Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,401 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? (2057 Views)

2019: Nigeria’s Messiah Will Come From North - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Are There Evil Spirits In The Water As Churches Preached? / MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2015
bxcode:
God is not the author of evil, he is not associated with evil, evil exists because of the author of evil the devil himself. He uses man's freewill to manipulate him into taking decisions that will self destruct man. God's intention is to one day punish evil and all those who gave in to reprobate minds. God is a good God.

my dear pls read ur bible well.

God is the creator of everything, I.e Good or evil, read Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked,
“Does cold exist?” the answer would likely be “yes.”
However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the
absence of heat. Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is
the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better,
evil is the absence of God. God did not have to create evil,
but rather only allow for the absence of good.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2015
Freemanan:

I was expecting this.
Did they not Say God is omniscient? Meaning he knows what will happen in billions of years to come. So did he not envisage that men will become evil thereby start acting contrary to his teaching?
Just wondering!

Everything works 4 the glory of God... Both God and Evil all exist for a purpose
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 13, 2015
Freemanan:

I believe in Determinism... There is No such thing as Freewill... Everything has been ordained to happen in a particular pattern and irrespective of what We do, We still fall into the pattern ordained by nature and the terrestrial ball. I believe in predestination.

Man is not free. Man just want to think that he is free..
Predestined by who in this case?
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by malvisguy212: 10:36am On Sep 13, 2015
Dekatron:

Torment me??

Well, you are right. Flying spaghetti's word is tormenting me

#Gulliblepeople

mind you, I WAS AN USHER IN CHURCH. I WAS BAPTIZED, I REPRESENTED MY PROVINCE IN A REGIONAL QUIZ (RCCG). I know the bible
you know the bible but the truth in it was sealed to you because of your corrupted mind.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by malvisguy212: 10:43am On Sep 13, 2015
Goodboiyy:

God is the creator of everything, I.e Good or evil, read Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

https://www.nairaland.com/2035915/did-god-create-evil-does

Evil is not a created thing. the KJV was produced using a limited number of medieval manuscripts that did not
represent the earliest Alexandrian set of
manuscripts.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by bxcode(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2015
Freemanan:

MEANING GOD HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE DEVIL? OR THAT GOD IS NOT AS POWERFUL AND OMNISCIENT AS YOU CLAIM HE IS.

AND HOW CAN A GOOD GOD ALLOW MAN TL BE FREE TO CAUSE GREAT PAIN ON OTHERS?
God's sovereignty is often misinterpreted even by Christians. God is omniscient and all sovereign yes, that's to say that God is the highest in terms of hierarchy and power, you can say he is on top of the food chain, but if you say God has a hand in the evils that are happening, you are wrong. He gave man freewill why? If you love someone so much e.g. a lady even to the point that you are ready to die for her, but the lady in question dosent love you back that much and you still go ahead and forcefully marry her, do you think she will respect you and love you back equally? No. She will only fear you but not love you because you forced her into the relationship. That's exactly how it is with us and God. He has the power to do anything even to make the entire humanity to be saying ' God I worship you' once we wake up every morning, but is that pure? It will simply look as if we are under spell, that's why he gave us that freewill to choose to love him or not. You either obey him as the ultimate or not obey him, simple. That's your freewill and choice. But in other to bring justice, and order to his subordinates, he Will punish evil someday. Just ask yourself, can you do anyhow at your place of work and get away with it and not punished? No. Then how much more disobeying God. Man disobeyed God in the garden of Eden and brought destruction upon himself, it's not your fault that the world is what it is today, a man like you and I took a self willed decision by listening to the devil rather than obeying God and look at where if landed us, it changed everything. Evil came into this world through that act but yet God out of his love for man gave us another redemption after looking for a way to reconcile us to that freewill relationship with him were you will love him for who he is and not fear him for the power he wields. He did that through Jesus, who came and paid for all our evil that whosoever that believe in him is free from the judgement of God because it will come someday sometime, make no mistake about that.
God allows only what you allow, if you decide to go out right now and kill the next person you see, you will do it, is it God's fault? No. It's your choice that made that evil to occur and so is it with most evils that happen today. God still remains God, he will surely fully interfere with the affairs of men someday and when that happens, Judgement begins. So live the way you like and I live the way I like, but remember, it dosent end here.... God loves you despite who you think you are or what you have done, the question is are you ready to accept him willingly and experience his supernatural love? I tell you, only a few have discovered that relationship with God even among the billions of Christians in the world today. God is a good God, anyday anytime. Now that's awesome! Happy Sunday sir.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by bxcode(m): 10:52am On Sep 13, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Sir, God created everything including Satan who disobeyed the authority of God and was dethroned. Satan knows that his punishment is coming and that's why he is moving around like a roaring lion seeking for whom to devour and drag down to hell with him. God didn't create EVIL as he created the heavens and the earth or his other creations. Genesis 1 vs 31; and God saw everything that he had made and behold it was good. I believe Evil came out of actions and choices just as good. We should stop attributing evil to God na, if God is the author of evil, then what is the devils work again? C'omon, our God is a good God. Simple.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by music4me(m): 11:18am On Sep 13, 2015
bxcode:

Sir, God created everything including Satan who disobeyed the authority of God and was dethroned. Satan knows that his punishment is coming and that's why he is moving around like a roaring lion seeking for whom to devour and drag down to hell with him. God didn't create EVIL as he created the heavens and the earth or his other creations. Genesis 1 vs 31; and God saw everything that he had made and behold it was good. I believe Evil came out of actions and choices just as good. We should stop attributing evil to God na, if God is the author of evil, then what is the devils work again? C'omon, our God is a good God. Simple.

GOD created all things,both Good and Evil alike.Thats d main reason why he is GOD.
HE use this 2 things as HE likes,whoever HE wished to bless he blesses n whoever he wished he afflict HE afflict.Atimes GOD use evil as a ladder for us to attain good.HE kills anyone HE feels like killing and spare d life of anyone HE feels like sparing except U wanna tell me that it satan that kills ppl.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by bxcode(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2015
music4me:

GOD created all things,both Good and Evil alike.Thats d main reason why he is GOD.
HE use this 2 things as HE likes,whoever HE wished to bless he blesses n whoever he wished he afflict HE afflict.Atimes GOD use evil as a ladder for us to attain good.HE kills anyone HE feels like killing and spare d life of anyone HE feels like sparing except U wanna tell me that it satan that kills ppl.
God dosent afflict anyone with anything. That's pure religious doctrine. Why would you wanna worship someone that will afflict you with diseases?? That's why atheist are holding sway because Christians portray God as an angry God. And honestly they make more sense than most Christians today. Read James 1vs 13, 14 and 17. Let no Man say he is tempted of God for God cannot be tempted with evil neither tempteth he any man.
It's God's will that all man be saved but is everyone gonna be saved? No
If it's God that control your sickness, why do you go and seek for medical help since it is God that inflicted that sickness on you?? Why will you want to go out of the sickness 'God willed' for you?
If it's not Satan that kills then why does the bible call him the destroyer and the devourer?
Sir, God is a good God!!!
His will for us is of God and not of evil to give us an expected end.
Stop seeing God from what religion tells you about him, know God for yourself.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by Contumely: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
Goodboiyy:

The argument of absence is lame because it could be stated vice versa. Eg that good does not exist, it's the absence of evil.

Hotness does not exist it is the absence of cold.

Light does not exist , it is the absence of darkness.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by music4me(m): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
bxcode:

God dosent afflict anyone with anything. That's pure religious doctrine. Why would you wanna worship someone that will afflict you with diseases?? That's why atheist are holding sway because Christians portray God as an angry God. And honestly they make more sense than most Christians today. Read James 1vs 13, 14 and 17. Let no Man say he is tempted of God for God cannot be tempted with evil neither tempteth he any man.
It's God's will that all man be saved but is everyone gonna be saved? No
If it's God that control your sickness, why do you go and seek for medical help since it is God that inflicted that sickness on you?? Why will you want to go out of the sickness 'God willed' for you?
If it's not Satan that kills then why does the bible call him the destroyer and the devourer?
Sir, God is a good God!!!
His will for us is of God and not of evil to give us an expected end.
Stop seeing God from what religion tells you about him, know God for yourself.
So are U saying GOD allows d devil to afflict man with evil.Does HE not have power ova all HE created?
Can GOD who created man allow d devil to just kill him?
I tot GOD had d appointed time for every man to die?
So how can d devil kill man when GOD already said HE control life n death...
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by Omotayor123(f): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Freemanan:

I was expecting this.
Did they not Say God is omniscient? Meaning he knows what will happen in billions of years to come. So did he not envisage that men will become evil thereby start acting contrary to his teaching?
Just wondering!
He knows.. That's why he created Hell.

I often say Everything has been ordained before the creation of man himself And from the beginning of time. If not, why would he create the forbidden fruit in the first place

Only him is mighty in wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by bxcode(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
music4me:

So are U saying GOD allows d devil to afflict man with evil.Does HE not have power ova all HE created?
Can GOD who created man allow d devil to just kill him?
I tot GOD had d appointed time for every man to die?
So how can d devil kill man when GOD already said HE control life n death...
Sir, you are mixing the whole thing up. Evil arose from the actions that the creations of God choose to engage in eg disobedience. God has total control over everything because he is the master planner of the universe. If you know what you ought to know in Christ, devil won't harm you, because he is powerless. The devil seeks for your cooperation before he does any harm to you. That's why the bible says he seeks for whom to devour... and you give him your cooperation in many ways even as you are doing now, attributing evil to God, he has gotten your consent because he has succeeded in making you see God as evil and not himself the devil as evil. James 4; 7 says resist the devil and he will flee from you. It's all about you knowing the truth, you shall be set free. Your choice can either lead you to self destruct or lead you to life, God wants you to choose life and devil wants you to choose death. Did you check out the verses I showed you earlier sir? Yes God has appointed time for us to die if we are doing the Will of God, but that dosent mean that everyone that dies was God's appointed time for the person to die. If you take off from a 10 storey building and crash land to death, is that God's appointed time for you? No. You killed yourself by listening to whatever that told you to take off from that high building and it's not God's fault. A lot of deaths today are as a result of humans leading themselves tip self destruct by their decisions and also by cooperating with devil.
Please just change your belief about God, have nothing to loose but everything to gain. I haven't arrived but I have lived and I know that with my little humble knowledge from being a student of the bible, i know the truth and it has really set me free from religious doctrines and wiles of the devil.
God is a good God sir.... I can say it anywhere! Remain blessed
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
bxcode:

am nt attributing Evil to God, But Good and evil were created by him, Satan choose to follow d other way, D same God that created Day, Created Night..
Principle of Duality
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:32am On Sep 14, 2015
Freemanan:
c
i'd answer your question with simple analogy/question ...

would appreciate cold without heat, or light without darkness or life without death or riches without poverty or health illness ...

likewise you would not appreciate goodness without evil or the Value of God without the devil...

Nobody would serve God if there's no evil or devil, in essence we can say to some extent that the devil is working for God because he created ALL things
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by knowyaself2(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2015
All I see here is confusion and contradictions. To me the idea of some big dad in the sky that is omniscient and omnipotent is completely wrong-it doesn't make sence at all. I believe there are higher powerful beings out there but they are also imperfect.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by honourhim: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2015
Freemanan:

Life is a game Then, whoever fails is deemed a sinner and hence cast for hell... That's a wicked and harsh way of being God Don't you think?

Bearing in mind that people differ in their faith and resilience.

God uses evil for positive actions while man uses it for negative action. Just like knife; someone uses knife to cut grass, meat, fruits etc while another person uses it to kill a fellow human.
Re: Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2015
honourhim:

God uses evil for positive actions while man uses it for negative action. Just like knife; someone uses knife to cut grass, meat, fruits etc while another person uses it to kill a fellow human.
Name one positive action evil was meant to do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Superstar(1973) / How I Prophesied The Passing Of TB JOSHUA / Let's Hit The JW Hard Again With The Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.