Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,591 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? (21070 Views)

Counter Thread:5 Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Marriage / 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. / Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by kolaosita4(m): 10:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
It will work oh.... But me no do am
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Kanbee: 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wedding receptions often succeed or fail
based on the performance of
the MC. If the MC isn't entertaining, or even
worse, makes jokes in poor taste,
it reflects negatively on the bride and groom.
If you want your reception to be classy, run
smoothly, and
be as wonderful as it can be, at a pocket-
friendly price, contact A Professional MC on
07030828285, BBM PIN: 565085F0. You can
as well like our new facebook page:"Kanby Innovations".
Looking forward to hearing from you! Please pass it on; you may be helping someone who needs this info.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by NICOGRAVITY: 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2015
It will work. Where there's a will there's a way.
if their marriage is built on love, it will work perfectly. All they need is understanding, proper planning and implementations.
she can cook on Saturdays and keep in freezer, all they nis to microwave.
She can start child bearing immediately if that's what they want, after all, she has up to one year leave. Let them employ wash man to wash and iron, and a very good house helper for the children.
Never say never. It's possible.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by neeyor88: 11:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
the best is let them nt rush into child bearing, den later d wife cn sacrifice her job for d upbringing of the children later in their journey. it wld b beta for her to get a personal busines she can easily manage within the space of time and have tim for the family too. let d man fetch more for the family
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by irishCream: 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
Aitee1:
They should marry then employ me as nanny tongue

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by joanana(f): 11:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
Yes, it will work if they want it to.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Haywhymido(m): 12:24am On Sep 11, 2015
Aitee1:
They should marry then employ me as nanny tongue
employ u indeed. dear,dat is suicidal
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Godsonkemz(m): 12:51am On Sep 11, 2015
It can work as long as they get a nanny. But banking profession has a slightly low job security and much stress which could directly affect children's upkeep and limit parental attention. Notwithstanding, their marriage can work as long as they love and understand each other and also get a nanny.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by AreaFada2: 2:18am On Sep 11, 2015
Adesiji77:

Your topic is misleading; I initially thought your concern was about the fact that they work in different banks.

Anyway, outside Lagos, I have seen more than a few couples who are in that situation and whose marriages are working out well.

As for Lagos, hmmm...it is going to be very challenging, especially when they start having children. Which business units (BU) are they? Operations/"Back Office"? Business Development a.k.a "Marketing"?

They need to sit down and fine-tune this discussion very well BEFORE the marriage, highlighting their priorities. One party MAY consider changing profession, especially when both work in BUs that are time-consuming and rigorous.

Life is more than just making money...my opinion though

That the guy has second thoughts means he can clearly foresee the challenges ahead. He would have already discussed the matter with his fiancee without any conclusion.
If they have and can allow a close relative like the lady's mum to live with them, ok. After kids start coming.

Otherwise they should work for a few years without kids first. Save enough money to buy/build a small house. Then one should resign. Ideally the lady upon completing maternity leave. Part of the remaining savings should go into private business. That way they'll have own house in case the one still working gets sacked. With no rent to pay, a private business going and kids well-catered for, the family will be more secure and happier.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by fascowilly(m): 4:39am On Sep 11, 2015
Y not? With good planning, op both of you won't end your careers there, yours is to start solution will follow.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by DedeNkem: 4:39am On Sep 11, 2015
softapples:
MY cousin is a banker in one of the banks in the country and his fiancee is also a banker in another bank, due to the fact that they leave home early in the morning due to lagos traffic and come home late at night, he is having second thought about their relationship, if he gets married to the lady, can their marriage work?

This doesn't make any sense.
What has working in the bank got to do with marrying the lady?
Won't the lady also leave in the morning if she was working with a non-bank company?
He doesn't want to marry a career woman?
Does he want her to be a stay-home wife?

The guy is just looking for a flimsy excuse to dump her.

4 Likes

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by fascowilly(m): 4:42am On Sep 11, 2015
[quote author=saintkel post=37882923]Ofcos it will wrk just dat they both will eat outside [what we're saying is beyond the food.]
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by enitey(f): 5:26am On Sep 11, 2015
Communication is a major factor here
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by ireneidiva(f): 5:37am On Sep 11, 2015
Xano:
It is not humanly feasible. To talk/discuss is easier than when it gets real. With Lagos traffic, there's less time for relationship. They both will be unhappy with each other when they come home from work every 9pm or 10pm thereabout. Home chores with its challenges. Saturdays will be for chores and rest. Limited social life and fun play(sight seeing) among the couples. If when each come home with no electric light under a very warm evening - a little anger may set in. Among others.
All these without the kids yet.
Don't marry because of sentiment. Marriage is for decades.
Who told you they live in lagos??
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by ireneidiva(f): 5:40am On Sep 11, 2015
neeyor88:
the best is let them nt rush into child bearing, den later d wife cn sacrifice her job for d upbringing of the children later in their journey. it wld b beta for her to get a personal busines she can easily manage within the space of time and have tim for the family too. let d man fetch more for the family
Must it always be the wife? What if she is not business inclined? Can't the man do go into a business?

6 Likes

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by MummyTehillah(f): 7:05am On Sep 11, 2015
Did he not know she was a banker before courting her. They should sig down and pla. Their lives together and stop making excuses.

2 Likes

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Xano(m): 7:10am On Sep 11, 2015
ireneidiva:

Who told you they live in lagos??

Interesting. Re-read the topic. Don't be too fast to type.

1 Like

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by skeema: 7:18am On Sep 11, 2015
softapples:
MY cousin is a banker in one of the banks in the country and his fiancee is also a banker in another bank, due to the fact that they leave home early in the morning due to lagos traffic and come home late at night, he is having second thought about their relationship, if he gets married to the lady, can their marriage work?

My Oga and his wife re bankers and they are role models for marriage
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Akanaz(m): 7:30am On Sep 11, 2015
All they need is "PLAN".
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by 400billionman: 7:33am On Sep 11, 2015
softapples:

Who will care for the kids when they come. ?

Thats where i feel concerned.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by obiuzonwa: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2015
IF YOU SAY YOU CAN THEN YOU CAN
IF YOU SAY YOU CAN'T THEN, YOU ARE RIGHT

1 Like

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by tirith(m): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2015
Yes with long-time planning even before they are married and mutual compromise and understanding.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Bcole: 8:14am On Sep 11, 2015
mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..................
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by bambi17: 8:28am On Sep 11, 2015
softapples:
some people can think anyhow o this thinking wey na free,so someone that you love and have been in a relationship with since you just realized you work in different banks so you wana leave her

1 Like

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by DaGeneral(m): 8:42am On Sep 11, 2015
If truly they want to raise children dey ‘know' then one person must quit else dey can go ahead n marry pursuing their careers n wonder how dem kids got em strange characters..from experience I can say that no matter how professional a nanny is she can never fill d place of a mum in a childs life especially at d early stages n God help u,u hv a daughter like mine who will turn d house upside down if she can't smell her mum 30km around her within 20mins..my daughter wakes up like 12:30am to play till like 2am n d mum has to be awake.I am not against career women but truth be told how productive do u think she would be n don't u think such a lady would age fast wen 4m dusk till dawn u a constantly drained..? and for those thinking y should women quit n not d man..? last time I checked d umbilical cord was connected 4m d mum to d child so d child's want 4 mum is simply unexplainable..thank God my wife understood n agreed small as her biznes may be compared to her job,we are happy n facing life challenges as dey come. so its up to them cos on both decisions there are sacrifices n prices to be paid.

1 Like

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by pickabeau1: 8:48am On Sep 11, 2015
It will have beneficial to give practical examples of how u manage this challenge

child care

cooking/domestic stuff

etc

Tobiegal:
It depends largely on both parties... No profession is easy...

Hubby and I work in different banks and yea,we have two boys doing very well.

What they both need is to understand and respect each other... Communication is always key, and this can be done with the several means of we have nowadays...bbm, fone calls. Emails and the likes.

Kids would be fine regardless of how you look at them... Not everyone had their moms at their beck and call growing up and have turned out just fine... So why should yours be any different.

At the end of the day... It's their cross to bear... If he's having second thoughts after knowing fully well that what she does... He shd let her be... Men like them would have trust issues...even when they would continue to admire their own female colleagues in the same office.

To each their own jere

1 Like

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Setaje(f): 10:04am On Sep 11, 2015
It is not adviseable for both of them to be bankers and get married. It is not. One of u had better live the banking job or d woman should save up a lot so she can be on her own. Anybody building a future on a bank job is on a long thing. The moment u get a job in the bank start preparing for your retirement. It's very important. God forbid both of u get sacked at the same time.

1 Like

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by souljaboi51(m): 10:07am On Sep 11, 2015
my uncle and his wife were both bankers when they married. now they have 3 kids.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Ephemmm: 10:35am On Sep 11, 2015
softapples:

Majority of you guys always mention banks as if it is the only institutions where staff works late: until you get employed in any private organizations in VI, you may not realize that some private organizations work late than bankers.

3 Likes

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by rojust: 11:16am On Sep 11, 2015
Yes, it can. IF THEY WANT IT TO[color=#770077][/color]
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by ayo2pec(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2015
It can work, they might need to redefine thier goals, one of them can take on a less demanding Job.
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by controlG(m): 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
Yes it can work. I am a banker although still single but I know a number of colleagues who got married to bankers in other banks and 're living happily. It's all about planning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season / How Do You Notice That You Are No Longer Welcomed As A Visitor? / Girl Who Was Declared Missing In Ogun, Found After 9 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.