Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (389538 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
Danyl:

Thanks for your response. when I checked 'activity for this job' I saw 144 applicants, 36 interview, and open job 1. My guess is the job is still open what is your view on this please?

He hasn't hired yet. "36 interviews?" this client isn't serious to hire, he might be one of those clients that would want to direct you to another site, thus involving your profile to "circumvention" and violation of Upwork policy. Please just watch out. Upwork doesn't take it likely when a client or frelancer tries to pay or receive money upside of Upwork payment protection. Some clients may want to offer to pay outside of Upwork, either through Paypal. I'd advice you cut-off communication with such a client, or report to Upwork Support. Violation of Upwork Policies reduce your reputation in the community, thus endangering your job success score.

Happy Working

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
victor101:

He hasn't hired yet. "36 interviews?" this client isn't serious to hire, he might be one of those clients that would want to direct you to another site, thus involving your profile to "circumvention" and violation of Upwork policy. Please just watch out. Upwork doesn't take it likely when a client or frelancer tries to pay or receive money upside of Upwork payment protection. Some clients may want to offer to pay outside of Upwork, either through Paypal. I'd advice you cut-off communication with such a client, or report to Upwork Support. Violation of Upwork Policies reduce your reputation in the community, thus endangering your job success score.

Happy Working

Shalom!

Hi victor101,
I have tried countless efforts on Upwork but none of it is working. Please advice me because I like the platform but nothing is working. I have taken 4 tests of which I ranked well, but nothing is happening even when I try to source penny pays. Please help. I think what I need is review.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have another project for highly dedicated transcriptionist (editor/proofreader), if you're interested, read the job application culled from the main source. I have been awarded the project, I need one or two freelancers to join efforts on this project.

QA, Proofreading and Editors

To whom it may concern,

I require high quality QAs for an ongoing professional relationship.

Only the best QAs will be selected for this opportunity. Successful workers will be able to work as much as they want, when they want.

There will be many hours of work available everyday, giving you total flexibility.

I require 2 high quality QAs to proofread and edit audio transcriptions.

Looking forward to working with you!

Send me an email with the subject - "Transcriptionist available for your project." to aprofessor@naij.com

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
victor101:
Hi Guys,

I have another project for highly dedicated transcriptionist (editor/proofreader), if you're interested, read the job application culled from the main source. I have been awarded the project, I need one or two freelancers to join efforts on this project.

QA, Proofreading and Editors

To whom it may concern,

I require high quality QAs for an ongoing professional relationship.

Only the best QAs will be selected for this opportunity. Successful workers will be able to work as much as they want, when they want.

There will be many hours of work available everyday, giving you total flexibility.

I require 2 high quality QAs to proofread and edit audio transcriptions.

Looking forward to working with you!

Send me an email with the subject - "Transcriptionist available for your project." to aprofessor@naij.com

Shalom.
bros victor,please help a poor soul,kindly send the details on how one begin this elance or upwork thing.my email is zeek3770@gmail.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Joeace3000(m): 7:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
The emphasis for noobs coming into freelancing once again is GET SKILLS.. and don't run after money hopelessly
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
Joeace3000:
The emphasis for noobs coming into freelancing once again is GET SKILLS.. and don't run after money hopelessly
thanks man
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Joeace3000(m): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
Majestee:
thanks man

You are welcome big man. If you have questions regarding what i said.. I am always available
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by JSayin(f): 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2016
victor101:

Hi, Jsayin

Do you have time to write an article for me? kindly View my previous job post on this thread.

Victor101,

With all due respect, I want to state my disappointment in you.

You asked me if I could write an article for you, I IMMEDIATELY replied as soon as I saw the message on this thread and emailed you privately.Till today, you did not acknowledge my reply or even respond to my comment on this thread.

There is a lady who manages a similar thread on Freelancer.com. I have never had cause to write her and not receive a reply. Even when she is busy, she will apologize and eventually reply.

I found your thread because things have been a bit slow on Freelancer and I wanted to explore other avenues but I found your action(s) very snobbish. Maybe you did not do it intentionally or it was an oversight but trust me when I say it is very demeaning to treat someone that way.

I've spoken my mind and I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
JSayin:

Victor101,

With all due respect, I want to state my disappointment in you.

You asked me if I could write an article for you, I IMMEDIATELY replied as soon as I saw the message on this thread and emailed you privately.Till today, you did not acknowledge my reply or even respond to my comment on this thread.

There is a lady who manages a similar thread on Freelancer.com. I have never had cause to write her and not receive a reply. Even when she is busy, she will apologize and eventually reply.

I found your thread because things have been a bit slow on Freelancer and I wanted to explore other avenues but I found your action(s) very snobbish. Maybe you did not do it intentionally or it was an oversight but trust me when I say it is very demeaning to treat someone that way.

I've spoken my mind and I rest my case.

Madam, sorry no vex! You just gave an answer. It wasn't intentional.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Toka1992(m): 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thank you so much for such an insightful article!

Yes, you can make a living from freelancing, I too, am a living proof.

This article on eWorker.co is a very helpful one if you would like to learn more and also make money freelancing.

"How To Make Extra Income As A 5-9 Freelancer in Africa"

Click >>> http://eworker.co/blogs/how-to-make-extra-income-as-a-5-9-freelancer-in-africa/ <<<

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by JSayin(f): 10:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
victor101:

Madam, sorry no vex! You just gave an answer. It wasn't intentional.

Don't worry. I've learn't my lesson.
Not everything appears as it really seems.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
JSayin:

Don't worry. I've learn't my lesson.
Not everything appears as it really seems.

Madam, I don't understand... I think I have discretion either to reply emails or not to. I don't think I owe you any apologies. Take it easy!!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by JSayin(f): 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
victor101:

Madam, I don't understand... I think I have discretion either to reply emails or not to. I don't think I owe you any apologies. Take it easy!!

I have 'hiard'
I also have discretion to reply to a comment in the manner I want to.
Thank you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
Majestee:
bros victor,please help a poor soul,kindly send the details on how one begin this elance or upwork thing.my email is zeek3770@gmail.com

Hi Majestee.
wrote: bros victor,please help a poor soul,kindly send the details on how one begin this elance or upwork thing.my email is zeek3770@gmail.com

Mr Majestee, Could you not use the bolded word? I'll advise that you read the thread from the beginning, then let me know where you're having a challenge.

Send me an email aprofessor@naij.com as it's the season of LOVE, I can help you with your Upwork profile make-over. Cheers!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Danyl(m): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
victor101:

Happy Working

Shalom!
thank you very much
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
victor101:

Hi Majestee.
wrote: bros victor,please help a poor soul,kindly send the details on how one begin this elance or upwork thing.my email is zeek3770@gmail.com

Mr Majestee, Could you not use the bolded word? I'll advise that you read the thread from the beginning, then let me know where you're having a challenge.thanks Vic,i'll mail you asap

Send me an email aprofessor@naij.com as it's the season of LOVE, I can help you with your Upwork profile make-over. Cheers!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by facetofacestudy(m): 10:13am On Feb 17, 2016
Hi Ransom,
I'll surely help you out in anyway, no issues at all and if you want to mail me any query in regard than you are welcome to mail me at facetofacestudy.com@gmail.com
Have A Nice Day
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2016
facetofacestudy:
Hi Ransom,
I'll surely help you out in anyway, no issues at all and if you want to mail me any query in regard than you are welcome to mail me at @gmail.com
Have A Nice Day

Thanks. I will surely contact you soon.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:54am On Feb 18, 2016
Hi All,

For my latest project, I need just two freelancers that lives in either USA, CANADA, or AUSTRALIA to join me on an online researching/writing/copy editing project for WIKIPEDIA. I'll give you more details via SKYPE.

Send your Skype ID and why you think I should consider you for this opportunity to aprofessor@naij.com

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2016
@Victor101, USA, CANADA, or AUSTRALIA? How about we in Niger? I suggest the project has to with those places.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2016
ranson:
@Victor101, USA, CANADA, or AUSTRALIA? How about we in Niger? I suggest the project has to with those places.

Yes it has to do with those places ( It's IP specific)
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by callydon(m): 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
This victor101 of a guy, jst keeps on posting stuffs here without even replying to emails sent to him abi na her

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
callydon:
This victor101 of a guy, jst keeps on posting stuffs here without even replying to emails sent to him abi na her

Does "Victor" sound feminine to you?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
callydon:
Victor101 always respond to issues. He is the OP of this tread.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by callydon(m): 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
ranson:

Victor101 always respond to issues. He is the OP of this tread.
I hear Yu
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
I need 3-4 High-Calibre freelancers to join me on a project for my client:

Write High-Quality article on a "Sugar Daddy" niche. You'll have to choose a topic to write on, which must pass copyspace. Article must be well researched and of top quality, free of plagarism and also must pass copy-space.. Are you interested? send your suggested topic/proposal to aprofessor@naij.com

Price: $5 400 words ( I may add some more bonus for that stellar-article)

Happy bidding.

Shalom.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by chineduho: 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
Make google your friend & you wouldnt need to depend on anyone.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
Phewww. Victor101 do check your mail and try to respond
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
Martins301:
Phewww. Victor101 do check your mail and try to respond

Please send your queries here, so other freelancers can benefit from the response. Thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by david290(m): 12:07am On Mar 09, 2016
Good day people. I got this job but am quite busy now. I will like you to read the below very carefully. If you're interested please reach me via my email (samuelolawale03@gmail.com) with a sample of your work and your rate per 500 words. Please note, only serious and excellent writers and be ready to commence work immediately. Good luck. Hello, we are looking for a writer who can complete every 500 words in no more than 2 hours. The writer should also be able to complete between 3000 to 4000 words a day. Some of the niches include; biographies, product reviews, automotive, self-improvement, home improvement, food and nutrition, health and fitness, arts and entertainmet, science, computer and technology, sports, finance, commerce et cetera. We require someone for an immediate start and I should let you know that the first few articles will be reviewed within the first six hours of working with us if you get hired. If your articles do not meet our quality standards or our content team do not find them satisfactory by any standard, you will be paid for them and the contract will have to be terminated. Please feel free to ask any questions, thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by memyselfandI: 4:01am On Mar 09, 2016
Hello Upworkers, I am a newbie. Please, when is the best time to bid for jobs on upwork? Do I have to open my own paypal account even though I want to use the services of nairaland exchangers? When a job is in progress and 'funded' is written beside the amount agreed by you and the client, what does it mean? Must I start at entry level? I have seen jobs that I can comfortably execute in the intermediate level, what do I do? Thanks in advance.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 09, 2016
victor101:

Please send your queries here, so other freelancers can benefit from the response. Thanks

It was a response to your advert on this thread and two others. Am I supposed to post it here

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.