Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers (13083 Views)

Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard / Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening / Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
dunkem21:

Amaechi said no funds ..Meanwhile, he earned his salary ..and bankrolled APC ..

Same way we are celebrating Aregbesola for his foolish "no fund" excuses ..

Amaechi got less. There is nothing you can say to change that.

Also, did you see Amaechi Bankrolling APC or you heard it from Mama Nkechi's kitchen gossips.
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by dunkem21(m): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
Demdem:

Goon, he has no excuse to have waited for this long. Not only will he complete the payment, he will also pay Timariv workers he disengaged. It's not his money, it's rivers money.

Yes, he will pay them ..

He will never allow them to sit on the ground in protest ..
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by Demdem(m): 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
dunkem21:

Yes, he will pay them ..

He will never allow them to sit on the ground in protest ..

When? It's 7 months now and still counting.

1 Like

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by Chigold101(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
drshrewd:
below is the current state of all the public schools built by the former Rivers governor Chibuike Amaechi no thanks to the incumbent sleeping governor

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829085_11228024101530227709377032505990069921968542n_jpeg2f1f4c9bf6026bc4355d56005460bccf
schools were on holiday for more than one month, who do you expect to weed the place when the pupils and students were on holiday?

How will it he Wike that is making weeds to out grow the schools, does of mean that these schools do not have teachers and pupil/students? Doesnir mean that Wike sacked the teachers and send the pupils/students home then shut the schools?

Funny propagandist, you are...

As for the pictures you posted here, how do you know a person that is sleeping in a still photo? How will you differentiate a person who's eyes camera cut in a motion and stilled it to look like sleeping while he does something else and the person who is actually sleeping?

We all know that Woke has been very active since he took over the government, unlike the Dull.are from Daura who has been traversing the world like Ajala with plates being for help. He does not know what to do with Nigeria other than using his peopanda machine and tribal bigotry against his assumed enemies.
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by ehissi(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Just a brief clarification. This children are primary school pupils, not students. You do not expect pupils to clear and keep a vast land tidy.

Secondly, the clearing of the school was an on going process as soon as the contractors completed the schools. It is not something recent.

Well the thread topic never pointed to Primary schools it just says beautiful schools in rivers so I assumed that they were public secondary schools!!

And yes primary school pupils at the higher classes of primary 5 and 6 can be brought in to give the school a face lift either as a disciplinary measure or as a Civil education stratagem; also I believe either demdem or a Nairalander used the words "Resorting to self-help" somewhere in a comment meaning its possible for kids to be involved!!

I gave my comment with a clear indication that the position of the Wike Administration is unknown and as such it will be wiser to here his side of the impasse before breaking legs, heads and hearts jumping to conclusions!!

But if you do have more details on the issue, then enlighten us more so that we can have a grasp of what's going all!!

Are the "Amaechi World Class Schools" only primary as your post suggests or both primary and secondary??

If they are primary, then the entire thread was raised in error as Basic education i.e. Public Primary education is the exclusive preserve of the local government with government offering a supporting role (I believe the ratio should be either 60% for local and then 40% for the state)!! Wike shouldn't be the target of this, if its primary schools shown here, its the local government that should be called to answer!!

Or am I getting things wrong?

In any case; I am diligently watching this thread for a comment stating the official statement of the wike administration on this issue (and not sentiments); lest we fall into the hands of upcoming, disgruntled politicians desperate to make end meet!!

We as Nigerians should watch and learn; tomorrow some of you may be local government chairman, senators or even governors; so it pays to be wise and objective when review government policies or body language on issues that way you have a well rounded education!!!
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by dunkem21(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Amaechi got less. There is nothing you can say to change that.

Also, did you see Amaechi Bankrolling APC or you heard it from Mama Nkechi's kitchen gossips.

..I heard it from the same kitchen sauce that said snipers are being trained ..

From the Sores ..where $20b oil funds got missing ..

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by Demdem(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
@ehissi,
I love and appreciate ur posts so far. Would have loved to give u a detailed response but I can't for now because am currently mobile. However, I still intend doing so as soon as u log in to a much more comfortable system.
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by ehissi(m): 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
Demdem:
@ehissi,
I love and appreciate ur posts so far. Would have loved to give u a detailed response but I can't for now because am currently mobile. However, I still intend doing so as soon as u log in to a much more comfortable system.

Its Ok! I think Nairaland will be sufficient!! That way everyone on the thread gets to learn the facts and learn to appreciate facts better
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by dunkem21(m): 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
Demdem:

When? It's 7 months now and still counting.

29th May till date is not 7 months ..
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by dunkem21(m): 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
ehissi:

Its Ok! I think Nairaland will be sufficient!! That way everyone on the thread gets to learn the facts and learn to appreciate facts better

Demdem derailed this thread ..

We would have held Wike accountable but for demdem lies ..

Nice input from you, bro.
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by Demdem(m): 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
dunkem21:

29th May till date is not 7 months ..

But u agreed wike has no choice but to pay up. U are inconsistent
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by dunkem21(m): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
Demdem:
But u agreed wike has no choice but to pay up. U are inconsistent

He will pay Amaechi's gbese, agreed.
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by Demdem(m): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
dunkem21:

He will pay Amaechi's gbese, agreed.

Yes Amaechis former debts that is now his. That's a fact. All debts are now wikes debt.
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by dandollaz: 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
Demdem:
[[s]quote author=dandollaz post=38032071]
kai nawa for una upon all these things wike is doing in rivers una still dey wail.hu can u forget so soon that during amaechi admini that the security and gardeners look the school severally now u point finger on wike.meanwhile school just resumed and why on earth should they pay to cut there grass,when i was in pri n sec i learn alot how to cut grass,its making those pupil lazy for manual labour time[/s]

Read through the thread and acquire more knowledge. I can't keep repeating myself for another brain already brainwashed by wike thugs.
APC in rivers have surrended to wike because of his achiements so far until he prove otherwise.i give credit to ameachi in educa and health sector but he performed poorly in other area.
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by theDEVILisHERE: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
The school authorities and the students are supposed to be responsible for their school environment
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by dunkem21(m): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:
The school authorities and the students are supposed to be responsible for their school environment

..Even the Devil knows that grin
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

Amaechi made the school fees free. So how do you expect the heads of the school to pay for Manual labour?

1 Like

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by drshrewd: 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
ehissi:

Well the thread topic never pointed to Primary schools it just says beautiful schools in rivers so I assumed that they were public secondary schools!!

And yes primary school pupils at the higher classes of primary 5 and 6 can be brought in to give the school a face lift either as a disciplinary measure or as a Civil education stratagem; also I believe either demdem or a Nairalander used the words "Resorting to self-help" somewhere in a comment meaning its possible for kids to be involved!!

I gave my comment with a clear indication that the position of the Wike Administration is unknown and as such it will be wiser to here his side of the impasse before breaking legs, heads and hearts jumping to conclusions!!

But if you do have more details on the issue, then enlighten us more so that we can have a grasp of what's going all!!

Are the "Amaechi World Class Schools" only primary as your post suggests or both primary and secondary??

If they are primary, then the entire thread was raised in error as Basic education i.e. Public Primary education is the exclusive preserve of the local government with government offering a supporting role (I believe the ratio should be either 60% for local and then 40% for the state)!! Wike shouldn't be the target of this, if its primary schools shown here, its the local government that should be called to answer!!

Or am I getting things wrong?

In any case; I am diligently watching this thread for a comment stating the official statement of the wike administration on this issue (and not sentiments); lest we fall into the hands of upcoming, disgruntled politicians desperate to make end meet!!

We as Nigerians should watch and learn; tomorrow some of you may be local government chairman, senators or even governors; so it pays to be wise and objective when review government policies or body language on issues that way you have a well rounded education!!!

mr epistle I know you don't reside in Rivers to really understand the cruse of this discussion. those schools are world class with world class facilities such as Football pitch, basket ball court, farm yard, garden, etc. these facilities need to be maintained by professionals and not kids as you suggested.Amaechi has made Rivers State gone past that level and never in the dispensation of the former governor has those schools been in this pretty mess condition

2 Likes

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by theDEVILisHERE: 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Amaechi made the school fees free. So how do you expect the heads of the school to pay for Manual labour?

Students are suppposed to be able to tidy-up their school manual labour or not
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by drshrewd: 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
dandollaz:

APC in rivers have surrended to wike because of his achiements so far until he prove otherwise.i give credit to ameachi in education and health sector but he performed poorly in other area.
[b]you call those open gutter substandard road achievement? did Amaechi construct any open gutter drainage road in Rivers?. go to D-line, Oruworokwo, etc, and see how standard inner street roads are being constructed.

Amaechi touched and had a top notch performance in every area of governance. Job creatio and human capital development ( unprecedentedly employed at a go over 13,000 teachers and over 400 doctors to man his beautiful schools and health centers.
in infrastructure: He revolutionalised infrastructure in Rivers state. Anybody living in Rivers state and really know the state very well will recall that Rivers state as a whole barely has five dualised road before the inception of Amaechi’s administration. But the story has change as we have lost count of the number of high quality dualised road with underground drainage and pedestrian walk ways in the state. Several fly over and bridges were constructed. Inner street construction was taken to another level with underground drainages and pedestrian walk way. Check out the infrastructure in Rainbow town initiative started by the Amaechi’s administration where we have clusters of several up rise building that are almost in completion stage. How about the greater PH where modern city infrastructure is being constructed( Roads, underground utility system, etc) , Olympic sports complex of international standard with modern state of the art basket ball court (two), Olympic standard aquarium (Two), Fifa standard football pitch (40,000 capacity second largest in the country after Abuja stadium), volley court, etc.
In agriculture the Songhai initiative, Banana plantation, cassava plantation, etc
in security we all know that he single handedly brought peace and decorum to the state
my brother Amaechi did a lot in Rivers that's why I will never stand anybody disparage the person of that amiable young man [/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by ehissi(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
drshrewd:

mr epistle I know you don't reside in Rivers to really understand the cruse of this discussion. those schools are world class with world class facilities such as Football pitch, basket ball court, farm yard, garden, etc. these facilities need to be maintained by professionals and not kids as you suggested.Amaechi has made Rivers State gone past that level and never in the dispensation of the former governor has those schools been in this pretty mess condition

Well informed opinions are a product of information/ facts not fictions nor sentiments!!

All of you here mudslinging and calling wike names freely and with ease will never do so if wike was your father; no matter how much you love rivers state nor how long you have lived in rivers state nor how well suited to the discussion your house is in Rivers state nor how much of a crook the fellow is??

The same applies if you are opposed to wike or his or tribe or his political dynasty either by personal opinion or social clime or maybe you are from a different political party/inclination to his; the tendency is to never find anything good in wike to say.

So the intelligent and discerning/educated mind has to listen to one or both sides of the story and get the facts and get a grasp of the situation on ground; whether you live in rivers or not doesn't denigrate the facts and neither does calling anyone names, that just betrays your age, level of education and temperament!!

One person in this thread has said that the schools are just primary schools but none of you opposed to wike are choosing to confirm or deny it!

None of you are telling me governments position on the matter; none of you even seem to give a glimpse or a hint of the framework and financial transactions relating to the contracts around these school before wike and now nor show basic understanding of what ideally government policy should be relating to primary education (at least that way we can be shown that wike is breaking a law); but you know that wike is a crook??

That's a very un-intelligent line of argument even for an adult much less a child; at the worst it is seemingly un-intelligent, at best sentimental!!

You are not a government spokesperson; neither have you given me facts that explain why he is owing! All you folks seem to say is that wike is owing; which isn't new!!

So what is new??
He is owing, has he denied the debt, has he said he won't pay?

At least I am aware that wike had in times past accused the past government of accruing debts to which amaechi denied now it has reared it head here that he was owing contractors?? Contractors handling world class schools; that may or may not probably charge world class fees!!

So please, let stick to the facts!! If at all you have a bias or don't particularly like a public figure; you are welcome to express it; you don't owe anyone an explanation neither will you be vilified for it! Its freedom of expression but at least stick to the facts when allegation like this are raised!!

I don't particularly like wike as such but, sentiments can never take the place of facts!!

Plus this is a fora, its meant for epistles, it makes for an interesting read; you want short notes try bbm or 2go chatrooms!!!
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by drshrewd: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
ehissi:

Well informed opinions are a product of information/ facts not fictions nor sentiments!!

All of you here mudslinging and calling wike names freely and with ease will never do so if wike was your father; no matter how much you love rivers state nor how long you have lived in rivers state nor how well suited to the discussion your house is in Rivers state nor how much of a crook the fellow is??

The same applies if you are opposed to wike or his or tribe or his political dynasty either by personal opinion or social clime or maybe you are from a different political party/inclination to his; the tendency is to never find anything good in wike to say.

So the intelligent and discerning/educated mind has to listen to one or both sides of the story and get the facts and get a grasp of the situation on ground; whether you live in rivers or not doesn't denigrate the facts and neither does calling anyone names, that just betrays your age, level of education and temperament!!

One person in this thread has said that the schools are just primary schools but none of you opposed to wike are choosing to confirm or deny it!

None of you are telling me governments position on the matter; none of you even seem to give a glimpse or a hint of the framework and financial transactions relating to the contracts around these school before wike and now nor show basic understanding of what ideally government policy should be relating to primary education (at least that way we can be shown that wike is breaking a law); but you know that wike is a crook??

That's a very un-intelligent line of argument even for an adult much less a child; at the worst it is seemingly un-intelligent, at best sentimental!!

You are not a government spokesperson; neither have you given me facts that explain why he is owing! All you folks seem to say is that wike is owing; which isn't new!!

So what is new??
He is owing, has he denied the debt, has he said he won't pay?

At least I am aware that wike had in times past accused the past government of accruing debts to which amaechi denied now it has reared it head here that he was owing contractors?? Contractors handling world class schools; that may or may not probably charge world class fees!!

So please, let stick to the facts!! If at all you have a bias or don't particularly like a public figure; you are welcome to express it; you don't owe anyone an explanation neither will you be vilified for it! Its freedom of expression but at least stick to the facts when allegation like this are raised!!

I don't particularly like wike as such but, sentiments can never take the place of facts!!

Plus this is a fora, its meant for epistles, it makes for an interesting read; you want short notes try bbm or 2go chatrooms!!!
***yawns*** you 2like long things we dey say wike no fit maintain childurenu sukulu make dem 4 start suku and u dey here dey yawn Ukpatha angry

3 Likes

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

Students are suppposed to be able to tidy-up their school manual labour or not

What of the pupils? Does Wike want to promote Child Labour? For years Amaechi paid for the Labour in the school before the drop in the state's monthly revenue. I can not believe Wike will not pay it now the money is available.

1 Like

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
mayorkyzo:
What manner of useless post is this..schools have being on holidays so it's only natural there would be weeds growth...
Doesn't the government know the date or resumption? Or are they expecting the pupils to cut the grasses upon resumption?

2 Likes

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by ehissi(m): 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
drshrewd:

[b]you call those open gutter substandard road achievement? did Amaechi construct any open gutter drainage road in Rivers?. go to D-line, Oruworokwo, etc, and see how standard inner street roads are being constructed.

Amaechi touched and had a top notch performance in every area of governance. Job creatio and human capital development ( unprecedentedly employed at a go over 13,000 teachers and over 400 doctors to man his beautiful schools and health centers.
in infrastructure: He revolutionalised infrastructure in Rivers state. Anybody living in Rivers state and really know the state very well will recall that Rivers state as a whole barely has five dualised road before the inception of Amaechi’s administration. But the story has change as we have lost count of the number of high quality dualised road with underground drainage and pedestrian walk ways in the state. Several fly over and bridges were constructed. Inner street construction was taken to another level with underground drainages and pedestrian walk way. Check out the infrastructure in Rainbow town initiative started by the Amaechi’s administration where we have clusters of several up rise building that are almost in completion stage. How about the greater PH where modern city infrastructure is being constructed( Roads, underground utility system, etc) , Olympic sports complex of international standard with modern state of the art basket ball court (two), Olympic standard aquarium (Two), Fifa standard football pitch (40,000 capacity second largest in the country after Abuja stadium), volley court, etc.
In agriculture the Songhai initiative, Banana plantation, cassava plantation, etc
in security we all know that he single handedly brought peace and decorum to the state
my brother Amaechi did a lot in Rivers that's why I will never stand anybody disparage the person of that amiable young man [/b]

At least we know where your loyalties lie; amaechi is your brother and is amiable; wike is not and is un-amiable hence he is a crook!!

A man who joined buhari's transitional committee to collect handover notes from jonathan but gave none to wike!!

The same man who went to court (that he used thugs to shut down for months because the NJC didn't accept his preferred choice of Chief judge) to stop wike from running a probe on the activities of Rivers government during his tenure but will call Jonathan a thief!!

@Demdem and all

Please if any person has sound facts on the issue of debate in this thread; present them in an orderly fashion for proper digesting; let's learn something interesting, at least for once
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Demdem:

What lie? Did u listen to Rhythm ph news fm by 7 am this morning? It was reported on their news and the security guards were interviewed.
By the way, I need no respect on am online anonymous forum. I say my mind and care less about others opinion.
I saw it on TVC this morning that cleaners and security guards are being owed in Rivers State.

2 Likes

Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by theDEVILisHERE: 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

What of the pupils? Does Wike want to promote Child Labour? For years Amaechi paid for the Labour in the school before the drop in the state's monthly revenue. I can not believe Wike will not pay it now the money is available.

Young and agile boys and girls taking care of their environment is not child labour
They should be able to do that while the School Authorities sort the financial situation with the Governor
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

Young and agile boys and girls taking care of their environment is not child labour
They should be able to do that while the School Authorities sort the financial situation with the Governor

You will feel happy if you'd seven year old child is cutting grass in the morning while his peers are studying at school. Impressive.
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by theDEVILisHERE: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You will feel happy if you'd seven year old child is cutting grass in the morning while his peers are studying at school. Impressive.

7yr olds as well as other age groups should do what's within their strenght to do
The rest should be done by the school staffs and authorities
A set-aside day of the schooling week should be enough to achieve this
This should be done till the financial situation is resolved
You have to learn to properly adjust and manage any problem that comes your way
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

7yr olds as well as other age groups should do what's within their strenght to do
The rest should be done by the school staffs and authorities
A set-aside day of the schooling week should be enough to achieve this
This should be done till the financial situation is resolved
You have to learn to properly adjust and manage any problem that comes your way

The money is available. Wike is with it. He should pay them. When Amaechi was paying them, paying for free uniform, sandals, socks, books etc. Wike thought it was eans.

Plus building all the schools.
Re: Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers by theDEVILisHERE: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The money is available. Wike is with it. He should pay them. When Amaechi was paying them, paying for free uniform, sandals, socks, books etc. Wike thought it was eans.

Plus building all the schools.

The money issue should be between the school authorities and the Governor
The environment should be taken careof in the meantime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Look beyond APC for solutions to economy, Senate tells Buhari / FG Says It Is Partnering The Russian Government To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company / Femi Adedina: Some Nigerians Claimed I Had Developed Stroke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.