Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children (11976 Views)

Buhari Violates Law On Public Procurement Like Jonathan, Yar’adua- Premium Times / #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki / Buhari Urges Okechukwu Enelamah To Join Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by DONSMITH123(m): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Aisha Buhari, wife of the President, has urged government at all levels in the country to enforce the law on rape in order to protect women and children.

Aisha stated this when she received some staff of the Ministry of Women Affairs, United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, UNICEF, and National Population Commission, led by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Ezekiel Oyemomi, who came to brief her on the plan to launch an action to end violence against children, slated for 15 September.

The President’s wife said it had become necessary for government and international organizations to pursue policies and laws to protect women and children against the act.

“A number of cases on violence against women and children are being reported on daily basis with the most alarming one of those happening in higher institutions of learning. These include sexual harassment and assaults of female students by lecturers as a result of lack of laws and appropriate actions against the perpetrators.

“We are aware of the national law on rape passed this year on May 25 (Prohibition Act 2015) which states imprisonment ranging from 12 to 20 years. I advocate for the enforcement of this law at all levels. Unfortunately, children are the most vulnerable, being exploited at different stages of their lives,’’ she explained.

“It is my hope that with this renewed commitment by agencies, necessary steps will be taken to end violence against women and children particularly where this is rampant,” Aisha noted, adding that “The issue of the violence against children was dear to her heart and would do every possible to salvage the disadvantage situation of children and other vulnerable groups in the society.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/15/aisha-buhari-urges-government-to-enforce-law-on-rape-to-protect-women-children/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by ladyF(f): 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Very good. It's long overdue. But wait o, imprisonment isn't enough. We need to inflict serious bodily harm too....maybe damage their organs, then castration. The rate is becoming increasingly disturbing...

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by NwaNimo1(m): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
She should be campaigning against underage weddings and sex that's rife in the North.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by oluwaSmith1(f): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
Am in support of this. The issue of Rape in Nigeria is becoming alarming.

Death Penalty is what will stop it in this country.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by oluwaSmith1(f): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
NwaNimo1:
she should be campaigning against underage weddings and sex that's rife in the North.

suspect.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by Imortal001: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mama peace must hear this, and learn from her!
Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by Jannie1999(f): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
Rapists should be castrated at least if someone is used as a scapegoat others will learn
Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by Aitee1: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
The best punishment should be cutting off their third leg angry angry angry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by DONSMITH123(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
Aitee1:
The right punishment should be cutting off their third leg angry angry

seriously...thats the best way to stop rape in this country.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by oluwaSmith1(f): 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
By the time one or two people is shown as example, they will stop...mtchew... Ride on jare my Beautiful Lady....I hope Mama Peace will see these with all her fellow widows.

Chai

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by fyneIjay(f): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
She should start from the North where it's okay for Yerima to marry an Underage girl.
What's even wrong with Northerners and Hypocrisy

12 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by fyneIjay(f): 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
By the time one or two people is shown as example, they will stop...mtchew... Ride on jare my Beautiful Lady....I hope Mama Peace will see these with all her fellow widows.
Chai
I guess you are her 'fellow widow'.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by ibadantiti(f): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
I understand her stance because she is a victim of rape too. They should start with Buahari for raping her at age of 9 embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by oluwaSmith1(f): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
fyneIjay:
She should start from the North where it's okay for Yerima to marry an Underage girl.
What's even wrong with Northerners and Hypocrisy

grin grin grin Naija will never accept truth for once. What has northerners got to do with what she says.

My lady are you in support of rape? You are a lady like me and we should condem rape.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by oluwaSmith1(f): 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
fyneIjay:

I guess you are her 'fellow widow'.

they don rape you before na...how you no go get mouth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by DONSMITH123(m): 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
ibadantiti:
I understand her stance because she is a victim of rape too. They should start with Buahari for raping her at age of 9 embarassed

dude, are you guys turning this to politics. I guess she made a valid points.

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
DONSMITH123:

dude, are you guys turning this to politics. I guess she made a valid points.

just forget wailers jor. I guess you will see more of this once it hit Front Pape.

Cc: Lalasticlala help us push am go front page.
Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by fyneIjay(f): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

they don rape you before na...how you no go get mouth.
Ahn ahhh, sorry. E kpele.
I didn't know you were a victim of rape. Chai!!! Ndo. But no be mama peace cause am naw.

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
fyneIjay:

Ahn ahhh, sorry. E kpele.

I didn't know you were a victim of rape. Chai!!! Ndo. But no be mama peace cause am naw.

No bi you they rape that day, you share the story on nairaland?

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by fyneIjay(f): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

grin grin grin Naija will never accept truth for once. What has northerners got to do with what she says.

My lady are you in support of rape? You are a lady like me and we should condem rape.
Yeah, I condemn rape including statutory rape like the one practiced in the Northern part of Nigeria. And which happens to be the major cause of VVF.

8 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by fyneIjay(f): 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

No bi you they rape that day, you share the story on nairaland?
The same to you.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
fyneIjay:

Yeah, I condemn rape including statutory rape like the one practiced in the Northern part of Nigeria. And which happens to be the major cause of VVF.

i dont think so. If you do, you will not come here and be saying things you ought not to have said.

7 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by DONSMITH123(m): 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
fyneIjay:

The same to you.

my lady, how can you two be taking Alabukun for another man's headache?

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by fyneIjay(f): 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

i dont think so. If you do, you will not come here and be saying things you ought not to have said.
So you condemn rape, but applaud what people like Yerima is doing?

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by fyneIjay(f): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
DONSMITH123:

my lady, how can you two be taking Alabukun for another man's headache?
Make I give am rest jarey
Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by tolexy007(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
angry even on pedophiles angry angry sad angry sad angry angry angry sad

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good.....and let's hope that the new law put in place ends this mess.
Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
fyneIjay:

So you condemn rape, but applaud what people like Yerima is doing?

i never did. I was mad at you when you shift blame to the north. Is it only north that issues of rape happened?

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by Bonapart(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
You try for this one madam undecided undecided
Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
not jus a petty law but a severe wan
Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by jeeqaa7(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mama mia
Re: Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
THIS IS HOW A SANE 1ST LADY CONTRIBUTES TO NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNLIKE THE PREVIOUS DISGRACEFUL ILLITERATE CALLED MAMA PISS. WITH THESE MOVE, ALL THOSE IGBO MEN THAT ARE FOND OF DEFILING AND RAPING THEIR CHILDREN WILL ALL END UP IN JAIL BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THE SOUTH EAST IS THE HOME OF PEDOPHILES IN NIGERIA undecided

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Elections: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work In Nigeria – Datti Baba-Ahmed / Oshiomhole Threatens To Withdraw Bedc’s C Of O In Edo / Tinubu: I Have No Rift With Buhari, What You Have Been Reading Is Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.