Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? (4360 Views)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Cactus(m): 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2009
I am trying to figure something out.

Just saw a post by someone about ariaria.com

Well, i opened the page and my first question is why use green?

Well, you can also say because nigeria's color is green

But who said nigerian developer/designers should be using color green as a dominant color for their works?

Still trying to figure this out kinda puzzling though.

Even if they use the green color they bastardize it.

Many of them look terrible actually. Oh well someone please help me why do nigerian so called web designers use color green.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2009
the truth is, if they had used something else, they would have bastardized it too.

Green to me means life. there are shades of green that attracts the eye.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by wknd: 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2009
They are just being patriotic. wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Cactus(m): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2009
If the use of the green color is patriotic or is deemed being patriotic, I can definitely say that if other countries follow suit, many many many websites will look like crap.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 09, 2009
It has been bastardized! Gbam! And very terribly too. . .all them yeye designers. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by kazey(m): 12:24am On Apr 09, 2009
What is wrong with green? You guys are very funny with your hasty generalizations.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Cactus(m): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2009
There is absolutely nothing wrong with green. It is just that many nigerian sites you come across = green and it is badly done.

Either it is just one green wtih a mixture of white or different shades of green which can hurt the eye. You will need a special type of goggles to diffuse the effect of the green
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2009
well, i am number 1 culprit, i eat, live and sh** green

what a green life!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by quadrillio(m): 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2009
There problem is that they use green, but because they know how to use any Color

I use green on two occassions: (1) if am doing a national or state project

(2) if there is a shade of green in the Logo or company's color

but to be sincere GREEN is a beautiful color, na to sabi blend bi di koko
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2009
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by MrCrackles(m): 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2009
Topic

Because the colour of our flag is GREEN
! grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by aje49ja(m): 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2009
it depends f the logo is only green then use it , whiel for me i use green in my personal sites
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by platinumnk(f): 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

[img]http://nigerian-academics-forum-austria.at/media/Girl_Walking_With_Nigeria_Flag.gif[/img]

I love this, I have this on my myspace page~
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2009
Exactly, as quadrillo said, there is nothing wrong with the color green, it is just that many ppl do sites badly with green - and the
websites look terrible - giving naija web developers a bad name!
I love green, i mean, i was in green house in primary school - and used to run for my house too!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Sammy107d(m): 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2009
www.nigeriannews.com can't get any more 'bastardized' but it's still cool enough.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by revenge(m): 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2009
shocked cool

hiss and leaves the thread funny question, she ne every developer dey use green, dumb question
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Akinagirl(f): 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2009
That last site was not pleasing to the eye at all. I don't know why people feel the need to use their color. But as someone earlier said, if people do their country colors a lot of the sites would look like crap. I been to quite a few Jamaican sites and I must say, they really look like crap. I have a site, I don't really use my color. But if I do, its very subtle. And I have a small Jamaican flag. But I will not bombard the page with Jamaican colors. It just looks bad.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by soloqy: 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2009
What if the clients corporate colours have green and some more green?

Besides, how can you say Nigerian web developers use Green?

You mean you have seen all Nigerian web developers and all their works that made you come to this conclusion?

The qusetion should be: Why do 'some' web developers make use of bad colour themes?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Ebiz4real(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2009
well i dont think is bad to use the color green. some times it depend on the
kind of site you want to have and the content you wish to display
i my self i have a site and i will like you guyz to check out my colors and tell
me what you feel about it the site is theagentofchange-ng.com
and nairajobzone.com/job
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by soloqy: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2009
@Ebiz4real

When you said you have a site you want us to see, I was hoping to see a site. Not another forum script
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by deb(m): 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2009
the truth is, if they had used something else, they would have bastardized it too.

Green to me means life. there are shades of green that attracts the eye.

says who? see some of my latest works:  http://www.rodsandcones.tv 
                                                                  http://www.roskastevens.com 
                                                                  http://www.btbhealth.org 
                                                                  http://www.ojulogearts.com
I  have many more sites that are not green that  could be considered cool.

It has been bastardized! Gbam! And very terribly too. . .all them yeye designers. . .

Nigerians and generalization
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Winnergal(f): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2009
'cos the land is green . . .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Gbosko: 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2009
Question - Why do Nigerian web developers use the colour green?

Answer - Because green is the colour of envy. tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Cactus(m): 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2009
I made the generalization because I have had enough of seeing so many. Well, I have also seen others that are outside the green palette.

@dhtml you were in green house your primary school.

Classic, That is all the explanation needed. You didnt even cut it to secondary school you had to take it all the way back to primary school. THUMBS UP
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Usiola(m): 12:12am On Apr 10, 2009
Sammy107_d:

www.nigeriannews.com can't get any more 'bastardized' but it's still cool enough.
My God!!!!! this "www.nigeriannews.com" is the most AWKWARD website i have seen!
It lacks everything a website needs

This is not only an abuse of colors. Its MURDER!!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Cactus(m): 4:10am On Apr 10, 2009
nigeriannews.com

It is kind of amazing seeing that actually. I was blank on seeing it didnt know what to think at first. but there many things that need.

I need to go see my doctor

BRB
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by NaijaEcash(m): 9:48am On Apr 10, 2009
Cos they are proudly Nigerian grin

Well, I know that many webmasters do a crappy job with their web design. But that does not make color green bad.

@Toyinrayo
Please can I use that animated GIF on my site. I love the concept.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by BlkRaven(f): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with using green on a website as long as it's a pastel shade. Bright colours used as backgrounds are harsh on the eyes and rarely work with any colour scheme.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by DisGuy: 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2009
the problem is not really the color sometimes, its just that the websites are bloody awful to begin with!

deb
why does ur websites have introduction, the main reason why people go to the website is to view it
what's with the enter or click here to enter undecided
good sites though
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by Cactus(m): 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2009
As a promoter of google, google is an extremely useful tool.

Going to google.com and just searching for CSS GALLERY goes a long way in getting ideas/concept for design.

There are so many tools that make things easy these days maybe people are just lazy to search and read looking for shortcuts. I just pity companies that pay people for crappy jobs
Re: Why Do Nigerian Web Developer's Use The Color Green? by BWEMA: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2009
Green is nice. Check this out http://www.properties.adten.net

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Big Mistakes That Bloggers Make / Free Credit Card Generator And Script Rush In / Plugins For Bulk Sms On Wordpress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.