Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News (26629 Views)

Why DSS Arrested Ekiti Lawmakers / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel – Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Folksyharry(m): 10:16am On Sep 14, 2015
free2ryhme:
Some regions of Nigeria don't see any good thing Buhari is doing so also some region don't see any wrong in what Buhari is doing! What a state they have taking us to. God bless Nigria. -

I tire o. How I wish we can put aside all these hate, anger and bigotry.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by PassingShot(m): 10:32am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

gringringringrin
Wait, lemee ask Ifa

tongue
Waiting ............... cool cool
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by koolly009: 10:34am On Sep 14, 2015
Learn to speak & write : German, French, Spanish, portuguese, Russian, Italian, Chinese, English and Nigerian languages i.e, Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo. 
+ Preparation class for TOEFL, IELTS, DELF, DALF & Zert Deutsch. 
+ German re-union visa preparatory class. 
+ Apply for undergraduates / ‎masters study in Germany. 

Address:        B - Close, 1st Avenue, Gwarinpa. 
Mr Kolade.   : 08035949272‎
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by chiefmidwife: 10:55am On Sep 14, 2015
If you check the names of the sacked personnels they are all ss and se This another form of ethnic cleansing in DSS To ur tent oh se and ss we hv no inheritance in nigeria #BringBackOurBiafra
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by YUSUPHER(m): 11:06am On Sep 14, 2015
nationwide1:
Is it enough reason to deprive citizens of means of livelihood? Nigeria is indeed an animal kingdom where some are more equal than others.

If everyone in federal civil service who did not get recruited through the laid down procedure were to be sacked, more than 70 % of the federal work force will be sacked.

I can help fish out atleast a thousand of them. In Ozaoekpe's voice, quote me anywhere.
why are they this wicked? After months of hectict training, well if i were them i will engage in armed robbery.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by nationwide1(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2015
YUSUPHER:

why are they this wicked? After months of hectict training, well if i were them i will engage in armed robbery.
It's disheartening but I tell you armed robbery is not the best idea.

If this is what the government wants to do, let it not be limited to these 65 victims of "nepotism/vengeance". It should be extended to all agencies and ministries. If that is not done, it remains most logical to call the act by its raw name - vengeance.

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Pidggin(f): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2015
Pmb killing dreams and ambition of Nigerian youths.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Ayatullah(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:
Cadets with such trainings shouldn't be let loosed like this you should still engage them. These guys have gone through almost all the major tests to be termed 'civilians' any longer the skills acquired can make them a major threat to security operatives in future. The DSS should try to engage them with other security outfits. My 1cent

A rotten Apple is a rotten Apple. If 10 Cockroaches die overnight in your pot of soup that costs you =N=20,000.00 will you go ahead removing the Cockroaches and eat the soup?

There should be no sentiments. Let them go and look for work as private security guards with the experience they have acquired. Qualified Nigerians should replace them.

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by PassingShot(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

I knew that they will play to the gallery by announcing their "offence" through the media.
Isn't this an evidence of Buhari's negative vindictiveness and dictatorial tendencies?

Are they trying to tell us now that every other DSS operative got in through due process?

What kind of self aggrandized witch-hunting is this tori Olorun?

These people are not wise at all.
They are an inhumane lot and I stamp my foot against this very act!

Excuse me, how about monitoring them? How about placing a surveillance detail on them, to ascertain whether or not they are truly moles?
What kind of mago mago politics do they play there?

Is this the change?

Bye Bye "Non-Partisan" committed-to-national-security DSS; Welcome Pro-APC committed-to-Buhari's nepotism-and-vengefulness DSS.

This change is a scam.
I just say make I laugh at the bold part ni joor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:
Cadets with such trainings shouldn't be let loosed like this you should still engage them. These guys have gone through almost all the major tests to be termed 'civilians' any longer the skills acquired can make them a major threat to security operatives in future. The DSS should try to engage them with other security outfits. My 1cent
its not just fair, they shud recruit them somewhere. Most of them have passion for the job, that's the important thing.

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
angry
PassingShot:

I just say make I laugh at the bold part ni joor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Bimpe29: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
Waooo! This is not a good news especially for the affected Cadets and their families/sponsors. I put myself in their condition. However, I pray to God to grant them better and everlasting job offer.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by greatiyk4u(m): 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

I knew that they will play to the gallery by announcing their "offence" through the media.
Isn't this an evidence of Buhari's negative vindictiveness and dictatorial tendencies?

Are they trying to tell us now that every other DSS operative got in through due process?

Excuse me, how about monitoring them? How about placing a surveillance detail on them, to ascertain whether or not they are truly moles?

Is this the change?

Bye Bye "Non-Partisan" committed-to-national-security DSS; Welcome Pro-APC committed-to-Buhari's nepotism-and-vengefulness DSS.

This change is a scam.

I can't figure d cus of ur pain..............re u trying 2 celebrate Nepotism?..........if Gej had started dis process of condeming Nepotism we would av gone far by now as a country...........I tink u re only bn jealous of PMB's actions of putting round pegs in2 round holes......

3 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by iwatchandlisten(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
A senior officer of the service who spoke with Vanguard in Abuja Sunday evening said the trainees were sent out because “their recruitment did not follow laid down procedures of choosing personnel into the service.”[color=#990000][/color]

If this is correct, why did those who did the sacking not explain the process that brought these young Nigerians into the DSS and let the public judge whether it followed laid down procedures?

It appears that a King that doesnt Joseph has come on board and therefore everything done previous will be overturn on one excuse or the other...dont forget that these are all Nigerian youths and everybody in this country is related to some other person, therefore the fact that Marylyn Ogar's brother made the cut does not make the process illegal.

Make we take am easy'o!
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by sunsewa: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2015
Only reason I see for their sack is tribalism, the numbers representing the dauras from Hausa/Fulani oligarchy did not tally with the northernization programmes of the present administration. shikina kawai
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by AkpanUnanam(m): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
PassingShot:
They should have been given to the NPF?
because NPF is political dustbin.Abi
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by AlPeter: 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ayatullah:

A rotten Apple is a rotten Apple. If 10 Cockroaches die overnight in your pot of soup that costs you =N=20,000.00 will you go ahead removing the Cockroaches and eat the soup?

There should be no sentiments. Let them go and look for work as private security guards with the experience they have acquired. Qualified Nigerians should replace them.

omojoshy:
These guys have known almost all the 'Coded Language, Signs and Signals' being used for Identification etc. They could beat any Security Man at the Road Blocks and even find their way into any Government House to commit Impersonation, Assassinations and other vices. Laying them off at this stage is one action too many, if you ask me.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by socialmediaman: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:

My opinion is that they should be given preference in the next recruitment exercise if they scale through the requirements on merit. but your submission about being a security threat is wrong. Even substantive DSS operatives found wanting in their jobs are dismissed everyday due to one abuse of office or the other, that doesn't make the society less secure. Do you also mean that police officers or military officers dismissed everyday means the society should prepare for war? Not at all. The issue of making last minute recruitment without respect for laid down procedures should be discouraged, infact it should be made a criminal or punishable offense because thats why our government offices are a dumping ground for mediocres and lazy people. Tell me, how would someone who got into a sensitive organization like DSS without merit perform his or her duties diligently without undue influence from godfathers? Even if it doesnt change your attitude towards your work, its already a psychological blackmail on you one way or another when it comes to performing credibly.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Etruth: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Is this the change?

This change is a scam.
Lmao @ bolded. Of what consequence is it? Buhari must be scared stiff at your action. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by ocelot2006(m): 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
MizMyColi:

Is this the change?

This change is a scam.

'can't say I'm surprised at all. When the new DG is a card holding member of the APC this is what you get.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
grin
Nigerians as if they want to put things in place
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by porka: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
funlord:
grin

Solid development! Such an institution is too sensitive to become a dumping ground for politicians _bitches, village connects or my brother my sister acquaintances! MERIT or BUST!

[size=13pt]Did Buhari not 'dump' his own Daura kinsman on the Service as its head?[/size]
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by kessler53(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ir is very bad for DSS to dismiss people just about two months to their passing out.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

And suddenly Buhari is to blame for everything.

I know its people like you that will also blame him if your refrigerator gets too cold or breaks down as a result of too much electricity. cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by gotousa2013: 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
Why should they be allowed to suffer for nothing? Why didn't they deal with d corrupt system ?are the Cadets in training not citizens of the country who are qualified?
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by shineeye1: 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
POLITICAL VENDETTA, nothing more. Why settle political feud with the future of young legitimate citizens? Their expulsion constitutes a national security threat but those who should know better are blinded by the poison of préjudice.
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by legaxi(m): 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
talktimi:
undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Watin person no go see
Re: Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News by Nostradamus: 12:55am On Dec 15, 2019
This thread that year...

Wish I can get to know how the 65 expelled youths are faring now undecided kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"This Is The Govt I Fought For"Released Blogger Abubakar Sidik Voices Out.Photos / Nigeria Appointed Acting President UN General Assembly / Fayose Celebrates 57th Birthday With A Thanksgiving Service In Church With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.