Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? (1483 Views)

How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? / Funniest Way To End A Relationship(fun Time Romanclanders) / The Best Way To Keep Your Girl (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by milestonejnr(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Relationships can never be perfect, it can be sweet and can also be sour. But in a case whereby you have checked your relationship with someone and have seen it won't really work out. What's the best way to quit maturely?

I have seen some dudes act funny by picking their phone, dialing the girls number and the utter 'it's not working out, I think it's over'.

In case u know a good and mature to approach such situation, ur contribution is highly needed.

Thanks guys!
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by ladyF(f): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
Sheett happens, but I think I'll prefer an email or a text message explaining in detail....followed by a call which I'll probably not pick.

That face to face break up is not it....break ups are still over rated to me sha grin Life is too short to be crying over man

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Obinovictor(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
Call the girl over and discuss things with her. Don't hide behind a phone call

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Heart to heart talk. The both of you should come to an agreement, you state why you wouldn't want to continue in the relationship and if the other partner insist then take a walk.

It's always better to partways peacefully

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
I think it depends on the situation of a relationship...things are so complicated when a person wants to end the relationship and his/her partner is not ready for this.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
I'm sure no one would want to witness their one-time partner emotionally mewl before them so I'd advise they break up through messaging. The effect would be same irrespective of the channel employed.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by hob(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mostly easy for guys to break up with little emotion,but for the girls..its another story

Preferbly One on One talk is better to reach a compromise
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
I won't be a part of this... (I sure know how it feels like)
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by donTbone(m): 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
Get seated with your partner in questions, make her see or list reasons why it wont work out. If either of the party fails to see the reasons, just move on with life. with that, you've saved your self from any discussion of...he|she is cheating and all stuffs...
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Bimpe29: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Is not a good situation to experience.
However, if such happens the best way to end it is to talk it over face to face.
While doing that, be objective and modest, identify the factors that will not make it (relationship) achievable and prosperous one.
Convince your partner and quit the relationship peacefully.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by xynerise: 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
Those saying you will call her and sit her down before saying your venoms might have said that out of watching too much Telemundos. You think everybody is emotionally strong to hear such bad news directly?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by derrick333(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
Baby , i'm gala I want u to b lacasara! Simple grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
You guys did a very good job. What I see to be missing is how well you understand your partner.
How strong emotionally is the victim when it comes to bad news or surprises. Then you can knw which method to adopt. One on one, face to face, phone call emails and text message even a narrative essay culd all be a means to an end but for the record study your partner know how well to go about it in other to avert a disastrous ending. She may have put alot in line that you are not aware of.
Thank you.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
xynerise:
Those saying you will call her and sit her down before saying your venoms might have said that out of watching too much Telemundos. You think everybody is emotionally strong to hear such bad news directly?

Lol! The effect of watching too much soaps. I wonder how many of them can actually meet their partner in person for the purpose of breaking up with them. Like "baby please let's move on, I can't do this anymore". Iyama!

So they'd have to invite their partner on a date or over to their private residence only to break up with them, after such persons would be anticipating another lovey dovey moment. I hope they don't risk it in their partners home else someone may come out injured or acidified lol.

Nowadays how many people even break up with their partner. No one cares even to text their loved one of a break up. You just withdraw from all those cordial gestures and caring activities you normally do, cease being receptive and the person would figure they're no longer interested in the affair and move on.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by HayZee06(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
KashyBaby:
I think it depends on the situation of a relationship...things are so complicated when a person wants to end the relationship and his/her partner is not ready for this.
Exactly! ..i was in d same situation where I wanted to end d relationship and she is nt ready for it. things gt complicated wen I tell her wats on my mind thinking she would handle things in a matured way.....hmmm its a long story sha. jst b wise weneva u ar thinking abt calling it a quit
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
I think I'd prefer to be dumped via text than face to face. Face to face would be very humiliating imo & I'd probably hate him for a long time for it.

Now, when I'm doing the dumping I prefer doing it via text as well. Ain't nobody have time for drama. Things could get nasty because some guys have a mental tick tick waiting to explode.

Write them a nice long text where you give them blow by blow about why it's not working for you. At the end I like to add "Don't answer" because at that point I really don't care what they have to say, I'm done.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
HayZee06:

Exactly! ..i was in d same situation where I wanted to end d relationship and she is nt ready for it. things gt complicated wen I tell her wats on my mind thinking she would handle things in a matured way.....hmmm its a long story sha. jst b wise weneva u ar thinking abt calling it a quit

oohh..have u heard of "Summer Love"? i invented this one…lol, juz kidding…juz fall in love during summer time and when the summer is over,then things shud be done deal…3months of being in a relationship is a very long one but definitely its one hella good time wink wink wink
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by funlord(m): 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
grin

Fake your own death! Simple and short! If you ever come across her again after that tell her you are actually a doppleganger and not who she thinks you are!
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by HayZee06(m): 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
KashyBaby:

oohh..have u heard of "Summer Love"? i invented this one…lol, juz kidding…juz fall in love during summer time and when the summer is over,then things shud be done deal…3months of being in a relationship is a very long one but definitely its one hella good time wink wink wink
Haha, funny u. would love to knw more abt this ur "Summer Love" thingy.....i guess its worth given a try, lol.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by utenwuson: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
am in ds kinda situation too! I 1st tried sending her a text n she demand we stil see to talk over it, b4 I knw it, she s standin @ my door dt she s sorry, dt she ll change! d fact is I don't hate but I don't love her either 'jst like her" cos she s too beautiful,caring n every thing a man will want in a woman, but d tins I don like about her is she s to reserve, she don't argue, she don't bring her opinion on anything, if I point 2 a black screen says it's white, she ll says ok dear! n d main reason is dt we re almost dsame age! she s working n earnin more dan me! I jst prayed n hope one gud guy comes frm smwhere n love her 4 who she is! "I really pray!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
HayZee06:

Haha, funny u. would love to knw more abt this ur "Summer Love" thingy.....i guess its worth given a try, lol.
sure... grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Akuneshiobike(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dnt need to see you, text nor call you. My actions alone is enough to tell you its over.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by xynerise: 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
ronald4lif:

Lol! The effect of watching too much soaps. I wonder how many of them can actually meet their partner in person for the purpose of breaking up with them. Like "baby please let's move on, I can't do this anymore". Iyama!

So they'd have to invite their partner on a date or over to their private residence only to break up with them, after such persons would be anticipating another lovey dovey moment. I hope they don't risk it in their partners home else someone may come out injured or acidified lol.

Nowadays how many people even break up with their partner. No one cares even to text their loved one of a break up. You just withdraw from all those cordial gestures and caring activities you normally do, cease being receptive and the person would figure they're no longer interested in the affair and move on.
Leave all these kids wey never enter serious relationship before grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To End A Relationship? by Ephemmm: 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
utenwuson:
am in ds kinda situation too! I 1st tried sending her a text n she demand we stil see to talk over it, b4 I knw it, she s standin @ my door dt she s sorry, dt she ll change! d fact is I don't hate but I don't love her either 'jst like her" cos she s too beautiful,caring n every thing a man will want in a woman, but d tins I don like about her is she s to reserve, she don't argue, she don't bring her opinion on anything, if I point 2 a black screen says it's white, she ll says ok dear! n d main reason is dt we re almost dsame age! she s working n earnin more dan me! I jst prayed n hope one gud guy comes frm smwhere n love her 4 who she is! "I really pray!!!

I doubt if she will be checking my phone too? Can you give me her contact please?

(1) (Reply)

How Long Should A Guy Chase A Lady He Likes? / That Moment In Our Lives. / Graphic: Six Months Pregnant Woman Brutally Battered By Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.