Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News (26631 Views)

Why DSS Arrested Ekiti Lawmakers / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel – Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

I knew that they will play to the gallery by announcing their "offence" through the media.
Isn't this an evidence of Buhari's negative vindictiveness and dictatorial tendencies?

Are they trying to tell us now that every other DSS operative got in through due process?

What kind of self aggrandized witch-hunting is this tori Olorun?

These people are not wise at all.
They are an inhumane lot and I stamp my foot against this very act!

Excuse me, how about monitoring them? How about placing a surveillance detail on them, to ascertain whether or not they are truly moles?
What kind of mago mago politics do they play there?

Is this the change?

Bye Bye "Non-Partisan" committed-to-national-security DSS; Welcome Pro-APC committed-to-Buhari's nepotism-and-vengefulness DSS.

This change is a scam.
Do you even know anything about all what you typed up there?
No offence please.

8 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by kamez(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2015
story story

so those of them already working there were brought In thru due process?

we all know that favouritism is the norm in most of these institutions, DSS included.

buhari only dismissed them so that he will fill up those spaces with his own APC candidates.

10 wasted months. of time and resources..

3 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by docadams: 8:30am On Sep 14, 2015
PassingShot:
They should have been given to the NPF?

A sensible alternative. But, then, why pamper those who grossly undermine the system?
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Bigdreams(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:
Cadets with such trainings shouldn't be let loosed like this you should still engage them. These guys have gone through almost all the major tests to be termed 'civilians' any longer the skills acquired can make them a major threat to security operatives in future. The DSS should try to engage them with other security outfits. My 1cent

I concur.

Check my signature.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by demarc001: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2015
Something is now out

Stupid excuse!
These people only followed trend and saw this reason (man know man recruitment) has gained ground and is welcomed in the heart of Nigerians that are always ready to hear something is connected to corruption.

They are not qualified, DID they FAIL in the TRAININGS? They might get in through the wrong door and yet be better than those that got in justly. A test of competence ought to have been given before disqualifying them!

We like it or not somebody or something must be a point of reference for someone to get a job!

Instead of hunting this people concentrate on how to build the recruitment process better to avoid future occurrence.

3 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by sam90s(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"baba PMB should give ameachi, fayemi and fashola those slots, for all their efforts since they didn't make the ministerial list". Quote me anywhere.

Your hard-on for these 3 guys is epic cheesy
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by docadams: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:
Cadets with such trainings shouldn't be let loosed like this you should still engage them. These guys have gone through almost all the major tests to be termed 'civilians' any longer the skills acquired can make them a major threat to security operatives in future. The DSS should try to engage them with other security outfits. My 1cent

If DSS hearken to your call when, then, would corruption end?
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by broxymall(m): 8:34am On Sep 14, 2015
visit my signature for your Timberland boot and watches
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by vidalx(m): 8:36am On Sep 14, 2015
RockMaxi:

Only the gullible will believe that trash and if you believe it then you can fill in the blank. angry

nz [color=#550000][/color]indeed
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by kingslly(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2015
PassingShot:
They should have been given to the NPF?
Nigerian politics is not that black and white,I mean logically they should have engaged those dismissed in another Security outfit so their knowledge won't be a waste and they won't be a threat to the Government and the society but ma gut feelings tells me that all they said in this write up are all lies,there's more to this angry
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by shidof(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2015
funlord:
undecided

Is this 1 high?
more than just high

2 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Alphaoscar: 8:39am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

I knew that they will play to the gallery by announcing their "offence" through the media.
Isn't this an evidence of Buhari's negative vindictiveness and dictatorial tendencies?

Are they trying to tell us now that every other DSS operative got in through due process?

Excuse me, how about monitoring them? How about placing a surveillance detail on them, to ascertain whether or not they are truly moles?

Is this the change?

Bye Bye "Non-Partisan" committed-to-national-security DSS; Welcome Pro-APC committed-to-Buhari's nepotism-and-vengefulness DSS.

This change is a scam.

Madam, please becareful with those legs you are stamping on an empty ground o.

6 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Antoinne: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Is this the change?

This change is a scam.

This makes no sense! Place secret agent moles on secret agents?? I don't agree with you.
In order to create a professional image for the Nigerian SSS, aren't these people gonna start from somewhere? High time Nigerians realize their country won't change until they start making serious efforts at changing it.

5 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by arafone(m): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2015
nationwide1:
Is it enough reason to deprive citizens of means of livelihood? Nigeria is indeed an animal kingdom where some are more equal than others.

If everyone in federal civil service who did not get recruited through the laid down procedure were to be sacked, more than 70 % of the federal work force will be sacked.

I can help fish out atleast a thousand of them. In Ozaoekpe's voice, quote me anywhere.
yeah at least every nigerian with a certificate will have a chance of bn recruited on merit rather than going after and begging polticians for job
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by MaziOmenuko: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2015
Can't they sue the DSS for unlawful termination of appointment? I mean, its not their fault that the DSS could not conduct a competent screening process. They were recruited in the agency by authorities that occupied legal offices when so why should they suffer the consequences of a porous system?
More than 8 months of someone's life wasted, someone ought to pay for that.

2 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by AlPeter: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2015
There are less sensitive security agencies that can accommodate them
docadams:

If DSS hearken to your call when, then, would corruption end?
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by arafone(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:
Clearly these Daura people do not understand the concept of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.
what does this have to do with friends and enemies ?

4 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Firefire(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2015
Too bad.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by alcuin(m): 8:47am On Sep 14, 2015
How and when did the DSS recruit?
I really want to serve this government.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by arafone(m): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Is this the change?

This change is a scam.
who said anything about them bn moles? Read and understand d topic first b4 commenting

6 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by gidjah(m): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2015
Straight up bro,been with this guys under training in the zaria HQs in the early 2000s,that training aint a joke o, so so comolex and filled with intelligence all tru.Any dropped out of such training duringg that time is always kept under th rada for yrs due to possible criminal acts,the enviroment of th training alone will scare the hell outa any one.Our food, drugs and other medications are seriously quaantined ,identitiy too na something else ,so i shall also think the DSS would do such on this guys, abi rich man pikin no dey commit crime ni??
AlPeter:

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by blackboy(m): 8:53am On Sep 14, 2015
The excuse is wrong and unacceptable. They do not want ''political moles'' . Is it that because they were engaged under the PDP administration their loyalty is in doubt? What kind of training do they give their recruits? 1. They head of the DSS is a known APC man as he is ssociated with the president. He can't say he is neutral. Should the PDP and other political parties have him removed?
These recruits are Nigerians who have gone through training for a while. They have not committed any offence? They have not been caught in any act of wrong doing or failed any test.
If this is how the new boss or APC wants to witchhunt people it is wrong and undemocratic. Not the change that was promised or voted for.
It's like dismissing people because of their roots, ethnic background, family links, or where they come from or how they look. All wrong as action/performance should be judged for dismissal or promotion.

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by amazingspiderma: 8:58am On Sep 14, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

And suddenly Buhari is to blame for everything

I know its people like you that will also blame him if your refrigerator gets too cold or breaks down as a result of too much electricity. cheesy

How else do you define wickedness
Appointing people for 8 months and suddenly sending them back to the labor market
who is responsible if not PMB

2 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by samifiakp: 8:58am On Sep 14, 2015
Please someone should help me tell Buhari and Dss that this is the mistakes American did after training the world most dangerous terrorist Osama Bein Laden, they should be recruited in any other force because the know too much to be send to the society as civilians. Politic aside oooo

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by tsdarkside(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2015
dss is kicking buttts....at least one institution we can trust,,!!
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by PassingShot(m): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:
Good Morning PassingShot, is that all you have to say?
I shake my head in dismay.
Morning.

Please help me say what I should have said. wink
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2015
PassingShot:

Morning.

Please help me say what I should have said. wink
undecided
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:05am On Sep 14, 2015
amazingspiderma:

How else do you define wickedness
Appointing people for 8 months and suddenly sending them back to the labor market
who is responsible if not PMB

Im not here to defend anybody but dont you think Buhari has bigger problems to solve than bothering himself with the issue on ground? Maybe if you people had blamed the DSS boss for this decision and not PMB then we might not be dragging this issue for long. I love looking at things from an unbiased angle

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by docadams: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2015
blackboy:
The excuse is wrong and unacceptable.
Deed done. Reason adduced . Case closed
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by docadams: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2015
blackboy:
Deed done. Reason adduced . Case closed
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by tsdarkside(m): 9:09am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:

noo...they are compromised...they will only be loyal to the person that brought them their,even if they worked hard to pass the exams.....you always help those that helped you no matter what...its human-nature...dss is wise enough to know that....
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by docadams: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2015
blackboy:

Deed done. Reason adduced . Case closed.
If your protest to be noticed go to the NASS when in session a NV d swallow a grenade. I guarantee you a beautiful epigy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG / Those Accusing Govs Of Silence Over Insecurity, ASUU Strike Not Fair: El Rufai / Peter Esele: I Will Not Follow Obaseki To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.