Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President (48029 Views)

"I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by exlink10(m): 4:33am On Sep 15, 2015
Barely four months after the exit of President Goodluck Jonathan from power, indications have emerged on why former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, picked the former Bayelsa governor as vice to late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

Revealing the intrigues that led to the choice of Jonathan as vice president in his country home in Yenagoa, former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, said it was part of Obasanjo’s grand plan to stop Alhaji Atiku Abubakar from succeeding him in 2007.

The former governor said from the discussions he had with Obasanjo, he knew that Jonathan was going to be the vice president of Nigeria as far back as August 25, 2005.

He said Obasanjo’s fear then, was that Atiku had secretly endorsed Alamieyeseigha as his running mate and had perfected plans to succeed him (OBJ) at the expiration of his second tenure.

Alamieyeseigha said the choice of Jonathan as vice president was to frustrate the emergence of Atiku and himself as PDP flag bearers in 2007.

He expressed regrets that his impeachment, imprisonment and travails in office were part of the plot by Obasanjo, who he described as “devil incarnate” to stop him from becoming Atiku’s deputy.

His words: “For Goodluck, I knew that Jonathan was going to be vice president of Nigeria as far back as August 25, 2005. Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, told me that since Atiku and I wanted to take his job, that it would be over his dead body; and that unless he died, Atiku cannot be president of Nigeria.

“Obasanjo said since Atiku had picked me as his running mate, he would make sure that he dealt with and disgraced us. He said he was going to use my deputy to rubbish me before everybody. So, I knew.”

On why he picked Jonathan as his deputy, Alamieyeseigha said he needed an establishment person and somebody who was not too ambitious.
He described Jonathan as humble and a man with strong character, who could be relied upon to handle a position of responsibility.

“I needed somebody that, if I travelled outside the State, I could sleep well. It was a combination of these factors that made me to choose Jonathan as my deputy then.

‘I set out an objective criteria on the qualities I needed and when the late chief judge of Bayelsa State recommended him (I did not know him before), I entered my car and drove to his residence.

I asked him to resign and come and be my running mate. I was already a candidate. He was then in OMPADEC quarters”, Alamieyeseigha said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/what-obj-told-me-about-jonathan-alamieyeseigha/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by MrZachs(m): 4:41am On Sep 15, 2015
Descipline ko Hypocrite...So since we cud reached our promised land if not 4 OBJ.... fo d fact dt Dupri n Atiku being d first Nigerian citizens what a COmBo...omo i dubrleh!!!

9 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by menix(m): 4:41am On Sep 15, 2015
Pls can he also tell us why OBJ picked Buahri to same GEJ..

People that should b in jail re now talking too..

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by redcliff: 4:41am On Sep 15, 2015
Mschew

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by menix(m): 4:42am On Sep 15, 2015
MrZachs:

It's called Comma nah abii u sef nah learner..

9 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by MrZachs(m): 4:44am On Sep 15, 2015
menix:

It's called Comma nah abii u sef nah learner..
If a hear saay i no climb dt place...

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by neolboy(m): 4:45am On Sep 15, 2015
Enuff of this rubbish talk jaree, abi u wan receive 20 pages letter from Obj niii. free d old man abeg

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by agarawu23(m): 4:48am On Sep 15, 2015
menix:

no mind them
Na gej gv am mouth na
He should be in jail like ibori

27 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by laurel03(m): 5:10am On Sep 15, 2015
Atiku presido And Alamieyeseigha Vp... See combination Their own for worst past Jona&Sambo govt. Awon Ole... Seriously 9ja for don finish

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by donholy28(m): 5:17am On Sep 15, 2015
How dix info go profit us

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 15, 2015
The truth will be coming out in trickles soon... More to come from the party that threw this country into doldrums for 16 years.

18 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 15, 2015
OBJ picked GEJ to disgrace me.....
is dis news relevant?
so this criminal wanted to be vice president?

why cant we just kill all dese politicians and allow new ones to come up...

66 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by iykenex(m): 5:55am On Sep 15, 2015
Why now
Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by bewla(m): 6:00am On Sep 15, 2015
who is nest in line to confess

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by Jetjacky(m): 6:00am On Sep 15, 2015
Okay we heard... Just a shame at the end he shamed his benefactor and mentor grin angry

3 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by molydonhenry(m): 6:03am On Sep 15, 2015
exlink10:
Former Gov. of Bayelsa state, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha revealed to newsmen that fmr. President Obasanjo picked Goodluck Jonathan to embarass him.

In an interview with Sun Newspapers, He said “For Goodluck, I knew that Jonathan was going to be vice president of Nigeria as far back as August 25, 2005. Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, told me that since Atiku and I wanted to take his job, that it would be over his dead body; and that unless he died, Atiku cannot be president of Nigeria."

Adding that “Obasanjo said since Atiku had picked me as his running mate, he would make sure that he dealt with and disgraced us. He said he was going to use my deputy to rubbish me before everybody. So, I knew.”

According to Sun Newspapers, he described GEJ as a man of discipline and strong character. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/09/alamieyeseigha-reveals-why-obasanjo.html#sthash.aoCiwEAF.dpuf

cc lalasticlala
Is he not d man dat was caught wid huge sum of money in U.K n later escaped dressed like a woman. Thank God o, he wud ve bn worse dan GEJ.

41 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 15, 2015
Atiku and Alamieyeseigha as President and Vice? angry shocked lipsrsealed undecided This country would have gone to the dogs.

I know that God loves this country and has a purpose for us. Any time a dictator or anyone that will lead us astray rises or tries to rise; God has a way of checkmating him. At a time, it was IBB, Abacha, Obj,Yar;adua and the cabal and GEJ. They all put this country on the precicpe but God rescued us. If PMB tries anything untoward, God will rescue us from in him in any means possible. He should take note of this warning!

Pheeew! I just sounded like mum kiss by inviting God in every situation.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 15, 2015
exlink10:
Former Gov. of Bayelsa state, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha revealed to newsmen that fmr. President Obasanjo picked Goodluck Jonathan to embarass him.

In an interview with Sun Newspapers, He said “For Goodluck, I knew that Jonathan was going to be vice president of Nigeria as far back as August 25, 2005. Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, told me that since Atiku and I wanted to take his job, that it would be over his dead body; and that unless he died, Atiku cannot be president of Nigeria."

Adding that “Obasanjo said since Atiku had picked me as his running mate, he would make sure that he dealt with and disgraced us. He said he was going to use my deputy to rubbish me before everybody. So, I knew.”

According to Sun Newspapers, he described GEJ as a man of discipline and strong character. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/09/alamieyeseigha-reveals-why-obasanjo.html#sthash.aoCiwEAF.dpuf

This will never make frontpage if you don't put the original source. Your blog or whatever is not authentic/credible enough to attract the Mods.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by bettercreature(m): 6:16am On Sep 15, 2015
Alamieyeseigha is a daylight thief,he would have sold Nigeria and sold our unborn generation
Stewpid old foool

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by ziccoit: 6:18am On Sep 15, 2015
Alamieyeseigha or Wetin be his name who supposed to be cooling off in jail now talking from both sides of his mouth on national issues. Smh.

7 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by truelyt: 6:20am On Sep 15, 2015
whether na lie or na true..
baba go comfirm am when he wake up

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by mu2sa2: 6:39am On Sep 15, 2015
laurel03:
Atiku presido And Alamieyeseigha Vp... Their own for worst past Jona Sambo govt. Awon Ole
Alams wanted to develop nigeria the way he "developed" hapless Bayelsa!!!

9 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by dayo23(f): 7:06am On Sep 15, 2015
Omenka come and hear Alamieyeseigha..... grin grin grin grin grin So this Hermaphrodite wanted to become our VP! grin grin grin
As for Atiku, till the world end he can never sit on that throne of Mr President, he will only continue to exist as a supporter of "incoming"with cash

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:09am On Sep 15, 2015
Alamesiegha need to let this matter to rest.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by coolitempa(f): 7:17am On Sep 15, 2015
menix:

Don't mind the fool......I can only blame GEJ for pardoning and cheapening the presidency. angry

10 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2015
coolitempa:

Don't mind the fool......I can only blame GEJ for pardoning and cheapening the presidency. angry
"beware of this 3-legged man called Eshinwaju".

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by permsec: 7:24am On Sep 15, 2015
This issue has been discussed to a point of ad nauseam.

whatever that happen btw them is a thing of the past. let them reconcile and make peace amongst themselves and also teach the youths the rudiments of polictics.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by Chanchit: 7:25am On Sep 15, 2015
Alams, you sef talk true, wetin for don happen to Nigeria by now if you and your fellow demon enter Aso Rock? All this wailing just reminds us that we still need to say thank you to Obasnjo.

10 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by Sweetcollins: 7:25am On Sep 15, 2015
Okoo
Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by Berrylite: 7:25am On Sep 15, 2015
All I can see is an embittered man who dreamt of becoming the vice president, only to be deposed off by his deputy. So if OBJ orchestrated your imprisonment, was he also the person that made you disgraced the dignity of manhood by camouflaging to a woman just to jump bail?
I suspect that these boko boys caught in female attire derived their inspiration from you.

12 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by Afrocatalyst: 7:25am On Sep 15, 2015
So? What do we do with this now?

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President by buzquet(m): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2015
Nigeria's greatest thief of all time has spoken again.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nura Iliyasu In DSS Custody After Climbing Mast To Protest Against Buhari - Deji / Nigeria’s Top Politicians With A History Of Spreading Fake News / President Buhari In A Photo With World Leaders At G7 Summit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.