Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

JW For Dummies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / JW For Dummies (2873 Views)

A Group For Former Nigerian Jw And Awakened Jws (jehovah's Witnesses) / 1914 Of The JW Has It Any Authenticity In History? / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
Have you ever been disturbed on a relaxed Saturday morning by unexpected strangers knocking on your front door? Out front are two well-dressed people, holding briefcases, who are offering free magazines and eager to talk to you about God’s Kingdom. They say they’re from the local Kingdom Hall and seem to know the bible well. In fact, they can quote scripture from memory and appear to have answers for all your questions. Did you ever wonder who these people are, where they come from and what they believe?

Who Are They? 

The religious group known as Jehovah's Witnesses originated in Pennsylvania in the 1870's as a small group of followers of Charles Taze Russell. Today they have branched out into more than 200 countries with over 6 million members zealously spreading their gospel. These faithful men and women, known for their refusal to vote, salute the flag, celebrate holidays and receive blood transfusions, are led by a large organization, headquartered in Brooklyn, New York, called the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Members of this religion freely spend hours per month - some as many as 90 hours or more - going door-to-door, handing out religious literature and conducting free in-home bible studies with prospective converts. As dedicated and sincere as they are, unfortunately, many of their teachings are sharply opposed to the teachings of biblical Christianity. Let’s quickly review several teachings of the Jehovah’s Witnesses by quoting Watchtower magazines and contrasting them with the Bible:

Doctrines 

Jesus Christ

The Watchtower says: “The foremost angel, both in power and authority, is the archangel, Jesus Christ, also called Michael.”[i]

The Bible says: Jesus is “....so much better than the angels....Let all God’s angels worship Him”.[ii]   

Salvation

The Watchtower says: “....come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation....”[v]

Jesus says: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”[vi]  

Resurrection

The Watchtower says: “Jesus died and was resurrected by God as a spirit creature....”[vii]

Jesus says: “Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up....He was speaking of the temple of His body.”[viii]  

Works

The Watchtower says: “To get one’s name written in that Book of Life will depend upon one’s works.”[ix]

The Bible says: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith....it is the gift of God, not by works.”[x]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: JW For Dummies by rottennaija(m): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2015
paulGrundy:
Have you ever been disturbed on a relaxed Saturday morning by unexpected strangers knocking on your front door? Out front are two well-dressed people, holding briefcases, who are offering free magazines and eager to talk to you about God’s Kingdom. They say they’re from the local Kingdom Hall and seem to know the bible well. In fact, they can quote scripture from memory and appear to have answers for all your questions. Did you ever wonder who these people are, where they come from and what they believe?

Who Are They? 

The religious group known as Jehovah's Witnesses originated in Pennsylvania in the 1870's as a small group of followers of Charles Taze Russell. Today they have branched out into more than 200 countries with over 6 million members zealously spreading their gospel. These faithful men and women, known for their refusal to vote, salute the flag, celebrate holidays and receive blood transfusions, are led by a large organization, headquartered in Brooklyn, New York, called the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Members of this religion freely spend hours per month - some as many as 90 hours or more - going door-to-door, handing out religious literature and conducting free in-home bible studies with prospective converts. As dedicated and sincere as they are, unfortunately, many of their teachings are sharply opposed to the teachings of biblical Christianity. Let’s quickly review several teachings of the Jehovah’s Witnesses by quoting Watchtower magazines and contrasting them with the Bible:

Doctrines 

Jesus Christ

The Watchtower says: “The foremost angel, both in power and authority, is the archangel, Jesus Christ, also called Michael.”[i]

The Bible says: Jesus is “....so much better than the angels....Let all God’s angels worship Him”.[ii]  

The Soul of Man

The Watchtower says: “The soul dies; it does not live on after death.”[iii]

Jesus says: “Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.”[iv]  

Salvation

The Watchtower says: “....come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation....”[v]

Jesus says: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”[vi]  

Resurrection

The Watchtower says: “Jesus died and was resurrected by God as a spirit creature....”[vii]

Jesus says: “Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up....He was speaking of the temple of His body.”[viii]  

Works

The Watchtower says: “To get one’s name written in that Book of Life will depend upon one’s works.”[ix]

The Bible says: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith....it is the gift of God, not by works.”[x]  

What's your point on this?

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by bingbagbo(m): 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
Re: JW For Dummies by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
*sighs* Another idiot on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by Tonykings: 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
SirWere:
*sighs* Another idiot on Nairaland

How sir?
Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
rottennaija:

The thread is self explanatory.

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tonykings:

How sir?
The Op obviously did not do any research, just copied a link and pasted it on NL
Re: JW For Dummies by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
Jehovah witnesses are agents of d devils .. av confronted dem countless tyms ...dey always run away not able 2 withstand d power of d holy Spirit... pple possessed by seducing spirits .
BTW ...I dare ny child of d devil to quote me and I will gv u wat u nid .. check my posts

2 Likes

Re: JW For Dummies by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
paulGrundy:

The thread is self explanatory.
its very easy 2 deal with dier kind...NY TEACHING DAT PROPAGATES D FOLLOWING IS FROM D PIT OF HELL
u don't nid 2 no d whole Bible 2 be able 2 decipher
1)denying dat Jesus Christ is God..
2)denying d existence of hell
3)denying d existence of miracle power of d holy Ghost

2 Likes

Re: JW For Dummies by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
SirWere:
The Op obviously did not do any research, just copied a link and pasted it on NL
u children of d devil denying Jesus is God...REPENT

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
rottennaija:

Jesus is God
Re: JW For Dummies by Jozzy4: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
horlaleykan:
Jesus is God

You mean Almighty God ?

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by rottennaija(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
horlaleykan:
Jesus is God
I didn't ask you the question
Re: JW For Dummies by Jozzy4: 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
SirWere:

Research ? He didnt , just leave him in his darkness , for example he said JEHOVAH witnesses said soul die , but because he is a liar he didnt include Ezekiel 18:4 ! Which said soul die , cus that will forfeit his plan . But went ahead to quote that same verse that destroy his argument , Jesus Said : " do not fear those that kill the body but cannot kill the soul, but fear him who can DESTROY both soul and body in gehenna" matt 10:28 Imagine , how plainly the verse confirms that soul can be destroyed ! Its not immortal , it can be destroyed .

Let me be sarcastic here , in the ops bible the verse said " fear him who can destroy both soul and BODY in hell " my bros , pls where do body of a dead man go ? Grave or an imaginary hell . Coz the Op'S BIBLE said body they go hell o , am yet to see a dead body that didnt go to grave but actually disappeared into hell .

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by milkymesh: 5:55am On Sep 13, 2015
Any one taking Paulgrundy serious here must be very gullible. He was once a witness who is now disgruntled because he was chased out for for wrong doing as a result of his unrepentant attitude.
I have read so many of his post and other JW opposers. It drive to me to do research about them.
@Paulgrundy, u were a witness for about three decades. Tell NL in the name of God why you were chased out and stop attacking them. I have works mates, classmate, neighbors, even relatives who are JWs. I hate peopl spreading lies about good people out of spite, hate or "dog in the manger "attitude.
Be careful and restrict your lies and attack to your blog.
Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 7:30am On Sep 13, 2015
horlaleykan:

its very easy 2 deal with dier kind...NY TEACHING DAT PROPAGATES D FOLLOWING IS FROM D PIT OF HELL
u don't nid 2 no d whole Bible 2 be able 2 decipher
1)denying dat Jesus Christ is God..
2)denying d existence of hell
3)denying d existence of miracle power of d holy Ghost

Spot on! Anyone who is interested in finding out accurate and truthful information about paul Grundy and witnesses should visit

[size=18pt]jwfacts.com
[/size]

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 7:36am On Sep 13, 2015
Jozzy4:

Research ? He didnt , just leave him in his darkness , for example he said JEHOVAH witnesses said soul die , but because he is a liar he didnt include Ezekiel 18:4 ! Which said soul die , cus that will forfeit his plan . But went ahead to quote that same verse that destroy his argument , Jesus Said : " do not fear those that kill the body but cannot kill the soul, but fear him who can DESTROY both soul and body in gehenna" matt 10:28 Imagine , how plainly the verse confirms that soul can be destroyed ! Its not immortal , it can be destroyed .

Let me be sarcastic here , in the ops bible the verse said " fear him who can destroy both soul and BODY in hell " my bros , pls where do body of a dead man go ? Grave or an imaginary hell . Coz the Op'S BIBLE said body they go hell o , am yet to see a dead body that didnt go to grave but actually disappeared into hell .

When the beggar Lazarus and the rich man died in Luke 16:19-31, where did they go to??
You'll observe that in v29 and 31, Jesus spoke of Moses and the prophets, implying that he was talking about a real life scenerio.

Note» Jesus was not speaking figuratively when he spoke about them.
Re: JW For Dummies by Jozzy4: 8:36am On Sep 13, 2015
paulGrundy:

When the beggar Lazarus and the rich man died in Luke 16:19-31, where did they go to??
You'll observe that in v29 and 31, Jesus spoke of Moses and the prophets, implying that he was talking about a real life scenerio.
Note» Jesus was not speaking figuratively when he spoke about them.
Honestly, you have to contradict many scripture to support your heresy .

If taken real , it contradicts ecclesistes 9:5 that said the dead knows nothing .

If taken real , you contradict psalm 37:25 that said the righteous dont beg for food , whereas the righteous Lazarus begs , he is a beggar . Lol psalm 37:25 contradict .
------
The story itself is not real ,

1) if the dead actually go to the bossom of one man called Abraham , pls how would Abel who died go to the bossom of Abraham that has not yet been born ? Dont tell me its symbolic of a place , then u render the whole as parable . grin

2) a ghost having TONGUE? Dig his grave&u would find his tongue
Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2015
Jozzy4:

Honestly, you have to contradict many scripture to support your heresy .

If taken real , it contradicts ecclesistes 9:5 that said the dead knows nothing

I don't think you've NOT taken time to properly compare scriptures, check out Luke 23:43;

" And Jesus said unto him, verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise"

^^ that was what he told the repentant thief on the cross. Apparently when people die, they almost immediately go to a heaven or hell, remember after death is judgement. The dead are conscious of nothing at all because the spirit have left the physical body which is sheol, hades, or the grave.

If taken real , you contradict psalm 37:25 that said the righteous dont beg for food , whereas the righteous Lazarus begs , he is a beggar . Lol psalm 37:25 contradict .
------

Point of correction I was not the one who said the story of the beggar lazarus and the richman it was Jesus, do you make him to be a liar??

The story itself is not real ,

1) if the dead actually go to the bossom of one man called Abraham , [b]pls how would Abel who died go to the bossom of Abraham that has not yet been born ?

Am very certain Abel would together with the righteous patraichs- Isaac, abraham and co judge the world.

[s]Dont tell me its symbolic of a place , then u render the whole as parable . grin[/s]

2) a ghost having TONGUE? Dig his grave&u would find his tongue

Have you seen a ghost before?
Re: JW For Dummies by Jozzy4: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
paulGrundy:

I don't think you've NOT taken time to properly compare scriptures, check out Luke 23:43;

" And Jesus said unto him, verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise"

^^ that was what he told the repentant thief on the cross. Apparently when people die, they almost immediately go to a heaven or hell, remember after death is judgement. The dead are conscious of nothing at all because the spirit have left the physical body which is sheol, hades, or the grave.

funny guy
Am sure you know man and animals have the same spirit @ bold , what is that spirit ? And pls where does the spirit go when a person dies ?

Point of correction I was not the one who said the story of the beggar lazarus and the richman it was Jesus, do you make him to be a liar??

Its a story , okay ! Not meant to be taken literally , by taking it literally you have made Jesus A Liar (psalm 37:25 )

Am very certain Abel would together with the righteous patraichs- Isaac, abraham and co judge the world.

Once again: did Abel die and go to the bossom of a man called Abraham ? grin mayb Abraham has been born at that time .

Have you seen a ghost before?

Use ur thinkin faculty , a MAN's tongue is buried with him in his grave . That should tell you that the whole description is full of parable like camel passing through a needle .

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Jozzy4:

funny guy
Am sure you know man and animals have the same spirit @ bold , what is that spirit ? And pls where does the spirit go when a person dies ?

The bible was not mistaken when it clearly differentiated between a body, soul and spirit. Hebrews 4:12

Its a story , okay ! Not meant to be taken literally , by taking it literally you have made Jesus A Liar (psalm 37:25 )

Apostle Paul is a rightoes man, and he has been in lack before what do you think?

Philippians 4:12New International Version (NIV)

12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Hence that alone is not enough to invalidite the reality of lazarus and the rich mans story. Besides Abraham and the prophets are real life characters mentioned in the story which you deliberatly ignored.

Once again: did Abel die and go to the bossom of a man called Abraham ? grin mayb Abraham has been born at that time[/b]

Abraham was not born then, but its possible that Abel was instantly made a judge just like the patraichs and born again saints after him. 1corithians 6:2-4

[quote]Use ur thinkin faculty , a MAN's tongue is buried with him in his grave . That should tell you that the whole description is full of parable like camel passing through a needle .

Who chooses what should be taken figurativly or literally? The watchtower or biblical exegenesis?

I can point out up to 10 watchtower contradictions on ressurection, spirit, soul doctrine.
Re: JW For Dummies by Jozzy4: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
paulGrundy:

The bible was not mistaken when it clearly differentiated between a body, soul and spirit. Hebrews 4:12

Lol , u don run to hebrews ! grin

Nice , so kindly tell me :

1) what is body ?

2) what is a soul ? Can it die ?

3 ) what is the spirit in man ?

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
Jozzy4:

Lol , u don run to hebrews ! grin

Nice , so kindly tell me :

1) what is body ?

2) what is a soul ? Can it die ?

3 ) what is the spirit in man ?

Re-read my post it has been modified.
Re: JW For Dummies by Jozzy4: 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
paulGrundy:

So, Answer my questions!

what is body ?

What is a soul ? Can it die ?

What is d spirit in man?

Apostle Paul is a rightoes man, and he has been in lack before what do you think?
Philippians 4:12New International Version (NIV)
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

The apostle is not a beggar cheesy

Hence that alone is not enough to invalidite the reality of lazarus and the rich mans story. Besides Abraham and the prophets are real life characters mentioned in the story which you deliberatly ignored.
^ from the story, u mean d righteous go to the bosom of one man
Did Abel go to the bossom of Abraham thats not yet born ?

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
Jozzy4:

So, Answer my questions!

what is body ?

http://biblehub.com/greek/4983.htm

What is a soul ? Can it die ?

http://biblehub.com/greek/5590.htm
Yes the soul that sinneth shall die.

What is d spirit in man?

http://biblehub.com/greek/4151.htm

The apostle is not a beggar cheesy

But he definitely was a rightoeus man who sometimes depended on charity.

^ from the story, u mean d righteous go to the bosom of one man
Did Abel go to the bossom of Abraham thats not yet born ?

Abrahams bossom is the title given by our lord Jesus to a bay or gulf in the spirit world that the righteous go to, so that we can get a clearer understanding of how the place looks like, I believe he delibrately used Abraham, because of the audience whom he was addressing- Jews.

http://biblehub.com/greek/2859.htm
Re: JW For Dummies by Jozzy4: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
paulGrundy:

http://biblehub.com/greek/4983.htm
http://biblehub.com/greek/5590.htm
Yes the soul that sinneth shall die.
http://biblehub.com/greek/4151.htm

Posting link as usual grin grin .

Meanwhile , you finally confess @bold that ' Soul die . So why attack witnesses for something you also confess ?

But he definitely was a rightoeus man who sometimes depended on charity.

Heresy master, pls how does that make him a beggar ?

Abrahams bossom is the title given by our lord Jesus to a bay or gulf in the spirit world that the righteous go to , so that we can get a clearer understanding of how the place looks like, I believe he delibrately used Abraham, because of the audience whom he was addressing- Jews.

http://biblehub.com/greek/2859.htm

Lols , so Abraham Bossom is not a literal abraham bossom but represent a gulf in the spirit world ? You have render it a parable man . cheesy cheers .

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Jozzy4:

Meanwhile , you finally confess @bold that ' Soul die . So why attack witnesses for something you also confess ?

Lols , so Abraham Bossom is not a literal abraham bossom but represent a gulf in the spirit world ? You have render it a parable man . cheesy cheers .
dats all u guys got arguing skills... bt u see d kingdom of God is not in words bt Power... u can't make ny blind see..heal infirmities ..u pple lack d power of God
BTW ...like som1 once sed if church growth was by envagelism den JW ought 2 b d largest 'church'...so if u lyk stay dere and b deceiving urself ..I no u are gonna say miracles are gimmicks .bt y not drop by @where I worship and find out for urself
Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
Jozzy4:

Please kindly point out a post of mine where I “attacked witnesses“ on the above.

As much as you try so hard to render it a parable, it is not. Abrahams bossom is a metaphor. Jesus on several occasions used metaphors to describe the kingdom of heaven, but JW's will agree with me that its a real place not a figurative utopian paradise. I can see that the watchtower now chooses at will the scripture she wants to take literally or figuratively. Why don't you just tear off Luke 16:19-31 from your bible, maybe that would be better off for you.
Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
horlaleykan:

dats all u guys got arguing skills... bt u see d kingdom of God is not in words bt Power... u can't make ny blind see..heal infirmities ..u pple lack d power of God
BTW ...like som1 once sed if church growth was by envagelism den JW ought 2 b d largest 'church'...so if u lyk stay dere and b deceiving urself ..I no u are gonna say miracles are gimmicks .bt y not drop by @where I worship and find out for urself

You raised interesting points!! But please let's not derail the thread you'll do well to open a topic on this subject and tag me, I have a lot to contribute to it. smiley
Re: JW For Dummies by Jozzy4: 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
horlaleykan:

" but the lawless one's presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful works and lying signs and portents" - 2 The 2:9

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by Jozzy4: 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
paulGrundy:

Please kindly point out a post of mine where I “attacked witnesses“ on the above.

Probably you were sleeping when you type this in other to mock the witnesses .

PaulGrundy
The Watchtower says: " the soul dies ; it does not live on after death ."

And yet you finally agree that soul dies too

PaulGrundy
Yes the soul that sinneth shall die

Just imagine !
[s]
As much as you try so hard to render it a parable, it is not .
Abrahams bossom is a metaphor. Jesus on several occasions used metaphors to describe the kingdom of heaven, but JW's will agree with me that its a real place not a figurative utopian paradise. I can see that the watchtower now chooses at will the scripture she wants to take literally or figuratively. Why don't you just tear off Luke 16:19-31 from your bible, maybe that would be better off for you. [/s]
You admit its not a literal bossom of Abraham? grin

1 Like

Re: JW For Dummies by paulGrundy(m): 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Jozzy4:

Probably you were sleeping when you type this in other to mock the witnesses

There is no contradiction between the two quotes na, are you so bitter that you cannot understand paul Grundys quote, did you even read it at all? .

The type of death I meant was spiritual death- eternal seperation from God, not physical death as the watchtower teachs. Jehovah warned Adam and Eve from eating of a certain fruit in the garden and that it would lead to their death, after disobeying, they didn't die physically.

And yet you finally agree that soul dies too

Just imagine !

You admit its not a literal bossom of Abraham abi ? grin

I don't know if;

1. You didn't understand my post

2. You are delibrately mis-interpreting my points

3. You are bent on trolling.

Don't worry based on my past experience with you, I can understand that when your bitterness gets to saturation point, you start mis-interpreting quotes, I'll leave you to that enjoy! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Any Christian Prove's This To Me, I Promise To Give My Life To Christ (pics) / Evolutionary Theory And Creation Theory / The Revealed Secret Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.