Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff (34119 Views)

I Was Offered Money To Rig Bayelsa Polls, Says INEC Chief / It’s Rape Of Democracy, Says Sylva As INEC Stops Poll / Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by size40: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
RollingStones:
Jega said the elections in the state was credible and the Commission did the right thing by announcing the winner.

We created a three man team to investigate the allegations of electoral malpractice,it was not true that elections didn't take place in majority of the state,it was not true that result sheets was manipulated.

There was no evidence of malpractice or photocopied result sheets and no substantial evidence to establish alterations.

From our investigations we were satisfied that there was no substantive evidence to cancel the elections as agitated by some people,we also have people on ground and observers like TMG,and others who also gave us honest report about what happened.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jega-fraud-in-rivers-greatly-exaggerated/212074/
When did Jega say that d election in Rivers state was credible? What Jega said in Akwa Ibom in Inec retreat after d election was this, that d election in Rivers state was not as bad as they are believe. But as a Rivers indigene, I stand here to say there was no election in Rivers state. Particularly in my ward in Obi/Akpor LGA. Nobody voted in ward 12 and 13. The whole of Rumuola, Rumuadaolu, Rumuokwuta, Mgbuoba, NTA road, Rumuigbo, Rumuomoi etc. Nobody voted on d governorship election because of what happened at d RAC center in Olanada opposite Rivcas (SBS). Materials where hijacked by the PDP and police led by Kala police DPO. Besides that, all d trained ad hoc staff of Inec were all withdrawn and were all replaced by PDP members including my own elder brother who is a core PDP member.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
I will comment on this issue someday,but for now whether the election was free and fair is left for the tribunal to answer
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Bevista: 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
jomoh:
Jega had the power to simply nullify the results and and call for a rescheduled election based on the magnitude of evidence before him then but he chose to go with Wisdom which is far better than Justice
May God continue to enlarge you with Wisdom. Only discerning minds can see through what you just said.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by oganology33(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Go 2 court 2mao and listen 2 wat d next INEC staff will say. They are all Hypocrites!
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bevista:
May God continue to enlarge you with Wisdom. Only discerning minds can see through what you just said.
Bevista:
smileyi quiet agree with this..
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by oganology33(m): 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
size40:

When did Jega say that d election in Rivers state was credible? What Jega said in Akwa Ibom in Inec retreat after d election was this, that d election in Rivers state was not as bad as they are believe. But as a Rivers indigene, I stand here to say there was no election in Rivers state. Particularly in my ward in Obi/Akpor LGA. Nobody voted in ward 12 and 13. The whole of Rumuola, Rumuadaolu, Rumuokwuta, Mgbuoba, NTA road, Rumuigbo, Rumuomoi etc. Nobody voted on d governorship election because of what happened at d RAC center in Olanada opposite Rivcas (SBS). Materials where hijacked by the PDP and police led by Kala police DPO. Besides that, all d trained ad hoc staff of Inec were all withdrawn and were all replaced by PDP members including my own elder brother who is a core PDP member.

Wailing Wailer. u'll soon become a Waiting Waiter 4 d elections 2 b cancelled.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Jesusloveyou: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
jomoh:

Jega had the power to simply nullify the results and and call for a rescheduled election based on the magnitude of evidence before him then but he chose to go with Wisdom which is far better than Justice
yes wisdom is better than muscle, they would have called for total cancellation of presidential result

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by vuwodogu(f): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
Before you talk about Rivers state I think it is important to cure your ailing states under the same APC .
Come and vote in Rivers let's see if you'd be alive to narrate your ordeal.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Okobaba1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
midolian:
The startling revelations at the Rivers State Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja took a new turn today (September 11) when Charles Okoye, a staff the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC described the April 11governorship election as a charade.

Okoye, who works in the Department of Elections and Party Monitoring at Rivers State INEC, told the tribunal that the governorship election that he monitored was a mockery.

According to him, “the election we observed was warfare. It is also militant terrorism and a sham. It was a kangaroo election and a mockery of democracy.

“The election was characterised by large-scale violence and disruption of polls in many places. There were snatching of materials, nonstop shooting, allocation of figures and all kinds of impunity. 

“All these happened on April 11. What happened on that day could not have passed as an election and my observations are in that report that I signed with members of my monitoring team.

“By virtue of my position at INEC, I am eminently qualified to speak on the things that happened during the election. My duty, among other things, is monitoring of election with a view to assisting the Commission improve the electoral process.

“Over 80 observer groups reported to me, and I briefed them concerning the elections and debriefed them at the end of the elections.

“I also set up monitoring teams that went to various parts of the state on monitoring. They reported to me at the end of the day, and I was the person in the commission who dealt with all the political parties before, during and after the elections”.

Okoye also said that INEC ad-hoc staff were not properly recruited, a revelation that confirmed the position of the All Progressives Congress, APC members who had claimed that the ad-hoc staff were card-carrying members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Earlier, lawyers to INEC and the PDP had raised objections on the legality of an INEC staff serving as a witness relying on Section 51(1) of the Electoral Act. However, Chief Akin Olujimi SAN in response to their objections informed the tribunal that that portion of the Electoral Act has been removed, and therefore not binding.    

http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/11/rivers-governorship-election-%E2%80%9C-sham-mockery-democracy%E2%80%9D-says-inec-staff

To be fair, dere was no election in rivers state. It shd be cancelled outrightly and a re-run shd be conducted.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by BraniacX(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Even aalllah coupled with Buhari can't remove Wike from that seat. Go figure...

I need a re-run, Amaeshit and Damumu need to be trashed one final time.

Midoliar cheesy

CONFAM!!!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Okpueze1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
If Rivers election should be cancelled, no problem only that the President should be getting ready to step down because it was the same in most places during the presidential elections! I belong to no party but let us be once pragmatic and realistic and face the naked truth!
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by BraniacX(m): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Your useless ape of a father that gave birth to a zombie like you is the complete iidiot here.

Before you talk about Rivers state I think it is important to cure your ailing states under the same APC .
We will kill, and we'll maim anyone including our own that wants to champion anything APC in this state.
Wike must stay even if it means crippling your already bastardized economy and send your Daura dullardihnho into oblivion.

Another CONFAM!!! for you jare cool
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by jcross19: 9:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
Those opposing wike are mallams, gworo eating mofos, camel urine drinkers, and dumb ass on nairaland. Face your own state let them face theirs even allah can't take that seat from mr wike.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by ddippset(m): 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ayatullah:

You are day-dreaming. The day a re-run is announced and an acting governor put in place in Rivers, Wike will be in Abuja in shackles to answer for a lot of crime he has committed.

I will therefore advice you to tell your blood-thirsty hero to stop patching River roads, but concentrate seriously on cleansing his dirty soul before he meet his creator.
lol, you gat the wrong guy. Read my comment again.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Caseless: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
dustmalik:
Wike is as good as gone. Quote me if you like, I don't care
maazi severusSnape would definately quote u.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by K3son(m): 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
That is what happens when the other parts of the body considers the anus as insignificant or less important. When that hole go on strike, the whole body aches.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Caseless: 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Your useless ape of a father that gave birth to a zombie like you is the complete iidiot here.

We will kill, and we'll maim anyone including our own that wants to champion anything APC in this state.
Wike must stay even if it means crippling your already bastardized economy and send your Daura dullardihnho into oblivion.
I just de shake my tail. Bros , u de boil...take am easy.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Truckpusher(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
i tot u are mature, u still talk like kids. Or because u still have saTANist blood in u.
Mumu, if rerun reach make you try enter Rivers State come vote make boys kpokpo ya head.

Una dey crase. grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Truckpusher(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Caseless:
I just de shake my tail. Bros , u de boil...take am easy.
Paddy man.

How far nau? Na una people we dey talk here.

Make dem face their state for South West leave Rivers State alone if not eh e go boil o.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by tomakint: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bevista:
Jega played his role as the Elections Umpire. Let the Tribunal play its role as the Elections Arbitrator.
Most times people of your kind reason like clowns...Jonathan as sitting President had every opportunity to manipulate elections across the Country through INEC but as a gentleman he didn't, now what INEC affirm to be free and fair is now about to be upturned by one mumu FG-controlled tribunal undecided I really pity Buhari, he wants Rivers 4 Amaechi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by SeverusSnape(m): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
Caseless:
maazi severusSnape would definately quote u.
Mtcheeww... This matter has been laid to rest.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by tomakint: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Mumu, if rerun reach make you try enter Rivers State come vote make boys kpokpo ya head.
Una dey crase. grin
This attitude of Buhari/Amaechi collabo is laughable to say the least.....the question is this, Where did we have credible elections across the Nation? I don't want them to mention Kano, Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina and Kebbi because from all indicators, elections in those States were complete farce.....

1 Like

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Truckpusher(m): 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
tomakint:

This attitude of Buhari/Amaechi collabo is laughable to say the least.....the question is this, Where did we have credible elections across the Nation? I don't want them to mention Kano, Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina and Kebbi because from all indicators, elections in those States were complete farce.....
They simply think that because Jonathan conceded defeat even in the face of provocative election malpractice in the North that Rivers people and Wike would cower at the mention of federal might when the same federal might can't be sustained without that region they want in their pockets at all cost.
Rivers State is PDP's birthright and it must remain that way by fire by force.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by ogunsbanjul(m): 10:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
If only Rivers people could be as wise as Yorubas it will pay them. Dakuku is presentable, he is undentted candidate, very vocal, serious with good and uncorrupt records as commissioner and house of representative member. Remember, people candidate once said Rivers can not be in the opposition at d centre. All this camouflaged gragra road passpass is just to look for SIMPERTY votes in the rerun election. Remember those who were attacked and killed before and during d irregularities elections. Vote for d party that are not there to amass the wealth of d nation or state. Many are to be sacked if dis PDP guy eventually screened to continue to lead d state because he has started it in Bori Polytechnics and many. APC change
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Caseless: 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Paddy man.

How far nau? Na una people we dey talk here.

Make dem face their state for South West leave Rivers State alone if not eh e go boil o.
chief, I de. How ur side?
I'm not from rivers, but wike is too violent for my liking. Everybody rigged, but wike went too far.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by tomakint: 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
They simply think that because Jonathan conceded defeat even in the face of provocative election malpractice in the North that Rivers people and Wike would cower at the mention of federal might when the same federal might can't be sustained without that region they want in their pockets at all cost.
Rivers State is PDP's birthright and it must remain that way by fire by force.
Rivers and Akwa Ibom are forever lost...Buhari should forget those State

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Truckpusher(m): 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
Caseless:
chief, I de. How ur side?
I'm not from rivers, but wike is too violent for my liking. Everybody rigged, but wike went too far.
Amaechi started going too far and Wike had no choice than to teach him how local politics works.

My happiness is that we are all aware that everybody rigged and this is the crux of the matter.

Rivers people do not dislike Dakuku but as far as he's being championed by that narcist called Amaechi he'll never smell brick house and of course he's a stooge and we are not ready to escape one mad man and replace him with his boy.
Poltics aside , how far nau? That stuff make we try tidy am well Abeg make our heart free.
I hope say you dey ok sha because e dun tey wey you show face for here .
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Bevista: 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
tomakint:

Most times people of your kind reason like clowns
Dimwits and lowlifes like you cannot make a sensible point without abusing others.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Caseless: 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Mtcheeww... This matter has been laid to rest.
a ina? We are still on it. Wike is gone and that's a plus ça change.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by tomakint: 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bevista:
Nimwits and lowlifes like you cannot make a sensible point without abusing others.

Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Kingspin(m): 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
All the 2015 election was ok only Rivers is a mockey. Nigeria useless country i hail o.
Re: Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff by Caseless: 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Amaechi started going too far and Wike had no choice than to teach him how local politics works.

My happiness is that we are all aware that everybody rigged and this is the crux of the matter.

Rivers people do not dislike Dakuku but as far as he's being championed by that narcist called Amaechi he'll never smell brick house and of course he's a stooge and we are not ready to escape one mad man and replace him with his boy.
Poltics aside , how far nau? That stuff make we try tidy am well Abeg make our heart free.
I hope say you dey ok sha because e dun tey wey you show face for here .
my rivers chick is a staunch supporter of wike, if I talk bad of wike, she de vex . Me sef don hang boot ontop wike's matter. If he falls, i'll be happy sha.
Haaaa...that issue still dey? I thought it has been laid to rest.
Na my location/activity no de let me show face for here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race / Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / Nigeria Break Up Imminent, Oduduwa Republic Inevitable - Bayo Oluwasanmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.