Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers (45497 Views)

The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch / Why Marilyn Ogar, Was ‘Sacked’ - Premium Times / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Davochii(m): 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ha! Wahala wa! Hmm Oshokunu agwa agwa How can they sack such people who have just less than a month to spare after the training exposed to. Ha! This Daura no get good advisers o, the man don release bomb for this country..hmm na wa o..wahala dey..hian!

1 Like

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2015
Gbawe:

This is the best position to take. Things got seriously bastardized under GEJ. Ogar, for example, spoke with total abandon and with no consideration for the high level of professionalism her office demanded. This may just be a 'cleansing' of the DSS to make it more effective. The article hints a relative of Ogar is involved to deliberately indict Buhari of vindictiveness and whip up primordial sentiments in Nigerians since everyone knows this is always easy to achieve for a people that is very divided and emotional.

Yet the fact is that the new boss of the DSS may just be reversing abuse of power, nepotism and perhaps even an agenda of ethnically perverting an important security parastatal. The bottom line is that we don't know the definitive answer as per what the truth is. We have to let those who head these security agencies get on with their jobs and give them the benefit of the doubt. Even the President and Prime minister of the USA and UK do not know why the FBI and M15 bosses take certain decisions. It is only in Nigeria we have to make a fuss when there is no need for such.

So this how to reverse abuse of power? You are the reason why Nigeria is where it is today. You said the bottom line is no one knows the definite aanswer why they did what they did......so why didn't they state the answer in their sack letters.
And again all these countries you reference don't just wake up one morning, match to barracks and start handing in sack letters, and then again with no reason. Even if they want to retrench, they will first pass the idea to parliaments for debate, several months before it happens, so please your comparison here is null and void.....and why do you people always compare sef...We are way behind those people

2 Likes

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by citygarden(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
ok

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
abiolasalamy:
I just feel the dismissed officers to be may become a security risk to the country. However, dismissing 65 out of 420 might be best known to authorities involved.

Exactly my points......This government is damn so ooo myopic...I just can't.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by galadima77(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
kkkp:
Hmm 65 trainee officers.. No advert , nothing they just employ their relatives.. Carry go baba

Even if u see or hear the advert, do u know how difficult it is for them to pick one?
The system no too pure
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Acidosis(m): 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
AncientJerk:

What a stu!pid thing to say!

You have assumed that because these individuals joined a security agency at one point in time, all they are interested in is war and dying young. From the article, its clear they were destined for analyst positions (i.e desk jobs) in other words these ones are soft! I guarantee you most these people will still end up with high paying private sector jobs--the same connections that got them into the DSS can most probably still sneak them in somewhere else. Why do you assume that the likes of Marylin Ogar's sister, Ostensibly a christian, would even have the remotest interest in joining ISIS? Why do you assume that for a young, probably smart and hitherto somewhat patriotic Nigerian, career paths in life are either DSS or ISIS? What does ISIS even have to do with anything??

I will tell you why you have made these assumptions sir. It is because you woke up this morning and decided not to think before you talk!

I don't blame you, you have been programmed at APC situation room to defend your boss at all times.

You're soo clueless, you forgot that ISIS, Boko haram and other terrorist groups also have intelligence units manned my educated folks.

Btw, the emphasis in my point isn't about ISIS, it is about your f00lish president who 'sheepishly' terminated the appointments of 64 DSS trainees. Desk jobs or not, these guys have been exposed to all manners of sophisticated weaponry both within and outside the country. Let's not talk about the expenses made so far. Do you know the cost of getting a 1 year Masters degree in the UK in "petty" classroom courses?

Now relate that with a practical field training for 64 citizens in several countries, and tell us the total cost.

Imagine discarding all the efforts/money just because of your Dullard's hatred for Mrs Ogar?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
front247:
The way buhari is going about this thing. He is behaving more of a dictator and a tyrant

He said he has evolved over the years, and that scored him some cheap points in the election......leopard and spots come to mind.

1 Like

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
Osama bin Laden and America come to mind.

1 Like

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by ozo13(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2015
Dontbeused:

Mhen dat is hell road....no specific hour.._u get der wen u get der..
U go around minna central mosque n take Kontogora..3hrs...from der take birni yauri..2hr..from der take birini kebbi..3hrs....at d end u'll c why GEJ has 2 go...all federal roads around dos places 4 6yers wer grace of God...pls take pics n videos so as to show some crazee people on NL shouting TAN
lol.I will sir grin
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by themharcqk(m): 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
ric123:
SSS recruitment is always advertised before
No big deal - always advertised
It just became secret when Ogar wanted to appoint her own people

Nwokem..
The sss recruitment you claim to be advertised, was it from the SSS website directly or people who got to know re advertising?
If SSS were advertising, how many million people went and how much did they pay?
The Nigerian army recruits - press release .
The Nigerian Immigration recruits - press release
Please show me press release from SSS website to the recruitment exercise ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
immigration sack
zenith bank sack
dss terminate

hope the owner of nairaland won't start sacking mods tomorrow grin grin grin grin grin

Imagine

Hehehehehehehe
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Gbawe: 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
ROSYL:

So this how to reverse abuse of power? You are the reason why Nigeria is where it is today. You said the bottom line is no one knows the definite aanswer why they did what they did......so why didn't they state the answer in their sack letters.
And again all these countries you reference don't just wake up one morning, match to barracks and start handing in sack letters, and then again with no reason. Even if they want to retrench, they will first pass the idea to parliaments for debate, several months before it happens, so please your comparison here is null and void.....and why do you people always compare sef...We are way behind those people

Madam, simply wait for more information to come out. That is my point.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
Imagine if all those that were dismissed formed a band of thieves do you think it will be easy before they're apprehended

1 Like

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Adagba1: 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
Did sss advertised the positions in newspapers before recruiting them?
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by dsul: 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
pyyxxaro:
After exposing them to all the tricks
You now Sack them

Hope they won't regret this
not all tricks. N non of dem went to any foreign training.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by pyyxxaro: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
dsul:
not all tricks. N non of dem went to any foreign training.

Okay
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
Acidosis:

I don't blame you, you have been programmed at APC situation room to defend your boss at all times.

You're soo clueless, you forgot that ISIS, Boko haram and other terrorist groups also have intelligence units manned my educated folks.

Btw, the emphasis in my point isn't about ISIS, it is about your f00lish president who 'sheepishly' terminated the appointments of 64 DSS trainees. Desk jobs or not, these guys have been exposed to all manners of sophisticated weaponry both within and outside the country. Let's not talk about the expenses made so far. Do you know the cost of getting a 1 year Masters degree in the UK in "petty" classroom courses?

Now relate that with a practical field training for 64 citizens in several countries, and tell us the total cost.

Imagine discarding all the efforts/money just because of your Dullard's hatred for Mrs Ogar?

And your evidence that the reason for the terminations was Ms. Ogar is...?

Btw, you do know that people resign, retire and get fired form security agencies all the time right? You do know cadets get kicked out all the time right? and you must be aware that security officers desert all the time, right? Those are risks that are inherent in operating a security agency that has to be staffed by people. It is certainly not the end of the world.

I'll wager those people got into the service through the back door and if that is so, they are quite lucky losing their jobs is the worst that has happened to them. We as a country should be glad that incompetent and unqualified individuals (an assumption) are not being put in charge of our most critical security agency.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by omolami: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
An irony of life. This is government that promised creation of jobs dismissing workers. This government is inept, it is creating more and more unemployed people through unnecessary sack. Govt full of malice and vendetta against its people, especially those outside Fulani enclave.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by BeardedMeat(m): 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
ellabooz:
But come to think of it,when were this positions advertised? I guess the affected candidates are related to relations of Ogas at top.

DSS, SSS call it what you never ever advertises, its a state secret service. Get your facts right before commenting.

1 Like

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by zinzane: 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
234GT:

Sorry to burst your bubble, any new recruitment will not be on merit, so if you Don't know anyone, na still same for you.
I had no bubble...No need to be sorry. grin
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by zinzane: 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
BeardedMeat:
DSS, SSS call it what you never ever advertises, its a state secret service. Get your facts right before commenting.
Adviser Advise Yourself first. DSS advertised for this positions.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Realist2: 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2015
ignis:
I just hope Buhari won't nothernize all offices in Nigeria.

My dear, everything has been northernized already, go to federal service commission,presidential villa, and entire FCT ,Hausa is the official language .

2 Likes

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by LockDown69(m): 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
zik4ever:

DSS will not say anything about it publicly. There is more to what is going on and to what we read about in the media. This is a public forum and not all can be said here. There is a time for everything. No further comments!

Ok, comrade.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
Gbawe:

Madam, simply wait for more information to come out. That is my point.

Doctored information? So you are eagerly waiting to swallow up all cooked- info your govt will put out there.... you see what I mean.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Duru1(m): 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
themharcqk:
There will always be those who will make insensitive remarks.

The security service never announces their recruitment, for God sake it's a secret service, Ogah's relative may be there but please did she go through the training as the others? Yes..

Was she jumped to an office position? No. Where is the nepotism here, due process along with other trainees was followed.

And to that dude who said recruitment was on the basis of man know man and corruption I think you need to check how you think, you may like buhari but don't be stupid..

No fee was asked for to recruit anyone, no advertising (it's the secret service damn it).
Please make sensitive remarks that even you can learn from..

Per the bolded, it is due to lack of nepotistic endeavor is reason behind cadet's dismissal. The intake did not overwhelmingly contain northerners who could qualify as dog catchers. Remember that Daura Dumbass joined the Nigeria officer's cadet through the means nepotistic endeavor. The fool's inability to produce simple wasc that belongs to him points to corruption perpetrated by NPC government of the 60s. Did he not appoint his niece as the chairperson of INEC? This is corruption of highest order.

1 Like

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Ayatullah(m): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
kkkp:
Hmm 65 trainee officers.. No advert , nothing they just employ their relatives.. Carry go baba

FEMI ADESINA, PLEASE NOTE

A lot of Government Parastatals are guilty of this NO ADVERT and EMPLOYMENT OF RELATIVES. There is need to extend the same treatment meted out to DSS on these Parastatals.

There is need to send packing all those who have been wrongly employed to make way for GENUINELY QUALIFIED NIGERIANS under a due process.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by demarc001: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
kkkp:

We Nigerians will always tag everything to corruption, if they employ their relatives, are they not Nigerians? Everybody is related to somebody, even Buhari has relatives under employments. The dismissal of this people is very risky, with their trainings they can be great tools in the hands of evil ones.

1 Like

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by rusher14: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
eddyroyal:
DSS do not publicize it recruitment.
This service is called 'THE SECRET SERVICE'that is why its activities is secretly carried out,including its RECRUITMENT.

That may be the case in Nigeria but I've seen the secret service MI5 advertise in the UK dailies.

This act of recommending without a set standard leads to the well known 'Nigerian' factor.

The DSS like any other organisation needs professionalism with the recruitment of truly qualified personnel crucial to its efficiency.

Funny we weren't informed about recruitment but we are all aware of dismissal.

Cheeky.

Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Ayatullah(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2015
ROSYL:

He said he has evolved over the years, and that scored him some cheap points in the election......leopard and spots come to mind.

Your profile picture just revealed that NOTHING GOOD can ever come from your mouth.

So sacking those who have been wrongly employed is an undemocratic act?

Everything about you shows you are a product of those who loot our country dry.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by ibedun: 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
bendike:

When will you have sense? What is going to happen now is that 90% of the new intakes will be northerners. Before OBJ came into power and diluted the sss, army, etc the unofficial language in all Theseus agencies was Hausa. Over the past 16 years from the time of obj till Gej the service has being diluted with southerners hence the top management has to be cleared out. New intakes will the be re Northernized so as to ensure for years to come the top, middle and junior cadre will be abokis.

I am a Yoruba man and a hardcore Buhari loyalist supporter however I cannot wave away your fears. It happened in the past and we must guard against the same thing happening now or in the future. But instead of us southerners
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by ibedun: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
bendike:

When will you have sense? What is going to happen now is that 90% of the new intakes will be northerners. Before OBJ came into power and diluted the sss, army, etc the unofficial language in all Theseus agencies was Hausa. Over the past 16 years from the time of obj till Gej the service has being diluted with southerners hence the top management has to be cleared out. New intakes will the be re Northernized so as to ensure for years to come the top, middle and junior cadre will be abokis.

I am a Yoruba man and a hardcore Buhari loyalist supporter however I cannot wave away your fears. It happened in the past and we must guard against the same thing happening now or in the future. But instead of us Southerners wailing about this issue why not exchange ideas on how to prevent the re-northernisation of the DSS.
Re: DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
Davvymavvy:

Good morning Madam. Were the vacancies advertised before they were recruited?

Why d hell would it be called secret service if u are expecting an advert?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / Kogi Man Wearing T-shirt With “I Pity The Fool” Inscription Receives Wheelbarrow / Boko Haram Claim Abuja, Lagos Attacks In New Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.