Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes (4522 Views)

Group Wants Ambode Disqualified Over Alleged History Of Mental Illness / Northern Group Wants Obasanjo To Debate With Al – Mustapha / CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by TOYOSI20(f): 7:55am On Apr 07, 2009
sley4life:

spraying stolen money from the masses

ROFL!!!

Na so e be oo. . . .they'll look for the slightest offence to nab him. . . .and then its finished. . . .all his atrocities will be tabled before him!

it is only him that is answerable to them naa!! undecided

They say the Evil that men do no longer lives after them but now lives within them. . . . how then can u escape the Day of reckoning?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by jamace(m): 8:03am On Apr 07, 2009
Who is that man of audacity who can go to  Baba Kamkpe to whisper "you are under arrest for breaking the law of the FRN, sir"?  Baba will ensure the "fool" is locked in a chicken cage till further notice.

As things are in the country now, the fear of Baba is the beginning of wisdom.  grin
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by iReport: 8:06am On Apr 07, 2009
Evil men at work again. They will all quench to death because of envy. Instead of them to do something tangible with their time like getting a job, they are busy hating on Obasanjo. Bad belle na cancer. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by arogbowei: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2009
Those who live in glass house should not throw stones. Some laws are obnoxious to our culture, why i personally do not subscribe to showy display of wealth, including openly spraying Naira, we need not legislate on it. Educate the people to respect the Naira, and that would suffice. We should concentrate on legislating poverty to the back door.

Leave the old man (Obasanjo) alone, let's concentrate on how to move forward please.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by ikeyman00(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------
---------------
Evil men at work again. They will all quench to death because of envy. Instead of them to do something tangible with their time like getting a job, they are busy hating on Obasanjo. Bad belle na cancer.

and what is?
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by shoboy9: 9:31am On Apr 07, 2009
Please arrest him if he was spraying naira notes, haba! But if he was spendin dollar, he is a free man, the law only applies to those who spray in naira, wink
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by ohaechesi(m): 10:03am On Apr 07, 2009
lets not be deceived by those political warlords. this is just a game plan to extort part of the stolen money from the old young man (OBJ). There are more better visible incriminating allegation leveled against him in the court by different folks. those allegation such as power supply embezzled funds, roads reconstruction, refineries renovation embezzled funds and host of them. so why the puzzle on OBJ spraying of naira bids?
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by kingurch: 10:17am On Apr 07, 2009
since he signed the law he should be jailed and even for stealing billions he should be sentenced to life imprisonment, urgly mucheche
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by kingurch: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2009
That picture is not enuff to convict anyone!
Asides, in a country where stealing billions is not a crime, why should anyone be punished for spraying hundreds of Naira!

u're right but he signed the law himself so he should even be killed for that kind of act, e go do wetin e know say e no good come dey expect say e no go spray one day becos e feel say e go remain president forever, paddi think well these people are all thieves in different ways and styles
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by chidichris(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2009
Evil men at work again. They will all quench to death because of envy. Instead of them to do something tangible with their time like getting a job, they are busy hating on Obasanjo. Bad belle na cancer.

Ireport,
who are th evil me here? the ones who made the law, the ones who sign them or the ones who want the law to be effective?
remember, this law was made under the obj's administration and signed into law by obj. is it bad if someone reminds obj that he signed same into law a couple of months back? do u have any particular person in mind in making laws or our laws supposed to be a respecter of perons?

Those who live in glass house should not throw stones. Some laws are obnoxious to our culture, why i personally do not subscribe to showy display of wealth, including openly spraying Naira, we need not legislate on it. Educate the people to respect the Naira, and that would suffice. We should concentrate on legislating poverty to the back door.

Leave the old man (Obasanjo) alone, let's concentrate on how to move forward please.

@arogbowei,
is anyone making a new law here? are you aware this particular law was signed by the same old man? was the law made for a particular person?

@topic,
obj once told oyo people that the late adedibu was too old to be changed and i think the same is applicable here.
let obj resign from politics as an old man and we will start looking at him as an old man. if obj believes he is too stron to remain in politics, he shld be able to know the laws of the land and respect them with the knowledge of the supremacy of the law.
if nothing is done in his situation, let it be generally acceptable that anyone punished for same reason will amount to selective justice for which his administration and pdp is known for.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Udobass: 10:48am On Apr 07, 2009
Nigeria is not all about Obasanjo, for Gods sake let us at least for once think of how to move this country forward and allow the old man to rest. As far as I am concern, he tried his best for this country, and i bet you, history will certainly vindicate Obasanjo. Or what can you say about Yaradua who was tauted to be the Messiah. Almost two years gone, the seven point agenda is not poiting to anywhere
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by ud4u: 11:48am On Apr 07, 2009
This makes mockery of the rule of law which states the every citizen is equal before the law.

This is Nigeria where laws are easily created by the law makers at the detriment of the poor masses and the laws makers themselves are above the law.

The fact is that Obj prayed money, so even if the money was hijacked from the air before landing on the ground as some people are claiming, the issue remains that he sprayed money.

And the case is purnishable because he is the person that signed it into law.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by gigabytes: 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2009
Pls leave this man alone. He is the best we've gotten. Compare to ors, or are you too small to know. Wiseeee.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by ayobase(m): 12:52pm On Apr 07, 2009
The Law is applied to everyone,
but his was just obvious as a stakeholder.

some of u still do the same thing!!!
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by redsun(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2009
Obj deserves mob justice.What is the nature of his present security?does he have a battalion of soldiers guarding him?if not,people should march to his residence and set him and everything ablaze.People like him and their families should be extinguish from the face of the earth,they are enemies of real people.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by hackney(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2009
LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
So there are rules in Nigeria??
please tell me more ooooo abeg!!!
roflmao
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by redsun(m): 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2009
Nigeria is a lawless country,a rogue state.If there are rules,all those leaders will be in jail,with exception of maybe few like fashola.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by gReenmAn(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2009
Can someone state exactly what the law syas regarding this issue.

I think it prohibits manhandling of the naira vis trampling on it, crumpling it etc.
I do not think that is the case here (from the pics)
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by TRACK: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2009
Obj ,Obj,, every where.If this old man could be among those guys trapping Fayose for failing to join PDP so that Ekiti state will be for them,why wont Efcc(PDP dog/pet) arrest Obj.I am only afraid b/c that may cause Solude and Waziri their jobs and there after land in EFCC net.I'm Ekite person but a 9ja.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by anonimi: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2009
Easy na, OBJ's tight friend, the one who descrcribed him as our Joshua at the beginning of his eight years reign of complacency will soon jet in to pray powerfully to avert any arrest and prosecution for spraying our money.
Anyone knows the salary of a retired President plus the income from the businesses OBJ revived from the loot proceeds of his eight years of mismanagement? I hope OGD gets his tax guys to do a proper assessment of his expenditure and collect adequate tax from him to start with.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by TRACK: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2009
I mean I AM NOT EKITI PERSON BT A 9JA.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by Rekky(f): 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2009
He who has no sin should throw the first stone, Peace to u all in the house.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by anonimi: 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2009
Rekky:

He who has no sin should throw the first stone, Peace to u all in the house.

That was for ordinary folks, not for leaders-political or religious who place themselves abiove us all on the pretext that they are super-humans. If they are not they should not step forward.
Leadership nor be by force.
Read Matt. 7 and come back let's discuss. Right?
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by cvibe: 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2009
I think the naira spraying law died with Obasanjo's regime.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by GoldCircle: 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2009
Abeg let's concentrate our energies on something more important to our national life rather than these kind talk that won't lead us anywhere!

Next story please. . .
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by basking4me: 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2009
If you want to sell anythin, just put 'OBJ' tag on it,

People will Buy , out of curiosity. Whether for good or for Bad, this same man remains the most popular Nigerian.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by emiemi(f): 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2009
@ Toryinrayo
We have to get him someway. . . .if not for corruption, then for spraying notes.

Hope they finally lock the gorilla in the zoo.

I no fit laugh o my dear. The adjective fits perfectly.

Seconded! grin
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by philip0906(m): 8:48pm On Apr 07, 2009
They may arrest him and ask him to pay a fine of N50k (which Soludo can pay on his behalf ).
     grin
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by larez(m): 11:49pm On Apr 07, 2009
Haba, why are all these people shouting? Baba just helped the masses. If they arrest you for the same thing, you can easily point to the example that Baba gave. This will make the Judge drop the charges sharp-sharp. Nigerians always cry when they need to celebrate.
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by AmAlone: 12:34am On Apr 08, 2009
Obasanjo wole Garri ti won o han?

thats it! kelvo, AM GONE!
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by joobreel(m): 8:26am On Apr 08, 2009
Naija pple. Una don come again. Why would some groups just want to be heard? Is it compulsory? Why push for the impossible in naija. Some are practically above the law of Nigeria. There are greater issues on ground and all they could shout is prosecute for spraying money. Abeg, make them talk another thing. Infact, who will lead the team that ll arrest baba. I am waiting
Re: Group Wants Obasanjo Arrested For Spraying Notes by meexteriox(m): 8:38am On Apr 08, 2009
The Nigeria media has a knack for always putting this guy in the limelight.
Now a name seeking NGO, has taken over the battle. Na dem sabi.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Our Policemen Are Mercenaries –tsav / FG Targets 12m Tonnes Of Liquid Steel By 2020 / Is Ibaka Seaport A Pipedream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.