Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,879 members, 7,851,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (390983 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 01ghostmode: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
wisehouse:
Nothing else than activating it by logging in into your Payoneer account. You will see where to activate it, just follow the instructions.

As for pro and con.
Always withdraw accumulated funds to save some charges. Not adviceable to check balance on ATM to save your $1 charge.
For better information go to Payoneer click the help menu for all the information you need.
Thanks so much for d tip.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by wisehouse(m): 8:41am On Nov 30, 2015
01ghostmode:

Thanks so much for d tip.
welcome
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jonaboy: 9:26am On Dec 01, 2015
Finally landed my first job on Upwork yesterday for $140 after placing a couple of bids and about 9 interview invitations most of which I declined because I feel I cannot conveniently execute the jobs.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
cheehummer:
thanks.
I understand these, what I don't understand is how upwork system works. my employer had to go tho escrow.com to set up a milestone, I thought he just pays to up work, and up work releases the funds to me.
I was directed to escrow.com to agree to the terms set out by my employer, there I discovered that the only viable payment method for me is through direct transfer which would cost $40. Is that usual?

Thanks

You will be using Upwork's escrow system. Escrow.com is a different company entirely, I think owned by EBay.

It also costs nothing.

It protects both you, and your client, so that no one goes back on their agreement.

Client can't suddenly pull out, without paying you. And you funds won't be released to you, short of fulfilling the terms you agreed.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
Geofavor:
As a newbie, i don't have a previous job i did or anyother thing to put in my portfolio. Please what should i do?

It's not really that important.

What skills do you currently have?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
01ghostmode:
Guys I've completed a job on upwork, bt d job still shows "on going" on my profile.
Do I've to go to d job details n click "end contract" to end d job?
Plz I need help cos contractors viewing my profile see dt I've an ongoing job n are unwilling to hire me.
Thanks guys.

If you end a contract by your self, your JSS will suffer.

Email your client to end it himself, and tell him to leave a fantastic rating. Hope you did a good job.

Having ongoing contracts will not affect you in any way.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
kloverneon:
Can someone please help me out with proposal bid samples. It is not as if I'll copy it but I would like to see it and learn how effective bids look like and also produce one too. After reading a whole lot about the wining bid, I feel empty upstairs whenever I want to bid. Please someone should help me out; just good proposal bid samples...

Remember it's another human being on the other end who wants to get his stuff done ad painlessly as possible.

Without being verbose, just tell him what you'll do for him, and why you are the best for the job.

Then give relevant examples.

Don't copy paste applications. And make it tailored to the specific task.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 01ghostmode: 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

If you end a contract by your self, your JSS will suffer.

Email your client to end it himself, and tell him to leave a fantastic rating. Hope you did a good job.

Having ongoing contracts will not affect you in any way.
Gosh!!! na me end d contract myself ooohhhh...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Hibiscuss(m): 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
jonaboy:
Finally landed my first job on Upwork yesterday for $140 after placing a couple of bids and about 9 interview invitations most of which I declined because I feel I cannot conveniently execute the jobs.

Congrat bro. What niche are you?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Geofavor(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

It's not really that important.
What skills do you currently have?
thanks. article writing/ rewriting/ humour writing.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jonaboy: 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hibiscuss:

Congrat bro. What niche are you?

Accounting and business report writing and; academic writing.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bassette(m): 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
stagger:
I have not even shown you my account snapshot from all my freelance accounts. If I open my Payoneer transaction PDF document from the last 6 years, people will faint here. That is why when Elance was coming to Nigeria for a seminar in Lagos four years ago, I was given a specal invitation to come for that event.

Those who think I will sell an ebook on this are joking. It will not happen. All I will advice you is this: forget about opening any freelance accounts. First things first. Go and acquire a skill and move up the freelance food chain.
Stagger am quite interested in your direction of thoughts...pls to get you clearly,what skill(s) would be necessary here pls
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bassette(m): 11:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Stagger pls can see you havent been here in a while but could you pls have a peep in to this thread as i really want to know how to contact you and your academy...i sincerely want to learn pls help out seriously...and thanks in anticipation
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by hisenjos: 9:51am On Dec 15, 2015
jonaboy:

Congratulations
We can help you get your funds from Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance, Leapviral, Upwork, domain name sales etc
We pay to your Naira bank account promptly.
Attractive rates
See signature for contact details.
You can send sms and we will call you.

https://www.nairaland.com/2359218/welcome-hisenjos-paypal-fiverr-freelancer
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dinachi(m): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
I keep getting error message while trying to log into my fiverr account. Pls what could be responsible?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dinachi(m): 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
It says request forbidden by administrative rules
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coderXO(m): 11:49am On Dec 21, 2015
I just made this post on ladywriter thread answering a question asked and I think it will be helpful here also:

------------------

morning sir, i want to ask please, I am planning to start learning web design, would 1 year be enough for me, and between web design and java programming which one will be feasible considering the time at my disposal; 1year. I was advised for web to go with HTML,CSS,php,JavaScript,mysql. what do you think?

Hello, sorry it took a while to respond. But here you go:

Web design and programming are two different things but they tend to get lumped to together.

A designer is not necessarily a programmer, and vice versa.

Equally, Java and Javascript programming are two very different things. Please indicate which you are referring to.

Saying you will learn and get a full grasp of Java in 1 year; I'm not sure you can.
Secondly, Java is not very useful these days though it is still used for some applications.

Everybody who works in the web development should know HTML & CSS.
This will be where you start. You can learn these within 3-4 months, with daily practice.

Following that, depending on which form of web development you want to go into, you will learn other things.

Graphic design , programming and/or databases.

If you go the route of programming (my field), I would suggest you learn Javascript next.

So you start off with HTML, CSS & Javascript first 6 months and the next 6 months on to a server side programming language ( any of: PHP, PERL, RUBY, ASP , .Net, Java ). Some really smart people know a variation of these altogether.

You will not be an expert at any of these in a year. Expertise comes with experience, practice and continual use.

But that is the way you get started.

Very Important!
----------------------

Continual use & practice is very very important. If you don't use it, you will lose it.

The very first language I learned many moons back was C; which helped me to learn Javascript, PERL & PHP eventually.

Today, I don't know much C or PERL.

PHP, Javascript, MySQL HTML CSS are my tools of trade today.

Good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Hibiscuss(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
coderXO:

Good luck.

What tools of learning do you suggest bro? I just got a xhtml for dummies series. Can I start from there?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by rotimileye(m): 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hi guys, I have a Level 1 Fiverr Seller account for sale. Very good account, United States based, 94% positive rating, 13 positive reviews. I have no time managing the account again cos of my job. If interested, call or WhatsApp 08069257028, or email rotimileye@gmail.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2015
Happy Holiday Seasons Guys!

I've been off for some time now, is obvious right? a freelancer is always up and doing. I'll be available to answer any questions bothering any freelancing activities.

Shalom!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by meetmal03(f): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
am finding it dificult to set up account up to 100% can somebody help me?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by silvoice(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2016
Eboy343:
am finding it dificult to set up account up to 100% can somebody help me?
take and pass any upwork test, if you're through with your profile.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by hisenjos: 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks letting us serve you in 2015. May you have a blessed and happy 2016.
May God shower you with His Abundant Grace and Mercies.
We can help you get your funds from Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance, Leapviral, Upwork, domain name sales etc
$10 -$10,000
We pay to your Naira bank account promptly.
Attractive rates
See signature for contact details.
You can send sms and we will call you
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by meetmal03(f): 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by meetmal03(f): 11:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by meetmal03(f): 12:09am On Jan 13, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2016
Writer Needed for High-Quality Articles

If you are a superb writer who write top-notch articles for international audience that must pass copy space, and totally void of plagiarism, then I need you to contact me ASAP. I have half a dozen articles BUT let's work on one article to get started. Feel free to suggest a topic you feel most comfortable with. Let me know if you would like me to pick a topic instead.

Freelancers on Upwork and freelancer.com are welcome to bid - Also let me know how you'll like to be paid. (Naira or Dollar). You should ofcourse show me an article you have anchored, or blog link of articles you've written.

Here's my contact email aprofessor@naij.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ACTUAL JOB POST:
We are looking for experienced writer(s) to write 6 high quality, well researched articles for publication on LinkedIn to promote a job board dedicated to jobs in higher education in Canada.
Our audience involves essentially university, college and research centres.

Articles may be on any relevant topic that this audience may appreciate and hence be encouraged to share.

Examples may include:
- employment/HR issues in Canadian universities
-career management
- research career
- union issues
- managing staff in unionized university environment
- innovation in education
- future of education,
- e-learning, etc.

Writer(s) must be native or be very fluent in English, familiar with LinkedIn and have extensive experience with Canadian colleges, universities or research centres.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by JSayin(f): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
victor101:
Hello Guys!
Yes, am a freelancer with Elance.com and Upwork.com willing to help the best I can.

Hello Victor101,

Thank you for this thread.

Could you and others who have experience on Upwork tell me the following?

1) What would you consider a good hourly rate to place on your Upwork profile? I just had my Upwork account set up. I specialize in writing eBooks and articles.
2) How much is the rate per 100/500/1,000 words on Upwork.

I have been on Freelancer for a while so I need to be familiarized with Upwork's modus operandi so I don't shoot myself in the foot and lose out on potential jobs.

Cheers.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 21, 2016
I'm developing eLanceNG.Com and I'm interested in collaborating with other Freelancers and getting feedback.

I have a few current jobs I'm interested in filling also.

Thank you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
JSayin:

Hello Victor101,

Thank you for this thread.

Could you and others who have experience on Upwork tell me the following?

1) What would you consider a good hourly rate to place on your Upwork profile? I just had my Upwork account set up. I specialize in writing eBooks and articles.
2) How much is the rate per 100/500/1,000 words on Upwork.

I have been on Freelancer for a while so I need to be familiarized with Upwork's modus operandi so I don't shoot myself in the foot and lose out on potential jobs.

Cheers.

Quote Prices are set at discretion. Your skills and rating determine how you'll bill clients, for a start: 100 words could be $1. I'll advise you build a reputation first- that should be the focus for now as a starter. Whish you the best.

Shalom!

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.