Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552349 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lens101: 12:30am On Nov 29, 2021
CuteTj:
@ Ririmomeh114

Ask me any question on this thread and i'll be glad to answer you.

How long does it takes to have a PR in Norway ?
Can an applicant for MSC go with his or her spouse ? Like Uk ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lens101:

How long does it takes to have a PR in Norway ?
Can an applicant for MSC go with his or her spouse ? Like Uk ?
3 years to get PR. Unfortunately, the time used schooling will not count. Those who go on a student visa and want to get a PR, have to finish their studies, secure a job and then change to a work permit. Their three years starts counting from that point.

A student can't travel with their partner or family members like UK. He/she will have to join later. Those applying for family immigration cannot even be in Norway while Norwegian Immigration is processing their application.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Cherryberry456(f): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
CuteTj:

3 years to get PR. Unfortunately, the time used schooling will not count. Those who go on a student visa and want to get a PR, have to finish their studies, secure a job and then change to a work permit. Their three years starts counting from that point.

A student can't travel with their partner or family members like UK. He/she will have to join later. Those applying for family immigration cannot even be in Norway while Norwegian Immigration is processing their application.
The part you said you can't apply together with your spouse is false. You can apply together with your spouse when applying for student visa. Just that your spouse will have to also show proof of funds and it is the same amount you are required to send to your school. Going first and then applying later for your spouse will take about 6month while still studying
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Cherryberry456:

The part you said you can't apply together with your spouse is false. You can apply together with your spouse when applying for student visa. Just that your spouse will have to also show proof of funds and it is the same amount you are required to send to your school. Going first and then applying later for your spouse will take about 6month while still studying
Go back and reread my comment you quoted but slowly this time and point out exactly the part you claim I gave false information.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Beolly(m): 11:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
CuteTj:

Go back and reread my comment you quoted but slowly this time and point out exactly the part you claim I gave false information.
Bros abeg, are students allowed to take up Permanent residence upon completion of Study? this is the only thing important to me and what opportunities are available to them in Norway. I'm sure getting a job shouldn't be much of a problem.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
@ Beolly

CuteTj:

3 years to get PR. Unfortunately, the time used schooling will not count. Those who go on a student visa and want to get a PR, have to finish their studies, secure a job in their field of study and then change to a work permit. Their three years starts counting from that point.

Getting a job shouldn't be a problem but there are going to be challenges (e.g. Not bearing a Norwegian name, poor or no Norwegian language skills). The ability to read /write and speak the language should make it easier to secure a job. Not possessing Norwegian language skills shouldn't be a problem for those in the IT and Hospitality sectors.

As I speak, the job market in Norway has a lot of job vacancies as pre-pandemic levels after serious job losses caused by the corona lockdown and entry restrictions.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
CuteTj:
@ Beolly

Getting a job shouldn't be a problem but there are going to be challenges (e.g. Not bearing a Norwegian name, poor or no Norwegian language skills). The ability to read /write and speak the language should make it easier to secure a job. Not possessing Norwegian language skills shouldn't be a problem for those in the IT and Hospitality sectors.

As I speak, the job market in Norway has a lot of job vacancies as pre-pandemic levels after serious job losses caused by the corona lockdown and entry restrictions.
How much can a masters student be earning while studying in Norway...LLM to be more precise
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2021
Omini247:
How much can a masters student be earning while studying in Norway...LLM to be more precise
Students are only allowed to work for only 20 hours a week and not a minute more. LLM or no LLM, you will most likely end up doing non formal jobs e.g cleaner, bartender, washer, kitchen assistant, deliveries e.t.c

My wife is a student in Stavanger and she got a job offer as a cleaner in Scandic Hotel. The work contract stated she was going to be paid 185.15 nok per hour ($20.35 as per today's exchange rate on google but I remember vividly it was $23 on that particular day she got the offer). Eventually, the job offer was withdrawn as they needed people on full time basis but my wife wanted part time.

What a student would earn will depend on the sector.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 9:45am On Dec 03, 2021
CuteTj:

Students are only allowed to work for only 20 hours a week and not a minute more. LLM or no LLM, you will most likely end up doing non formal jobs e.g cleaner, bartender, washer, kitchen assistant, deliveries e.t.c

My wife is a student in Stavanger and she got a job offer as a cleaner in Scandic Hotel. The work contract stated she was going to be paid 185.15 nok per hour ($20.35 as per today's exchange rate on google but I remember vividly it was $23 on that particular day she got the offer). Eventually, the job offer was withdrawn as they needed people on full time basis but my wife wanted part time.

around how much will i be needing to prove my funding for an msc program and how many years is it in Norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lolaog: 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please which schools in Norway don't require proof of funds documents
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Cherryberry456(f): 6:53am On Dec 04, 2021
Lolaog:
Please which schools in Norway don't require proof of funds documents
Nord University
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Beolly(m): 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2021
CuteTj:

f*ck 185 Nok($20/hr). Make sense.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Beolly:

f*ck 185 Nok($20/hr). Make sense.
That's a lot of Money Chap.
Norway pays heavily, that's one thing for sure.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omini247:
around how much will i be needing to prove my funding for an msc program and how many years is it in Norway
7million thats should be okay.
And 2yrs for Msc programmes.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Rocice(m): 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
Hi
I've currently applied for a admission at Bergen
But I received a message today that I've to upload/submit my POF
My question is that
If I create the block account do I have to deposit the money here first?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by uchechukwu007(m): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2021
Quick question. I want to use my guy as a sponsor...he is a Yoruba guy and I Igbo. The guy only senior me with a year....I wanted to state he is my uncle. School requires his date of birth must be placed in sponsorship letter. Don’t know how to go about it? Any advice....urgent answers please.

Can a friend fly as a sponsor?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ricci22: 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
Pls I'm in Nigeria and want to move to Norway through visiting visa to any schengen country. What's ur advise pls cus I have a friend who's from Norway but he insist I must find my way to norway and then he can help with accommodation and job
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 11:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ricci22:
Pls I'm in Nigeria and want to move to Norway through visiting visa to any schengen country. What's ur advise pls cus I have a friend who's from Norway but he insist I must find my way to norway and then he can help with accommodation and job
Student visa,
That's the only major way Chap
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ricci22: 11:42am On Dec 10, 2021
can one easily find a casual job in Athens Greece without work permit
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ricci22: 11:46am On Dec 10, 2021
How do you get a temporary work permit in Greece before your visiting visa expires
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Alphaman007: 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
Ricci22:
Can I get a job as an illegal immigrant
why in the world do you want to become an illegal immigrant?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
uchechukwu007:
Quick question. I want to use my guy as a sponsor...he is a Yoruba guy and I Igbo. The guy only senior me with a year....I wanted to state he is my uncle. School requires his date of birth must be placed in sponsorship letter. Don’t know how to go about it? Any advice....urgent answers please.

Can a friend fly as a sponsor?
Its not a problem. Anyone can act as your sponsor.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 5:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
Ricci22:
Can I get a job as an illegal immigrant
You will become useless to their country and to yourself as an illegal immigrant. Its not like America that you can pretty much make it as an illegal immigrant.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Youngpeep(m): 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
When will Norway start 2022 admission process
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Beolly(m): 7:53am On Dec 12, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm just about to apply due to finance issue Although most schools have completed their registration but I found out that University of Stavanger registration is still on . Please who knows which other Norwegian school is still accepting applications at this time. I will appreciate any useful information from you guys thank you very much.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by uchechukwu007(m): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
Please guys! I need as much help as possible with the question. I notice in all Norwegian schools that they have a slot space of 10-15 for international students. Please is it that bad? Do they admit that low and also, is there a way to find out the particular number of people applying to a course for a academic year? Also how can I check to see how many student they admitted like last year.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 2:40am On Dec 13, 2021
uchechukwu007:
Please guys! I need as much help as possible with the question. I notice in all Norwegian schools that they have a slot space of 10-15 for international students. Please is it that bad? Do they admit that low and also, is there a way to find out the particular number of people applying to a course for a academic year? Also how can I check to see how many student they admitted like last year.
And where do you get such information on the slot space huh.
Show proof ok
Also the universities precisely...........
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 2:43am On Dec 13, 2021
uchechukwu007:
Ostfold university, but sorry it's not applicable for international students
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by YoshihideSuga: 8:25am On Dec 13, 2021
uchechukwu007:

https://dbh.nsd.uib.no/
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by uchechukwu007(m): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Spider20:
And where do you get such information on the slot space huh.
Show proof ok
Also the universities precisely...........
go check university of stavenger...individual courses
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bimminglights: 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
uchechukwu007:
go check university of stavenger...individual courses
Please did you apply to Uinverssity of Stavanger?
If yes please how do I get my statement of enrollment form to be approved by my school’s registrar

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.