Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,798 members, 7,841,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (390027 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
JSayin:

Hello Victor101,

Thank you for this thread.

Could you and others who have experience on Upwork tell me the following?

1) What would you consider a good hourly rate to place on your Upwork profile? I just had my Upwork account set up. I specialize in writing eBooks and articles.
2) How much is the rate per 100/500/1,000 words on Upwork.

I have been on Freelancer for a while so I need to be familiarized with Upwork's modus operandi so I don't shoot myself in the foot and lose out on potential jobs.

Cheers.

Hi, Jsayin

Do you have time to write an article for me? kindly View my previous job post on this thread.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by meetmal03(f): 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by cybernaut(m): 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
Hello Victor,keep the good work on.I also make money on Elance now upwork.Friends please if you have skills in writing and graphic designing work,honestly you are good to go.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by JSayin(f): 12:20am On Jan 22, 2016
victor101:

Hi, Jsayin

Do you have time to write an article for me? kindly View my previous job post on this thread.

Evening Victor,

Sorry, I just read this.
Kindly check for an email with the subject 'RE: WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR ME?' in your inbox aprofessor@naij.com (check spam as well).

Cheers and look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by boladale(f): 8:38am On Jan 22, 2016
dinachi:
It says request forbidden by administrative rules

sorry, just saw your post, have you sorted it out? I had the same problem for days, though in my case the reason given was that my connection was not secure. eventually, i googled and found several suggestions as to what to do. I tried some and the next day I could open fiverr. I don't know precisely what worked.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Hibiscuss(m): 9:22am On Jan 22, 2016
boladale:

sorry, just saw your post, have you sorted it out? I had the same problem for days, though in my case the reason given was that my connection was not secure. eventually, i googled and found several suggestions as to what to do. I tried some and the next day I could open fiverr. I don't know precisely what worked.

Request forbidden is a minor issue. If you continue visiting these sites you will experience it often. Anytime you got this info, just disconnect and reconnect your modem. That will work.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dan55: 9:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nice
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by meetmal03(f): 12:51am On Jan 28, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
victor101:
Hello Guys!

Call me Victor.

Yes, am a freelancer with Elance.com and Upwork.com willing to help the best I can.

Why I Open this thread: The opportunities here are endless, just Working from home. I decided to open this thread; carved out from Lady writer's thread "How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online" which discuss more about freelancer.com. Here, new starters and old freelancers will gain ample knowledge to building a strong freelancing career. Here, our Mantra for success is "Love, Sharing and Hard-work" so if this sounds like what you are about, you are welcome.

My "AIM": It is expedient that I create this thread for freelancers who have questions or challenges in the aforementioned sites or other freelancing sites. The main purpose is to help people make good money using their skills, I have observed that guidance is necessary for an effective freelancing career.

SO, keep your questions and challenges rolling here, my aim is to solve those challenges for you. Shalom!

Kind Regards!

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS. HOPE I MET YOU ALL WELL? I THOUGHT I'D SHARE THIS HERE.

How to Manage Client Expectations

Freedom and flexibility of freelancing comes with the responsibility of managing expectations with many clients, who often differ in what they’re asking for, or expecting during a project.

Thus, it’s not surprising that often freelancers dealing with an upset client come looking for help. However, it is never late to turn the situation around and positive feedback from a grateful customer who had been frustrated and disappointed only a few days before is worth a lot. Here are a few common tips that we have heard from experienced freelancers when it comes to setting, managing and updating expectations with a client:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Always make sure you clearly understand the assignment, scope, deadlines and client’s expectations before you accept an offer. Ask questions, discuss and document all the terms and milestones. Consider everything that could wrong on a project and do your best to prevent it. Suggest breaking a fixed price contract into smaller, more manageable milestones or talk to your client about the weekly limit and allowing Manual Time on an hourly contract should you need it. Many experienced freelancers especially in the “Writing/Translation” and “Design” categories always make sure to specify the number of revisions they are able to offer. As A GURU. likes to say: “underpromise and overdeliver.”

Communicate, communicate, communicate.
Among the most common client complaints we receive is freelancers going unresponsive or missing, so we can’t stress enough how important it is to communicate often and professionally. If the client expressed their concerns with what’s being delivered, ask clarifying questions, listen carefully to what they have to say and propose possible solutions.

Don’t be pushed around
It’s very important to be able to take responsibility and improve your service when you didn’t deliver as well as expected. However, it doesn’t mean that you need to put up with unreasonable demands, endless revisions and groundless refund or discount requests. Politely, yet firmly, explain to the client that you have done what was asked of you, and will be able to make changes but at your posted rate and within a certain time frame.

Have you had projects that you lost sleep over? How did you handle them? Did you manage to turn an unhappy client into a long-term loyal customer? Please, share your experience and tips.

Curled from UPWORK Community Forum.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2016
I JUST NEED TWO FREELANCER TO JOIN ME ON THIS PROJECT. I'll prefer a freelancer who have a Laptop, steady power supply, Super fast internet speed and who's on skype. Here's the Job description from its original source. I have been chosen and given access to the platform to work on the data, but I need a partner to join force with me. If you're interested send me your skype add to aprofessor@naij.com , so we discuss. Here;s the actual job post.

We are evaluating data for a large technology company. Candidates will categorize data based on the guidelines we will provide. The task is simple - apply a label to each entry. We have ​a pool of about 150,000+ entries that everyone can work on (you may complete as many as you want).​ Each entry completed is paid for $0.060 (includes Upwork fee) for a total of $9000.

We expect more batches of entries to come in each week until we complete around 450,000 entries ($27,000!).

The work will be done with an online tool within the Chrome browser.

Job Requirements:
-Native speaker of English (US)
-Raised in USA and attended primary and secondary school in an area where English is widely spoken
-Some college preferred
-Proofreading experience preferred
-Ability to detect spelling mistakes in English
-Responsive and with excellent communication skills
-Willing to sign an NDA prior to any training or assignment of project Information
-Must have computer with an OS of Windows 7+ / Linux / Mac and a fast, stable internet connectivity

Full project details will be provided at project start. We expect to provide more work for freelancers who complete the initial assignment well and in a timely manner.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by facetofacestudy(m): 8:16am On Jan 30, 2016
Nice Post, Yes firstly I am working with upwork but I didn’t got any respond with this so I am working with facetofacestudy.com where i am teaching online to students.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by meetmal03(f): 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 1:09am On Feb 03, 2016
facetofacestudy:
Nice Post, Yes firstly I am working with upwork but I didn’t got any respond with this so I am working with facetofacestudy.com where i am teaching online to students.

Hi facetofacestudy,
Could you please explain what this facetofacestudy platform is all about and how can freelancers tap into the opportunities therein.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by meetmal03(f): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
meetmal03:
Our Withdrawal rates still 240 for a dollar

Whatsapp:+447423097893
Text:08104323941

Check out our reviews on:

https://www.nairaland.com/2861091/withdraw-etc-via-paypal

Hi Meetmal03, I'd like to have a discussion with you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Danyl(m): 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
@victor101, please can you explain how up work interview works? I have been invited to an interview but since I filled the interview and respond to the client's message I have not seen any other message from him yet on my dashboard am seeing active candidacy. each time I log in its the same thing.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mubitechnology: 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
victor101:
Hello Guys!

Call me Victor.

Yes, am a freelancer with Elance.com and Upwork.com willing to help the best I can.

Why I Open this thread: The opportunities here are endless, just Working from home. I decided to open this thread; carved out from Lady writer's thread "How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online" which discuss more about freelancer.com. Here, new starters and old freelancers will gain ample knowledge to building a strong freelancing career. Here, our Mantra for success is "Love, Sharing and Hard-work" so if this sounds like what you are about, you are welcome.

My "AIM": It is expedient that I create this thread for freelancers who have questions or challenges in the aforementioned sites or other freelancing sites. The main purpose is to help people make good money using their skills, I have observed that guidance is necessary for an effective freelancing career.

SO, keep your questions and challenges rolling here, my aim is to solve those challenges for you. Shalom!

Kind Regards!

good day sir, i currently don't have a master card to activate my freelancer account and i have use of the limited number of bid given with out successful landing any job, please help a brother with any writing job that i can do outside freelancer, you check out my blog at techarewa.com for a sample of articles i wrote.

best regard.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mubitechnology: 11:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
stagger:
The starting point is: what skill do these guys have? If you have no skill you will be earning peanuts!

But if you have real skills, employers will come with thousands of dollars begging you to do their work. I made $50,000 from a Latvian company on Elance in 2013 alone. That company alone paid my rent that year and a jeep I bought.

You have to be on top of the food chain. All this talk about profile building without skills is a waste of time.

I even give 10k, 20k jobs to students because I am too busy now and work with few high paying companies now. There is even a php developer I know based in Lagos who has done more than 700 jobs on freelancer. When u reach that stage jobs will be chasing you, not you chasing $2 per 500 words peanut butter change.

big bro help a brother with writing job, you can check my sample at techarewa.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mubitechnology: 12:26am On Feb 08, 2016
victor101:
I JUST NEED TWO FREELANCER TO JOIN ME ON THIS PROJECT. I'll prefer a freelancer who have a Laptop, steady power supply, Super fast internet speed and who's on skype. Here's the Job description from its original source. I have been chosen and given access to the platform to work on the data, but I need a partner to join force with me. If you're interested send me your skype add to aprofessor@naij.com , so we discuss. Here;s the actual job post.

We are evaluating data for a large technology company. Candidates will categorize data based on the guidelines we will provide. The task is simple - apply a label to each entry. We have ​a pool of about 150,000+ entries that everyone can work on (you may complete as many as you want).​ Each entry completed is paid for $0.060 (includes Upwork fee) for a total of $9000.

We expect more batches of entries to come in each week until we complete around 450,000 entries ($27,000!).

The work will be done with an online tool within the Chrome browser.

I just send you my skype username

Job Requirements:
-Native speaker of English (US)
-Raised in USA and attended primary and secondary school in an area where English is widely spoken
-Some college preferred
-Proofreading experience preferred
-Ability to detect spelling mistakes in English
-Responsive and with excellent communication skills
-Willing to sign an NDA prior to any training or assignment of project Information
-Must have computer with an OS of Windows 7+ / Linux / Mac and a fast, stable internet connectivity

Full project details will be provided at project start. We expect to provide more work for freelancers who complete the initial assignment well and in a timely manner.

i just send you my skype username
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mojeed4(m): 12:45am On Feb 08, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I'm developing eLanceNG.Com and I'm interested in collaborating with other Freelancers and getting feedback.

I have a few current jobs I'm interested in filling also.

Thank you.

Hello. I will be interested in some of your work in case you are still overloaded. Please you can email me on ogungbireadedolapo@gmail.com
thanks in advance.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 3:56am On Feb 08, 2016
We can help you withdraw your earnings from Elance,Fiverr, Freelancer,Upwork,paypal and help you make payments with paypal and also sell paypal funds.

EXCHANGE RATE : 240 to $1

We already have satisfied customers enjoying my Top-notch Service. So Join the train. smiley

Contact
BBM:529D18D7, Whatsapp:+971555821385

https://www.nairaland.com/2628692/withdraw-paypal-funds-etc-click
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 10:54am On Feb 08, 2016
Danyl:
@victor101, please can you explain how up work interview works? I have been invited to an interview but since I filled the interview and respond to the client's message I have not seen any other message from him yet on my dashboard am seeing active candidacy. each time I log in its the same thing.
@victor101. Please respond to this situation. I'm currently having the same challenge. Thanks for sacrificing your time.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by meetmal03(f): 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by uzuz(f): 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
ranson:

@victor101. Please respond to this situation. I'm currently having the same challenge. Thanks for sacrificing your time.

Not everyone that is invited to an interview is granted one.

It is just like when elance was active, clients invite you to place a bid, that is the same way client invites you to an interview; it does not guarantee that the interview will hold. It can be possible that the client have spoken to someone else and are happy for them to work with him.

When a client invites you for an interview, you have the opportunity whilst accepting to explain your understanding of the project as reading through that first phase can make them want to talk further with you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
uzuz:

Not everyone that is invited to an interview is granted one.

It is just like when elance was active, clients invite you to place a bid, that is the same way client invites you to an interview; it does not guarantee that the interview will hold. It can be possible that the client have spoken to someone else and are happy for them to work with him.

When a client invites you for an interview, you have the opportunity whilst accepting to explain your understanding of the project as reading through that first phase can make them want to talk further with you.
Thanks for the response.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 12:40am On Feb 09, 2016
meetmal03:

Hi dear,
Please drop your contact or call 08104323941

Here's my contact: aprofessor@naij.com Thanks for your response.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 1:18am On Feb 09, 2016
ranson:

@Danyl wrote:

Please can you explain how up work interview works? I have been invited to an interview but since I filled the interview and respond to the client's message I have not seen any other message from him yet on my dashboard am seeing active candidacy. each time I log in its the same thing.

My Response:

Hi Danyl, It could be that the client has chosen another candidate for the job, simply click on : "Proposal" on the top menu, then click on the exact job under "active candidacies" .Check the right side under "activity for this job" to see if he has hired someone else, if he hasn't, send him a reminder message to know if the job is still vacant and your willingness to tackle the job.

UPWORK INTERVIEW: HOW IT WORKS

When you are invited for an interview by a client, it means the client had searched you out from the pool of freelancers on Upwork and decided to invite you to bid on the job. I'll not treat this topic without dishing out some advice/tips.

MY ADVICE

Please respond to all job invite in less than 24hrs. This is necessary to boost your "Response Time" which displays on the right side of Upwok profile. see screenshot below (see red arrow) and Also shown on your Upwork search result profile as see in your profile setting page screenshot attached (see red arrow).

Also, even when you are declining such invitation, It is important you respond in less than 24hrs. With the 24hrs response time on your profile, Clients who search for you will be rest assured of a response in less than 24hrs. Moreso, your profile pops up frequently on search results. On my next post, I'll write on Upwork Job Success Score .

Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 9:16am On Feb 09, 2016
victor101:

@Danyl wrote:

Please can you explain how up work interview works? I have been invited to an interview but since I filled the interview and respond to the client's message I have not seen any other message from him yet on my dashboard am seeing active candidacy. each time I log in its the same thing.

My Response:

Hi Danyl, It could be that the client has chosen another candidate for the job, simply click on : "Proposal" on the top menu, then click on the exact job under "active candidacies" .Check the right side under "activity for this job" to see if he has hired someone else, if he hasn't, send him a reminder message to know if the job is still vacant and your willingness to tackle the job.

When you are invited for an interview by a client, it means the client had searched you out from the pool of freelancers on Upwork and decided to invite you to bid on the job. I'll not treat this topic without dishing out some advice/tips.

MY ADVICE

Please respond to all job invite in less than 24hrs. This is necessary to boost your "Response Time" which displays on the right side of Upwok profile. see screenshot below (see red arrow) and Also shown on your Upwork search result profile as see in your profile setting page screenshot attached (see red arrow).

Also, even when you are declining such invitation, It is important you respond in less than 24hrs. With the 24hrs response time on your profile, Clients who search for you will be rest assured of a response in less than 24hrs. Moreso, your profile pops up frequently on search results. On my next post, I'll write on Upwork Job Success Score .

Shalom!
Thanks. God Bless You.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by facetofacestudy(m): 6:32am On Feb 10, 2016
Hi Ransom,
Facetofacestudy.com is an online portal , it give teachers an opportunity to teach in freelancing to the students available online worldwide,
If your are interested in earning from education distribution than it is a huge opportunity for you.
Rates of your lectures are decided by you and individuals who are interested to pursue the course on given rate can contact directly.
To show your skills to students you have to deliver one free demo class online and if they found it satisfying then course could be followed with full payment.
If you want to grab this opportunity of freelancing then be on the given website, register and you shall have great chances of earning

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 9:43am On Feb 10, 2016
facetofacestudy:
Hi Ransom,
Facetofacestudy.com is an online portal , it give teachers an opportunity to teach in freelancing to the students available online worldwide,
If your are interested in earning from education distribution than it is a huge opportunity for you.
Rates of your lectures are decided by you and individuals who are interested to pursue the course on given rate can contact directly.
To show your skills to students you have to deliver one free demo class online and if they found it satisfying then course could be followed with full payment.
If you want to grab this opportunity of freelancing then be on the given website, register and you shall have great chances of earning
Thanks for your response. I've registered on the site. I'm trying to put some materials together for the lecture demo. I might soon need your assistance. I hope you will be available even if it meant saying some token for time and consult. Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Danyl(m): 9:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
victor101:

@Danyl wrote:

My Response:

MY ADVICE

Shalom!
Thanks for your response. when I checked 'activity for this job' I saw 144 applicants, 36 interview, and open job 1. My guess is the job is still open what is your view on this please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.