Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,706 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home (12497 Views)

Boko Haram Members Are Relocating To Kogi State- Gov Bello / see the touching things businessmen are saying since buhari became president / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by asha80(m): 8:24am On Sep 12, 2015
Godblessbiafra:
hey,I have observed one thing with this moniker,u are neither here nor there when issues relating to igbo/biafra are been discussed. what is fantasical about what kettykin wrote there,huh?.U rather come out clean and tell us ur stance,assuming you are truly igbo as u claim.
nothing to come clean with ...i simply say things as they are and realistically they can be..if you like doubt my origin
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by honourhim: 8:24am On Sep 12, 2015
@Op, Igbos are simply expanding. We dont move rather we expand.

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Beremx(f): 8:25am On Sep 12, 2015
DikeOha882:
So relocating business to Igbo land means the traders can't sell to other nigerians? Do you know people come from ghana,ivorycoast,ibadan, lagos,benin rep,guinea and cameroun etc to buy goods in aba? Its a welcome development that will trigger more development in the Eastcoast and lessen the threat of go back to you Village mentality of some who feel threatened about the progress of Igbo man
it depends on the type of goods.

Most goods are bought in Lagos from other west African countries and these good are sold in Lagos mainly by Igbos. Go to markets dominated by Igbos in Lagos and see the heavy transaction of business going there between lagos and other African countries.

Some of you need to be realistic when making comments and not talking trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2015
chino11:
Stop insulting people, you are supposed to be a married woman

Who said she is married? Are you her husband?.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by investnow2013: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2015
Adminisher:

This is bad first Ibos. The Nigerian project favours them because they can sell their imported goods to a large market of 170 million people . Now there is nobody to sell to but barely 25million. The only reason for NAFTA, ECOWAS and EU is that larger markets are best in terms of combined GDP and scale economics. The East on its own is very unviable. It will be a landlocked, entity bordered by the Niger Delta, Cameroon, North East, Edo and Delta. All tribes in Nigeria have business skills, Dangote is from the North, Atiku has factories producing everything from pure water to cooking oil. Yorubas are Lords of the FMCG and other sectors. In the 70s Hausas had commercial enclaves in Lagos near Apapa, Ibadan , Old PH town and other places, these enclaves will now grow and multiply. I still don't know why people think this move East is good for Ibos.
Please forget Nigeria census, The real population is now in Anambra/Delta State & Lagos State!. The population of Anambra & Delta State will be equal to Lagos or will most likely cancel Lagos population!. Why do you think business is boming arround Delta/ Anambra States?..... It is simply because of The population, Cheaper cost of living & a Huge number of middle class!. God bless!

9 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2015
Are you saying that people of other nations and Igbos living in those countries don't come to Aba to buy clothes,footwears and bags? You seem to have limited view about ABA, I am aba boy that knows the nooks and crannies ofthe town, right now I shuttle between lagos- Aba and spend more time in lagos
Beremx:
it depends on the type of goods.

Most goods are bought in Lagos from other west African countries and these good are sold in Lagos mainly by Igbos. Go to markets dominated by Igbos in Lagos and see the heavy transaction of business going there between lagos and other African countries.

Some of you need to be realistic when making comments and not talking trash.
I didn't see your insult, kitikpa gbachie gi nti there,ewu ohia

8 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Beremx(f): 8:36am On Sep 12, 2015
DikeOha882:
Are you saying that people of other nations and Igbos living in those countries don't come to Aba to buy clothes,footwears and bags? You seem to have limited view about ABA, I am aba boy that knows the nooks and crannies ofthe town, right now I shuttle between lagos- Aba and spend more time in lagos
read my comment again carefully. I said it depends on the type of goods,but most of the trading is in Lagos. Remember that clothes,footwears and bags are also imported from China which makes the market a competitive one between China and Aba.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Adminisher: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2015
investnow2013:
Please forget Nigeria census, The real population is now in Anambra/Delta State & Lagos State!. The population of Anambra & Delta State will be equal to Lagos or will most likely cancel Lagos population!. Why do you think business is boming arround Delta/ Anambra States?..... It is simply because of The population, Cheaper cost of living & a Huge number of middle class!. God bless!

I don't believe your figures. There are no bases for the figures. We can accurately project population based on primary school enrolment, tax records, town planning records and even simple things like car registration. The official figures for Anambra and Delta do not change appreciably from projections. Don't confuse urbanisation for actual population. Also a large middle class works opposite to population growth so I don't understand why you are bringing that up.
Anyway the argument still remains the same ..a market of 170million is larger than 30million and there is going to be substitution in Lagos and other places the guys are leaving not extinction.

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 12, 2015
You must be so daft to know that wears, bags etc are classified as goods. Ozu nwuru anwu
Beremx:
read my comment again carefully. I said it depends on the type of goods,but most of the trading is in Lagos. Remember that clothes,footwears and bags are also imported from China which makes the market a competitive one between China and Aba.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Beremx(f): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2015
DikeOha882:
You must be so daft to know that wears, bags etc are classified as goods.
so what are they classified as.... services?

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2015
Beremx:

grin grin
go back to my comment , read and digest it.
Overzealousness in quoting Dikeoha.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by SOUNDKING: 8:53am On Sep 12, 2015
Adminisher:

This is bad first Ibos. The Nigerian project favours them because they can sell their imported goods to a large market of 170 million people . Now there is nobody to sell to but barely 25million. The only reason for NAFTA, ECOWAS and EU is that larger markets are best in terms of combined GDP and scale economics. The East on its own is very unviable. It will be a landlocked, entity bordered by the Niger Delta, Cameroon, North East, Edo and Delta. All tribes in Nigeria have business skills, Dangote is from the North, Atiku has factories producing everything from pure water to cooking oil. Yorubas are Lords of the FMCG and other sectors. In the 70s Hausas had commercial enclaves in Lagos near Apapa, Ibadan , Old PH town and other places, these enclaves will now grow and multiply. I still don't know why people think this move East is good for Ibos.
Igbos are the sellers and you are the buyer,,,,when a seller moved down east,the buyers have no choice .

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by asha80(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2015
DikeOha882:
You must be so daft to know that wears, bags etc are classified as goods. Ozu nwuru anwu
aba boys should pray that the present govt bans and enforces goods the produce like bags and shoes
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by patrick89(m): 8:56am On Sep 12, 2015
I know goods like foot wears,clothes and bags are produced in Aba, ship to Gabon, Cameroon, Ghana Benin republic, sudan niger etc! you need to be in Aba and see them! these goods are very cheap over there, things like boxers are sold as cheap as #150 and you can sell them as as high as #500.. even shirts and bag are very cheap! The earlier you know these things the better you start making good use of your time...
Aba is a goldmine that has been left to rot by stupid ochendo t. orji, only God knows that I don't like that short man devil...

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by stevecantrell: 8:57am On Sep 12, 2015
Beremx:
No sane Igbo businessman relocates his business except there's an outbreak of war,they only expand their business.

Stop talking nonsense!!

Exactly, they're just opening a new branch.

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Ymodulus: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2015
azimibraun:
I know at the right time we'll meaning Igbos will step in and renegades like Nnamdi Kanu will be relegated to the background. Opportunistic spur of the moment. Somebody ask Nnamdi Kanu and his goons if they have bothered to do a study on Nationalism at all; where in the study of Nationalism in either Political science or Sociology can you find a quest like that of Biafra calling for violence? The Igbos according to the Books and reality should pursue " Gentail Nationalism" If in 1960 Nigeria ddnt need a bullet to get independence from her colonial Masters the British, I wonder why Mr Kanu will be advocating for violence when it was clear Ojukwu failed using Violence. The igbos need Geniuses with Brains at this point in time and not Drunks with thugs and violent propaganda. It's a negotiation and consultation struggle and not violence. The igbos have the right to seek self determination but it should be handled by decent knowledgeable non violent professionals. Thugs got countries in the past but not in these days and age. The world has moved and the UN has provided for self determination. Igbos do the needful and explore the opportunity.

Too sad so many illiterates among the easterners who can't reason like analyst
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2015
Substitution? You got me laughing,do you know that any champayne you buy from west Africa,you are buying from Bishop Okonkwo, likewise mayonnaise and other condiments are solely owned by Igbos? So how are you going to replace Igbos If theychose to move their markets to Eastcoast? If not buying from the Igbos who are sole agents to these coys?
Adminisher:

I don't believe your figures. There are no bases for the figures. We can accurately project population based on primary school enrolment, tax records, town planning records and even simple things like car registration. The official figures for Anambra and Delta do not change appreciably from projections. Don't confuse urbanisation for actual population. Also a large middle class works opposite to population growth so I don't understand why you are bringing that up.
Anyway the argument still remains the same ..a market of 170million is larger than 30million and there is going to be substitution in Lagos and other places the guys are leaving not extinction.

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by forgiveness: 9:22am On Sep 12, 2015
patrick89:
I know goods like foot wears,clothes and bags are produced in Aba, ship to Gabon, Cameroon, Ghana Benin republic, sudan niger etc! you need to be in Aba and see them! these goods are very cheap over there, things like boxers are sold as cheap as #150 and you can sell them as as high as #500.. even shirts and bag are very cheap! The earlier you know these things the better you start making good use of your time...
Aba is a goldmine that has been left to rot by stupid ochendo t. orji, only God knows that I don't like that short man devil...

You can say that again.]

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by asha80(m): 9:25am On Sep 12, 2015
patrick89:
what would you expect from ochendo that probably does not understand factors of production

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 12, 2015
patrick89:
Hmmmm

Anyways
Please [abeg] kindly vote for me here https://mobile.twitter.com/runzlord/status/639602054546255872?p=v
The link to the voting page is in that status, cos I can't post the link directly on Nairaland.

It a a palm selfie contest by samsung.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by ignis: 9:30am On Sep 12, 2015
Time will tell
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Adminisher: 9:37am On Sep 12, 2015
DikeOha882:
Substitution? You got me laughing,do you know that any champayne you buy from west Africa,you are buying from Bishop Okonkwo, likewise mayonnaise and other condiments are solely owned by Igbos? So how are you going to replace Igbos If theychose to move their markets to Eastcoast? If not buying from the Igbos who are sole agents to these coys?

Champagne that is a French product ?. Nobody wants to substitute in that class of product and abeg. Okonkwo can continue in that luxury business that Buhari will soon raise tariffs on. We are talking about motor parts, clothes and electronics. Yorubas were the king , even manufacturing refrigerators and freezers in the days before importation was let loose. They will soon substitute Ibos in all those sectors especially now that jobs are hard to come by and the banking sector is going down.

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by asha80(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2015
Adminisher:

Champagne that is a French product ?. Nobody wants to substitute in that class of product and abeg. Okonkwo can continue in that luxury business that Buhari will soon raise tariffs on. We are talking about motor parts, clothes and electronics. Yorubas were the king , even manufacturing refrigerators and freezers in the days before importation was let loose. They will soon substitute Ibos in all those sectors especially now that jobs are hard to come by and the banking sector is going down.
you wish...delusion at its best

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2015
I gave you an instance bro, it will take you over 20 decades, just go out to buy fish from youroba woman ensure you price very low and come back share your experience (insult), do the same to an Igbo woman selling egusi or azu (eja) come and relay your exxperience
Adminisher:

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 12, 2015
Beremx:

grin grin

Hhaaaaaa! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by juman(m): 10:01am On Sep 12, 2015
Good for them. They should turn their region to paradise and be a good example for other regions to follow.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 12, 2015
These yoruba guys don't listen.Creating ibo threads since the BCs.lLet them create their threads themselves,Una no dey hear word!leave these people alooooone!leave these people alooooone Aaaargh!No wonder they keep insulting you guys.I tire for una sef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:09am On Sep 12, 2015
azimibraun:
I hear. My comment is not based on any sentiments just my very personal knowledge of the Igbo Man and I mean very personal. Your story may be true, I can't tell. But one thing am very certain of is the fact that, When one igboman moves out of a place irrespective of whatever may have caused it, the next igboman moves in believing the one who left wasn't so smart and that he would do better. Excell where the former failed. So if igbo businesses are relocating East, expect fresh igbo businesses to migrate down south and up north. At the end 20 cancels 10 and that becomes an "Effort in Futility" they can still chase Nationalism with their businesses in Nigeria because those business will turn positive to Biafra later.

So you finally admit that moving East is a failure and those who do so are unwise for vacating land of milk and honey in West and North to wretchedness in East.

We've been singing that to you guys for years. East is dry and uninviting for business.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 12, 2015
I would advice any igbo guy to but lands in any part of igbo land. Please a smart father will start buying up land for his kids because lands in the east are getting expensive. My younger bro just got a 100x 100 for 2.8 million.In the village oooooo. If biafra should succeed, lands will be a luxury in biafra. Be wise . Nigeria isn't permanent!

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:15am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:
This is bad news for lazy touts like yourself Mr. OPCNairaland.

With Ibo businesses relocating, you lazy bums will only have rotten tomato sellers to extort.

The space they are vacating is already listed for new entrants from the West of Yorubaland. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army To Sponsor Education Of Dead Soldiers' Children (Photos) / EFCC Boss, Bawa Testifies In ₦1.4 Billion Oil Subsidy Fraud Trial / The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.