Money in his pocket neither did he even check or count it and I already saw dsame 1k I placed first in the 20k. I now decide to count my money then I realize that I was given a newspaper that have the same size with my money. I was given just 1k(d first note only)and 19 newspaper pieces..I almost fainted then cos I felt like a fool. I don't know how they did it even till date

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by 3kay945(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
3Dee:
The thunder wey go fire those computer village boys still dey inside oven. Mine was my laptop o. I went to computer village with the hope of repairing my laptop's charging point. I was trying to look for a repair shop when a guy accosted me and asked if I was looking for where to repair my laptop. I shunned him at first, but after walking round for 20 mins I went back to locate the guy.
Fast forward to his burrowed shop, he tried my laptop with my charger and told me he wanted to test it the laptop with his oga's charger next shop. I kept my eyes on him of course but what surprised me was how he was able to remove my screen without me seeing him remove it. I later got to know after 2weeks. Chai, I no fit cry.

Thanks for sharing this.
You won't believe how wise up I am with this info.
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Plus234(m): 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
juliuscarter:
My experience was also at computer village. I went to buy a phone so I saw a guy holding a very clean q10,I approached him and negotiated with him. I agreed to pay just 20k for q10 as at then is suppose to be in the region of 40 to 50k. I was so happy to have gotten the phone very cheap and was ready to go home. before I knew it two boys just came from nowhere and started beating the seller asking him who he sold the phone he stole to. I just ignore them because I'm already with the phone and I'm not willing to give it to anyone. The seller was still holding the money I gave him. he now came to me and started begging me to give him back the phone before they will kill him. He gave me back my money and me out of pity I gave him back the phone. Then those boys now use trick to chase him away. I was sad but not too sad because I thought my money is still intact because he didn't even put the Money in his pocket neither did he even check or count it and I already saw dsame 1k I placed first in the 20k. I now decide to count my money then I realize that I was given a newspaper that have the same size with my money. I was given just 1k(d first note only)and 19 newspaper pieces..I almost fainted then cos I felt like a fool. I don't know how they did it even till date

u mean u did not count the money in there presence before those guys left ?
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Dolcilicious(f): 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
DICKtator:

Yeah sweerypie

Mummy and your boyfriend usually take care of that!!!!

Now go to bed, the Butler would serve you dinner in bed!!!

grin grin grin grin

It isnt like that jor,uve got imagination I can see that.It's just that that aspect is usually taken care of by my parent.I aint ajebo.
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by 3kay945(m): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
jayriginal:

I know stories like these happen, but this particular one is questionable. The apparent embellishments in the story make it impossible to believe.

What area is questionable? Shit like this happen everyday at computer village. A friend had same experience. I know those touts tricks and I can beat them to it.
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by aspirebig: 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
Very real sad experience.

But guy, you funny, no be small. I like this part "I looked at the soap, the soap looked at me"

I never knew soap has eyes.

Next time, pls buy phones only from shops.
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Fredzy7(m): 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
sorextee:
They dare not try this in the north.. a hausa man no fit swear with Allah, and still dupe you... but some set of pple will call Jesus, their father's grave, nd still job you.. even as a xtian, I like doing business more, with muslims... undecided
That is true they are hardly dishonest, the only problem they have is sometimes they can be unnecessarily violent.
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by armadeo(m): 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
holamiday:
I really don't know. Maybe this may sound irritatingly confident, but i know this kind of thing can never happen to me. I have a very strong hunch indicator for scam.

In this case, if i were you, i'd have still checked at the very last minute, irrespectively of the agbero threats. Cheers!

Me too. It can't happen.

I work around Ikeja and have been hearing this scams for years. I buy my stuff strictly from slots by myself and I have a repair guy who comes to my office and takes my things for repair he's costly but gets the job done.

Rules no 1 of con artists is that you can't con a honest man. If the deal is too good to be true it isn't true.

1 Like

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by juliuscarter(m): 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
That's my greatest mistake...I didn't count it because the guy didn't even leave the spot and the money was stil in his hand exact way I gave it to him
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by victor19ja(m): 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lol... Ona never chin chon chin.. grin tongue tongue
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by armadeo(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
juliuscarter:

This same stuff happened to a friend of mine who went to change dollars at Alana market. She counted the cash and for some bleeped up reason gave it back and handed over the dollars and took the cash. She was short over 34g by the I me she got home.

I laughed at her well well. I know all these scams and I rather pay well or buy expensive from someone you can hold later.
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lmao I to have fallen for such but mine was I wanted to buy a curve 4 that time it was still like 39k I now went online and saw cheap blackberries men I tell you I saw curve 4 for 13k my mind was blown and I had about 15k that time na so I call the guy the guy kan tell me say the phone cheap because na custom goods and his location was seme boarder that they do delivery or I could come and pick it up but me as I no fit go seme border I choose delivery the guy tell me say I gats pay half 1st so he would give me my batch number so when the driver brings my phone I go balance the rest...I told one of my guy about it he warned me that it was a scam but that time na curve 4 was in my head to use bb cause I be small boy (Proud iPhone 6 user now ) na so I no listen and it was on a Friday and the bank he requested for wasn't around my side I done forget na so I call the guy tell am he now said I should send it through mtn recharge card which I did then stupid me sent him 6k at first of mtn card then he said my password is 2233 when the driver comes o should give him That number then also gave me the drivers number which I called I guess the guy went to stand on the road and was like he was on way I should call him back in about an hour time. I wasted oooo I called this guy he was like the driver is on his way that time was going I should just send the remaining before bank close I was reluctant but later did I sent another 7k to him of mtn credit I wasn't thinking at all my mind was just on the curve 4 my guy was still telling me that I be fool it was a scam but I didn't listen to him na so the driver call me tell me say he came but didn't see anyone in the address I gave him then the order of his partner called me and was like we're did I go to I was like me that have been home since then started saying rubbish that is how I knew I have been scammed #sobs
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by chiefoboh1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
gbrown:

mine happened at oshodi oke, bros i don go hustle hard all day, i made about #3500, on my return journey i met this dude with all sort of phones displayed on his table, i picked one red phone, the price was too good to be true, ah #1200 for a working phone? What really convinced me was that i made and received calls before payment, bro it was when i got home that things began to fall apart, suddenly my cheap phone began to open from different corners as if the glue that held it had expired, i saw all sort of junk inside my phone that got me wondering how i was ever able to make calls with the junk, i tried selling it but none would buy, eventually i threw it away.
guy na ur own make me laugh pass

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by jayriginal: 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2015
3kay945:

What area is questionable? Shit like this happen everyday at computer village. A friend had same experience. I know those touts tricks and I can beat them to it.

Bro I'll repeat.

I know things like these happen, but this particular story is just too wonderful to believe.

Perhaps I'm obstinate in my belief that no human being can be as daft as the persona depicted in the OP.

1 Like

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by dokunbam(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
juliuscarter:

grin grin grin

The guys go dey sing for you later\

Bobo ode, bobo de X3

dont mind me am just joking wink
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by 3Dee(m): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
3kay945:

Thanks for sharing this.
You won't believe how wise up I am with this info.

You're welcome bro. I've always thought I could never fall for their tricks but they got me mehn! Anytime I see people rant about them on social forum like nairaland, I call those people names like dull guy, mumu etc. I never knew my day of reckoning was around the corner. Wetin pain me pass be say I even paid 2500 for servicing and service charge for a laptop he couldn't repair. It was after 2 weeks I got to know he had changed my screen when I took it to another repairer. It was the 2nd repairer that showed me how to remove a laptop's screen within 30 seconds and fix in another at the same rate.
I have learnt a lot of lessons though
1) Whenever you want to buy or repair any gadget, always look for a standard shop and don't mind the price.
2) Anybody can be a victim no matter how sharp you are, because they keep devicing means of cheating unsuspecting customers daily.
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by esshman(m): 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
“Broda, why you dey para? Dem no give you the cream wey dey follow the soap?”

Knockout line. That guy deserves a punch below the belt
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Damsman10(m): 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
Heazy2015:
I had been usiing my Blackberry Bold 5. I think. One
of those camera phones and it was clear that The Lord
wanted me to upgrade. A new year beckoned and I wanted to
enter it with one of those phones that used stylus and were
y’know big. So, ladies and gentlemen, I proceeded to proceed to
Computer Village to make my dream a reality. I had with me
my old phone and about N10, 000. The plan of course was to
do a swap, add some cash and get the precious Q10. Gosh, I
was so excited.

That’s how I got there with my own two legs and saw those
guys that sell phones on the street. Asked one if he had the
phone o, he said yes. Can’t remember his name sha, but he sha
showed me the Q10. I played with it, even made a demo call
and all to be sure it worked. Baba took me off the street saying,
“We can’t do business here o, before these agberos will ask you
to settle them”. So, he took me to a shed. All this while, he
wrapped the Q10 in a white handkerchief saying he didn’t
want it to scratch and that’s how he keeps his phones. Me that I
wasn’t even paying attention. I was just excited ‘cos my level
was about to change. Nigga just give me phone, abeg.

So, we’re chilling in this shed, negotiating. He says I’m going
to have to give up my phone and cash. I’m like, “How much?”
He says like N15, 000. I’m like, “Just look at this scam. I’ll
give you N10, 000 last.” He mutters some shot and agrees. He
takes my phone to check it. He then tells me he’s going to stop
a bike for me so that no agberos will disturb me immediately
we’re done. I’m like Okak. He takes the N10, 000, counts it
and then gets a bike for me. He tells me not to stop o because
these agberos. So he hands me the handkerchief.

Men and brethren, I got on this bike so excited and told the
bike man, “Go go go, don’t stop!!!”

The bike man took me to Allen avenue before I came down. I
held on to this handkerchief like my life depended on it. Fam, I
was a big boy now. They were going to respect me now. I had
officially arrived. Do they know those of us that have Q10?
Shiiii.

So I said, let me check my phone jare. I unwrapped the hanky.
Children of God, I unwrapped the hanky – and looking at me
in all it’s glory was a bright white bar of B29 soap. I looked at
the soap, the soap looked at me…I looked at the soap. I poked
the soap. Maybe this was a case for the phone. I turned the
soap over. No buttons, No screen. I was weak, guys. I was
weak. I stood there for some minutes staring at this soap.
Look. I took the quickest bike back to Computer Village. Of
course, it was instinct. I didn’t see the seller. I still had the
bloody soap. One idiot there now asked me, “Broda, why you
dey para? Dem no give you the cream wey dey follow the
soap?”

Ladies and gentlemen, I had sold my phone and paid extra
N10, 000 for B29 soap (with no accompanying cream). That’s
most likely the most expensive B29 soap in the history of
Nigeria.

I Have to borrow my aunts phone for the main time

You can as well share Ur own experience too
JJC, it wont happen again m sure
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Dubemkelly(m): 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
Oh lord, its really crazy in Lagos, everything happens, Computer villa na scam centre... No try those guys who do raffle on the. island, they come with hiace buses, stocked with appliance, they go tell u to bring #500 huns and choose a number, whatever number u pick, u gonna win at first, e go try the 2nd again, u go win, then at the third u dropping #1500 to either collect an item worth 6k or 10k as u've won, words like "omo ur luck na dope shii ni o" by the time u give them the #1500 or more as u've played, ur dough don go be that mehn. I guess they use some jazz to fasttrack interest
Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by Adortem: 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
armadeo:

Me too. It can't happen.

I work around Ikeja and have been hearing this scams for years. I buy my stuff strictly from slots by myself and I have a repair guy who comes to my office and takes my things for repair he's costly but gets the job done.

Rules no 1 of con artists is that you can't con a honest man. If the deal is too good to be true it isn't true.
I beg to disagree with you that an honest man can't be scammed,just pray you never fall victim. Let me share my sister's experience with you,someone called her and said that he is a road safety official,they just rushed someone to a close clinic,an accident victim along Lagos-Ibadan express road,the victim is in shock,that they found my sister's number in the recently dialled numbers. My sister asked the name of the victim,they said that they don't know,that he is in shock can't talk yet,the "road safety official" described the victim in his early thirties,abit chubby,dark. The description fitted the description of our brother and my sister's husband but her husband isn't in Nigeria at the moment,the other option my brother who works in Lagos, we had to call his number to confirm if he is ok,he is. Then the official said that the victim's phone has no credit,she should send some credit to the phone ,then as a sharp babe my sister is she sent #100 credit,after sending then she asked an important question,that what did the victim used to store her number,the response she got,got her laughing out loud"Mummy" was what the man said her name was stored with(my sister is 29years old,with a 2 years old baby,no one can store her number with such).She simply dropped the call,guess what,the person never called back! Sometimes you might not be as lucky,she lost only #100 credit,someonelse might not be. Who would hear such news and wouldn't fall,that someone close just had an accident! Does that make you dishonest?

1 Like

Re: The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today by giantstrides(m): 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2015
3Dee:

You're welcome bro. I've always thought I could never fall for their tricks but they got me mehn! Anytime I see people rant about them on social forum like nairaland, I call those people names like dull guy, mumu etc. I never knew my day of reckoning was around the corner. Wetin pain me pass be say I even paid 2500 for servicing and service charge for a laptop he couldn't repair. It was after 2 weeks I got to know he had changed my screen when I took it to another repairer. It was the 2nd repairer that showed me how to remove a laptop's screen within 30 seconds and fix in another at the same rate.
I have learnt a lot of lessons though
1) Whenever you want to buy or repair any gadget, always look for a standard shop and don't mind the price.
2) Anybody can be a victim no matter how sharp you are, because they keep devicing means of cheating unsuspecting customers daily.

Pls can you direct me to a shop I can replace my laptop screen in the village? my normal customer is not around for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread / Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera / 5 Smart Phones With Best Cameras In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.