Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria (21977 Views)

16 Reasons Why Many Businesses Fail And How To Avoid Them / 8 Reasons Why 90% Of Nigerians Fail In Online Business / The Reasons Why Most Online Businesses Fail In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
Yet you dnt want sharia law,it will not finish killing you.
GboyegaD:
Access to funds too is one of the major reason why small businesses fail. Our interest rates are killing.
Re: Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
uplawal:
Yet you dnt want sharia law,it will not finish killing you.
Truth is we do not need sharia law to have low interest rate and stop being a bigot. Western countries have interest rates lower than 5% without sharia law, therefore, hold your peace and don't think this is an appropriate avenue to force that down on people.
Re: Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 18, 2015
Sharia law is no interest not low interest,die in your rage you kafir.
GboyegaD:

Truth is we do not need sharia law to have low interest rate and stop being a bigot. Western countries have interest rates lower than 5% without sharia law, therefore, hold your peace and don't think this is an appropriate avenue to force that down on people.
Re: Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 1:46am On Sep 18, 2015
uplawal:
Sharia law is no interest not low interest,die in your rage you kafir.

I guess you have challenges comprehending. Keep living in the deciet of thinking you are better than those who do not share in your faith.
Re: Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria by TopHand: 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Originalsly:
"Look before you leap" is not in the books of most failed small businesses...and those who looked didn't look well enough. Most leap into business with faith... follow your heart....follow your dream.... go for it....then reality hits them in the face. Location. A friend of mine had a thriving business....located very close to a busy bus/train station and shopping strip.Because his rent increased slightly he decided to move to a much cheaper location ....there was like no foot traffic and the people in that residential area were culturally not interested in his product....was like opening a grand squeaky clean very hygienic but low priced Pork Chop restaurant in the middle of an Islamic community. That is a business doomed from jump...and so was his...my bad mouth came to pass real fast. Foot traffic is very important and location determines that. My other reason...is the people employed...what criteria these owners use to hire staff?....seems like family ties, complexion, how pretty or sexy one is or who would accept the slave wages is more important than if the person is crude and rude...dishonest or don't care a damn... the type that act like they are doing the customers a favour. That's also a business killer. I'm done.
you have said it all, good location is the first step, and if you get a good location try and buy it, I keep on saying this, pressing this point good location does not mean Balogun market, or Terminus market in jos, it means foot traffic, opened to routes of movements, area near existing businesses, you can always go into towns, into neighbours and find one plot half a plot, quarter of a plot from a landlord in a good location 2million can get something I know becos this what I do sometimes the children of the landlord oppose I tell the landlord if all your children dont put hand in the document forget, most of the time landlords want to sell their are old they want money to go and marry a new wife etc, but the point is if you are going into retail or services industry try and raise capital to buy land build a shop use it for car wash etc then raise money and start the business you set yur mind on, yes access to cash is a problem banks and their 16% interest dont even think about it, sleepless nights and heart attacks, find a good friend or friends write a constitution, an agreement, terms and conditions that should guarantee everybody's money, make it easy for people to leave the venture if they are no more interested, make this agreement legal with the right authorities job done.
people if you going sole trader unless you can get a 15 year fixed lease try and buy your business premise even b4 you write yur business plan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria by joeyarticles: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2020
Why Business Fail In Nigeria - Business Failure
One of the most common occurrences in business today is the failure that happens, and the fact remains that all over the world businesses are failing on a regular basis. Business failure is not restricted to just any location, even in the United States of America, we have seen world renowned firms like WORLDCOM, EMRON, PARMALAT etc failed, their location didn’t exempt them from failing as a business, this is not to say that it is an excuse to fail, but that failure can occur as a result of a lot of factors.
Re: Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria by progress206(m): 11:02am On Nov 06, 2020
How To Get Paid $100 Daily
Re: Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria by Fujiyama: 11:07am On Apr 27
Great thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bank Of America Urges Nigeria To Hike Interest Rate To 25.5% To Curb Inflation / Organic Cream Mixing Ebook- Be Your Own Boss / Nigeria’s Currency Woes, A Blessing For Top Palm-oil Producer - Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.