Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News (26630 Views)

Why DSS Arrested Ekiti Lawmakers / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel – Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Xmen149(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:
Cadets with such trainings shouldn't be let loosed like this you should still engage them. These guys have gone through almost all the major tests to be termed 'civilians' any longer the skills acquired can make them a major threat to security operatives in future. The DSS should try to engage them with other security outfits. My 1cent
exactly my thought bro.......i want to believe these guys can conviniently handle some of the soffiscated weapons in the world by now....and dumping them like that can be risky...in wrong hands they can easily pass as nightmare to reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by henryblaze25(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2015
nationwide1:
Is it enough reason to deprive citizens of means of livelihood? Nigeria is indeed an animal kingdom where some are more equal than others.

If everyone in federal civil service who did not get recruited through the laid down procedure were to be sacked, more than 70 % of the federal work force will be sacked.

I can help fish out atleast a thousand of them. In Ozaoekpe's voice, quote me anywhere.

B4 the service accepts u, background check must b done and if u are found wanting, u are going home.

I believe it hovers around false age, been married b4 joining d service,Cultism,etc
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by charlesucheh(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2015
dayo23:
Employment through the back door, they should be sack!!!
A new sheriff in town....no room for scams
Seconded frm the buttom of my heart!!!!
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by tete7000(m): 9:15am On Sep 14, 2015
If this is true, it is unfortunate for them. They deserve what they got.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by PassingShot(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

undecided
cheesy cheesy I said they should have been absolved by NPF but you have problem with it.

If I had said otherwise, I wonder what would have been your reaction. How can one please some people Coli? grin grin grin
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by obitwice(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2015
kachysblog:
By Ben Agande

Abuja— Details have emerged why about 65 personnel of the Department of State Services who were evicted from the service training school in Lagos were asked to leave the service.

A senior officer of the service who spoke with Vanguard in Abuja Sunday evening said the trainees were sent out because “their recruitment did not follow laid down procedures of choosing personnel into the service.”

It will be recalled that DSS 65 cadet officers of the service who were undergoing training at the State Services Academy, SSA, in Lagos, including a sibling of the sacked former spokes person of the service, Marilyn Ogar were asked to leave earlier this month, few weeks to their passing out.

No reason was given for their dismissal which was contained in a letter by the Director General of the Department of State Service, Lawal Daura.

But speaking with Vanguard on why the decision was taken, a senior officer of the service who is familiar with the matter said their sack was “inevitable” because their recruitment process was “flawed.”

“What happened was that recruitment of most of these cadets did not follow due process. They were brought into the service by politicians without meeting the stringent requirements set by the service in recruiting its personnel. They were dumped on the service by politicians through the active connivance of the past leadership of the service. We are re-organising the service so we cannot afford to have partisan political moles in our midst” the source said.

The source who is a senior operative of the service said the process of “weeding undesirable elements” who found their way into the service was ongoing. The present leadership of the service is determined to reposition the service to its professional roles. There is nothing personal about the decision of the service. It was a very painful decision in view of the investment made on them but it was a decision that must be taken” he said.

the same should. also be applied in the Nigerian defence academy (NDA).
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by oweman: 9:20am On Sep 14, 2015
Was this how the founding father of E branch started by recruiting moles before it became the NSO that became SSS that became the now heavily politicized DSS that some want Daura to accept as OK ?
well he has just done what he should do sending those not good enoughs away .

Wailders as you are unable to query Dauras credentials you now want him to keep snakes / scorpions in his office so that when the begin to send their sitreps to Olisah Metu for vetting the same you can raise your wailing .
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 9:23am On Sep 14, 2015
PassingShot:

cheesy cheesy I said they should have been absolved by NPF but you have problem with it.

If I had said otherwise, I wonder what would have been your reaction. How can one please some people Coli? grin grin grin

Na you sabitongue
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by docadams: 9:25am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:
There are less sensitive security agencies that can accommodate them

It doesn't answer my question which is why reward those who undermine our laws.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:
Cadets with such trainings shouldn't be let loosed like this you should still engage them. These guys have gone through almost all the major tests to be termed 'civilians' any longer the skills acquired can make them a major threat to security operatives in future. The DSS should try to engage them with other security outfits. My 1cent

Well spoken

If they could listen.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by oweman: 9:27am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Na you sabitongue
So NPF is the dump pit for those politicians in black tee shirts
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by 400billionman: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2015
They were found to have PDP siblings..

APC fraudulent party..

Thats all..
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by eejo(m): 9:33am On Sep 14, 2015
The. reason is nothing but the truth.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Vetsolo(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2015
nationwide1:
Is it enough reason to deprive citizens of means of livelihood? Nigeria is indeed an animal kingdom where some are more equal than others.

If everyone in federal civil service who did not get recruited through the laid down procedure were to be sacked, more than 70 % of the federal work force will be sacked.

I can help fish out atleast a thousand of them. In Ozaoekpe's voice, quote me anywhere.

LOL D TIN TAYA ME OH? POLITICIAN HAS BEEN INFLUENCING APPOINTMENT SINCE D DAYS OF NEBUCADNEZZA
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Vikto: 9:38am On Sep 14, 2015
This action should be extended to every organ of government. Remove all unqualified nursing school students and avoid premature death to Nigerian patients in future.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

I knew that they will play to the gallery by announcing their "offence" through the media.
Isn't this an evidence of Buhari's negative vindictiveness and dictatorial tendencies?

Are they trying to tell us now that every other DSS operative got in through due process?

What kind of self aggrandized witch-hunting is this tori Olorun?

These people are not wise at all.
They are an inhumane lot and I stamp my foot against this very act!

Excuse me, how about monitoring them? How about placing a surveillance detail on them, to ascertain whether or not they are truly moles?
What kind of mago mago politics do they play there?

Is this the change?

Bye Bye "Non-Partisan" committed-to-national-security DSS; Welcome Pro-APC committed-to-Buhari's nepotism-and-vengefulness DSS.

This change is a scam.
I know u to have a basket mouth. You can go and die. Wailing wailer

3 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by PassingShot(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Na you sabitongue
Na me and you sabi nah! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by magicfingaz: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2015
nationwide1:

Oga DSS is not just civil service, its a security outfit. U don't just employ anybody for d sake of unemployment. By the time dss will start malfunctioning you will be d one to call pmb a dullard. So just move on

3 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2015
obitwice:
the same should. also be applied in the Nigerian defence academy (NDA).

NDA enrollment is different. NDA is essentially a tertiary institution,with cadets coming in via JAMB scores, while the SSS school trains graduates.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:
You are 100% correct on this. These guys have known almost all the 'Coded Language, Signs and Signals' being used for Identification etc. They could beat any Security Man at the Road Blocks and even find their way into any Government House to commit Impersonation, Assassinations and other vices. Laying them off at this stage is one action too many, if you ask me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2015
PassingShot:
They should have been given to the NPF?

But it's okay for Daura a certified APC member to head the DSS?

talk of politicians in DSS.....#hypocrisy
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 14, 2015
they were enrolled through the backdoor.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2015
smileysmiley
PassingShot:

Na me and you sabi nah! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by PassingShot(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:
smileysmiley
I lie? cool
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by talk2jay(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2015
This is pathetic and ludicrous. I denounce this completely as it is more of a disservice than service to the entire nation. The implication of this is that public service is gradually been made a joke;another political party gets voted in next and all that have served in this administration become threats and saboteurs? And they are flushed out,all cos of derailing speculations. This madness has to stop and immediately.

The next administration might have to dis banned DSS as the present seem to be a political mole loyal to the APC/Buhari;or better still also do a flush...lol,you see the joke?

DSS should accept their mistake and recall those cadets for the sake of equity. You can't tag them compromised or moles just cos of their affiliations....This is outright INJUSTICE!
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2015
magicfingaz:

Oga DSS is not just civil service, its a security outfit. U don't just employ anybody for d sake of unemployment. By the time dss will start malfunctioning you will be d one to call pmb a dullard. So just move on

But it's ok for Lawal Daura, an APC member to be brought out of retirement and made to head the NNPC?
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by nationwide1(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2015
magicfingaz:

Let me correct an impression: I don't insult my leaders. I've never insulted Buhari. Confirm from my previous posts. I'm too matured a mind to be among the group of people who support a leader even when he is obviously wrong because of emotion and sentiment.

My question is can you bet your life that there are no persons right now in the DSS who were employed through the back door and Daura knows it and yet allows the officers to remain in service?

Waiting for your response.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Emmy4Naija: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2015
Look through the mirror and see what happened. Most of them were recruited on merit without federal character...that will make the numerical strength of the cadets to be mostly Southerners.
They had to sack them, do another recruitment to increase the number of Northerners case close.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by namdo(m): 10:07am On Sep 14, 2015
flimsy excuse. They want to have APC loyalists in there. They are afraid those guys may be PDP recruits (moles).
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 14, 2015
dayo23:
Employment through the back door, they should be sack!!!
A new sheriff in town....no room for scams
sacked...Oga.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by sanandreas(m): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2015
Why should dss sacked these guys. The job market is already saturated.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2015
PassingShot:

I lie? cool

gringringringrin
Wait, lemee ask Ifa

tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG / Presidential Cabal Agrees To Free Saraki If He Frustrates Magu's Confirmation / Fayose Celebrates 57th Birthday With A Thanksgiving Service In Church With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.