Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

A Dangerous Love Affair. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Dangerous Love Affair. (3947 Views)

Family Affair (A Romantic Story Written By EVANS UHUNOMA) / Love Affair / My Affair With The Neighbour (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Episode 1.

Life is good, Emeka thought to himself as he raced through traffic in his sleek Mercedes. He was a tall man with a long straight nose that tapered to a fine point, his eyes were a muddy brown, and his facial features were angular; giving him the profile of a high end fashion model.

My wife is pregnant with our third child, I finally got the promotion to President that I have been waiting for since I joined Constellation Industries over ten years ago, and to top it all off I am moving to Lekki in the next few weeks; what more could a man ask for? These were the thoughts that floated through his mind as he pulled up to his office building.

It was a magnificent edifice to the will power of a single man, Mr. Vincent, the chairman of Constellation Industries had worked his whole life to build this company from the ground up and protected his investment jealously. Constellation industries had holdings across Africa which spanned diversified industries ranging from agriculture and petroleum in Nigeria, manufacturing in Ghana, mining in the Congo and a telecommunications giant that spanned over thirty other countries.

Emeka was starting his first day as president of this company and he was only 37, it was enough to fill even the humblest man with a sense of pride and accomplishment. As he stepped over the threshold of the giant double doors and strode to the elevator, people that did not know him before stood to attention as he made his way across reception. The elevator was empty and he happily pressed the button to the 30th floor, the home of his new office.

As the elevator stopped and he stepped over the threshold, his secretary welcomed him with a congratulatory statement.

“Good morning Mr. Jones and welcome to the top, Mr. Vincent is waiting for you in his office.”

“Thank you Janet, let’s make this experience spectacular.”

“I’ll do my best sir.”

Emeka walked over to where Mr. Vincent’s office was positioned and knocked timidly.

“Come in.” A voice like liquid gold called out.

“Good morning Mr. Chairman.” Emeka called promptly as he slipped through the doorway.

Mr. Vincent was an older man that was still in great shape and was somehow able to maintain an aura of youthfulness. His close cropped hair was slowly turning from grey to white and his beard looked as if a tuft of snow had been placed on his face. His physique was trim and his tailored charcoal suit only added to the aura of power he exuded. His steel grey eyes had the ability to cow the most obstinate individuals when he decided to unleash their full fury. That notwithstanding, he was an amicable man that had been able to inculcate an optimistic attitude about life even though his had been one filled with challenges. To top all this off he was naturally handsome and charming.

“Emeka, no need for such formalities anymore, you are on a different playing field now and may call me Dante.”

“Yes sir.”

“Now, I have placed a lot of faith in you by appointing you to this position, I hope you are going to deliver because the board would never let me hear the end of it if you don’t.”

“Do not worry, I will do my best and my performance will speak for itself.”

“Very good, I need you to hit the ground running, so assemble your team and get caught up on where all the companies stand in relation to each other, our long term growth strategy, and our different marketing drives; we have a meeting with the board by twelve and I expect you to be able to give tit for tat.”

“Of course.”

“You’re not in Kansas anymore are you?” Mr. Vincent said laughing as he dismissed Emeka with a wave of his hand.

Emeka quickly retreated and went to settle down in his office. As he entered his new base of operations, the first thing he noticed was the view. As he stared through the floor to ceiling windows, the sight of the majestic Atlantic Ocean with luxury yachts making their leisurely way across the lagoon greeted him. Massive Frigates that kept the country alive with precious supplies were waiting in line to be cleared at Tin Can Island and some of the braver canoe drivers from the Makoko slums braved the open seas for a more bountiful catch.

He peeled his eyes away from the view so that he could settle down to work in his brand new position as President; there was no way he was going to embarrass himself in front of the board on his first day. Emeka used the phone next to him to let Janet know that he wanted to see the heads of all the divisions in his office in twenty minutes for an impromptu meeting.

When all the people he needed were assembled, Emeka began with a short speech to set the tone for his tenure as president.

“Today begins a new era in Constellation Industries, we will no longer settle for second best in any sphere that we exert time, resources, and energy. In order to make the dreams of Mr. Vincent a reality, every one of us, including myself, will have to constantly push ourselves harder and further than we ever have until we become a peerless company. If you are not ready to put in the work that will take this company into the stratosphere then you may leave now and no one will think less of you.”

He strode over to the closed door of his office and flung it open while looking at each of the dozen or so people assembled directly in the eye. When no one took up his challenge, he nodded and continued his soliloquy.

“I am happy that we are all on the same page, now, let’s get down to the business of the day. We need to develop a comprehensive strategy that will carry this company from an average conglomerate to a peerless entity over the next ten years. Chika, as the executive Vice President of Marketing, you will open the floor and let us know where we stand.”

“Thank you sir.” She said as she easily stepped into her element.

The meeting lasted right up until the time allotted for his presentation to the board and Emeka was equipped with a sound understanding of the way the company was working as a whole and as separate business entities.

The young ambitious man found himself outside the expansive chamber that served as the meeting room for the directors of the company. Twenty four men and women that were leaders in their respective fields and society as a whole had gathered together. He took a final deep breath and stepped through the doorway with trepidation, this meeting would set the tone of his Presidency for a while to come.

Dante Vincent II, Walter Vincent, and Naomi Vincent were the principal members of the board, children of the Chairman; they took an active role in the daily affairs of the company, and knew Constellation Industries like the backs of their hands. If he needed anyone to accept him in his position as president, it was them, but they had a reputation for being hard asses.

He slowly made his way to the chair that had been left empty for him at the massive mahogany table and could feel the eyes of everyone in the room on him. As soon as he took his seat, Mr. Vincent said a short prayer and called the meeting to order.

The powerful trio wasted no time in testing his business acumen as they launched a salvo of questions at him.

“Welcome Emeka, what do you plan to do as President of this organization?” Dante started.

“I plan to increase its reach on the African Continent as well as globally.”

“How?” Naomi interjected almost before he had finished.

“I will play to our comparative strengths, we have some companies in our organization that are underperforming so instead of being mediocre in two hundred different endeavors I envision us being the first or second in only twenty different industries. That way we can concentrate our forces and use the massive human capital of Africa to our advantage.”

“Which endeavors are you planning on championing?” Walter asked coolly.

“I am glad you asked,” Emeka replied, finally warming up to the assault. “I, of course, will strengthen the agricultural industries which is the bedrock upon which this organization was built. The African countries that we do business in all have burgeoning populations and mouths to feed. Aside from that, I hope to concentrate on our alternative energy, manufacturing, construction, mining, and our telecommunications businesses to name a few.”

“Why alternative energy? Why not petroleum and coal, they have a proven track record for steady revenue.” Walter asked skeptically.

“Yes, steady revenue, but we are looking to take this company to the next level and we can only do that by being a disruptor in our field. In addition to that, petroleum and coal are nonrenewable resources and I want to establish income streams that our children’s children will be able to benefit from. We are uniquely positioned to take advantage of the new technology springing up every day. It would be a shame to crumble like other empires because we were afraid to change with the times. Under my leadership this company will become leaner, meaner, and more able to adapt to changes in the global marketplace.”

“Well” said Emeka, “it seems my father chose well, I just hope you can deliver on your many promises.” Dante said cheerfully.

With that, the tension in the room was broken and Emeka spent the rest of the meeting outlining his plans for the members of the board and bringing them up to speed about the necessary sacrifices that would need to be made.

As the meeting ended, the Chairman called him to the side and spoke two words that hardly ever escaped his mouth before leaving the office for the day.

“Well done.”

Emeka retreated to his spacious office and watched the sun sink into the Atlantic, turning the clear blue ocean into an ochre bruise.
“This is the beginning of the rise, I will build an empire that the world will be forced to acknowledge.” He mumbles to himself.

reposted from; www.elsieisy.com
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Episode 2

The transition to president has been tougher than Emeka had thought. People were either lazy or just unwilling to accept the massive change that he was trying to bring about in the company. That notwithstanding, he was undaunted, whoever was against him would be steamrolled by the force of his will.

He jumped into his sleek Mercedes after a long day of work and was relishing the time he was going to get to spend with his family. Since he took over as president, it had been nothing but late nights and early mornings; this would be the first time in a long while that he would be able to meet his children awake when he got home, not to mention they would be able to share a meal together.

As he zipped through the rush hour traffic, his mind was wandering over all of the different things that he was a part of now and how his decisions would affect the lives of thousands. It was not his fault that he was more ambitious than they or that he was not afraid to seize opportunity when he saw it. That was the way of the world either you build your dream or you help somebody else build theirs and right now he had thousands of people building his dream.

He pulled into the parking garage of his new house in Lekki, it was too new to feel like home but it would only take a few more weeks and his children would be sure to do something to mark their land. Maybe they would dig a hole in the yard or color on the walls with permanent marker he thought, smiling to himself; children will be children.

He walked down the short drive to the front door and pushed it open silently, the smell of his favorite soup greeted him and he knew instantly that Hadija, his wife, wanted to ask him for something. He was in a good mood so he might just acquiesce without much of a fight, depending on what type of meat she had chosen for the soup.

Michael and James were playing their PlayStation and noticed him as soon as he stepped around the corner that blocked the view of the front door.

“Daddy.” They shouted in unison, jumping up from their game and rushing to greet him.

“Hey boys.” Emeka said picking each of them up in turn and throwing them high into the air to the accompaniment of delighted squeals.

“Welcome home dear.” His wife said taking his briefcase and giving him a short kiss.

Even after two kids and being pregnant now, Hadija could still take his breath away. She was a little taller than average at about five feet eight inches, a height that complimented his perfectly. She had a trim curvy shape that promised just as much as it delivered in practice. Her eyes were almond shaped hazel orbs that complimented her golden brown skin perfectly. Her pointed nose, angular face, and curly hair gave away her northern roots and when everything was taken together she was simply gorgeous.

“How was your day?” Emeka asked as he followed behind her closely.

“Oh you know, same old same old, I think Michael has a girlfriend.”

“What?” he chuckled, “A girlfriend, he is only five years old and I know I was seventeen before I had my first girlfriend.”

Hadija laughed at this. “Why don’t I believe you, anyways, the times are changing; take off your suit so that we can have dinner.”

“Yes ma.” Emeka replied cheerfully.

They ate dinner together in easy conversation that close knit families engage in. Emeka grilled Michael about his “girlfriend” to the hysterical laughter of James. Hadija was busy explaining her plans for the house to Emeka and the boys and was adamant that the child in her stomach was a girl. As Emeka ate his goat meat, he knew he was in trouble because his wife had pulled out all the stops to make sure he was in a good mood. Now he was really curious as to what she wanted to ask him.

When she finished clearing the table and had joined him and the boys to watch a documentary about the mating habits of lions she decided to strike.

“Baby.” She began, and Emeka knew he had lost because for her to bring it up in front of the boys it meant that she was going to enlist their help.

“Yes love.”

“You remember when you said that we would visit your family in the US when you settled down at work?”

“Yes.” He said noncommittally.

“Well, it’s been weeks and the boys and I are really anxious to go.”

“Yea daddy, you promised.” James said, jumping in Emeka’s lap.

“Yes, I remember, and we will still go, I just need a little time to solidify my power base and get my plan moving smoothly.”

“But.” Hadija started.

“No, don’t make me feel guilty, I promised that I would take you guys and I plan on doing just that but now is not the best time.”

“Ok, when?”

“In a few more weeks, before you get too big to travel.” He said with a smile while rubbing her stomach. “Come on, I want to take a shower.” Emeka said, standing up and holding out his hand to his gorgeous wife.

A grin that made her look fifteen years old spread across her face because she knew what was waiting in the shower.
He led her up the stairs to their bedroom and slowly undressed himself. When he was clad in his birthday suit he removed the loose blouse that his wife was wearing and made short work of the trousers he had donned for the evening meal.

Emeka directed her into the large tub that sat on one side of their spacious shower and turned the tap on full, soaking her body in seconds. As he kneeled next to the tub, he poured washing gel in the standing water; with one hand he slipped the forefinger of his other hand inside of Hadija. She moaned in pleasure and adjusted her body so that he could have easier access to her treasure.

He slipped his middle finger inside of her and slowly stroked the soft tissues that encapsulated his fingers. As he drew them out he put them in her mouth so that she could taste them and he did the same.Yummy he thought.

The shower gel had worked its way into a thick lather and obscured his wife’s beautiful body from his sight. Emeka began to scrub her body with the sponge that they kept next to the tub, working his hands across her firm breasts and pinching her light brown nipples which responded to his touch by stiffening. He moved under her buttocks, around her neck, and down her perfectly sculpted legs.

“My turn.” He said abruptly as he stood and showed his pulsing erection.

“Yes, it is.” Hadija replied huskily standing up in the tub slowly and allowing the suds to run down her body.

As Emeka slipped into the tub, his wife completely ignored his engorged member and made sure that she scrubbed his entire body clean. She washed his face, neck, back, arms, legs, and abdomen thoroughly.

“Baby, I think you’re missing somewhere.” Emeka pleaded.

“Really? Where’s that?” she replied mischievously.

“There.” He said, pointing with his mouth.

“Ahh, the best for last.”

She did not use the sponge, instead she stood and stepped into the tub; slowly lowering herself while looking directly into her husband’s eyes.

Emeka moaned with satisfaction as she covered him snugly and started to rock back and forth gently; pulling and teasing him but denying him release. She was in control and he was not complaining, he just sat back and closed his eyes, allowing himself to become one with his wife.

He explored her body with his hands, a body he knew so well but never ceased to give him pleasure; even after all these years.

I really should complement her on it more often he thought to himself. Under the adept guidance of the woman that he had given his life to, he began to arrive at his climax.

“Baby.”

“Mhhmm?” she purred, thoroughly enjoying herself.

“Come with me.”

“Your wish is my command.” She replied huskily.

As they came in unison, she collapsed on top of Emeka and lay there, neither one of them moving for a while.

“Baby, come on, time to get out of the tub so I can dry us off.”

Hadija reluctantly stood and held her hands open as her husband dried them both off. He led her to the bed and wrapped her in the sheets.

“Let me go and put the boys to sleep.”

“Mmmm.” She replied groggily which drew a smile from Emeka.

After he had put the boys to bed and checked to make sure the house was secure, he laid down and the last thought that crossed his mind was I have the perfect life.
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
Episode 3

Emeka woke early the next morning, determined to allow his wife to sleep for a little longer than usual. He had finished waking and bathing the boys when his wife finally strolled into their room to find them awake, dressed, and chatting happily with their father.

“I love you.” She said.

“And I you, but you are not free yet, there are three hefty men here who need fuel.” He said as he kissed her on the cheek and patted her behind.

Emeka quickly showered and dressed so that he would be able to sit at the breakfast table with his family; something he had not done for the last few weeks.

James was an incorrigible rascal at the breakfast table and kept up a stream of antics that had Emeka holding his sides from laughter. Michael was more reserved and seemed to have an old soul in his young body. No matter how they came, they were his ilk and he would die to protect and provide for them.

“Everybody done?” Emeka called out. “I’m taking you guys to school today so mommy can rest a little while longer.”

“Yes.” The boys called out in unison.

“What have I done to deserve you?” Hadija asked her husband as he gathered the boys into his car.

“The same thing I have done to deserve you, love you unconditionally.” He said while kissing her deeply.

Emeka drove more slowly when his boys were in the car, aware that they observed everything that he did and would imbibe both the good and the bad habits.

He dropped them off at school and gave them the normal parental admonitions that drew the expected “yes sir.”
When he pulled out of the school parking lot, he stepped on the gas and allowed his Mercedes to have fun with the road, intimidating lesser cars and daring his mates to challenge him.

The parking lot of his office was almost full but he could care less, no one would dare park in his spot. As he stepped out of his car he saw his secretary, Janet, rushing to meet him.

She was wearing a little black dress that showed off her beautiful petite frame. She really is fine, I probably would have had my way with her in my younger days he thought before shaking the idea out of his head and plastering a smile on his face.

“Came to greet your president huh? I could get used to this kind of service.” He said when Janet had gotten close enough.

“Sir, we have a big problem.” She said without even attempting to smile at his joke.

“Like what?” All traces of humor gone from his face and voice.

“Remember the forensic audit that you quietly ordered that external accounting firm to perform on Constellation fisheries after the internal one came back looking funny?”

“Yes, what about it?”

“The findings just landed on my desk this morning and it appears that there has been foul play in the finance department.”

“Who else knows about this?” He asked sharply, drawing her closer and lowering his voice.

“Nobody, I have been waiting out here for a while, you know you usually come earlier than this.”

“Yes, I know, so who has been implicated in the fraud?”

“The finance chief himself, James Obinede.”

“Ah Bleep, anyone else but him would have been preferable; I need to take this direct to the Chairman. Keep this under wraps until we decide what to do.”

“Yes sir.”

“Janet, good call, bringing it directly to me.”

“Thank you sir.” She said with a smile.

Emeka races through the lobby and squeezes into the elevator just before the doors slam shut. As people get off at their respective floors he curses them for delaying him even further. At last he is at the highest floor and spills out and sprints to the Chairman’s office, only stopping long enough to pick the report from Janet’s desk.

“Emeka, what is it?” Dante asks as his president comes through the door in a huff.

“We have been betrayed, the finance chief has been siphoning huge sums of money.”

“Where is the evidence to back up your claims?” the older man asked coolly.

“Everything is inside here.” He says handing the parcel over and hoping that Janet was correct.

The Chairman looks over the report closely and his face shows that the accusations are true.

“That is why the accounts for Constellation Fisheries are hard to decipher, James has been covering up his theft for GOD knows how long. I hope that he was working alone or with a very small group because a mass purge of the finance department at this stage would be catastrophic.” Emeka says in a rush.

The Chairman does not answer him directly but picks up the phone and talks to a disembodied voice on the other end. “Summon James Obinede to my office at once, tell him that it is urgent.” To Emeka he says, “Relax my young friend, we will get this whole thing sorted out yet.”

They wait in silence for what seems like an eternity before a tentative knock sounded at the door.

“Come in.” Dante calls.

James enters the office looking lost and a little guilty to Emeka but then again it may have just been the younger man’s imagination.

“Have a seat my old friend, do you know why you have been called here James?”

“No sir.” James replies promptly.

“Are you sure? Is there anything that you have done that is not above board? Wait, before you answer, think very hard about it, because you will not get a second chance.” The chairman said in a soft voice that did little to betray his inner state.

“Sir, I do not know what this is about but I have been the finance chief for years and my actions have always spoken for themselves.”

“Is that your final answer?” Dante said, turning the full fury of his steel grey eyes on James.

“Yes sir, it is.”

“I am disappointed in you, if you would have admitted your faults, I would have given you clemency, now my conscience is clear and I will not spare you. From this day forward, you no longer work for this organization, all your benefits have been revoked, and I am ordering the EFCC to investigate you and your entire family for theft of the highest order. Thank you for showing me that men are no longer loyal, now get out of my office.”

James just sat there stunned into immobility by the gravity of his sentence and he still was not clear about what he had done.

“But sir, what have I done to deserve such?”

“You have been stealing from me for a decade you ingrate!” Dante thundered.

As he heard the word steal, James seemed to snap out of his hebetude and fully grasp the gravity of his situation.

“Please Mr. Vincent, I am sorry, I was being influenced by the devil. I beg you to have mercy on me.”

“I am a man like you, beg your maker for mercy, now get out of my office, my building, and my life.”

James needed no further urging but turned tail and fled as fast as his short legs would take him.

“Emeka, get a new finance chief within two weeks and if there is nothing else would you mind excusing me?”

“Yes sir, of course sir.” Emeka stammered, awed at how quickly Dante was able to change from a raging Chairman to a polite colleague.

The media had a field day with the company and what it fondly referred to as the incompetent directors and the upper management. Even with the bad rap that the company was getting, the applications for the position of Chief Financial Officer of Constellation Industries were coming in thick and fast.

They were able to narrow it down to the top three within the two week time-frame only by putting everything else on the back-burner and giving the hiring process their full attention. When the dust had cleared, the three candidates that had come out on top were James Oyawole an MTN veteran, Michael Ramat an Oando strongman, and Cassie Petu a rising star in the Dangote Group.

These three would go through an interview with Emeka Personally who would tender his recommendation to the board later in the day.

James Oyawole was a great candidate on paper and Emeka was intrigued to see what the man would be like in person. He was disappointed from the moment the man stepped through his door. He was short, poorly groomed and wore an ill-fitting suit. Emeka was determined to give the man a chance in spite of these apparent drawbacks.

“Mr. Oyawole, I see you have extensive experience with the Finance Department in MTN, what do you think you can bring to the table here at Constellation Industries?”

“I’m glad you asked; I will bring my years of experience on how to run a successful department.”

“The last finance chief we had brought years of experience, what will set you apart from the crowd?”

“Well, um, I, uh, have worked with a telecommunications firm similar to Constellation Telecommunications which will allow me to hit the ground running.”

“The telecommunications portion of our business is only a small part in a much larger whole, the way I see it, having so much experience in just one field may actually serve as a disadvantage for you.”

“No, I disagree”

“How so?”

“Well, umm, I think that telecommunications are the bedrock of the future.”

“Is that so Mr. Oyawole? Thank you for your time, we will get back to you with the results of your application after the board deliberates, please send in Mr. Ramat as you leave.” Emeka said, effectively dismissing the ill prepared Mr. Oyawole.

Mr. Ramat cut a better figure than Mr. Oyawole by far. He strode in wearing a navy pinstriped suit with a red tie and dark brown shoes. He was well groomed and smelled good to boot. Emeka greeted him warmly.

“Mr. Ramat, welcome, I hope you have been able to find everything to your liking.”

“Yes, you all are great hosts.”

“Yes, thank you. I can see from your CV that you have extensive experience in the oil sector, how do you feel about oil as the energy source for the future?”

“To be honest Mr. Jones, oil is a dying industry due to the fact that it is a nonrenewable resource. If the existing oil companies do not pour their resources into renewable energy sources soon, then they will be dead in the water before twenty years runs out.”

“That is an interesting take on your home sector; having such specialized knowledge in your industry can be an advantage or a drawback, how will you be able to impact constellation industries?”

“As you said yourself, it can be an advantage or a drawback but I think that it is an advantage, since Constellation Industries is consolidating and focusing on a few growth sectors, I believe my insights will be able to steer the organization clear of certain pitfalls that may otherwise be overlooked. In addition to that, finance is finance and I am quite good at what I do.” He finished with a smile

Cocky bastard, Emeka thought, But I do like him.

They continued like this for a while and Emeka dismissed the man with genuine fondness and felt that the next candidate would really need to wow him to displace Mr. Ramat.

Ms. Petu strolled in just as he had completed the thought and he knew that this young woman had to be something else. She wore a floor length brown dress that managed to show off every sensual curve of her body while complementing her sun kissed yellow skin. The woman did not walk; she sashayed across the room to where Emeka sat. When she plopped down in the seat provided for her, she licked her bright full lips and tweaked her long pointed nose in preparation for the onslaught that was about to come.

“Ms. Petu, you seem to have risen through the ranks of Dangote Group rather quickly, why did you decide to leave?”

As she prepared to answer, Emeka could not help but take in the soft curve of her long neck and the way her heart shaped face complemented her round eyes and soft dimples.

“To be honest Mr. Jones, there was no room for disruption there, they are stuck in their ways and are not ready to compete with the best in the world. The best in Africa maybe, but not the best in the world.”

“So you feel that you can compete with the best in the world Ms. Petu?”

“Absolutely.”

“What can you bring to our finance department?”

“Disruption.”

“Pray tell.” Emeka said leaning forward in his chair.

“Mr. Jones, we are on the cusp of something that Africa has never had the opportunity to experience before. The ability to tap directly into the global marketplace and poach the best and brightest and truly compete on a global level. In order to do that there needs to be a shift in thinking, we need to purge the old guard and make room for the new generation that believes that anything is possible. When I heard that a thirty seven year old man was heading up Constellation Industries, I knew that I had found a company with visionary leadership.”

“Ms. Petu, flattery will get you nowhere.” Emeka said with a smile.

Cassie, in addition to being a beautiful young woman, had a keen mind and natural business acumen. She explained to Emeka her vision for a new type of Company in the Sub Saharan region and felt that this was the only organization that was forward thinking enough to bring it about.

Many of her ideas were in line with his own, so it was no wonder that they were able to slip into an easy banter that lasted well over an hour. When Emeka looked up, he was surprised to see that Janet was signaling to him that it was time to present his recommendation to the board.

“Ms. Petu, it has been a pleasure, but duty calls and I must call an end to this chat. You will be notified before the week runs out whether you are a fit for the organization or not.”

“Thank you Mr. Jones, it has been a pleasure speaking with a keen mind all the same.” She replied while standing to leave.

As she turned around she allowed him to take in the beautiful sight of her backside as she sashayed out of his large office.

“That one is trouble.” Janet said as she strolled into his office to drop some files on his desk.

“I know, but she has the sharpest mind I have seen in a very long time.”

“So you are going to hire her?”

“Yes, I think I will, it’s time to break the status quo.”

watchout for episode 4

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 12, 2015
Episode 4

“Mr. Vincent, We have made more progress over these last few months than even I thought was possible. The twenty businesses that we have chosen to pursue are in position for expansion and the ones that are not a good fit for the company are now being sold off at premium rates. This means that we will have even more resources to become the best in the world.”

“I know Emeka and I can see the wisdom of your plan but it is still hard, watching a company you have spent your entire life building being sold off to the highest bidder.”

“I can only imagine how you feel but as long as you are secure in the fact that it is for the best then nothing else matters.”

“Yes, it is as you say.” Mr. Vincent sighed.

“If you will excuse me sir, I need to get back to work.” Emeka said standing.

“Yes yes of course.” Came the muddled reply from The Chairman.

Emeka strolled leisurely to his office, now comfortable in his position as the President and happy that the pieces were falling into place. He stopped in front of his secretary’s desk and asked her to call his chiefs for an impromptu meeting.

The three people that he wanted to see were assembled in his office within a few moments. Chika Ordu the Vice President of Marketing, Michael Patterson the Operations Director, and Cassie Petu the newly hired Finance Chief.

“Welcome everyone, have your seats so that we can begin and you all can get back to the tasks that I interrupted.” Emeka started. “As you all know, we are slightly ahead of schedule and we are building momentum. Once we can sell off the remaining companies that are under performing we will be able to pursue the expansion of the big twenty in earnest.”

“Sir, what will we do with the employees in the companies that we are selling off?” Michael asked.

“We snatch up the best ones and allow whoever buys the company to decide what they want to do with the rest.”

“Now, we will start a relatively long merger and acquisition phase. In order to get a hold of some of the newer technologies we are going to have to make some strategic investments.”

“Not a problem Mr. Jones, I took the liberty of engaging in tentative talks with some of the larger financial institutions and they are ready to support us wherever we go; they believe in your vision.” Cassie chimed in.

“Good work Cassie, I love it when my team takes the initiative. Chika, how are we looking, does the common man buy the idea of us becoming a “smaller” company?”

“Yes, they actually think that we are in trouble because we are selling off all of our assets but I have been able to contain the damage by making sure our products stay in front of them at all times. They see and hear about us in their homes, on the way to work, and even at work. In the back of their minds, they know we are here to stay.”

“Very good, everything seems to be more or less in order. We have three targets for the rest of this year; secure financing for a merger with an alternative energy company in Spain that will give us the rights and the expertise to pursue an energy source they discovered out there; something that has to do with lasers and vibrations in the ether. Next, we need to make sure the sale of the companies goes off without a hitch, I want this company to remain scandal free, at least for the next few quarters. Lastly, I want us to extend our ten year plan into a twenty year plan. Is everyone clear?”

“Yes sir.” They replied in unison.

“In other news, you all know that my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl recently, I want to invite each one of you to the Christening party; Janet will forward the invitations to each of you.”

“Sounds like fun.” Michael said.

“I’ll be sure to make it.” Chika replied.

“If there is nothing else, then you all are free to go.” Emeka said with a smile.

As the other two stood up to leave, Cassie hung back and Emeka could not help but notice how the grey dress she wore hugged her body like a second skin and she really did have a nice body.

“Emeka, can I ask you something, something personal?”

“Sure Cassie, what is it?” he said, motioning for her to sit back down.

She sat down and leaned forward giving Emeka a nice look down the front of her dress.

Bleep, this woman is too damn fine Emeka thought ruefully.

“How do you know when a man loves you?” She asks.

“Mmm, I would say that you know a man loves you when he does more than you ask him to. Men do very little for women that we have less than pure feelings for.” He replied honestly.

Cassie slightly parted her full pink lips and trailed her tongue across them while pondering what he said.
Does this woman know how sexy that is? Emeka mused.

“So, if my man is lazy then he does not love me?”

“No.” Emeka chuckled. “For instance, maybe he holds doors open for you to pass through or he helps you wash the dishes at home or he cleans up so you can rest awhile. These are not the end all be all of love but they are a pretty good indication.”

“Hmmm.” The young woman mused as she tapped her chin in thought and uncrossed her legs.

This babe wants to seduce me I’m sure, look at the soft skin on the inside of her thighs; Lord have mercy, I’m a married man. He thought as he stood abruptly to end the interaction.

“Cassie, whatever it is between you and your man, I’m sure he will come to his senses, you’re a beautiful young woman and anyone would be happy to have you. I’ll be expecting you at my party in a few weeks and if there is nothing else I need to get back to work.”

“Yes, of course, thank you for your time, I’ll be sure to make it.” She replied.

As she moved to go, the strap of her heel came loose and instead of bending at the knees to lace it back she bent at the waist; giving Emeka an unobstructed view.

This lady should get out of my office before she starts what neither one of us will be able to finish.

Emeka leaves the office for his weekend getaway wondering what type of seductress he hired so many weeks ago. When he pulls into the driveway of the house that finally feels like home to him, all thoughts of the office are expelled from his mind.

The boys are just as rowdy as ever and trip over each other to greet him.

“Daddy Daddy, can we go to the beach tomorrow?” Michael asked.

“Beach, don’t you guys want to spend a relaxing day at home so that your old man can rest his weary bones?”

“Who is old?” James quipped.

“I am, where is your mother?”

“She is bathing Phoebe” Michael replied.

“Have you guys finished your homework?”

“Dad, it’s the weekend, please do not spoil it for us.” James said playfully.

“Alright alright, let me go and see the queen and the princess.” He chuckled.

He extricated himself from the clutches of his sons and took the steps two at a time; ready to see the two most important women in his life. He found his wife bent over a baby tub inside of their larger tub and she did not hear him approaching. He slipped his arms around her and kissed her on the back of her neck.

“How is my queen?”

“Tired, how is my king?” she replied.

“Just as tired, but let me help you bathe the princess.”

“Your wish is my command your grace.” His wife said as she handed him the washcloth and sat down on the side of the tub.

Emeka was besotted by the child he looked at now, her small hands and feet, the eyes that barely opened, and the fragile grip. They all made Emeka love his daughter even more than life. He was infinitely grateful to his wife for giving him three beautiful healthy children.

“Hadija, what is that part of law that deals with families?”

“Ummm, family Jurisprudence I think.”

“You know that in the very rare case that we split up, I’m going to take Phoebe right? I just want to make that abundantly clear. You know how fathers and their daughters are.”

“Ehh, you can have her, I will be fine with my two boys.” She replied while giving him a playful punch.

“Thank you Hadija.”

“For what exactly?”

“For coming into my life.” He replied with a husky voice while never taking his eyes off little Phoebe.

“You’re welcome Mr. Man; I guess I’m thankful for you as well.”

He finished bathing Phoebe and wrapped her in her evening clothes in time to prepare for dinner. As he sat at the head of his table, he was the happiest man alive, everything was just perfect but for some reason an image of Cassie flashed across his mind.

The weekend went by quickly, on Saturday he spent the day at the beach with his family and watched as Michael and James found unique ways to entertain them. He refused to let anyone else hold his daughter; his infatuation with her was still too strong. He surprised himself by thinking what his child would look like if Cassie had been the mother. A thought that he quickly dispelled from his mind.

All too soon, it was Sunday night and his idyllic weekend had come to an end.

“Can I sue my office for making me work so hard?” He asked his wife before he left the room for her and his daughter.

“On what grounds?”

“Emotional distress, they are forcing me to leave my family five days a week.”

“Well, I don’t know if you would win but I will make sure you have a stellar defense.”

“Aren’t you a little rusty?” he asked skeptically.

His reply was a large pillow being thrown at his face.

“Goodnight dear.” He said with a laugh.

“Goodnight my king.”

“Goodnight princess.” He said, kissing both of them.

(to b continued in episode 5)

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Mario1983(m): 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
wow nice write up, following

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 13, 2015
Episode 5.

“It’s a lovely day for a party babe, how many people are coming from your office again?” Hadija asked for the fourth time, revealing how nervous she was.

“Oh, about fifteen or twenty, they should start arriving at any moment.” Emeka replied.

Today would mark the Christening of his little princess and he wanted it to go off without a hitch. A few minutes after he utters the words, he hears the first horn at his gate.

“Hassan, see who is at the gate.” He calls down to his gateman.

“Yes Oga.” The man replies as he runs to fulfill his orders.

As he opens the gate, a pale blue Mercedes G wagon zips inside, only one man would have the audacity to enter his compound like that. Emeka runs downstairs to greet his childhood friend Jonathan.

“John, you old rascal, I thought you would be out of town.”

John was a dark man with striking good looks, a wide powerful frame and a height that would intimidate lesser men. Emeka’s ace.

“I couldn’t miss my niece’s christening now could I? I took the red eye from Accra to make it back in time.”

“Thanks man, it wouldn’t be the same without you, there is a young lady coming that I think you will like.”

“Oh really, you know John likes women too much.” Hadija interjected into their conversation as she hugged John.

“Oh, there is the little princess, if only you knew how much your father talks about you.” John said to Phoebe as he snatched her from Hadija and cradled her in his arms.

“Let’s get you settled in then, the boys have missed you.” Emeka said, draping his arm over the shoulders of his oldest and greatest friend.

“Those boys, are they still tyrants?”

“Would you have them any other way?” Emeka quipped.

The guests started arriving quickly after that; the Vincent’s came at the same time but with four different cars. Chika came with two of her children and Michael came with his entire brood. The house was quickly filling up when Cassie arrived.

It was Emeka that answered the door for her.

“Hey Cassie, welcome to my humble abode.” He said amicably as he took in the way the green sundress she wore complemented her skin; it had a way of making all of her assets move in just the right manner.

“Thanks for having me Emeka.” She replied with a quick hug and a smile.

He led her into the house and found a drink for her while she chatted with his two boys animatedly.

“Who is that? The lady is gorgeous.” His wife asked.

“That is my finance chief that will soon fall for the charms of John.”

“The way I see it, he has his work cut out for him.”

“That has never stopped him before now has it?”

“Well no, I guess not. I’m going to go and talk to her.”

“Play nice.” Emeka warned his mischievous wife.

“Don’t I always?” She shot back over her shoulder.

Emeka went to track down his best friend and found him sitting with the Vincent’s telling one of his incredibly engaging stories. Emeka had to admit, his friend was a charming person when he wanted to be.

“Emeka, I had no Idea that your friend John was so entertaining.” Mr. Vincent said

“Yea, he has a way with words.” Emeka replied evasively.

“I think he likes Naomi, he obviously has no idea that she will be the man in the relationship.” Walter said coyly.

“If she would go out and make the money while I sit at home and watch the children then I have no problem with her being the man in the relationship.” John said coming to the rescue of Naomi and drawing peals of laughter from everyone gathered.

“Do you all mind if I steal John for a moment?” Emeka asked.

“Not at all.” The family replied together.

Emeka grabbed John and led him back into the house so that he could introduce him to Cassie.

“Remember that lady I said I would introduce you to?”

“Yes, is she around now?”

“Yep, she is chatting with my wife over there.” He said pointing. “The one in the green dress, she is something right?”

“Yes she is, what are you waiting for? Introduce us already.” Jonathan replies, practically salivating.

“Hello ladies, mind if I interject?” Emeka said cutting off their conversation. “Cassie, I need to steal my wife for a few moments but don’t be disappointed, I have brought someone to keep you company. Cassie, this is Jonathan Balogun; John, this is Cassie Petu. Now if you will excuse us my wife and I have guest to entertain.”

“Nicely played Mr. Jones.” His wife said playfully as they walked away hand in hand.

“Thank you Mrs. Jones, how did you like her?”

“She is intelligent and I can see that she has a stubborn streak.”

“Better for john, maybe she will be the one to tame him, finally get him to settle down.”

“Only time will tell.” Hadija said wistfully.

The party proceeded smoothly throughout the rest of the day and Cassie and John proved to be inseparable. Emeka caught himself staring at the new couple more than once throughout the day and his wife caught him staring as well. She wore a bewildered look on her face whenever she saw him staring in their general direction.

At long last, night had fallen, the children were sleepy, and it was time for the guests to go to their respective homes. Emeka, Hadija, and their beautiful children stood at the door of their house to see the guests off. They filed one by one with warm words and congratulations for their hosts.

“This one will give you many sleepless nights in a few years.” Mr. Vincent said as he pinched Phoebe’s cheeks fondly.

“There is still time yet.” Emeka shot back.

“Thanks for a wonderful day Emeka, Mrs. Jones, and Pheobe.” Cassie called as she kissed the babies forehead and filed out.

“Emeka, good looking out man, I’m about to go for a night cap.” He said conspiratorially.

It was Hadija who answered. “Go easy on the poor girl John, you only just met.”

“Easy is for wimps, Carpe Diem baby.” John said playfully as he ducked through the door to catch up with Cassie.

The rest of the guests filed out with similar words and before long the house was empty. Emeka carried Phoebe upstairs and left his wife to wrestle with her tired sons. After the children had been put to bed, Hadija finally spoke up about what had been bothering her throughout the day.

“Emeka, I don’t like the way you look at Cassie, there is lust in your eyes.”

Shit, have I been that obvious or has this woman grown more perceptive since having Phoebe? He thought in a panic.

“What, that is nonsense, you are the only woman I have eyes for. Well, you and Phoebe.”

“I’m serious Emeka, I know what I saw today, and I am worried because you all work so closely together.”

“There is absolutely nothing for you to worry about, have I done or said anything that would make you doubt my fidelity?”

“No, but.”

“I am yours and you are mine. There is nothing else to say on the matter.” Emeka said while drawing her close and kissing her deeply.

“One more thing.” She said, pushing him away slightly.

“What?” he said, raising one eyebrow.

“I want to go back and practice law, remember you said that once we finished having children I could start working again.”

“You just had Phoebe, she is still breastfeeding for crying out loud.”

“I do not mean that I will start applying tomorrow but I want you to know that I am still serious about restarting my career.”

“I understand baby, just wait until Phoebe is a little older and we can work it out from there.”

“You promise?”

“I thought that was why you even brought it up in the first place.”

“I guess it is.” Hadija said with a chuckle.

“It’s been six weeks right?”

“Six weeks?”

“Yea, since you had Phoebe.”

“Yea, what about it?”

“Daddy is hungry.” Emeka said, grabbing his wife around the waist.

“Ahh.” She squealed playfully, trying to get away from his strong grip.

“Nope, this beast must be fed.” Emeka said with lust in his eyes.

“But Phoebe might wake up.”

“Bah, I have never seen a baby that sleeps as deeply as her, come and give daddy his due.” Emeka said as he pulled her shirt over her head and planted sweet kisses all over her body.

She couldn’t resist for long and melted into his arms, ready to consummate their marriage one more time.

continued in episode 6.
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2015
Episode 6

The weeks and months moved by rapidly, blending together as the master framework that the president set up so long ago began to take a definite shape. The strain on Emeka was incredible and it was not uncommon for his team to be forced to work late into the night or even on weekends. The results they were seeing as a result of their tireless efforts were nothing short of phenomenal.

Emeka and his top advisors, Cassie, Chika, and Michael grew closer than ever because they had to spend hours and hours together. They almost had no choice but to grow fond of each other. Unfortunately, the closer they grew to each other, the further they grew from their respective families. Chika’s husband was in an uproar and was trying to force her to quit because he felt that she was neglecting her responsibilities as a wife and a mother. Michael was losing touch with his sons who were in that critical adolescent stage that required the firm hand of guidance from a male figure.

The president himself felt like a stranger in his own home; instead of getting home and being greeted by his three young children and sitting down to a hot meal, he was forced to endure cold cuts. His children were sleeping when he came home at night and sleeping when he went out in the morning. He was missing the most beautiful moments with Phoebe; her first steps, her first words, and her first understanding.

Emeka was raising two energetic boys over the phone and slowly, almost imperceptibly, his influence was waning in their lives. Hadija was supportive but Emeka knew that the strain was beginning to take its toll on the amazing woman the he loved so dearly.

The only person that seemed to be unperturbed by the whole situation was Cassie, the one advantage of being a single woman was that there was no man to answer to in times like this. John, now her boyfriend, took that serendipitous meeting at Phoebe’s party and turned it into a love affair that would make the most devout nun blush. They were dating full time now and John seemed to be more smitten with Cassie than he had a right to be.

“Cassie,” Emeka called from the doorway of her office. “Have you finished the projections from Johnson Acquisition? We need to tackle the board in an hour.”

“Emeka, are you worried? I have never seen you break a sweat before, do you need a back rub?” she asked with a warm smile.

“To be honest, I wouldn’t mind.”’

“Ahh, come here you big baby, let me help you with that but make sure you don’t tell Hadija; I’m not sure she would be too pleased.” Cassie said fondly.

“My lips are sealed.”

Emeka crossed the threshold that he had been teetering on and closed the door behind him. As Cassie stood to vacate her seat for him, his eyes slipped to the soft yellow skin of her upper thighs that her dress temporarily exposed.

“Have a seat Mr. President, let your lowly servant cater to you.”

“Servant yes, lowly no.” He replied with a chuckle while removing his grey jacket and plopping down in ergonomic chair.

“Whatever you say.” She replied as she began to knead his tense shoulders with her dexterous hands.

“Mmmm.” Emeka purred in pleasure. “If this is what John has been keeping to himself, then I will just have to steal you from him.”

“Humph, these types of massages are not given out lightly; John has never experienced it before. As for the stealing,I don’t want your wife to steal my life after you steal my body.”

“Hadija does not have a violent bone in her body.” Emeka replied with a laugh.

“So says the man who wants to have an affair.” She replied while rolling her eyes.

“So what kind of people do you give these massages to?” He asked, quickly changing the topic.

“Those that deserve them.”

“So I deserve it?”

“More than you know Mr. President.” She said while allowing her breast to caress the back of his neck.

Uh oh, I’m in trouble now he thought.

“Glad to see somebody around here appreciates me.” Emeka replied, covering one of her hands kneading his shoulder with his own.

“I’m sure you already know that.” She whispered softly in his ear.

Ah man, this is turning me on, let’s go there

“Yea, but it’s good to hear it, especially from you.”

“I’m sure you hear it all the time.”

“Yea, but not from individuals as capable as you,” he murmured while leaning back in the chair to come in contact with her soft body.

“Flattery will get you everywhere Mr. President” she replied as she inclined into his movement.

So she is thinking the same thing as me huh?

“I would rather get there by action.”

“Every woman loves a man of action.”

“Action without hesitation.” He said, spinning around suddenly so that he was facing her in the chair.

It’s time to go for broke.

He looked into her eyes; eyes full of lust, confusion, and longing but before he could do what he knew he shouldn’t be doing, a knock sounded at the door. It was saving him and frustrating him at the same time. The seduction was broken and he scrambled to his feet to save face and slide out of the compromising position that he had placed himself.

“Yes, come in.” Cassie said without missing a beat.

“Miss, the files you requested on the Johnson acquisition.” Her assistant said as she shuffled inside with a thick manila folder.

“Thank you, drop it here on my desk.”

“Always working I see.” Emeka said as the assistant left without a backwards glance. “I guess it’s time to go and face the board.“

“I guess so.” She replied stoically.

They marched together to the large boardroom like nothing had happened between them; business as usual. They met Michael and Chika on the way to the meeting and all four of them entered to confront their bosses; only Cassie and Emeka aware of the electricity that threatened to consume them.

When Emeka arrived at his house that night, dark and quiet as usually, his children were already asleep and Hadija was exhausted from her day. He sat at the kitchen table and ate leftovers that he quickly warmed. His thoughts kept replaying the scene in Cassie’s office and who knew that he was becoming lost in her seduction.

As the week progressed, he tried his best to avoid her but it was impossible to avoid someone that you worked so closely with. At best, he made sure that he always met her when there was at least another person present. That way, a “mistake” was unlikely to happen. Even with these precautions, their eyes constantly consummated their desires. Her light brown ones were a pool of unfulfilled desire and his were a calmly smoldering lake of fire, ready to devour the first creature that crossed their shores.

Over the weekend, the first one that he has been able to spend with his family in a long time, he realizes just how bad the situation at home has become. His little princess barely knows him and cries and thrashes in his arms whenever he picks her up. His boys go through the perfunctory process of respect that is his due as their father but the former light banter is gone.

“Hadija, what is happening? My children treat me like a stranger and Phoebe does not even like me, let alone love me. What have I done to deserve this?”

“Emeka, my love, you have given your heart to your company and your family cannot compete.”

“But I do it all for you and my children.” He cried remorsefully.

“I know but they are children, how can you expect them to understand? All they know is that they only see their father on Sundays and even then he is not there.”

“Is that how you feel too?”

“My husband has not touched me in months and sex is the farthest thing from his mind. I sometimes wonder if you have found another woman or are no longer attracted to me, then I have to remind myself that you are in love with your work above all else.”

“Hadija, my love, how can you say such a thing? You know better than anyone else that I would sacrifice any and everything if it meant the survival of this family.”

“I know.” She said in a small voice picking at the edge of the green blouse she wore.

Emeka looked at his beautiful wife sitting next to him, even the distance between them when they sat down on the couch was growing; she was becoming a stranger as well. He looked at his children and felt a pang of sorrow; was it his destiny to raise children that did not know him?

“Let’s go to the US.”

“What?” Hadija said startled.

“Let’s go on that vacation that I have been promising for too long.”

“When?” She asked with a smile that chased the years from her face.

“Give me two weeks so that I can give them a heads up at the office and delegate the major issues.”

“O baby!” She shouted as she wrapped her arms around her husband.

“Kids, daddy is taking us on vacation to the US.”

“Really?!” James shouted.

“When?” Michael shot back.

“Two weeks.” Emeka replied.

“Thank you daddy.” The boys said in unison as they jumped into his arms.

I will get my family back if it’s the last thing I do

continued in episode 7

2 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Culin(f): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
Nice piece, but try to use one tense in your narratives
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
Culin:
Nice piece, but try to use one tense in your narratives

ok, tanx oyinem

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Scarcity234: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
Let episode 7 load faster

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Missmossy(f): 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
Interesting piece!!!

Thumbs up missbeebee, more wisdom to you.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Episode 7

Emeka; the president of one of the largest conglomerates in Africa, the father of three beautiful children, and the husband to a caring wife lounged on Miami Beach. He observed as his two sons James and Michael led their baby sister Phoebe to the edge of the ocean where she squealed in amazement at the luxury yachts that were docked at sea.

They were enjoying the last few days of their vacation before going back home to endure the daily grind of working life, but the time they had spent together and with their extended family had been priceless. He was finally able to hold his daughter without her crying and the easy speech between him and his sons had returned once again.

He looked to his left and caught himself staring at a woman with what he considered a perfect body; long legs, beautiful thighs, flat stomach, voluptuous breasts, flawless skin bronzed by the Miami sun, and a warm smile that invited him to do more than look. It was his wife, Hadija. More than that, she had an amazing mind, it was her mind and personality that made him fall in love with and eventually marry her.

The turmoil and distance they had been experiencing in their marriage had evaporated as soon as they had been able to spend some real quality time together. In addition to remembering why he had fallen in love with her, he made love to her over and over and over again during the course of their short vacation.

“We go back home tomorrow.” Emeka said taking her hand in his and kissing it.

“I know, I wish we could stay here forever.” She sighed wistfully.

“Ha, I’m sure my family would not relish the idea of supporting us when our money runs out.”

“We could get jobs; I would work at McDonalds and you could work at Walmart.”

“It seems you have given this a lot of thought.” He replied with a smirk.

“Oh, just a little.” She smiled.

“Sounds like fun.”

“Thank you dear.” Hadija whispered earnestly.

“For what?”

“For this, all of this.” She answered waving her hand to take in their surroundings. “I know that you work so hard for us and I have no right to complain but sometimes I wish we could go back to the old days when it was just you and me in our one bedroom apartment.”

“Yea, everything was so much easier then huh?”

“Yes, we did not have a care in the world. Now, every morning when we wake up we are consumed with the realities of this harsh world.”

“I know it baby, but I can’t say that I would change anything because then we may not have those three beautiful children you see over there.” Emeka replied pointing at the laughing children on the beach.

“You are right, nothing can replace that gift.”

“Michael, pick up your sister, we need to go to the hotel and prepare for our flight tomorrow.” Emeka called out as he stood and helped his wife do the same.

The vacation was over and it was back to business as usual. Emeka looked up at his magnificent office building for the first time in two weeks and was filled with a sense of foreboding, as if he was slowly walking into a trap that would change his life in ways he could not imagine.

I am equal to any task that can be thrown my way.

As he stepped away from his car, the first and last person he wanted to see was sauntering towards him. Cassie wore a blue form fitting dress and black heels that added to her already prodigious height. Emeka thought that he had gotten over the attraction he had developed for this beautiful young woman but when he saw her he knew that he had only been fooling himself. If anything, she had gotten more alluring over the last fourteen days.

“Hey boss, how was your family vacation?”

“It was wonderful Cassie, makes me wonder why I don’t go on them more often.”

“That’s good to hear, you look good by the way.”

“How have you guys held up on this end?” He said changing the subject and ignoring her last statement.

“Oh you know, we put out a few fires, nothing to write home about.”

“Capable as always, shall we?” Emeka said, leading her into the building that they called home more often than not.

“Are you excited about your trip to Spain with the chairman this evening?” Cassie asked conversationally as they stepped onto the elevator.

“To be honest, I’m not in the mood to travel again so soon but duty calls, what choice do I have.”

“You could quit.” She quipped

“So you can become the top dog, not likely.” He returned with a smile.

“This is my stop, see you before you go?” Cassie asked at the elevator came to a rest at her floor. “To get you caught up on what’s been going on in your absence.” She added when she saw that Emeka hesitated.

“Sure Cassie, that will be fine.”

He stepped out of the elevator on the top floor and cut a direct path to his office, Emeka knew the paperwork there would be daunting.

“Mr. Jones, here is a catalogued list of everything on your desk arranged in order of priority, welcome back.” Janet said as soon as he came within range.

“Thank you Janet, I do not know what I would do without you!”

“Probably nothing, I’m a superwoman.” She replied with a smile.

“That you are.” Emeka agreed with a fond smile.

The man slipped over the threshold of his office and a short gripe escaped his lips. The mountain on his desk would take just as long to clear as it took to produce.

Nothing to it but to get to work then.

After working for a few hours and making considerable progress, Emeka checked his watch and decided that it was time to meet the chairman and get going on their trip. He strolled out of his office and into Mr. Vincent’s without a second thought.

“Good morning sir, are you ready for our journey?” He said to the seated man without preamble.

“Ah Emeka, I think I’m as ready as I will ever be.”

“Sounds good, shall we?”

“We shall.” The old man said standing up with some difficulty.

This was the first time Emeka had been in Spain and he had the privilege of landing in the capital itself. Madrid was the most stunning city he had ever been in and home to one of his favorite football clubs, Real Madrid.

“Enjoying yourself?” Mr. Vincent asked as he noticed the excited way Emeka looked out of the window of their car.

“Thoroughly, as soon as we finish the deal to buy La Casa Groupo I will explore this city and buy my family souvenirs.”

“Your family is lucky to have a man such as you.”

“It is I who am lucky to have them sir.”

“Good point, well-made Mr. Jones.” Mr. Vincent said with a smile.

They arrived at the offices of La Casa Groupo where a few of their team members that had flown down in advance were waiting for them. As Dante and Emeka arrived, the entire party was quickly ushered into the company boardroom where they sat for hours, hashing out the finer points of the acquisition.

When they were finally able to come up for air, La Casa Groupo was firmly in the possession of Constellation Industries; they now had a strong presence in Europe and a promising alternative energy program; everything was falling into place just as the president had planned.

“You did well in there Emeka.”

“Thank you Dante.”

“Shall we go and get an early dinner?”

“We shall, I have always liked Spanish cuisine.” Emeka replied amicably.

As they settled down at the magnificently appointed restaurant, Emeka found himself staring at decadence that surrounded him. Dante let out a friendly guffaw when he noticed how unaccustomed his young companion was to their surroundings.

“Don’t worry, the company is paying.” The old man said with a wink.

“I came from very humble beginnings and to be dining here with you is truly amazing. I am just happy that I can give my family what they truly deserve.”

“You have earned it so enjoy it my young friend. Your family is truly amazing; cherish them as I failed to do my own.”

“But you work with your family every day and I have seen you all interact.”

“That is our public face, my children hold no deep love for me and I have been estranged from their mother for decades. When I was young, about your age, I allowed temptation to overpower me. I committed the ultimate sin in marriage; adultery. It may have been different if it only occurred once but I carried on multiple affairs over the course of decades.”

This man is hitting the nail on the head, this is a warning about Cassie and I.

“So what finally happened, what ended them all?”

“Well, my former wife was aware of a few but she had no idea about the true scope. It was not until Dante, my son, was in his early twenties that he found out the depth of my betrayal and reported me to the rest of the family. It tore us apart and the mother of my children could not take the shame, disgrace, and other feelings that come with being betrayed. She left me and poisoned the minds of my children against me.”

“Wow.”

“No, Emeka, do not pity me, it was the natural course of events for my actions; I know that now. That is why it makes me so happy when I see you together with your family but you must understand that one moment of unmitigated lust, passion and desire can destroy it all. So please, do not do anything to jeopardize what you now have. Once the love and trust they have for you is gone then it is almost impossible to get it back.”

This man is deep.

“Sorry, I launched into a soliloquy that is too dreary for this fine repast that has been placed in front of us. Let’s eat.”

“With pleasure Dante.” Emeka said, still trying to absorb the gravity of what the old man had just confided in him.

As Emeka eats his food, he makes a silent vow to never allow the temptations of the flesh to destroy the life he has built with his family.

continued in episode 8

3 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Missmossy:
Interesting piece!!!

Thumbs up missbeebee, more wisdom to you.
tanx dear
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Missmossy(f): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2015
Words of wisdom spoken by Dante, you are doing a wonderful job missbeebee. Keep it coming cheesy
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
You're doing so good. Just reduce the updates till the readers comment.
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Mario1983(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by OluwabuqqyYOLO (m ): 12:07pm
You're doing so good. Just reduce the updates till the readers
comment.

hey what's wrong with, thank god you are not a writer you would have been asking for money to update
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Richie0974: 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
Am starting to like the literature section,nice one.
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:56am On Sep 15, 2015
Mario1983:
hey what's wrong with, thank god you are not a writer you would have been asking for money to update
You bet. If I am, I would so too ask for lucre.

Richie0974:
Hi, boss.
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Richie0974: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Hi, boss.

Hey, bro.
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2015
Am loving this...
U are good.
Keep it coming
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 18, 2015
Richie0974:

tanx Richie.
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 18, 2015
Mario1983:
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by OluwabuqqyYOLO (m ): 12:07pm
You're doing so good. Just reduce the updates till the readers
comment.

lolzzz
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Episode 8

After landing back home, Emeka has a new outlook on what it means to be a man in a position such as his. Temptation would come but it was up to him to resist and if he failed then he could blame no one but himself for what may come afterwards. The ambitious man is picked up from the airport by his wife and his little girl.

His bundle of joy is growing faster than the two boys were and she is as sprightly as they come.

“Hey baby, welcome home.”

“Thank you dear, how has everything been?”

“Your daughter has been harassing me, she has been looking for you.”

“Is that right? You missed daddy huh?” He asked the infant he held in his arms “Don’t worry, daddy is back now.” He said as he tickled her, drawing a smile from both the child and her mother.

“How was Spain? I hope you took a whole bunch of pictures.”

“You know I’m not a picture person but to make it up to you guys I bought a whole lot of souvenirs.”

“Emeka, I wanted to see how Spain looks.” Hadija pouted in a way that made her even cuter.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take you there very soon.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.” He replied.

It’s good to be home.

He enjoyed his night back with his family for the few hours that it lasted and continued to tell himself that he would resist all temptations that would have the power to tear apart the beauty that he had worked so hard to create.

The next day at work, business continues as usual. With or without him at the helm, Constellation Industries would continue to prosper, he just preferred to be the one in charge. It did not take long for him to see the siren that embodied carnal temptation.

Cassie strolled into his office and welcomed him back with a warm smile.

“Emeka, you’re going to be working until midnight every day for the next month to get caught up with all this paperwork.”

“I know,” He sighed. “There are just some things that you cannot delegate to anyone.”

“That’s the truth, how was Spain?”

“Gorgeous, I didn’t take very many pics but take a look at the few I snapped.” He said while handing her his phone.

“You should take up photography, these pictures are amazing.”

“Thank you, they pale in comparison to the actual city.”

“I can only imagine.” Cassie said wistfully. “Let me stop distracting you so you can knock out this mountain of work.” She said as she rose.

“Thanks for stopping by.”

“Always a pleasure Emeka.” She replied with a fond smile.

As she turned to leave his office, Emeka was rewarded with the sight of her beautiful body tucked into a fitted black dress.

Does this woman only own incredibly tight dresses that accentuate every curve in her body?

Emeka shook the thought out of his head and got back to work in earnest. The paperwork was not going to sort itself out. The next time he came up for air it was approaching eight o clock and everyone had left the office. He had spoken to his wife a few minutes ago to let her know that he would be coming home very late.

A knock at the door broke his concentration. When he looked up he saw the concerned face of Cassie staring back at him.

“Emeka, I was only joking when I said you would have to stay until midnight to get caught up.”

“I know, but I was in earnest.”

“Rome was not built in a day.”

“Yes, but it fell in one.”

“How long do you plan on staying?”

“Just a few more hours.”

“Need any help?”

“Well, if you’re willing to do a little work, I would be happy to give it to you.”

“I have about thirty minutes to spare.”

“Great, grab that pile of files over there and make sure everything is in order so that I can sign off.”

“Yes boss.”

They worked like this for a while, quietly assisting each other make headway in Emeka’s pile of work.

“This file on the Consolidated Steel acquisition has a few discrepancies.” Cassie said, leaning over Emeka and placing the file on his desk.

This woman smells amazing

“What is it?”

“See here, the quoted figure changes four times throughout the document.” She said, showing him and leaning into him slightly while she did so.

“I see, we have to send that back to the drawing board.” He replied, pulling back a few strands of loose hair that had fallen over her face.

“Thank you.” She said, looking deep into his eyes.

“You’re welcome.” Emeka said while returning the smoldering gaze. His blood began to quicken as she leaned against him even more.

They stare into each other’s eyes for a long time, a riot of emotions playing behind their irises and begging for release.

“Emeka.” She said right before he silences her with his mouth on top of hers.

They kiss passionately for a few moments before she pushes him off and tries to say a few words but the beast that resides in every man has been awakened in Emeka and it is no longer willing to listen to words of reason. As he kisses her again, there is no longer any place for the spoken word. He quickly steps behind her and unzips the skin tight dress that holds her lithe frame in a protective cocoon.

As the dress pools at her feet, he takes a moment to appreciate her body; the warm yellow skin that was always hidden is now exposed for his scrutiny and he is not disappointed in the least. She wore a matching set of pink lace underwear that only served to heighten his arousal. As he touches her again, electricity flows up his arms and into his groin. His member was now dancing in its sheath, begging to be released.

She steps into his arms, unbuttons his shirt, and slips it over his shoulders; never taking her eyes off of his. When Cassie finished this task, she easily drops to her knees and deftly unbuckles his trousers, allowing them to fall in a heap at his feet. She looked up and threw a mischievous grin his way before slipping her hand down his briefs and wrapping it around the prize.

As she slowly releases him from his cage, her eyes bulge as she finally sees it in all its glory and a look of apprehension crosses her face. It only lasts a moment before she starts to trail kisses from the base to the tip.
Emeka let out an involuntary groan as her feather soft caresses sends shocks of pleasure through his entire body. He wrapped his hands in her braids as she massaged him with her mouth but he refuses to allow himself to be cowed before he has the ultimate prize. When he felt that he would explode in her mouth at any moment he draws her up and kisses her deeply tasting himself on her tongue; drawing a deep groan from her throat.

He spins her around until her back is to him and he easily unhooks her bra, ripping it off and tossing it carelessly to one side. Emeka quickly draws her panties to her ankles and orders her to step out of them. As she quickly obeys, Emeka pushes her up against the glass windows of his office and allows his erection to caress the inside of her thigh while he trails sweet kisses over her back and neck.

Finally, he is ready; he finds the golden orifice that all women possess and dives in. It is more wonderful that his most vivid daydream. As he thrusts into her going deeper and deeper a cry escapes her lips as she tries to resist the force of his arousal by placing her hands on his thighs. He quickly pushes them aside, places one hand on her lower back, and grabs a handful of her braids with the other. He draws her head back with one hand and holds her body in position with the other all while pounding away inside of her. As he draws her limber body out as far as it will go he plants kisses across her chest and and neck and watches as her caramel nipples stiffen under his adept caresses.

Cassie can do nothing but moan in ecstasy as Emeka continues his relentless assault.

“Do you like that?” He teases.

“Yes.” she replies breathlessly.

When he gets tired of their position against the glass he lifts her bodily and carries her to his desk, never once leaving her golden treasure unattended. He makes room for them by throwing the documents that they were working on for so many hours to different corners of the room.

As he renews his relentless assault, Cassie is ready for him this time and wraps her legs around him while meeting him thrust for thrust. They kiss deeply and explore each other’s bodies; his is hard and strong where hers is soft and supple.

“Tell me who owns this Pussy.” Emeka demands.

“You do.” Cassie acquiesces.

“What is my name?”

“Emeka.”

“Huh?”

“Emeka.” She moans, louder this time as she begins to reach her climax.

“I can’t hear you.”

“Emeka!” She says again and this time it is almost a shout.

“Cum with me baby.” He demands as her legs begin to quiver.

“I will baby, I will, I am almost there.” She shrieks in pleasure.

“GRRRRRHHH!” Emeka grunts as they come in unison.

The first two thoughts that come to his mind are: I am a foolish man and I’m in love with Cassie.

continued in episode 9

2 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:26am On Sep 18, 2015
Please, edit this last update when you see this. It wasn't the normal you. You alternated between tenses all through and, believe me, it turns off the urge. I believe everything should be in past tenses.
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:29am On Sep 18, 2015
Please, edit this last update when you see this. It wasn't the normal you. You alternated between tenses all through and, believe me, it turns off the urge. I believe everything should be in past tense.
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Iceberghill(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
Pls Episode 9
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by Soteriahascome: 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
Don't break... Fire dey go...
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by jojothaiv(m): 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hope this will not follow the thread...
#StartAStoryAndLeaveItUncompleted!
Re: A Dangerous Love Affair. by stardomberry: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
dis novel is d bomb!!!.i hope d writer will complete d story..

(1) (Reply)

“ The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher” . / Thief By Chance / A Collection Of African Proverbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.