Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) (90280 Views)

Pastor Adeboye’s $65m Private Jet Parked In Oyedepo’s Hangar In Lagos (Photo) / Prosperity Heretic Kenneth Copeland Buys Gulfstream V Private Jet, Demands $17 M / TB Joshua Purchases $60Million Gulfstream-G550-Jet - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Kay17: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2015
At least the church gives the poor masses some sort of psychological relief from the harshness of their reality. Such service is priceless. They have the hope regardless of how counterintuitive it is.

Otherwise the poor would have revolted and eaten up the rich and political elite. Note that the Bible is against the spirit of rebellion and revolt.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by brocab: 9:41am On Nov 08, 2015
Firstly I am not trying so hard to believe that paying tithes is wrong, the word say's its wrong.
Quote> Please try not to mis-Quote me Mr. Don't you like hearing the truth?

Jesus change the law' not only did He change them he fulfilled them-some He shut down completely-and the tithing system was one of them-it didn't work back then, and it still aren't working today, not the way God had plan it to work anyway.
As we can see in today's day and age things have changed and as Jesus had written it, wolves in sheep clothing will rise up and deceive many. Satan had led his warriors into battle having decided to take over the food industries-raising the prices on fuel-power and on all living expenses, schools-etc...taking God's plan out of the picture-twisting and turning, giving his authority over to men.
Jesus said it is easier for a camel to enter through an eye of a needle' then for a rich man to enter into heaven.

Prove me wrong?
Matthew 23:13-23 But woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees hypocrites! For you pay tithe of Mint {herb} and anise and cumin {herbs} and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: Justice and mercy and faith. These things you ought have done, without leaving the others undone.
So we see, the Pharisees weren't following the rules-they believed in the tithing system, professing to know God with there lips-but their hearts were far from Him.
A Pharisee lifting his head up high and prayed>I thank God, I am not like one of these' a tax collector, the tax collector stood behind him with his head down beating his chest-forgive me God for I am a tax collector.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everybody who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.
You have chosen to follow after that very same law, at least you should obey the rest of these laws. It's pointless picking just one law out of 613 to obey.
In Matthew 23>Jesus had put His point across about the Pharisees, if they were blessed by God-then Jesus wouldn't have any bad word to say against them. The problem was-God wasn't blessing them-their blessings came from each other.
HE'S NOT BLESSING YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO OBEY THE LAW ON TITHING, WE ARE BLESSED-BECAUSE WE HAVE CHOSEN TO FOLLOW AFTER CHRIST OBEYING HIS COMMANDMENT TO FREELY GIVE. TITHING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
The money making tithing system has nothing to do with God, building mega Churches homes and flying around in private jets isn't God's plan for wealth-you suckers have already started to build your kingdoms here on planet earth-Satan made it clear-he offered Jesus everything, all the riches any man would want-but Jesus turned him down. Jesus had chosen to live poor-with the poor, He said foxes have holes, birds have nest, but I have no place to rest My head.
Jesus said My sheep follow Me-My sheep know My voice-meaning to say-seek first the kingdom of God and all things shall be added to you. He already knows what we need before we ask Him. I think this sums it up..Don't you?
ceecee0703:

You are trying so hard to convince yourself that paying tithe is wrong but the truth is its you choice your money your live and Gods blessing.

Please try not to mis-quote me Mr,i said Jesus didn't change tithing because it was great the way it was instead he said if you bring anything in the altar and you have hurt against your brother then go back to reconcile meaning in the new dispensation of grace tithing and whatever form of offering should be hinged on grace.

Mal 3:6-10....For i am the lord i CHANGE not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not confused.
Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from ordinance,and have not kept them, Return unto me and i will return unto you, saith the Lord of host. But ye said wherein shall we return unto?

Will a man rob God? yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In TITHES and OFFERINGS

YE say cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me even this whole nation.

Bring ye all the tithes into the store house, that they may be meat in my house, and PROVE(try me) me now herewith saith the Lord of host. If i will not open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing , THAT THEY SHALL NOT BE ROOM ENOUGH TO RECEIVE IT.

And i shall rebuke the devourer for your sakes and he shall rebuke not destroy the fruits of your ground (your source of increase for those that are not farmers in todays context) neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field(have u wondered why when co-workers are sacked with all their connections little me is promoted instead) said the Lord of host.

Mr cab or whatever your name is i swim in the blessedness of tithing. I swim in the blessedness of giving, am an addict to tithing i can't stop and i will never ever stop until God stops blessing me via tithing. since he can't i won't. Take ur ideology to someone u can beguile.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by brocab: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2015
No-ones bitching brother-the lord had open the doors for us to share the good news with the lost brothers and sisters who are still lost and confused between the two words' tithing and giving.
JimiCoker:
Everybody stop bitching and moaning, let's face reality. Some people have never and will never participate in voting exercises, yet they are mandated to pay taxes, even though they can't see how their money is being used. People will always be brainwashed into believing giving their money to pastors will somehow bring them riches. In fact, the poorer you are, the more attractive this offer seems. So for those of us that are free from manipulation, let's just thank God for opening our eyes and pray he opens the eyes of the teeming poor church members, before they invest their childrens futures in fueling their pastors jets.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
brocab:
No-ones bitching brother-the lord had open the doors for us to share the good news with the lost brothers and sisters who are still lost and confused between the two words' tithing and giving.
10 percent of our income belongs to God, not pastor. I would prefer if a committee could be set up to determine how tithes are spent. People say don't worry about how your tithe is used, just play your own part, God will bless you. That's nonsense. You see a way through which the needy could be fed, educated and catered for, yet you look away because pastor has other plans for the money?? Jesus never opened any church, he went about 'doing good' and 'preaching the gospel', not raking millions from his followers. Instead of frantically opening new branches and putting his members under tremendous strain, why not do more of evangelism? Hope you know missionaries are often left to their fates when they get to the field. Why not buy food for the hungry, open free primary/secondary schools in rural areas, provide capital and business ideas for the unemployed youth, instead of buying multi-million dollar jets to cruise in style. Who is fooling who? How many horses did Jesus and his disciples have? Is it because they could'nt afford to buy them? Many followers feel bitter about the way they're coerced to spend their money, but they keep doing it because they believe they'll miss that blessing that is just around the corner or they're too scared to go against pastor's order.
Just in case you don't get the picture, 64 million dollars in naira is twelve billion, seven hundred and forty-eight million, eight hundred thousand naira. Nigeria's population is about 173.6 million. Try to wrap your head around that.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by brocab: 11:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
Someday the lord will show our confused brothers and sisters the true meaning where our blessings actually come from.
As we can see in this day and age-Churches are creating business, supporting a large committee of thief's working together without the blessing's of God-using the tithing system as a tool for easy access-people need to understand-tithes aren't used to support the sick-or feed the hungry.
Pastors are now designed to use the word of God by twisting and turning the scriptures-knowing that the people in Church are not prepared to even dare to question any authority that had been handed down from the head Church of Satan.
From our beloved God-the tithing system was designed only to support the needy-back then the Pharisees had other idea's and changed what God had created-and made the tithing system away to collect their wages from men.
It's the offerings that pay's the bills, supports the sick, feeds the poor, It's the offerings we hear little about that shows great signs and wonders amongst us all.
JimiCoker:

10 percent of our income belongs to God, not pastor. I would prefer if a committee could be set up to determine how tithes are spent. People say don't worry about how your tithe is used, just play your own part, God will bless you. That's nonsense. You see a way through which the needy could be fed, educated and catered for, yet you look away because pastor has other plans for the money?? Jesus never opened any church, he went about 'doing good' and 'preaching the gospel', not raking millions from his followers. Instead of frantically opening new branches and putting his members under tremendous strain, why not do more of evangelism? Hope you know missionaries are often left to their fates when they get to the field. Why not buy food for the hungry, open free primary/secondary schools in rural areas, provide capital and business ideas for the unemployed youth, instead of buying multi-million dollar jets to cruise in style. Who is fooling who? How many horses did Jesus and his disciples have? Is it because they could'nt afford to buy them? Many followers feel bitter about the way they're coerced to spend their money, but they keep doing it because they believe they'll miss that blessing that is just around the corner or they're too scared to go against pastor's order.
Just in case you don't get the picture, 64 million dollars in naira is twelve billion, seven hundred and forty-eight million, eight hundred thousand naira. Nigeria's population is about 173.6 million. Try to wrap your head around that.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Baatunde(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
Indeed you are far "reacher"
NwaliE01:

we the Winners family are not complaining.
People hate it when others are far reacher than they are and that is why many are so engrossed in poverty. I mean no insult please!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by anonimi: 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Cult of Black Hebrew Israelites / Mummy G.O Fabrics Now On Sale / Winners Chapel Hidden Satanic Signs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.