Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) (75761 Views)

After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) / Mountain Of Fire Vs Beer Car: How Will You Describe The Owner Of This Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
I RECOMMEND THIS LEKKI G WAGON TO BE INCLUDED IN THE PRESIDENTIAL CONVOY...AM SURE IT WOULD HAVE SOME WITCHESTRACKING DEVICE WITH IT
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
brushesz:

ShutUp!

Lol. I'll like to see you make me shut up. I said it once, and I'll say it again - that creation is garbage. High school kids could do so much better, with nothing more than their dinner money.

If you truly feel what this guy has thrown together is praise worthy, you must be out of your mind. Either that, or your standards (and what it takes to pique your interest) must be way below that of the average human.

So no, I won't shut up. When the thread starter chose to post this on an online forum, it became EVERYONE's business worldwide.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by redfigure(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
Cwhyte:

I think you should commend the guy.
To build an invention you must be able to create an existing one. This guy has modified an existing invention, building his own is just a dream away.
You're right to an extent, but this isn't enough. Atleast it moved, I commend him for that but the body structure is trash. I just like the 18th century wheel.
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by alumz(m): 5:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nice wan smiley n veri creative!
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Drabrah(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
kingvectorv:
Na keke be that abi motor because dat tin no look like car
Na 4WD

(4WheelDrive)
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by emzila(m): 6:47pm On Sep 12, 2015
DAVE5:

U might be a failure but I tell u most sincerely; I am an achiever and more achievement is still on its way
i won't be surprise if u are achieving in the negative but all i know is that positive achievers don't look down or demoralized those whose trying to join their team.
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Adjutant(m): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2015
exhibition:
Quite Innovative. The essence of innovations is to solve problems, Let's try and focus on problems peculiar to us as a nation and solve them ingeniously.

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Nixon55(m): 8:54am On Sep 15, 2015
Siena:

Talent?? Where is the talent?

That creation is rubbish! And if you guys can put emotion aside, and see this attempt at building a car for what it truly is, (garbage) you'll realise this is no different to the boxes with Peak milk cans as wheels most of us used to build when we were kids, back in the 1970's.

The only difference is ours were toys, while a full-grown man who supposedly has a brain is actually building this in 2015, and calling it a car! Come on, guys! angry

I'm all for encouraging local talent, but encouraging what has been posted here would mean insanity isn't too far away, neither are the men in white coats and big nets.

@Siena, I agree with your analysis.
I feel sad for the younger generations of this country. What that guy did was to weld metal plates together and put it on four bicycle wheels and then power it with a Bajaj Motorcycle Engine. What is ingenuity in that? Any welder on the streets can do the welding. The engine was not built by him obviously.
Nigerians should understand technology for what it is. Trying to start car manufacturing from the first principles in 2015 is just lame. The sensible thing to do is to support the likes of Innoson and Stallion and other brands to start car manufacturing in Nigeria. Innoson, even with his heavy investments is still struggling to convince people to buy its products. Automobiles are about safety of lives and no sane human being would endanger his life all in the name of patronizing one ill-conceived product.
China is big in other areas but they are not among top car manufacturers in the world. they have the likes of GM, Volvo, etc build plants in their country and then manufacture for them thereby making it cheaper and more affordable. Geely, which is a chinese car company is probably not rated anywhere among car manufacturers.
Can somebody please tell all these "wanna be" inventors and innovators that the ship of inventing automobile has sailed long ago. Nigeria has other problems that are unique to us that the so-called inventors should start considering. We having ecological disasters, pests, rodents, recycling issues, pollution control etc. "Inventing a car is no longer a quest, it has been done already by the likes of Ford, Daimler, Benz, etc."

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
bodashee:
@ industrialfan God bless you for adding the location. Immediately I came across your thread (I was at dolphin estate) I made up my mind to go and search for the dude. This is good material for an interview
I just left Ologolo......got the contact of one of his associates. They said his phone is bad. Hopefully I can lockdown the interview next weekend.

For all those saying the work is crap......obviously this. guy isn't educated and he lacks funds......usually a first attempt is all that is needed and he can keep working on it.
We have to stop comparing ourselves to China and USA. The environments, circumstances and empowerment in these three places are different and it reflects in the quality of productivity.

sorry dear.... my subscription was finished else I would ve replied u long b4 now..... Its so nice and cheerful of u to want to publicise the guy.... who knows what may come out of it? Ur response to the post is what I hoped posting here would achieve.... So, have u gotten to meet the guy?
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
sorry dear.... my subscription was finished else I would ve replied u long b4 now..... Its so nice and cheerful of u to want to publicise the guy.... who knows what may come out of it? Ur response to the post is what I hoped posting here would achieve.... So, have u gotten to meet the guy?

Not yet. He doesn't have a phone so it has been difficult to reach him, but I'm communicating with the head of the mechanics at Ologolo. He chills out with them when he has the time on his hands, and they've promised to alert me once they see him.
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
bodashee:

Not yet. He doesn't have a phone so it has been difficult to reach him, but I'm communicating with the head of the mechanics at Ologolo. He chills out with them when he has the time on his hands, and they've promised to alert me once they see him.
alright..... Thanks for ur efforts....
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by tck2000(m): 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
okay
Re: Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) by Chuks84(m): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
Please let's not encourage mediocrity. We will never grow as a nation if we label contraptions such as this as an innovation. This is purely embarrassing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Ramesh Babu, An Indian Barber Who Drives Rolls-Royce Ghost To His Shop / Man Gave Mechanic His Car To Repair, He Drove The Car To His Girlfriend's House. / How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.