Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) (90285 Views)

Pastor Adeboye’s $65m Private Jet Parked In Oyedepo’s Hangar In Lagos (Photo) / Prosperity Heretic Kenneth Copeland Buys Gulfstream V Private Jet, Demands $17 M / TB Joshua Purchases $60Million Gulfstream-G550-Jet - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by ceecee0703(m): 7:31am On Sep 16, 2015
Danielstainz:
The power of tithes and offering yet their members can't afford their schools.

sir who said the members cant afford the school...ppl that want to Go go the school those that cant afford it go thru scholarship but a church of over 100,000 in lagos alone and can only take in less than 1500 students per academic year so that we cant have over 30 persons in a class as seen in govt uni's where over 200 persons share a class......so the schl is great one of the best in africa....u can apply for scholarship its on now ...thank you
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by qualityovenbake(m): 7:38am On Sep 16, 2015
og2711:

Stop talking rubbish. $200,000 per person?! Don't tell lies because you want to prove a point. Ignorance kills.

Go to airport and ask instead. Charters cost between $3,200 to $7,000 PER HOUR for the ENTIRE plane. They will not make that money back in 10 years, especially under PMB.

Customers can buy a block of up to 25hrs flight time that can be used over a 24 months period
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by omenka(m): 9:20am On Sep 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
gerrarahia mehn. Stupid moslem that won't focus on the atrocities being perpetrated by Islam.

#Isi Ikwe, I hate you.
First, I'm not a Muslim. Secondly, even if I were, I wouldn't give a fly's cvnt your opinion about me. Thirdly, you are no more Christian than the Devil himself- hating someone for no just reason. Fourthly, go to hell in 666 different ways.

And lastly, screw the Devil when you get there, and conceive of demons like yourself.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Larryjay4u: 10:05am On Sep 16, 2015
juliusocean:

I will get closer by myself make una let me sleep on Sunday na God I use beg una

I am sure u dont sleep all day. 5 minuntes of your time wont kill u
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Mimee803: 10:09am On Sep 16, 2015
So all redeemed members can afford d skol fees u r so stuck up! Nd if d school can't take more pple on scholarships hello! He cld hv built anoda 1 in recog of d fact dat we ddont hv nearly enuf schools or upgraded d current 2 be able 2 accept more students!
ceecee0703:

sir who said the members cant afford the school...ppl that want to Go go the school those that cant afford it go thru scholarship but a church of over 100,000 in lagos alone and can only take in less than 1500 students per academic year so that we cant have over 30 persons in a class as seen in govt uni's where over 200 persons share a class......so the schl is great one of the best in africa....u can apply for scholarship its on now ...thank you
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by ceecee0703(m): 10:27am On Sep 16, 2015
Mimee803:
So all redeemed members can afford d skol fees u r so stuck up! Nd if d school can't take more pple on scholarships hello! He cld hv built anoda 1 in recog of d fact dat we ddont hv nearly enuf schools or upgraded d current 2 be able 2 accept more students!

actually i wasnt talking abt RCCG i was actually talking of winners and frendy u knw no matter hw u bring good things it wont benefit everybody.....in a church u hav the rich and the poor...if u establish a great schl that is world standard in all regards and ask only the less privilege to attend it wont be fair to the rich so its simple the reach pay for the 60% of slots available while the less privileged ppl can come in thru scholarships....its simple enof dont u think.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Bimpe29: 11:16am On Sep 16, 2015
You can imagine the famous man of God?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by litaninja(m): 11:24am On Sep 16, 2015
Don't worry, on sunday, people will still head out to contribute more to his "trust" fund...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
minifuworld:
this is what Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” matthew 19 v 23-24
tell that to David
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
What is not true in the Story? The Guy is selling Heaven to his Myopic followers while he busy buying the Earth. Open your eyes Man. angry

dougivilla:
I think the people that decided to support and back their ''men of God'' are not as ''foolish'' as the ones that choose to believe everything they read in the media; especially when it is from sahara reporters.

The believers in unverified stories; stories that give them an opportunity to vent all their frustrations in live on the ''men of God'' are the real fools; deaf, dumb and blind.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by christemmbassey(m): 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
Trailblazer1:
halleluyah!!!!

Dear God,
Please bless me too,
so that my story could also make Nairaland front page.
so i can also read Nairalanders comments, both those hating and those celebrating with me and smile.

"The wealth of the hidden are laid up for the righteous"

i go soon take what belongs to me from Dangote grin
the wealth of the 'hidden?? Wetin pesin no go see/hia for Nl!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by minifuworld: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
KingsleyTMTTM:
tell that to David
its jesus christ that said it not me
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Mimee803: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
Wow! Wat a mean thing 2 think or say!wat is welfare it's bridging d bridge btw dos u call d 'rich nd d poor' do u realise dat society building requires dat d 'poor' iis given a beta chance dan d rich? Do u knw wat kind of gud deed makes a difference it's d kind dat doesn't hold bad or make class divisions?Nd wat do u mean by 'it won't be fair 2 d rich' I'm actually very sad bt I knw wat u hv said here is actually hw most pple reason it's nt hard 2 see y nig won't move 4wd wat makes u think u r beta dan dos u refer 2 as poor...anyway 2 each his own let God be d judge of d affairs of men!
ceecee0703:

actually i wasnt talking abt RCCG i was actually talking of winners and frendy u knw no matter hw u bring good things it wont benefit everybody.....in a church u hav the rich and the poor...if u establish a great schl that is world standard in all regards and ask only the less privilege to attend it wont be fair to the rich so its simple the reach pay for the 60% of slots available while the less privileged ppl can come in thru scholarships....its simple enof dont u think.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by OLADIMEJIFISAYO(m): 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
juliusocean:
Hmmmm what kind of thing is this in this hard time pastors still acquiring jets .....if I keep my moni sit down 4 my house on Sunday Jehovah witness no go still let me rest ....imagine angry

Please don't be amazed or critize their level of prosperity,have u eva heard about the concept of heaven on earth? Incase u don't let me explain to u : heaven is a place where God lives and as a christain we believe that God is everywhere both in the heaven and earth and as such a christain that believes in God can start enjoying the goodies embedded in heaven right from the earth,it is just by following basic principles of prosperity,cos that is what they did.Our God is not a poor and we as his children must not be poor .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by ceecee0703(m): 7:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
Mimee803:
Wow! Wat a mean thing 2 think or say!wat is welfare it's bridging d bridge btw dos u call d 'rich nd d poor' do u realise dat society building requires dat d 'poor' iis given a beta chance dan d rich? Do u knw wat kind of gud deed makes a difference it's d kind dat doesn't hold bad or make class divisions?Nd wat do u mean by 'it won't be fair 2 d rich' I'm actually very sad bt I knw wat u hv said here is actually hw most pple reason it's nt hard 2 see y nig won't move 4wd wat makes u think u r beta dan dos u refer 2 as poor...anyway 2 each his own let God be d judge of d affairs of men!

my dear poverty in a psychological aspect is a state of mind, in finance its lack of money. the bible said "the poor will always be seen amongst you" so be anybody poor or rich the church is to help everybody.
the church is neither for the poor nor rich but for everyone. so if u are rich and you see a good schl wont you want to enroll you child? so for the ppl who are not wealthy scholarships are given so they can attend the same school that the wealthy attend too.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by brocab: 7:30am On Sep 17, 2015
You are right> I am a Christian-and men and women such as these hind behind Christianity.
Wolves in sheep clothing, preaching the word of God, having there thoughts full of $$$ and counting.
This gives true Christians a bad name.
That money could have been used for better purposes, as the Lord say's 'feed the hungry, cloth the needy. tend to My sheep.

But the pastor's have other idea's by reasoning amongst themselves and said: lets feed the rich, support the richer, lets disobey God, let's build mega homes and build mega Churches-lets get off the narrow road and build better and wider roads away from the Lord.
anonimi:

How can you call a person who SCAMS his fellow citizens of over N20 billion import duty waivers a man of God.
He is no different from Anini and Oyenusi. Instead of carrying a gun he is carrying a bible.

You know how many schools, clinics, tap water, roads etc our government could have provided and also the EMPLOYMENT from such facilities and their maintenance if your god of men did not STEAL the money from us?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2239496_2118967img2015020711260_jpeg3d7e1c5f623d3b4860033fec372a0f84
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by brocab: 7:38am On Sep 17, 2015
Once upon a time a Church fitted this description, that seems so long ago. I can remember the good old day's when I was hungry-the Church would feed me. But that all changed.
I am a Christian>tell them the truth-dishonesty isn't the answer.
To be honest I haven't seen any Church operate in this day and age' the way you have discipled it to be.

Churches that operated all over the globe are ever more working besides the government systems, that pay for their schoolings and other means to support the needy.
The rest is pocketed, on the people expenses, buying mega homes, building mega Churches, cars, jets and other-enjoying the high life, while living the highways, these are wolves in sheep clothing the Lord had warned us about.

Most Churches had left the Lord's people behind, selling their soul's to the devil, that each have decided to twist and turn the word of God so the head of the Church can and will live of your weekly profits.
1 Timothy 6:3 " men of corrupted minds destitute of the truth, because they think that Godliness is the means of finical Gain.
From such withdraw yourselves.

These are the so called Christians that gives us true Christians a bad name.
ceecee0703:

my dear poverty in a psychological aspect is a state of mind, in finance its lack of money. the bible said "the poor will always be seen amongst you" so be anybody poor or rich the church is to help everybody.
the church is neither for the poor nor rich but for everyone. so if u are rich and you see a good schl wont you want to enroll you child? so for the ppl who are not wealthy scholarships are given so they can attend the same school that the wealthy attend too.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by ceecee0703(m): 8:21am On Sep 17, 2015
brocab:
Once upon a time a Church fitted this description, that seems so long ago. I can remember the good old day's when I was hungry-the Church would feed me. But that all changed.
I am a Christian>tell them the truth-dishonesty isn't the answer.
To be honest I haven't seen any Church operate in this day and age' the way you have discipled it to be.

The pastors have turned from God's ways, building mega homes, Churches-driving expensive cars, buying jets, and living the high life, living the highways, these are wolves in sheep clothing the Lord had warned us about.
Most Churches had left the Lord's people behind, selling their soul's to the devil, that each have decided to twist and turn the word of God so the head of the Church can and will live of the profits.
1 Timothy 6:3 " men of corrupted minds destitute of the truth, because they think that Godliness is the means of finical Gain.
From such withdraw yourselves.

Thats your theory...bro.
the fact is what is ur reason for going to church if that reason is served then u can leave the judgement for God to serve. As for Muah the church was where i was forged, built and constantly remodeled. I dont gun for gains frm them i jus look for what to give and God hasnt left me without numerous blessings. Thats why i defend the church the way i can cos God has been blessing me and my family thru those men.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by brocab: 8:52am On Sep 17, 2015
1 Timothy 5:20 "Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest may fear.
Open your eye's bro, its not my theory, it the world's theory, this is the world that these Churches have chosen to follow.
And all I am doing is rebuking the lies, in front of you and those who have chosen to agree. God blesses us all.
What's the name of your Church?
ceecee0703:

Thats your theory...bro.
the fact is what is ur reason for going to church if that reason is served then u can leave the judgement for God to serve. As for Muah the church was where i was forged, built and constantly remodeled. I dont gun for gains frm them i jus look for what to give and God hasnt left me without numerous blessings. Thats why i defend the church the way i can cos God has been blessing me and my family thru those men.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by ceecee0703(m): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2015
brocab:
1 Timothy 5:20 "Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest may fear.
Open your eye's bro, its not my theory, it the world's theory, this is the world that these Churches have chosen to follow.
And all I am doing is rebuking the lies, in front of you and those who have chosen to agree.
What's the name of your Church?

I am proudly a Living Faith member.
I dont really care who u rebuke friend but what God has used these men to make me achieve out way any ill. even if they own all the shipping lines as far as God keeps enlarging my coast thru them i dont really care.
note: am not in their payroll but am blessed thru them
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by brocab: 9:06am On Sep 17, 2015
I have never heard of living faith-what organisation are they from?
You seem to put all your faith into men more then God-you need to remember without God these men are nothing-if they own the shipping yard, then its you and the rest of the sitters in Church who paid for it.
You should care where you are receiving your blessings-you may feel you are blessed thru men, but I assure you, God blesses me.
ceecee0703:

I am proudly a Living Faith member.
I dont really care who u rebuke friend but what God has used these men to make me achieve out way any ill. even if they own all the shipping lines as far as God keeps enlarging my coast thru them i dont really care.
note: am not in their payroll but am blessed thru them
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2015
qualityovenbake:
Customers can buy a block of up to 25hrs flight time that can be used over a 24 months period

And how does that equate to $200,000 per person?

Even at $7,000, 25hrs costs $175,000. In case you don't know, 25hrs is almost the time it takes to go to the US and back.

Please don't bother replying..
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by shotster50(m): 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
Nigerian Pastors have redefined white collar fraud.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Heavenly102: 4:42am On Sep 18, 2015
as long as the members are happy for their MOGs buying jets tz ok, for me though, when it comes to giving; soulwinning is all I care about, I wouldn't want my contribution to go to jets.

But how can the guy not buy the jets when the members are cheerleading.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by waapy: 11:55am On Sep 23, 2015
I don't know how some of you read the Bible that you have problems with true Men of God being rich. Have you forgotten how rich the likes of Abraham, David, Solomon, Job were? God says "if you serve me well, I will bless you..."
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by brocab: 1:00am On Sep 24, 2015
The bible don't read that the prosperity preachers, pastor's, priest can rip us off, God had already blessed us all who believe-Abraham David and Solomon, were rich in the word of God.
And as we all know-it's God's wisdom that turns His riches into wealth, and the wealth in those day's were lands, crops, first-fruits, stocks, merchandise, and keeping His Commandments, this is what made Abraham David and Solomon rich.
Today we search the scriptures, as it was with Abraham David and Solomon, we are blessed equally in word and in truth, I am rich in wisdom and knowledge and in word, I don't go hungry, the Lord feeds me-I am not living on the street, the Lord shelters me, I own my own vehicles, the Lord made away for me to reach my destinies, I work, and I bless others and the lord finances me.

Your own words it seems you have your wires crossed, Jesus said> first seek the kingdom of God and all things shall be added to you, Abraham David and Solomon listened and obeyed by seeking His kingdom {FIRST} and believed all things shall be added to them-meaning, it's the word that has the riches. Not the money {Mammon}
waapy:
I don't know how some of you read the Bible that you have problems with true Men of God being rich. Have you forgotten how rich the likes of Abraham, David, Solomon, Job were? God says "if you serve me well, I will bless you..."
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by stilljigga: 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2015
Baboo13:

Lol Mr jigga, I get you but I've extracted the main points from your write up;

1) That more than half of the members of the church can't afford school fees

2)That they can instead help with tuition of poor people in federal schools

3) That the missionaries set up schools in Nigeria for free

Let me now analyse your points

Putting points 1 and 2 together, the question should be why do we set up schools? Is it only for the church or for the nation at large?. If we set up these universities only considering church members, then only Winners members should be in CU and only redeemed members should be in reedeemers and we can't have winners members go to redeemers and vice versa.
Remember that years back, we had issues in getting admission into govt universities even when you passed Jamb?, these private universities has help to lower the pressure of getting admission. We have graduates yearly from private schools. Let us not restrict our scope the church members but the NATION in general

As for missionaries setting up schools, remember that you can't compare the population we had in the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s and so on to the current population now thus it was easier. Mind your University of Ibadan was the FIRST UNIVERSITY created in Nigeria in 1948 so what the Missionaries set up were ELEMENTARY schools, so that's knocks off your point.

When it comes to helping poor people, let's ask ourselves as individuals; How many individuals on our own( not relatives) have we taken responsibility to support their education?. The church is helping to solve a problem one side, what are we individuals doing on our part? Don't let this things be a church thing, church thing always..

Harvard is the best and many other top unis around the world are owned by PRIVATE individuals coming together, but is it CHEAP? No

Jesus said in John 12 v 8, 'For the poor you have with you always...' So even if the church use all tithes and offerings to support the poor. We will still have them and people will continue to talk

In summary, university education is not cheap, let's look at the nation at large

my brother believe it or not we only have commercial churches in Nigeria. u made no points in all your grammar. how can a church waste it's members money to help d country? how can a church build schools where majority of its members cannot pay the school fees ? is a church not suppose to be helping it's members before helping d country. if Jesus Christ has a church will he do like Pastor Adeboye and Oyedepo opening Universities where majority of his members cannot afford? why did Jesus feed thousands with 5 loaves of bread n 2 fishes ? Stop deceiving yourself all these pastors are commercial pastors. how can a church be spending at least N121 million annually to maintain a private jet. what type of gospel are they preaching
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by Baboo13(m): 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2015
stilljigga:

my brother believe it or not we only have commercial churches in Nigeria. u made no points in all your grammar. how can a church waste it's members money to help d country? how can a church build schools where majority of its members cannot pay the school fees ? is a church not suppose to be helping it's members before helping d country. if Jesus Christ has a church will he do like Pastor Adeboye and Oyedepo opening Universities where majority of his members cannot afford? why did Jesus feed thousands with 5 loaves of bread n 2 fishes ? Stop deceiving yourself all these pastors are commercial pastors. how can a church be spending at least N121 million annually to maintain a private jet. what type of gospel are they preaching

www.nairaland.com/2672478/augustine-university-first-catholic-university/1#39091388

Read and see one of the missionaries you were talking about
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by ebukaOtika(m): 9:57am On Oct 18, 2015
softvio:

f*ck your theology, he's not serving money!. What would you say about the riches of solomon?....

SOLOMON was a King o jareee ,,,abi se oti gbagbe ni ?? Ha ogaa ooo
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by orisa37: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2015
May God be The Chariot of Heaven to lift Adeboye up at the right time! IJN AMEN!!!! And May PYO God has given us through him be always relevant to God and remain blessed by the Prayers of our Lord in St. John Gospel Chapter 17. AMEN!!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by ebukaOtika(m): 10:03am On Oct 18, 2015
Rexyl:

You can't come up with a claim without proof! Hope you have the record of damage and destruction he has done to his people, Nigeria and others outside the country

As a learner I need the proofs of his evil so that I could be helped.

So

You

Don

See

As

e

Dey

Pain

Abi ?

Deal with it abed,,,,or get used to it shikena
Re: Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) by ebukaOtika(m): 10:11am On Oct 18, 2015
Ninilowo:
Thru Jesus Christ our Lord........... Amen........ Amen........ Amen.

Allamusukalibasaki.......Amen............Amen............Amen.

Per Christum Dominum nostrum........... Amen......Amen......

FELA my G.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Cult of Black Hebrew Israelites / Mummy G.O Fabrics Now On Sale / Winners Chapel Hidden Satanic Signs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.