Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) (75763 Views)

After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) / Mountain Of Fire Vs Beer Car: How Will You Describe The Owner Of This Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by thepathoma(m): 5:42am On Sep 12, 2015
Lol wonders

Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by otiigba1(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2015
I can't believe most people on here are applauding this trash

Mediocrity on the highest level. and some people who calls themselves engineers in nigeria are also applauding this trash, this is why the nigerian Government employs foreign engineers because nigerian engineers are mediocre, i don't blame them no sane Government will invest in this trash.

1 Like

Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by marshalcarter: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2015
DAVE5:
I am not an engineer or anything close to that but if I was going to build a car, i won't consider this trash as an option

ingenuity is not by force, if u r not a genius u can't jump and become one

even in 1600s America dint consider this an option

You're wucked aswear angry

Must you fall the guy hand grin

1 Like

Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by DAVE5(m): 9:08am On Sep 12, 2015
marshalcarter:

You're wucked aswear angry
Must you fall the guy hand grin

Lol, couldn't help it...
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by DAVE5(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2015
otiigba1:
I can't believe most people on here are applauding this trash

Mediocrity on the highest level. and some people who calls themselves engineers in nigeria are also applauding this trash, this is why the nigerian Government employs foreign engineers because nigerian engineers are mediocre, i don't blame them no sane Government will invest in this trash.

Gbam!!!
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by DAVE5(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2015
bigfrancis21:

grin grin grin

Nigerians celebrating mediocrity since 1960. Let him go to China and see the wonders 10-year olds are manufacturing. undecided

He thinks he can punish Nigerians wit dat his jalopy thingy
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by DAVE5(m): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2015
smuth:

Since you are not an engineer you should not be making such comments. Meanwhile, let me school you a little about common sense that you obviously dont have. ask yourself this question, if that guy can build something like that from a rusty and dirty material using the engine of a tricycle don't you think if given a high quality material he will build something more fascinating? Now manage this knock on your head Receive sense in Jesus name.

You are a clown in the making

Thanks for the sense though, but I won't knock u back so u won't receive sense
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by DAVE5(m): 9:21am On Sep 12, 2015
emzila:

people like u never achieve anything. If Americans look down on their first attempt, u wouldn't have what u consider as beautiful cars today.

U might be a failure but I tell u most sincerely; I am an achiever and more achievement is still on its way
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2015
DAVE5:

do I look like am kidding u, my kid sister won't conceive that as a project sef, talk true, wat that engineer did is far from innovation....

he got 4 bicycle tires, carpet, metals, engine and joined all of them in place and came up wit trash, that crap is a joke...

lol
He's not an engineer NCOs according to him, he didn't go to skul neither did he have any fundings.... He just used what he could lay his hands on..... How many people can think of sth worth their while instead of becoming an agbero on the street?
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by ZeroSumxxx: 10:23am On Sep 12, 2015
The guy is a genius. Am sad with the few "Likes" this story got. The young man should be encourage for his creativity and dexterity.
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:25am On Sep 12, 2015
DAVE5:

lol, don't kill ursef ohh...

u mustn't have an arsenal of wealth to build somtin worthwhile, he wasted his resources on dat crap if u asked me
he didn't waste his resources bro.... He used things he found lying around.... All weldings and modifications were done by him using his friends welding machine...
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:36am On Sep 12, 2015
shizzy7:
I like the way you just wrote "GUY IN LEKKI" 'COS If you mentioned a particular name this thread would have degenerated to A TRIBAL WAR especially from the ___________ Fill In The Gap
lol....... Thanks.....
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2015
Siena:

Talent?? Where is the talent?

That creation is rubbish! And if you guys can put emotion aside, and see this attempt at building a car for what it truly is, (garbage) you'll realise this is no different to the boxes with Peak milk cans as wheels most of us used to build when we were kids, back in the 1970's.

The only difference is ours were toys, while a full-grown man who supposedly has a brain is actually building this in 2015, and calling it a car! Come on, guys! angry

I'm all for encouraging local talent, but encouraging what has been posted here would mean insanity isn't too far away, neither are the men in white coats and big nets.
do u know the guy that made it only went to primary school? Do u know he is from a poor home? Do u know he has no resources whatso ever? Do u know he just used whatever piece of scrap he could find around? Do u also know a swan water bottle of petrol lasts him 4days with his constant usage due to his modifications? He is already rivaling the graduates of that university in the north that attempted to build a car that keeps breaking down...... You think if he went to school and learned and the had the slightest form of funds he wouldn't do better than this? Forget pity, sentiments or whatever..... If you ask me, the guy did his best to the best of his limited knowledge and materials.....
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:53am On Sep 12, 2015
wandyvirus:

No he is not. While not taking anything away from the guy's "innovation", i think this tells a lot about who we are as a people and what has happened to STEM education over the last 20 years. When i saw the pix i was so disappointed that the poster felt this was news worthy. It tells me what the poster and most of us consider as invention. This is a contraption. The good thing to take away is if he gets some education, he may be able to design and build an engine from scratch.
ummmm...... Did u read anywhere in my post where I said INVENT? I went on to explain that he used the engine of a motorcycle....... What was designed was the metal frame which was done from the scratch without any machinery.. Trust me if he had skills of a panel beater he would have done better but still........ He tried.......
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by obacasmir: 11:37am On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=markmira post=37918379]
God bless america. Is that a car or a disgrace to our country??we keep showing the whites how inferior we are,GOD punish the idiot that opened this thread and the stupid mod who made it hit front page.[/quote

America is a developed country ode.. I guess nigeria is a developed country too abi? Check out the history of america then compare to any black country. You think they got to where they are in 200 years?
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=obacasmir post=37933167][/quote] another poverty ambassador.
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
ZeroSumxxx:
The guy is a genius. Am sad with the few "Likes" this story got. The young man should be encourage for his creativity and dexterity.

On my way to Lekki now to see if I locate the dude for an interview. Our environment is not enabling, no investment in this kind of thing from the govt, even when there is education, it is mostly theoretical......I think he did well.
We can't be comparing ourselves to China and USA. The circumstances and living conditions are totally different, therefore, the level or quality of productivity cannot be the same.
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by NemzySeries(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2015
DAVE5:

Dude calm ursef ohh, abi u want miss step fall inside well ni
.........Excuse me
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by janzguy: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nice innovation. This goes far to show how creative some minds could be....
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2015
@ industrialfan God bless you for adding the location. Immediately I came across your thread (I was at dolphin estate) I made up my mind to go and search for the dude. This is good material for an interview
I just left Ologolo......got the contact of one of his associates. They said his phone is bad. Hopefully I can lockdown the interview next weekend.

For all those saying the work is crap......obviously this. guy isn't educated and he lacks funds......usually a first attempt is all that is needed and he can keep working on it.
We have to stop comparing ourselves to China and USA. The environments, circumstances and empowerment in these three places are different and it reflects in the quality of productivity.
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by addictiv(m): 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
At all at all na him bad pass....at least its better than treking
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Josefemo(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
[talent and skill in action. quote author=INDUSTRIALFAN post=37863654]One more picture.... I like what he wrote on the Mud guard...... It reads thus : TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO...... I love his mindset.... #WHAYASAY[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Ramesh Babu, An Indian Barber Who Drives Rolls-Royce Ghost To His Shop / Man Gave Mechanic His Car To Repair, He Drove The Car To His Girlfriend's House. / How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.