Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home (12496 Views)

Boko Haram Members Are Relocating To Kogi State- Gov Bello / see the touching things businessmen are saying since buhari became president / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Don't flatter yourself. There's nothing special about importing containers of merchandise into the country and trading. If the yeebos leave Computer village today whatever void that creates can be easily filled by others. As long as there's a market, there'll always be business.

You will be suprised that Aba will become the Dubai of Africa.

6 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by erikcantona: 7:27am On Sep 12, 2015
azimibraun:
I know at the right time we'll meaning Igbos will step in and renegades like Nnamdi Kanu will be relegated to the background. Opportunistic spur of the moment. Somebody ask Nnamdi Kanu and his goons if they have bothered to do a study on Nationalism at all; where in the study of Nationalism in either Political science or Sociology can you find a quest like that of Biafra calling for violence? The Igbos according to the Books and reality should pursue " Gentail Nationalism" If in 1960 Nigeria ddnt need a bullet to get independence from her colonial Masters the British, I wonder why Mr Kanu will be advocating for violence when it was clear Ojukwu failed using Violence. The igbos need Geniuses with Brains at this point in time and not Drunks with thugs and violent propaganda. It's a negotiation and consultation struggle and not violence. The igbos have the right to seek self determination but it should be handled by decent knowledgeable non violent professionals. Thugs got countries in the past but not in these days and age. The world has moved and the UN has provided for self determination. Igbos do the needful and explore the opportunity.
listen to ya self how many years have #billiehumanright been goin to peacefully for the same struggle! What has. Happened nothing!! Massob have been goin peacefull for over 20 years now what has happen! Mind you namdi kanu is not calling for war!! He is doin his in a peacefull manner aftar all he has not killed any soul since they started!!or bombed any one and we biafrans love namdi kanu!! So Bleep your thoughts we dnt need your advice

4 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Flyoruboy(m): 7:28am On Sep 12, 2015
liberty300:
oga, you can't be more wrong. Coscharis of recent has started moving his business to the east. The Lagos state business man has started coscharis farms and relocated his transport company business to nnewi.

Ifeanyi Uba, Lagos based business man has relocated back to the east to invest. Started his own football club, with his own oil business relocating to the east.

My friend, the biafran movement has started..you should be happy that the Igbos are finally leaving your beloved Lagos for you. Rejoice!!

If they like they should relocate even their private residences today, Lagos is too big to notice their absence and they will be replaced sharply. There's nothing special about what those men do or the value they add to Lagos or any other part of the country that can't easily be replaced. Many non-igbos are already ready and willing to take their place the moment they leave.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by chino11(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2015
He has invested millions if not billions already on his Nnewi based club.

He is constructing a brand new stadium for his club at Nnewi as we speak. I think its more than just keeping his name afloat for political reasons.

asha80:
maybe I should not say recontest but he definitely has to keep his name afloat for political reasons because I simply dont believe he is doing it for altruistic reasons..we all know ifeanyi uba and his ways
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by pazienza(m): 7:32am On Sep 12, 2015
Have they sorted out the "sea port" issue?

If not Lagos will always have comparative advantage because of port proximity, the cost spent in moving the goods from Lagos to East will always enable the Lagos markets sell at cheaper prices , well unless the cheaper cost of doing business in the East will make up for that.

But even at that, to finally bring the Lagos monopoly to a stop. Enugu international airport and the roads Linking it to all parts of the East must be upgraded and then a functional sea port is indispensable, Obuaku port will be a game changer.

Nice initiative anyway, the transfer of Igbo investments from Lagos to East won't be sudden, it will be gradual process, I suppose they will start by opening a branch in that new market, and over time turn that branch to head office.

Igbos in the North have been massively moving their business back to the East, this had gone unnoticed to some people, but those of us in the grassroots noticed.

Everything is coming down to the inevitability of the rebirth of the Biafran nation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Flyoruboy(m): 7:34am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

Lol. Guy, I repeat that there's nothing special about importing goods into the country and trading. Whatever vacuum their exit creates will be quickly filled. Why should any Lagosian go all the way to Aba to buy the same goods that others can easily import into Lagos and trade in here as well. Even if the Alaba people sef move,they will be sharply replaced by Yoruba traders. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by asha80(m): 7:34am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

not with a visionless governor

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by asha80(m): 7:35am On Sep 12, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Lol. Guy, I repeat that there's nothing special about importing goods into the country and trading. Whatever vacuum their exit creates will be quickly filled. Why should any Lagosian go all the way to Aba to buy the same goods that others can easy import into Lagos and trade in here as well. Even if the Alaba people sef move,they will be sharply replaced by Yoruba traders. cheesy
Yoruba traders should not wait for Igbo traders to move before replacing them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by warrior01: 7:38am On Sep 12, 2015
chino11:
Stop insulting people, you are supposed to be a married woman

For real, is she married? If it's true, I pity the man. Anyways , back to topic

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by naijaking1: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2015
Adminisher:

This is bad first Ibos. The Nigerian project favours them because they can sell their imported goods to a large market of 170 million people . Now there is nobody to sell to but barely 25million. The only reason for NAFTA, ECOWAS and EU is that larger markets are best in terms of combined GDP and scale economics. The East on its own is very unviable. It will be a landlocked, entity bordered by the Niger Delta, Cameroon, North East, Edo and Delta. All tribes in Nigeria have business skills, Dangote is from the North, Atiku has factories producing everything from pure water to cooking oil. Yorubas are Lords of the FMCG and other sectors. In the 70s Hausas had commercial enclaves in Lagos near Apapa, Ibadan , Old PH town and other places, these enclaves will now grow and multiply. I still don't know why people think this move East is good for Ibos.

No need to cry for Ndigbo!
Landlock is a post civil war term, Igbos know who and where they are.
Ultimately, the people who provide the capital, technology, and manpower would decide where their industries are located.
Why do you think many southern states(in the US) spend millions begging German and Japanese companies to locate in their states

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by chino11(m): 7:40am On Sep 12, 2015
Of course she is a decently married woman with beautiful kids. Of course the hubby is very lucky to have her.

Now face the topic

warrior01:

For real, is she married? If it's true, I pity the man. Anyways , back to topic
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Lol. Guy, I repeat that there's nothing special about importing goods into the country and trading. Whatever vacuum their exit creates will be quickly filled. Why should any Lagosian go all the way to Aba to buy the same goods that others can easy import into Lagos and trade in here as well. Even if the Alaba people sef move,they will be sharply replaced by Yoruba traders. cheesy

Dem say e no hard to p1ss but you don see fowl p1ss?

When they leave to the SE then you can assume their role.

By the way, how far with that $20bn cocoa industry?

Yeye

4 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by warrior01: 7:41am On Sep 12, 2015
chino11:
Of course she is a decently married woman with beautiful kids. Of course the hubby is very lucky to have her.

Now face the topic

Yeah! Lucky indeed. The way your wife is lucky to have you. Lol....

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 12, 2015
chino11:

Now face the topic

That shameless badoo general cum curtain tailor cum APC orangutan?

I laff. Berem juggles diks with one hand while she sews curtains.

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by investnow2013: 7:43am On Sep 12, 2015
kettykin:
Next in line would be the multi-billion Naira motor spare parts business which would birth and make the south east it's hub
That one is already happening at Ugwuagba Obosi Onitsha Motor spare Parts Market!. It is now the biggest spare parts market in Nigeria!. Many people are not aware of that but you need to go there & see for yourself!. Banks are falling over themselves to have a branch or more there just because of the huge amount of money being exchange on daily basics in that market!

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Flyoruboy(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2015
asha80:
Yoruba traders should not wait for Igbo traders to move before replacing them

We already have our own traders who specialize in their own niche products and are ok with the status quo but make no mistake about it, in the eventuality that igbo traders move out of Lagos, they will only increase competition for whatever trade they are leaving behind because nature will take its course as long as there is demand and their void will definitely be filled. I know you are an intelligent fella so it's not rocket science.

And look, just so you know, I have no problem patronizing igbo business in Lagos, especially the ones that deal in genuine products. But to think that they are indispensable in a sector like trading is a joke of epic proportions.

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by chino11(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2015
Nonsense..

[s]
WombRaiders:

[/s]
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2015
As a yoruba who feels the igbos are truly marginalized this is what they should truly be doing. One big mistake u guys made was not requesting for a port under GEJ's regime. Even if it would be privately owned, Say built and run by the chinese. That would have been the first step to wither the bully called lagos. Biafra should be propagated intelligently not on the streets with a loud mouth. Nigeria need balance and ppl from the SS and SE are not helping matters. It seems the North are backing their own Good or Bad, we the south west too(Aregbeshola's case) the igbo must attain some form of economic power to have a say and parley with the SS that's the only way they can create the balance nigeria despirately needs.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 12, 2015
chino11:
Nonsense..

[s][/s]

Ask am yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Kingspin(m): 7:49am On Sep 12, 2015
Igbos should relocate to east and have their business branches outside of the east. Anambra people taking the lead so far.

7 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Flyoruboy(m): 7:53am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

Dem say e no hard to p1ss but you don see fowl p1ss?

When they leave to the SE then you can assume their role.

By the way, how far with that $20bn cocoa industry?

Yeye

cheesy Nna, e go do Una like film coz even me sef go enter importation bizness. cheesy Una go just create more competition for unasef in that sector. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Beremx(f): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

this is very funny. grin grin
Its like you guys want to turn this thread to the story of my life ehn?

Ok continue o! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by meccuno: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2015
Flyoruboy:

If they like they should relocate even their private residences today, Lagos is too big to notice their absence and they will be replaced sharply. There's nothing special about what those men do or the value they add to Lagos or any other part of the country that can't easily be replaced. Many non-igbos are already ready and willing to take their place the moment they leave.
funny boy.......name one state where non igbos have ever replaced the igbos when they left? U people that are scared of leaving your region........

7 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by meccuno: 8:11am On Sep 12, 2015
Flyoruboy:

cheesy Nna, e go do Una like film coz even me sef go enter importation bizness. cheesy Una go just create more competition for unasef in that sector. cheesy
the igbos have always relished competition............the question is are you ready for what's ahead?

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 12, 2015
So relocating business to Igbo land means the traders can't sell to other nigerians? Do you know people come from ghana,ivorycoast,ibadan, lagos,benin rep,guinea and cameroun etc to buy goods in aba? Its a welcome development that will trigger more development in the Eastcoast and lessen the threat of go back to you Village mentality of some who feel threatened about the progress of Igbo man
Adminisher:

This is bad first Ibos. The Nigerian project favours them because they can sell their imported goods to a large market of 170 million people . Now there is nobody to sell to but barely 25million. The only reason for NAFTA, ECOWAS and EU is that larger markets are best in terms of combined GDP and scale economics. The East on its own is very unviable. It will be a landlocked, entity bordered by the Niger Delta, Cameroon, North East, Edo and Delta. All tribes in Nigeria have business skills, Dangote is from the North, Atiku has factories producing everything from pure water to cooking oil. Yorubas are Lords of the FMCG and other sectors. In the 70s Hausas had commercial enclaves in Lagos near Apapa, Ibadan , Old PH town and other places, these enclaves will now grow and multiply. I still don't know why people think this move East is good for Ibos.

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by omonnakoda: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2015
DikeOha882:
So relocating business to Igbo land means the trader can't sell to other nigerians? Do you know people come from ghana,ivorycoast,ibadan, lagos,benin rep,guinea cameroun etc to buy goods in aba? Its awelcome development that will trigger more development in the Eastcoast and lessen the threat of go back toyou Village mentality of some who feel threatened about the progress of Igbo man
People come from Ivory Coast to buy goods in Aba grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by CyberWolf: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

Bro this is unacceptable angry ..We don't insult our women/ladies, we only correct them when they go wrong. sad
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 12, 2015
asha80:
you love these your fantasies
hey,I have observed one thing with this moniker,u are neither here nor there when issues relating to igbo/biafra are been discussed. what is fantasical about what kettykin wrote there,huh?.U rather come out clean and tell us ur stance,assuming you are truly igbo as u claim.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2015
kiss Some people are home bound
omonnakoda:

People come from Ivory Coast to buh goods in Aba grin grin
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Flyoruboy(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2015
meccuno:
funny boy.......name one state where non igbos have ever replaced the igbos when they left? U people that are scared of leaving your region........

Lol. Delusion of grandeur. I can't name any state coz I am unaware of igbos leaving any state and not soon after returning BACK there. It happened before and after the civil war. Even till today igbos are still all over the North, in spite of Boko boys and the insecurity. Quit deceiving yourself abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2015
I tire for the guy, I have noticed the same thing about him
Godblessbiafra:
hey,I have observed one thing with this moniker,u are neither here nor there when issues relating to igbo/biafra are been discussed. what is fantasical about what kettykin wrote there,huh?.U rather come out clean and tell us ur stance,assuming you are truly igbo as u claim.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by omonnakoda: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2015
Eboe land is ursed and the gods are very angry.. Very few Eboe men living at home live long

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Anti-corruption Police In Nigeria To Interrogate Oil Dealers On Diezani Loot / Politics Of 2019 Heats Up Battle For APC Chair / Governor Nasir El-Rufai With Kannywood Actors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.