Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah (1155 Views)

3 Appointments To Hausa-fulanis In One Day, FFK Blasts Buhari. / Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo / Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by warrior01: 5:58am On Sep 12, 2015
A former Minister of Education, Alhaji Dauda Birmah, was at a time a presidential aspirant under the defunct ANPP. Birmah who later joined the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) regrets that the party should be held responsible for its misfortunes having shot itself on the foot.
In this interview, Birmah also justifies President Muhammadu Buhari’s recent appointments alleging that the north had suffered marginalisation in federal appointments under previous administrations.
What is your assessment of the Buhari administration after the first 100 days in office?
Alhaji Dauda Birmah
Alhaji Dauda Birmah
Well, my assessment is that Buhari has come in and he has seen the rot that preceded his coming and he is trying to see how to handle this rot, rot that has happened over a period of 15 years is not something you cure in 100 days or even in a thousand days.
Buhari has come on a change agenda and he is not expected to behave in a manner in which you will see things as business as usual.
He has to change things and he has to fulfill his promise of change to people and he is trying to understand the place and put fundamental changes in place because if you put a very heavy structure on a faulty infrastructure, the building will collapse.
So, I commend Buhari for what he is doing and I believe he is doing well and he is going to succeed.
But many Nigerians especially those from the South-west, south-South and South-East are complaining that the President’s appointments are lopsided. What is your take so far on the President’s appointments?
Well, during the 15 years preceding him, the north had been wailing and crying because the area was totally marginalized. Buhari is trying to rectify that marginalization of the north but I am not surprised that some people are complaining.
But 100 days are not enough time to judge and I believe when we go forward and the total picture is zeroed down, I think corrections are going to be effected and people will be satisfied that everybody has been taken into consideration.
Do you think that the government is doing enough in the fight against insurgency?
Since Buhari came there have been attempts to tackle insurgency because direct confrontation between the armed forces and the Boko Haram have failed. I believe that the previous government did not adequately tackle insurgency. Now the atmosphere is settling down and I believe we shall see the end of insurgency very soon.
The PDP appears to be facing leadership crisis. What do you think should be done to make it a winning party again?
I don’t want to delve into that because I have no stake in in the PDP. The last time I joined that party and when it came to election time I was not even drafted in to be a member of the campaign committee of my village, my ward, local government, state or at the national level.
I was totally ignored and not involved and therefore I do not believe I have any stake in PDP towards its revival. The PDP has shot itself in the foot and it has to bear the consequences and whatever happens to the party I am totally indifferent.
Recentely, Prof. Ben Nwabueze said that it is illegal for any president or governor to run a government without a cabinet. What do you think?
Well, Buhari has promised that by September his cabinet will be in place and we are in September. I believe he wanted to see the situation as it is before appointing ministers because he does not want to compound the problem by appointing the wrong people and to work with people who he does not understand. So, I believe he is in the right direction and I believe that September is going to be fine.
Do you think it is necessary to probe the previous government?
It is absolutely necessary to probe the previous government although I do not believe that probing and things like should be the essence of government. But right now, government is moving and there is greater sanity in governance. Do you believe now that we can have the type of electricity we have now if the government has not been doing anything?

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/buhari-using-appointments-to-correct-marginalisation-of-north-dauda-birmah/#sthash.K7HPw4pg.dpuf
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Gombs(m): 6:01am On Sep 12, 2015
O na-abu a si nwata wuba ahu, o saba afo ya.

Lit: Tell a child to wash his body, he washes his stomach.

[size=18pt].. Proudly 5%[/size] cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by midolian(m): 6:04am On Sep 12, 2015
Gombs:
[size=18pt].. Proudly 5%[/size]
...And on another thread, you cry about being marginalized. What do you really want? cheesy
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by warrior01: 6:04am On Sep 12, 2015
The truth is gradually being exposed on the true intents of Buhari. I shake my head whenever some gullible people comes finds nothing wrong in filling all the sensitive and core post with only persons of northern region in a multi ethnic country like Nigeria. Anyway, let me sit back and watch some nonentities come to justify their pay.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by INTROVERT(f): 6:06am On Sep 12, 2015
WINTER IS COMING

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Sep 12, 2015
midolian:
...And on another thread, you cry about being marginalized grin

Ewu nwuru n'oba ji abughi agu gburu ya.
Lit: A goat that dies in a barn was not killed by hunger.

Ngwa, buru nzuzu gi si ebaa puo!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Mopolchi: 6:08am On Sep 12, 2015
Appoint me na
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by SeverusSnape(m): 6:17am On Sep 12, 2015
But the north was never marginalized. We all know boo-hari is a vindictive, bigoted and unrepentant chauvinistic illiterate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Okimski(m): 6:18am On Sep 12, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 12, 2015
This is the result of Yoruba foolishness

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by museveni(m): 6:38am On Sep 12, 2015
If this correction agenda is the change we voted for, then we have been scammed. Then why have Nigeria if tribalism precedes patriotism?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by lincolnj88: 6:51am On Sep 12, 2015
grin grin grin even the northerners are explaining their true intentions but the slave are defending against the truth and want us to believe lies

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by aminho(m): 6:54am On Sep 12, 2015
Thats my dad talking
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by bugzbunny: 6:56am On Sep 12, 2015
Thanks for confirming our suspicions long ago...
Buhari is only on a revenge mission..

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Flets: 6:57am On Sep 12, 2015
Nigeria cant last for so much longer. The signs are all over

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 12, 2015
South West how market grin

Obj's ink has dried up cheesy

The most sophisticated mumus have being scammed. cool

A P C = Change Power back to the North. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by bugzbunny: 7:07am On Sep 12, 2015
aminho:
Thats my dad talking
FhooL

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by pillarmaria(m): 7:11am On Sep 12, 2015
This is arrant nonsense, the north has never been marginalised, they only have poor creative and industrial mentality that is the sole reason they seem under-developed.
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by rozayx5(m): 7:13am On Sep 12, 2015
lincolnj88:
grin grin grin even the northerners are explaining their true intentions but the slave are defending against the truth and want us to believe lies

dont mind them
severusnape firefire anonimi mizmycoli

lalasticlala

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by bugzbunny: 7:15am On Sep 12, 2015
lincolnj88:
Exactly.......
Mr birmah should tell dat to the south west.... Cos we already knw... Though north was never marginalised.. sad
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 12, 2015
Igbos have been screaming marginalization...

Ooni of ife n Yoruba people are screaming n masturbating that their race have been marginalized...

Now northerners who have ruled Nigeria n destroyed it for over 38 years say that they are marginalised...

Isn't it best we actually go our separate ways

1 Like

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by omowolewa: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2015
Na lie, PMB himself has told us on BBC that its to compensate his former party faithful. So why are you saying.

Everybody is trying to be Buhari's advocate.
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by truefact: 7:55am On Sep 12, 2015
midolian:
...And on another thread, you cry about being marginalized. What do you really want? cheesy
We want you to stay on your own...why can't you have your own country? Why must you die with those you hate? I hate you lots with greater passion. You don't like someone, yet you can't live without that someone, isn't si.lly of you lots?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by truefact: 8:05am On Sep 12, 2015
chuna1985:
Igbos have been screaming marginalization...

Ooni of ife n Yoruba people are screaming n masturbating that their race have been marginalized...

Now northerners who have ruled Nigeria n destroyed it for over 38 years say that they are marginalised...

Isn't it best we actually go our separate ways
That's just what saying, since everyone is marginalized, then let everyone go their seperate ways so no one can marginalize anybody

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by bonechamberlain(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2015
ok and the circle continues l, when a Yoruba or igbo or ijaw man enters there again, they would still do the same thing citing marginalization. northerners want to have everything in Nigeria, have they been more marginalized than the igbo or Yoruba. nonsense.
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by aminho(m): 8:56am On Sep 12, 2015
bugzbunny:

FhooL
kettle calling pot black
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Ayoswit(f): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2015
K
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 12, 2015
aminho:
kettle calling pot black
Please [abeg] kindly vote for me here https://mobile.twitter.com/runzlord/status/639602054546255872?p=v
The link to the voting page is in that status, cos I can't post the link directly on Nairaland.

It a a palm selfie contest by samsung.
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by MizMyColi(f): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2015
rozayx5:

dont mind them
severusnape firefire anonimi mizmycoli

lalasticlala

Chai!
gringringrin

Even North is Complaining.
What a day!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by Blackfire(m): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2015
The north explaining to us the south what the mean by 'CHANGE'.
DONT QUOTE OR LIKE ME.
Re: Buhari Using Appointments To Correct Marginalisation Of North – Dauda Birmah by EasternLionn: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2015
Hahahahahaha.

(1) (Reply)

Pro-lawan Senators Move To Impeach Saraki - Saturday Punch / Foreign Reserves In Steady Decline... / Biafra Protests At Artillery(rumuogba) Port-harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.