Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387532 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kaycodes: 10:54am On Jun 30, 2018
It's a pity that some Nigerians will stop at nothing to defraud others. Yet we are wondering why we have such terrible leaders.

To all those taking outsourced jobs please be careful. Also try to venture out on your own.

1. Create an online presence with your work. A blog or personal website goes a long way.
2. Volunteer to write for websites for free but with your name mentioned as the author.
3. Register your own Upwork account and point clients to samples of your work when submitting proposals.

The process may take time but the rewards are endless.

8 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by statistical: 11:48am On Jun 30, 2018
On this day 30-06-2018 declare FIDELIS AGANYI as a

Scammer, fraudster, criminal, and dishonest person.

Never do business with him again.

Google will not forget this name..... FIDELIS AGANYI as a bloody Scammer lipsrsealed

Your name has been stained already by me, the internet never forgets.

Criminal

Other intending Scammer that enslave writers take note.

Sign.
Management..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Durosure(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2018
Avoid unnecessary Transaction Charges, use our paypal invoice Payment options to receive your money from clients today and save yourself another 2O% on TRANSACTION CHARGE
Whatsapp me for more info on this nice deals...

BRING ALL YOUR PAYONEER, FIVERR PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL, ITUNES & AMAZON gift cards AND BTC. I buy @ good rates.

Am available for fiverr Paypal Withdrawal

FIVERR,UPWORK, ETC 50 - 10,000 i change @ 310-335/RMB Depends on QTY

Alipay, 1RMB - 100,000 RMB i change @ #56-58/RMB

1688, taobao Aibaba etc. 50RMB - 50,000RMB i change AT 58-60/RMB

PAYONEER FUNDs - 50 at @ 340-350/usd

I buy iTunes gift cards from 10usd and above @ 200-250 per USD
Ebay checkouts also available 350-365/$
payment on other Chinese websites are also available.
RMB is available at 5*/rmb Bulk buyer.........

Call/Whatsapp...0#7#0.#.6.#0.#.7.#2#.7.#.6#.;7.#.2
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by uzoormah(m): 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2018
victor101:

this isn't like the usual freelancing site, is more of a job board.
I registered with upwork and I am having issues completing my registration
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
Please help, I tried writing a review on Amazon, but it says I need to make a purchase first. How can I go about this. If I'm to purchase something like how much, and if I don't want it delivered, is that possible.?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Clone2020(m): 1:23am On Jul 01, 2018
Fiverr, Upwork, Elance, freelance and all PayPal withdrawals @ 320/$

Only withdrawing $100 and above.

All transactions are done within minutes

My contact is in signature

Whatsapp link:
https:///send?phone=13472165293
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Fidelmalek(m): 4:00am On Jul 01, 2018
Masterz, statistical, and anybody that feels aggrieved should state his/case here to get resolved, or forever shut up!!!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Vanpidy(m): 5:55am On Jul 01, 2018
Kelvinprinzyy:
Please help, I tried writing a review on Amazon, but it says I need to make a purchase first. How can I go about this. If I'm to purchase something like how much, and if I don't want it delivered, is that possible.?
You can purchase a digital product of between $20-$50 and get it delivered to your email.
Let me know if you need more assistance on this
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2018
Fidelmalek:
Masterz, statistical, and anybody that feels aggrieved should state his/case here to get resolved, or forever shut up!!!
Such arrogance! An arrogant thief!!

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Zdoh(m): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2018
EXCHANGE TODAY

BUYING

Skrill - CashApp - Paypal - Payoneer and Bitcoin,Neteller And Ethereum

SELLING

Neteller - CashApp - Paypa - Bitcoin And Ethereum

WITHDRAWAL

Fiverr - Upwork - Freelance -Topbuzz - Ceo-clark And iWriter instant withdrawal and quick payment guarantee.

ZIDOHEXCHANGE
WHATSAPP :08088759163
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
statistical:
On this day 30-06-2018 declare FIDELIS AGANYI as a

Scammer, fraudster, criminal, and dishonest person.

Never do business with him again.

Google will not forget this name..... FIDELIS AGANYI as a bloody Scammer lipsrsealed

Your name has been stained already by me, the internet never forgets.

Criminal

Other intending Scammer that enslave writers take note.

Sign.
Management..

No doubt, the guy is a certified Scammer.. He goes about with different Nairaland Monikers like Fidelmalek and IamVj. The latter moniker is what he uses to source for adult content writers. The painful part is that the guy will continue giving shameful excuses of being busy. I just hope appropriate measures are taken to curb this wicked act of not paying writers on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by micynute94(m): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
sad
please, can someone explain how to withdraw money from Payoneer to local bank or via ATM?

Do I need to activate anything ? By that I mean, does the $200 requirement needed to make a payment applies to withdrawing via ATM ..

And does it have to be from freelancing sites.. Can't I just ask someone to pay in the required $200 if it's necessary and activate it.

These exchangers are really getting on my nerves.. High time I dusted my card and make good use of it.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
@victor101 and other experts, seems the most popular niche here is writing, are there opportunities for software development (particularly Android Development) on any of these freelancing sites, if yes which you recommend? Thanks.

Looking to dive into freelancing just seeking some clarifications
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2018
Bring all your fiverr/upwork/freelancer/Ogads/Godday/domain sale withdrawals

Reliable and fast exchanger
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by micynute94(m): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
WSJ77:
@victor101 and other experts, seems the most popular niche here is writing, are there opportunities for software development (particularly Android Development) on any of these freelancing sites, if yes which you recommend? Thanks.

Looking to dive into freelancing just seeking some clarifications

dunno about other freelancing sites but try upwork.. it's more suited to stuff like that than Fiverr... It's more professional sef ... But quite strict.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by midehill(m): 1:35am On Jul 02, 2018
you guys should drop his number here...i mean Fidel number here...he is doomed that way
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by penance(m): 7:24am On Jul 02, 2018
sirevee:

No doubt, the guy is a certified Scammer.. He goes about with different Nairaland Monikers like Fidelmalek and IamVj. The latter moniker is what he uses to source for adult content writers. The painful part is that the guy will continue giving shameful excuses of being busy. I just hope appropriate measures are taken to curb this wicked act of not paying writers on Nairaland.
if he is the IamVj guy den na God save me. Guy messaged me some days ago saying vacancy open like say na chevron work.
He sounded arrogant and i didn't like his vibes and the work sef na error.
I just rejected it, how pesin go dey offer me job of less than 2k with so much shakara, when when i dey see some writers collect 30k for 500 word article.
My fellow writers, I thank you all for exposing him (if he is truly guilty).

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by FunnyDude(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2018
penance:

if he is the IamVj guy den na God save me. Guy messaged me some days ago saying vacancy open like say na chevron work.
He sounded arrogant and i didn't like his vibes and the work sef na error.
I just rejected it, how pesin go dey offer me job of less than 2k with so much shakara, when when i dey see some writers collect 30k for 500 word article.
My fellow writers, I thank you all for exposing him (if he is truly guilty).

Abeg who dey pay 30k for 500words. Which platform? Hope say no be fiverr you dey talk about. You fit introduce me I use God beg you wallahi.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by FunnyDude(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2018
micynute94:

dunno about other freelancing sites but try upwork.. it's more suited to stuff like that than Fiverr... It's more professional sef ... But quite strict.

Upwork is strict I swear. To get your profile approve na work. If you know you know.. I dey operate US Verified account with Phone number there.

As a copywriter, I took their English proficiency test recently and scored 4.7/5.. No time we must blow this year.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Grupo(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2018
FunnyDude:

Abeg who dey pay 30k for 500words. Which platform? Hope say no be fiverr you dey talk about. You fit introduce me I use God beg you wallahi.

30k is circa $100. Even Americans will think twice before offering such an amount to you for 500 words talk less of nairaland outsourcers. People should lie with sense sha.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by callydon(m): 9:50am On Jul 02, 2018
FunnyDude:

Upwork is strict I swear. To get your profile approve na work. If you know you know.. I dey operate US Verified account with Phone number there.

As a copywriter, I took their English proficiency test recently and scored 4.7/5.. No time we must blow this year.

I have an upwork account that i opened over 3yrs ago with Nigerian profile, though i haven't been using it lately.
Is there any trick to get more jobs offered to me? coz i rarely get jobs offered to me.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by FunnyDude(m): 9:55am On Jul 02, 2018
Grupo:

30k is circa $100. Even Americans will think twice before offering such an amount to you for 500 words talk less of nairaland outsourcers. People should lie with sense sha.

I fear oo. I for find that person.. Lols

Most Americans will offer you $10 for 500 words.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by FunnyDude(m): 9:59am On Jul 02, 2018
callydon:

I have an upwork account that i opened over 3yrs ago with Nigerian profile, though i haven't been using it lately.
Is there any trick to get more jobs offered to me? coz i rarely get jobs offered to me.

Just be creative. No working trick anywhere. Don't be deceived. Just be creative in your proposal.Make your profile 100%. Take their test too to boost your chances.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Aphrikanna: 10:05am On Jul 02, 2018
PLEASE WHO KNOWS WHERE I CAN BUY A PAYPAL BUSINESS ACCOUNT
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by penance(m): 11:19am On Jul 02, 2018
Grupo:

lols who dey talk about fiverr or upwork ?
I used to think like you until i saw a close relative get paid $100 for an article for a foreign tech company who is now retaining him, but before he got the package, he sent pitches on a daily basis to different companies for quite sometime.
Am not saying it's easy but it requires time and effort.
So my guy, money dey writing but to get am no easy but that my relative dey inspire me and i go reach dat level by the grace of God this year.hehehhehehe my fellow writers we go blow this year and leave those scammers behind witj their 1k job
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Grupo(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2018
penance:
lols who dey talk about fiverr or upwork ?
I used to think like you until i saw a close relative get paid $100 for an article for a foreign tech company who is now retaining him, but before he got the package, he sent pitches on a daily basis to different companies for quite sometime.
Am not saying it's easy but it requires time and effort.
So my guy, money dey writing but to get am no easy but that my relative dey inspire me and i go reach dat level by the grace of God this year.hehehhehehe my fellow writers we go blow this year and leave those scammers behind witj their 1k job

A few clients on these freelance websites will pay you such. But if you contact the clients directly, outside the platforms, they will pay you well.

I don't blame the scammers scamming people on here. If you are a writer, develop your portfolio, then go outside there on freelance platforms and hustle for high paying clients. For how long are you going to be collecting the shitty pay these outsourcers offer you?

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by penance(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2018
Grupo:

A few clients on these freelance websites will pay you such. But if you contact the clients directly, outside the platforms, they will pay you well.

I don't blame the scammers scamming people on here. If you are a writer, develop your portfolio, then go outside there on freelance platforms and hustle for high paying clients. For how long are you going to be collecting the shitty pay these outsourcers offer you?
True, we all on the same page.

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2018
micynute94:

Okay, thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by micynute94(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
FunnyDude:

Amen bro..

unlike Fiverr, if you bid too much without any success ... Na to carry your load dey go as they would suspend your account.. it happened to me when I was still a newbie on upwork . Had to restrategize
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Vanpidy(m): 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2018
Aphrikanna:
PLEASE WHO KNOWS WHERE I CAN BUY A PAYPAL BUSINESS ACCOUNT
Come to my whatsapp. I have for sale
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by david290(m): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2018
kaycodes:
It's a pity that some Nigerians will stop at nothing to defraud others. Yet we are wondering why we have such terrible leaders.

To all those taking outsourced jobs please be careful. Also try to venture out on your own.

1. Create an online presence with your work. A blog or personal website goes a long way.
2. Volunteer to write for websites for free but with your name mentioned as the author.
3. Register your own Upwork account and point clients to samples of your work when submitting proposals.

The process may take time but the rewards are endless.
While your points 1 and 2 were absolutely spot on, your point 3 though. Any serious writer having perfectly executed points 1 and 2 should avoid Upwork.
What I'll suggest as a replacement to Upwork include:
* Job boards like problogger and freelancewritinggigs.com.
* Joining relevant Facebook groups. Pro tip: join less of writers group but more of marketer and entrepreneur groups.
* Get published on authority and high trafficked websites like Entrepreneur and Forbes.
* Start pitching companies that fit into your ideal client profile.
* If you know credible writers like Bamidele or Emenike - friend them. These guys may not frequently outsource but you never know.
That mentioned, I'd say preference asterik 1 and 4. Executing them can be a pain in the ass at the start - but if you succeeded on Upwork - I can bet you'll succeed with those two client hunting tactics, too.

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by david290(m): 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2018
So, to add my little unsolicited opinion to the discourse...
First off, Fidel should without further delay pay up his writers.
And writers... look before you leap. Understand that the nature of our work put us at the recieving end (kind of) and leaves us with little to no recourse.
Few tips:
* Go easy with work with crazy deadlines
* Do some background check. If the moniker of the person posting the job is only a few days, months old - cricket number one. Now, copy that moniker and type this search string "is [insert the job poster profile name] a scammer + nairaland" into Google. If at the very least you found people discussing or insinuating that the job poster has multiple accounts... there you have it.
* One work, one pay - don't ever work in batches (or at least until trust has been built). If you turnaround and your hirer tries to hoodwink you into doing another work without paying for the first saying that it's only on this basis you can get your pay, decline, thank him/her, and move on. Also, never agree to be paid at the end of the month!
* Though unrelated - but if you can show your hirer live samples of your work and they still insisted on a "test article" - that test article should be paid for, especially if it's above hundred words.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.