Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch (27111 Views)

Adetunji Becomes 41st Olubadan Of Ibadanland-the Punch / Ooni, Oba Aromolaran May Clash Over Osun Monarchs Council- Punch / How The Yoruba Can Deal With The Igbo....azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by joshuaidibia(m): 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
I rep SAMBISA forest.

FTC on second page... grin
I dedicate this Achievement to all Man-utd Fans.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by OVI75(m): 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
PROUDLY DELTA,ISOKO WADOOOO.I DEY REPRESENT OOOO.

NO MATTET THE WEIGHT OF AN ELEPHANT E NO DEY CAUSE EARTHQUAKE

SAMPLE EKWEE,SAMPLE EKWEEEEEEEE

1 Like

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by chamberl(m): 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
#iRepWarri
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by dedons: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
K
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by aduje(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Proudly Deltan... I represent Agbor - HATE ME OR LOVE ME DO NOT BE NEUTRAL

5 Likes

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by erico2k2(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
shaboti:
I only know asaba
Travel more mayB southern undecided
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by omusiliyu(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Babangida
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by bufness(m): 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
having a boting day? checkout www.galvinggrey..com.ng, u definitely won't regret
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by Sacramento4real(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
Warri Boi,street Boi till i D I E.
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by emmyid(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by onila(f): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
their girls are mean and horrible

I hate them
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by GodswillAJudins(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Proudly deltan.
If e no fit, e no fit be delta.
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by atlwireles: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
"Deltans never get anything on a silver platter, yet they excel wherever they are. No matter how few they are in a group, their impact is easily felt. They are neither timid nor shy.

You cannot intimidate them. You cannot easily take them for a ride. Nigerians need to pay more attention to the Deltans to find out what makes them tick. Is it in their genes? Is it in their land? Is it in the air they breathe or in the water they drink or in the food they eat? Do they grow up in a difficult environment

that gives them no other option except to excel or suffer?"
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by ceeceeuwa: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Proudly Delta Pikin!
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by damton(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
One thing I like about them his their sense of humor. they are funny set of people to be with

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by kikilove(f): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Adesiji77:

cheesy grin

Cc: lalasticlala, urhoboman, kikilove, Herzumpther, Ishilove, Godmother
proudly waffirian,proudly deltan grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
chamberl:
#iRepWarri
Sorry dear, Warri has been so messed up. It's no longer a place to boast with. Dilapidated infrastructure, lawlessness and crude lifestyle. I spend most of my time in the city and I wonder why residents don't care anymore. Things are getting worse by the day and they'd tell you, "but this is Warri". The negative uniqueness is suffocating.

6 Likes

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by JVgal(f): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
delta, my delta
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by GodswillAJudins(m): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
onila:
their girls are mean and horrible

I hate them

They don't care. Hating haters.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by goldengift025(m): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
THE BIG HEART.... THATS WHO WE ARE
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by aduje(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
@op, I respect you for taking the pains to compile this write up without sentiments. May God Bless You!

...Delta as a state has a unique potential in their people irrespective of the diversity of culture. An average delta guy is special.

The list of unique things about Delta people is endless; let me just add a few:-

- HRM Keinagborekwuzi is the Dien (King) of Agbor Kingdom; was crown at infant age, he is in the Guinness Book of Record as the youngest to be crown king in the whole world. The last time I checked, he is the youngest man to be appointed a Chancellor in any Federal University in Nigeria.
- Chief Ibe Kachikwu (currently transforming NNPC cum the oil & gas industry in Nigeria) is one of the best brains around. He is a chief from Onicha Ugbo in Delta state.
- Obi Chike Edozien, the Asagba (Traditional Ruler) of Asaba is among the top 10 learned first class traditional rulers in Nigeria
- Delta is the big heart.

4 Likes

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by DrKlever(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
i rep delta......... proud KWALE boy. Biafra blood!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by atlwireles: 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
[s]
Ymodulus:
Typing...

I expected you to outline the corruption characteristics of deltans.

1. Ex Governor of Delta state (Uduaghan) Budgeted 7.4Billion Naira for clearing grasses , shrubs , sands and trees around Asaba Airport.

2. Ex Delta Governor James Ibori has a high breaking corruption record. He stole a large amount.

3. Delta is the only state where 9 out of every 10 persons are billionaires yet there is nothing to show for it.

Finally its not about just calling big names. What have they achieved? How have the impacted on the masses.

With the high number of so called millionaires and famous names in the likes of

Francis Atuche ( Nigeria renowned Fraudstar )
Pat Utomi ( who was labelled a fake igbo when he wanted to contest the 2007 election by same igbo who want to call deltans theirs )
Pat. okorocha ( Current governor is a mouth maker )
Prof. Joseph Chike Edozien, CFR, JP, the Asagba
(traditional ruler) of Asaba - the oldest professor in Nigeria alive ( And what did he contribute? )
* Chief. Sonny Iwedike Odogwu, A Great Business Mogul ( Been a business man with no impact of his business on the people of Delta state )
* Dr. Andrew Azukaego Moemeka ( just a space blocker )
* Dr. Cyril Uchenna Gwam, Diplomat, international civil servant and international environmentalist ( environmentalist? Can't stop laughing where was he during the oil spilling and the Ken sawo wiwa case )
* Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the current Managing Director of World Bank ( this one ruined our economy to shambles )
* Dr Elizabeth Isichei, prominent historian ( historian who don't want to tell you the real history of deltans )
* Dr. Isaac Nwaise, Epidemiologist and health economist
* Air-Marshal Paul Dike, former Chief of Defence Staff of Nigeria ( This is the same man igbos shouted is not a real igbo. After he was appointed and Mike okiro was to be made IGP igbos recounted their mistakes )
* Professor Augustine Onwuyali Esogbue, The only African included in NASA and Scientist ( Stop claiming he is an African he has no impact on deltans. Him been a Nasan adds nothing to Delta state. Or when last have your government spent money on space research? )
* Professor Buchi Emecheta, London Based Author ( So what is his article )
* Chukwurah Joseph Udeh OFR, Former Comptroller-General Nigerian Immigration Service ( you mean the man who hiked and changed several legal happenings in the custom services?)
* Prof Eric Opia, Former Governorship candidate of Delta State ( No impact )
* Mr Jim Ovia, M/D Zenith Bank ( MD my foot. Go to Ibusa the only bank there is that brought in by former MD of PHB bank who was sacked for fraud by the erudite scholar sanusi lamido sanusi. Seasoned economist
* Prof. Joy Ogwu, Former Mangaging Director of Nigeria Institute of International Affairs
* Professor Pat Utomi, Presidential Candidate and Founder of Lagos Business School ( he is the only deltan with a for sight who has made it. But igbos rejected him even after been married to an eastern wife )
* Tony Elumelu, MD of United Bank for AfricaAfrica ( Bank know for high rates and low ccare service is this an achievement? )

* Austine "Jay-Jay Okocha, Former Captain of Super Eagles of Nigeria ( how did is carrier ended with the super eagles? Because of 10million with defunct Savannah bank )
* Sunday Oliseh, Former Captain of super Eagles of Nigeria ( who is this one self. Nigerian present coach? What's are his achievement ? )

Nothing absolutely nothing to show for. Go to the south west and pick examples. Learn from seasoned activist , politicians, business men and technocrats etc.
[/s]

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by injuriam(m): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
Truly Speaking, Deltans are blessed. Th women are caring. #ProudlyDelta

4 Likes

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by osothermal(m): 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
We originated pigin english though many of you guys disagree
I rep Benin
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by 5starmilitant: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
Warri boy till I kick bucket.
Delta boy till I DIE
South south boy till obituary
Proudly Biafra in advance

Fucck the oduas
Fucck the arewas

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by onila(f): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2015
GodswillAJudins:

They don't care. Hating haters.

proud for nothing skanks
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
[s]Typing...

1. Ex Governor of Delta state (Uduaghan) Budgeted 7.4Billion Naira for clearing grasses , shrubs , sands and trees around Asaba Airport.

2. Ex Delta Governor James Ibori has a high breaking corruption record. He stole a large amount.

3. Delta is the only state where 9 out of every 10 persons are billionaires yet there is nothing to show for it.

Finally its not about just calling big names. What have they achieved? How have the impacted on the masses.

Pat Utomi ( who was labelled a fake igbo when he wanted to contest the 2007 election by same igbo who want to call deltans theirs )
(traditional ruler) of Asaba - the oldest professor in Nigeria alive ( And what did he contribute? )
* Chief. Sonny Iwedike Odogwu, A Great Business Mogul ( Been a business man with no impact of his business on the people of Delta state )
* Dr. Cyril Uchenna Gwam, Diplomat, international civil servant and international environmentalist ( environmentalist? Can't stop laughing where was he during the oil spilling and the Ken sawo wiwa case )
* Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the current Managing Director of World Bank ( this one ruined our economy to shambles )
* Dr Elizabeth Isichei, prominent historian ( historian who don't want to tell you the real history of deltans )
* Air-Marshal Paul Dike, former Chief of Defence Staff of Nigeria ( This is the same man igbos shouted is not a real igbo. After he was appointed and Mike okiro was to be made IGP igbos recounted their mistakes )
* Professor Augustine Onwuyali Esogbue, The only African included in NASA and Scientist ( Stop claiming he is an African he has no impact on deltans. Him been a Nasan adds nothing to Delta state. Or when last have your government spent money on space research? )
* Chukwurah Joseph Udeh OFR, Former Comptroller-General Nigerian Immigration Service ( you mean the man who hiked and changed several legal happenings in the custom services?)
* Mr Jim Ovia, M/D Zenith Bank ( MD my foot. Go to Ibusa the only bank there is that brought in by former MD of PHB bank who was sacked for fraud by the erudite scholar sanusi lamido sanusi. Seasoned economist
* Prof. Joy Ogwu, Former Mangaging Director of Nigeria Institute of International Affairs
* Professor Pat Utomi, Presidential Candidate and Founder of Lagos Business School ( he is the only deltan with a for sight who has made it. But igbos rejected him even after been married to an eastern wife )
* Tony Elumelu, MD of United Bank for AfricaAfrica ( Bank know for high rates and low ccare service is this an achievement? )

* Austine "Jay-Jay Okocha, Former Captain of Super Eagles of Nigeria ( how did is carrier ended with the super eagles? Because of 10million with defunct Savannah bank )
* Sunday Oliseh, Former Captain of super Eagles of Nigeria ( who is this one self. Nigerian present coach? What's are his achievement ? )

Nothing absolutely nothing to show for. Go to the south west and pick examples. Learn from seasoned activist , politicians, business men and technocrats etc.[/s]

SHUT UP TRIBAL GOAT. This is the reason why people hate the Yorubas. Egocentric and egotistic characters.

Learn to keep quiet when issues beyond your mental capacity is being discussed. ODE

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by jimi4us: 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
basilo101:
Most of the names are igbos, even the writer is igbo. it doesnt matter which side of the niger u are, Igbos are achievers
yolobas won't like your comment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by SenatorM(m): 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
Proudly Delta Pikin,,,, Na we get am
Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by aduje(m): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
Typing...

Nothing absolutely nothing to show for. Go to the south west and pick examples. Learn from seasoned activist , politicians, business men and technocrats etc.
Sir/ma, please read the post again and again. You will find out the point the post is making. It is not about the achievement of individuals. The delta man or woman is unique.
...point of correction, a man or woman in delta who speaks ibo and bear igbos name will never accept being called an ibo person. There is a thick difference between the both side of the Niger river. If you are not from that region, please find out. Go to Asaba for instance and see how an Asaba or Ibusa person will address an Igbo man from Onitsha.

11 Likes

Re: What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch by ladygudhead(f): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
If to say I nor be Deltan I for vex for myself! cool

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things Most Nigerians Do Not Know About Slavery / Yoruba Peeps, Kini Oriki Ilu Re? / Photos Of Oba Elegushi, Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.