Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari (47110 Views)

Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari / Neutral Response To Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari / Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by othenok(f): 11:19am On Sep 11, 2015
adjoviomole:

Lol I was actually not reading as I was typing. And nairaland hangs @ times wen typing.........ion mind tho smiley can u b my english teacher?
Oh ok, I understand, darling. You are one of those that write without reading.
I bet you didn't even read through what you were responding to.
Next time Read, Think then Respond carefully. Have a lovely day.
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by brightleave(m): 11:21am On Sep 11, 2015
ochejoseph:

As Nigerians continue to wait for the change promised by the Apician "Apostles"here is a quick look at  how Africa's biggest Economy has performed under the "apostles" of change  

1 . Nigeria De-listed By JP. Morgan ,

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/investors-love-affair-with-nigeria-wanes-as-jpmorgan-cuts-bonds

3. 60,000 Nigerian loose Jobs in the construction sub sector - NLC

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/09/08/nlc-says-60000-nigerian-workers-lost-jobs/

3. Zenith Bank  Sacks 1200 workers  in a single day  

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/4819-zenith_bank_sacks_over_1_200_employees.html

4. Naira in free Fall - Business Day

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/naira-weakens-on-black-market-as-dollar-demand-grows-2/

5. Nigerian Economy slumps - NBS

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/nigerian-economy-slows-in-q2/

6. CHINA : Nigeria's biggest Trading partner and Investor, Snubs Nigeria over Buhari’s Behaviour 

http://uncova.com/china-snubs-nigeria-over-buhari-as-it-holds-africa-investment-summit

7. Nigerian Investors loose 311 Billion in 24 hours - Daily Trust 

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/stocks-lose-n311bn-bonds-suffer-after-jp-morgan-index-expulsion/110194.html

The above is what happens when underage voters brings a man with fossilised ideas to man Africa's biggest economy.  

The sooner the APC and the sai baba broom wielding herbalists realise that these "autopilotism"  is a recipe to economic and social anarchy the better for Nigeria. 

The truth be said Buhari needs help he Should ask For it fast before things get out of hand 

NB: Before you start throwing insults read the post, before you rain abuses think , before you post nonsense use your brain it's there to be used. 

May God Continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians 
How old're u sir?
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by ngoziama: 11:22am On Sep 11, 2015
emmyblackky:
China can go to hell for all I care. Do you know the punishment for corruption in China? Death sentence. They preserve their economy and damage other people's economy. It's no longer business as usual my man. The change is here and we must face it.

Oya, wailing wailers, over to you

Guess you dont know much about china.ask and you shall be well informed about china.you cant leave out china in any part of the world.they dont even need you.pmb is afraid of dealing with china because of his relationship with america but there you have failed.i am no so much in love with china but the country remains important in the world today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by zion47: 11:27am On Sep 11, 2015
Buhari will the worst president Nigeria will ever have!My friend graduate for the past 5years with job,he luckily got the last Nigeria Immigration recruitment,and Buhari has suspended the process,after his aged mother has broughed money for his feeding,transportation and kits,he is at home now confuse and he does even knw where to start from after 3month rigorous training and spending.He is so bittered and cursing himself for voting Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by muscoliscious(f): 11:31am On Sep 11, 2015
If you don't get it then you can never get it
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by olaitan4real: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2015
wwat exactly do u expert wen d ogogoro master scattered everytin[b][/b]
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by gbaskipro: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2015
emmyblackky:
China can go to hell for all I care. Do you know the punishment for corruption in China? Death sentence. They preserve their economy and damage other people's economy. It's no longer business as usual my man. The change is here and we must face it.

You totally have no sense, you are an illiterate and just a fool. So what concerns China and Change? Do they need Nigeria? We need them more so what do you mean by it is not Business as usual? SMH, you better face reality and stop all this blind loyalty to a party just for Pride sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by adjoviomole(m): 11:33am On Sep 11, 2015
othenok:

Oh ok, I understand, darling. You are one of those that write without reading.
I bet you didn't even read through what you were responding to.
Next time Read, Think then Respond carefully. Have a lovely day.

MY english teacher u shld correct urs too. U wrote"are actually a banker? wink"
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by Goke7: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2015
zion47:
Buhari will the worst president Nigeria will ever have!My friend graduate for the past 5years with job,he luckily got the last Nigeria Immigration recruitment,and Buhari has suspended the process,after his aged mother has broughed money for his feeding,transportation and kits,he is at home now confuse and he does even knw where to start from after 3month rigorous training and spending.He is so bittered and cursing himself for voting Buhari.

if your brother died like others at the immigration test interview, you won' be talking this way. I think we Nigerians are just damn too selfish we don't understand what Nation building is all about, no wonder we had a President who didn't give a damn either.
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by olad1954: 11:36am On Sep 11, 2015
nairalanders let us think and reflect on the state of Nigeria today. we Nigerians need to participate in the development of the country. alot of our people are leaving to go abroad where the grass is greener. they do not know how hard these people worked to make the grass greener. Buhari alone cannot do it. he needs the support and encouragement of the whole nation. remember the inaugural address of J.f kennedy in January 1961 "do not ask what your country can do for you , but ask what you can do for your country". think and act.
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by jaybee3(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2015
gbaskipro:

You totally have no sense, you are an illiterate and just a fool. So what concerns China and Change? Do they need Nigeria? We need them more so what do you mean by it is not Business as usual? SMH, you better face reality and stop all this blind loyalty to a party just for Pride sake.

Do you understand the concept of bilateral trade agreements?

We need them as much as they need us
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by rallymento(m): 11:39am On Sep 11, 2015
OrIandoOwoh:
buhari is the punishment God gave to Nigeria for not believing in him

Sup Man You just made my day........... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by adjoviomole(m): 11:39am On Sep 11, 2015
nobeku:
Mr Albert Einstein, was it Buhari that sacked the 8 loosers in your branch? I will slap you O!

Lol I can't go into details now.But the ppl sacked are hardworking. Its just dat d company is cutting cost due to d bad economy. If ur salary is very high and u are even old again! U will b axed and may b a contract staff will replace (contract staffs aint earning much )
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by othenok(f): 11:40am On Sep 11, 2015
adjoviomole:

MY english teacher u shld correct urs too. U wrote"are actually a banker? wink"
Thanks but mind your Capitals. Wish it were this easy to correct yours though. Oh well!
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by gbaskipro: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2015
jaybee3:

Do you understand the concept of bilateral trade agreements?

We need them as much as they need us

Young man we need them more! Do you know how many things they buy from us? That goes to our economy purse?
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by Goke7: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2015
Dacinth:
The truth is politics nd ethnicity as made some people derail from their natural way of thinking to more of absurdity, apathy, asininity, battiness,
doltishness, fatuity, fatuousness and plain stupid
. What is most worrying is d fact dat sum Nigerians re praying for this administration to fail so dat dey will blame Buhari. Are u guys kidding me?, next election is in four years time nd u already looking for d downfall of this administration. Shouldn't the well-being nd progress of the country Nigeria come 1st b4 any political party?. Am tired of seeing people here say this nd dat that dis country wil go worst wen we should b praying it gets better. No one will say dat Nigeria is nt winning d war against terrorism nd corruption ryt nw nd dis two re d biggest problems faced in this country. Gosh its been only 100days in office, we should at least give dis administration a chance. I don't support any political party cus I vote for d person I think is credible enough and not on political nd ethnic reasons.... Pls let's all rally for this govt to work nd contribute our own quarter cus Nigeria been better will b for our own good.

The truth is GEJ played the dirtiest politics that you can never think of he divided Nigerians further along ethnic lines and religion to the extent that even Pastors were fighting themselves over GEJ, even right now it has not stopped with ffk telling us that Nigeria is on satanic foundation and aribisala telling us that APC is witchcraft after the Islamic agenda thing they used before failed.

This is kind of Politics and Nigeria GEJ left us with where we blame the devil, islam, satan instead for all our stealing and corruption.
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by adjoviomole(m): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2015
obailala:
Can you kindly shut up and shove that your silly opinion up your asss.

THe present situation we find ourselves today is due to 2 things;
1. Sudden crash in oil prices
2. The indiscretions, incompetence and diabolic corruption of the past administration.

We had an administration which could not save a dime even though for its 5 years, the nation enjoyed unprecedented economic boom with average oil prices constantly above $100/barrel. The indiscretions of the past government by not saving for the rainy day led to this mess. The nation was already in an economic nosedive into oblivion and the new administration took over midway.

How do you classify a government that consistently had a budget surplus for 5 consistent years, yet the world oil prices crash and within 2 months, Nigeria had to officially devalue its currency and even the FG had to borrow to pay workers salary?.... The effect of devaluing the naira in December led to a free fall of the naira to over N250 to a dollar until the new government had to implement draconian measures to checkmate the free fall. We talking of a government that met foreign currency reserves to the tune of over $60billion but left less than $29billion on their exit even at a time we had the biggest economic boom in Nigeria's history.... and some homo-sapiens still think that was progress.

If you had an iota of common sense in your head, you would know who and which government is culpable for the mess we find ourselves in. God simply saved Nigeria from plunging into a catastrophic economic mess like what we have in nations like north korea, greece, zimbabwe and somalia. Yet some twerps like yourself who supported the last diabolically incompetent and plainly wicked administration are here trying to pass the blame to a man who has come in to clean the mess. Just do me a favour, gerrarrahia! angry angry

Must u insult to make ur point. Anyways I got nothing to say to u dan, u shld wait till one member of ur family is axed frm where eva dey work, den u will know hw crios d situation is. Sebi u are still collecting lil change frm ur mum n dad. No worry ur eye go clear soon.mtchwww
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by erunz(m): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2015
mop4:

So what are you saying that none of these happen in the time of PDP........ Sorry lets try APC
Oga u voted change to see things improve, but things are getting worst any. PDP has already set d bar, anything below that is unacceptable
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by Damalex4luv(m): 11:45am On Sep 11, 2015
chigoizie7:

And why was PMB elected? To clean up the mess by the past administration, and he should be doing that already.

PMB knew that the past admin messed up the economy and that was why he want to take over to set things on a normal path, he should start doing that.
That he had started already. Cleaning a mess up will not take some month especially in a country like nigeria where doing good is been regarded as doing wrong. It's one step at a time only a fool will say that buhari is not better than goodluck. Sentiment apart bubu is on the right tract and I pray God help him to succeed

1 Like

Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by Damalex4luv(m): 11:45am On Sep 11, 2015
nobeku:
Abraham 's blessings are yours!
Amen bro and you too
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by dj4wealth: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2015
obailala:
Can you kindly shut up and shove that your silly opinion up your asss.

THe present situation we find ourselves today is due to 2 things;
1. Sudden crash in oil prices
2. The indiscretions, incompetence and diabolic corruption of the past administration.

We had an administration which could not save a dime even though for its 5 years, the nation enjoyed unprecedented economic boom with average oil prices constantly above $100/barrel. The indiscretions of the past government by not saving for the rainy day led to this mess. The nation was already in an economic nosedive into oblivion and the new administration took over midway.

How do you classify a government that consistently had a budget surplus for 5 consistent years, yet the world oil prices crash and within 2 months, Nigeria had to officially devalue its currency and even the FG had to borrow to pay workers salary?.... The effect of devaluing the naira in December led to a free fall of the naira to over N250 to a dollar until the new government had to implement draconian measures to checkmate the free fall. We talking of a government that met foreign currency reserves to the tune of over $60billion but left less than $29billion on their exit even at a time we had the biggest economic boom in Nigeria's history.... and some homo-sapiens still think that was progress.

If you had an iota of common sense in your head, you would know who and which government is culpable for the mess we find ourselves in. God simply saved Nigeria from plunging into a catastrophic economic mess like what we have in nations like north korea, greece, zimbabwe and somalia. Yet some twerps like yourself who supported the last diabolically incompetent and plainly wicked administration are here trying to pass the blame to a man who has come in to clean the mess. Just do me a favour, gerrarrahia! angry angry

May you never lack wisdom when you need it.

Only God knows what would have happened to this Nation if Stealing is not Corruption is still in Town.
A new Sheriff is in Town.
Guess what? He is dealing with Root Cause Analysis.
Stay tuned by month end it is going to be New Season Film. Action Pack.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by jaybee3(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2015
gbaskipro:

Young man we need them more! Do you know how many things they buy from us? That goes to our economy purse?

Stop being condescending Mr!

So they are somewhat restricted to buying Oil from us but you've ridiculously ignored the fact that our lackadaisical import policy also allows substandard Chinese products to flood the streets of ur dear Nation. That's certainly worth a few bucks to the Chinese govt coffers doesn't it?

I'm sure you know china's growth is been fueled by their manufacturing strides so what's the point in manufacturing stuff they can't sell to friendly nations?

Once again, do you understand the concept behind bilateral trade agreements?
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by adjoviomole(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2015
othenok:

Thanks but mind your Capitals. Wish it were this easy to correct yours though. Oh well!

Its my phone dats doin dat jare. Can't see ur pix tho. Wannna see wot u look like
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by zion47: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2015
Goke7:

if your brother died like others at the immigration test interview, you won' be talking this way. I think we Nigerians are just damn too selfish we don't understand what Nation building is all about, no wonder we had a President who didn't give a damn either.
And who told u d deceased relatives are not among them.All people that lost family members were also sent home pls.get ur facts right b4 comment.why am nt of complaining for myself if am selfish as u say.
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by mmsen: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2015
emmyblackky:

You don't follow Chinese news.

Chines stock exchange has recently crashed, twice. Lost almost 50% since the beginning of summer.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/8/8911519/china-stock-market-charts

Their economy is slowing down, hence why there are fears of a fresh global slowdown.
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 11:59am On Sep 11, 2015
Damalex4luv:

That he had started already. Cleaning a mess up will not take some month especially in a country like nigeria where doing good is been regarded as doing wrong. It's one step at a time only a fool will say that buhari is not better than goodluck. Sentiment apart bubu is on the right tract and I pray God help him to succeed

I agree with you, but criticism should not be ruled out.

I don't know if this statement attributed to Amaechi is right or wrong.
"We steal because no one is stoning us".

My point is dis,he should be criticized.

in his 100 days in office, there are certain things he should have gotten right.

Believe u me, naija is a very big and complicating economy and u can not know very thing, but I sure know that u need good people to keep you on the right track. U need your citizens to tell you were and ow your polices is affecting them negatively or otherwise.

It is hard for a rich man to help a poor man,except that rich man ha already been poor and knew what being poor is like.
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by Wahala90: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
Like it or not!

Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
emmyblackky:

what the op even listed above only favoured the rich. But sai baba is doing it for the poor nigerians. Wetin concern dollar with poor man.
Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by UpLoyo: 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
ochejoseph:

As Nigerians continue to wait for the change promised by the Apician "Apostles"here is a quick look at  how Africa's biggest Economy has performed under the "apostles" of change  

1 . Nigeria De-listed By JP. Morgan ,

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/investors-love-affair-with-nigeria-wanes-as-jpmorgan-cuts-bonds

3. 60,000 Nigerian loose Jobs in the construction sub sector - NLC

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/09/08/nlc-says-60000-nigerian-workers-lost-jobs/

3. Zenith Bank  Sacks 1200 workers  in a single day  

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/4819-zenith_bank_sacks_over_1_200_employees.html

4. Naira in free Fall - Business Day

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/naira-weakens-on-black-market-as-dollar-demand-grows-2/

5. Nigerian Economy slumps - NBS

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/nigerian-economy-slows-in-q2/

6. CHINA : Nigeria's biggest Trading partner and Investor, Snubs Nigeria over Buhari’s Behaviour 

http://uncova.com/china-snubs-nigeria-over-buhari-as-it-holds-africa-investment-summit

7. Nigerian Investors loose 311 Billion in 24 hours - Daily Trust 

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/stocks-lose-n311bn-bonds-suffer-after-jp-morgan-index-expulsion/110194.html

The above is what happens when underage voters brings a man with fossilised ideas to man Africa's biggest economy.  

The sooner the APC and the sai baba broom wielding herbalists realise that these "autopilotism"  is a recipe to economic and social anarchy the better for Nigeria. 

The truth be said Buhari needs help he Should ask For it fast before things get out of hand 

NB: Before you start throwing insults read the post, before you rain abuses think , before you post nonsense use your brain it's there to be used. 

May God Continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians 

It's obvious you still have some of those expired rice left ...

Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari by 7lives: 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
permsec:
The person above me deserves to be flogged like a pupil with 0/50 scoresheet.

CHINA : Nigeria's biggest Trading
partner and Investor, Snubs Nigeria
over Buhari’s Behaviour and BODY LANGUAGE.

Nobody jokes with china bro. even the almighty America depends on china heavily for sustainability and are heavily indebted to china, talk more of you fvcking African (now underdeveloped)!

Like i always say, this country is on auto-reverse with full speed that can be compared to that of Airbus A380 all in the name of one Daura lord called SAY BARBER.

Watch the gullible avoid this thread like Ebola..

Of course they will ignore Nigeria ode no like now, China must bring their factories to manufacture their products in Nigeria this place is no longer their dumping ground.
Everywhere in China is a factory, their people are gainfully employed while our own people here are being rendered jobless everyday, any business relationship that will not favor Nigeria should be abandon abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Briefing From Osagie Ehanire And Chikwe Ihekweazu / The Lekki Tollgate Is Occupied By Journalists - Channels TV (Photo) / Edo Lady Campaigns For Obaseki By Praying (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.