Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551952 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DareAkande: 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
@StarFlux and @Inxyz need your advice on choice of schools. Due to competition, I am trying to know my chances of getting admitted into the master's degree program in technology and safety in the high north at the university of tromso. I graduated with a 3.60 in electrical engineering.

Thank you and keep it up
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amii131(f): 3:35am On Sep 10, 2014
@starflux and inyzx tanks so much I appreciate.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by nnjohnson: 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
My people. make una understand nothing good comes easy. Don't expect that u will come to Norway and easily pick up jobs. there is economic meltdown in Europe and dey r migrating to Norway to pick up these blue collar jobs.

-For you to have more chances and get these jobs, u must sabi Norwegian language small which is not easy to learn.

-Racism is everywhere including America with highest number of blacks. the issue with Norwegians is that dey don't talk to strangers. they mind der biz unless u have any biz to do with dem. so its a lonely world out here!

If u are coming to Norway have in mind that life is not easy and its still survival of the fittest.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good evening I am about to apply for Msc economics in tromso university and Norwegian university of life sciences. I have gone through all the requirements and I think I meet them all I just need to ask if anyone knows about the second school and I have been reading that cost of living is quite high in Norway I just need a brief estimate of how expensive living there might be. Thank you smiley
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amii131(f): 8:26am On Sep 13, 2014
@starflux and@ inyzx plx i have another question o i want to apply for 2 Courses i love much in health field bt is been offered by 1 school uniberg precisely would that be a risk applying to these various department in the same school?

2. Again applying to different schools in Norway could that be a barrier to my admissions in Norway. Thanks in regards
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
amii131: @starflux and@ inyzx plx i have another question o i want to apply for 2 Courses i love much in health field bt is been offered by 1 school uniberg precisely would that be a risk applying to these various department in the same school?

2. Again applying to different schools in Norway could that be a barrier to my admissions in Norway. Thanks in regards

Amiii, its not a problem but I think it good to spread your tentacles by applying to another school as well just for back up sake.

For Q1, I applied to NTNU and UiS and both gave me admission so don't worry much because I think it cannot be a barrier
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rafcrown(m): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
I am seriously learning the language to enable me work and settle in Stavanger or Bergen.Any advise from the people living in these areas will be well appreciated.Wish to be visiting Stavanger till I get a job offer.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Obiwannn: 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
StarFlux: I'm actually not entirely sure.

I believe once you have been granted the residence permit (after transfering the funds), you can do with the money as you please. But you should at least get into the country first.

Hi @StarFlux and @Inxyz and everyone ... The question I have is when do you actually have to show that you have the said 2.5m in your account? Is it during the preliminary application or after you've been granted admission and are applying for visa?... When also do you have to make the transfer? And there comes the issue of renewing your resident permit... How do you raise this 2.5m in Norway to renew your resident permit? Internships? Working while studying?
Please help me answer these questions ooo... Cos that money e big well well.
Plus can you use a certificate of English language proficiency instead of TOEFL and IELTS?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Obiwannn: 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
^^^^^^^^
Make una answer naaaaaaa?
And how easy it it to get menial student jobs ooo...
I'm willing to learn the language.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 7:16am On Sep 27, 2014
Obiwannn: ^^^^^^^^
Make una answer naaaaaaa?
And how easy it it to get menial student jobs ooo...
I'm willing to learn the language.

Let me start by saying I am still in Nigeria too and yet to apply. Let me attempt your questions with little knowledge I have.
You ll need to show the money during application for admission by submitting a statement of account of either yours or a sponsor that ll cover u for a year. If the schools grants you admission, u ll be required to transfer d money to an account in Norway. u ll use d evidence of transfer of said money to apply for visa. They usually give just a year visa, so if you are going for more than a year program, when you want to renew the visa in Norway ,you ll need to show another evidence of account that can cover u for next year.
Most of the school in Norway exempt Nigerians from the English test because our official language is English. Lastly I understand u can easily get jobs while studying especially d cleaning and manual jobs.
Please others that knows better , correct where appropriate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Obiwannn: 9:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
kennycanny:

Let me start by saying I am still in Nigeria too and yet to apply. Let me attempt your questions with little knowledge I have.
You ll need to show the money during application for admission by submitting a statement of account of either yours or a sponsor that ll cover u for a year. If the schools grants you admission, u ll be required to transfer d money to an account in Norway. u ll use d evidence of transfer of said money to apply for visa. They usually give just a year visa, so if you are going for more than a year program, when you want to renew the visa in Norway ,you ll need to show another evidence of account that can cover u for next year.
Most of the school in Norway exempt Nigerians from the English test because our official language is English. Lastly I understand u can easily get jobs while studying especially d cleaning and manual jobs.
Please others that knows better , correct where appropriate.

Thank you boss. I'm clear with all you stated. The only question you didn't answer was how one would manage to raise the 2.5m for the second year of studies since this amount is required to renew your visa. From Internship? Menial jobs? I know for a certainty that there are no scholarships in Norway. So please anyone in the house who could help me with an answer before i make a decision wey ft backfire on me in future.
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 7:52am On Sep 28, 2014
Obiwannn:

Thank you boss. I'm clear with all you stated. The only question you didn't answer was how one would manage to raise the 2.5m for the second year of studies since this amount is required to renew your visa. From Internship? Menial jobs? I know for a certainty that there are no scholarships in Norway. So please anyone in the house who could help me with an answer before i make a decision wey ft backfire on me in future.
Thanks

its difficult to answer that because I never pass through that b4. But I don't think it ll be possible for u to raise the total of your second year fees while studying there. I guess money you ll make can only support you to an extent. Let people that have tried it talk on this sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 29, 2014
Hello do all schools in norway strctly require a 2.1 or it depends on the school and departent? i had a borderline 2.2(3.43) from mech engr. and i've been bluffed by all the pet engr/ IT programs i'm interested in, all insisting that a 2.1 is a requirement. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
Horayce: Hello do all schools in norway strctly require a 2.1 or it depends on the school and departent? i had a borderline 2.2(3.43) from mech engr. and i've been bluffed by all the pet engr/ IT programs i'm interested in, all insisting that a 2.1 is a requirement. Thanks.

I hope its only engineering courses that require that o. I have just 2.2(2.6) and hoping to be given admission in an Business related program.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amii131(f): 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hi everyone plx frnds for those of us intrstd in dx 2014/15 app that wld commence soon plx keep others updated,evn our brothers and sisters over thr plx ur info are highly recommended. thanks all
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by our9ja: 7:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
Please i want to apply for Msc in any Business courses in Norway with GPA 2:2 at 2.49 grade ,Do i stand a chance ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Genfront: 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
@Gambros and Inxyz pls wit response to ur ansa on page 9 of dis thread.pls i nid u to throw more light to dis question.wat do i nid at d preliminary stage of aplication?.i am a chemical engr aspirin to study at NTNU.pls wil b glad if u ansa ASAP.tnx
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 1:11am On Oct 07, 2014
Hello, this forum has helped me a lot. Thanks y'all.

I want to know, I'm applying to NTNU for MSc in Telematics. What are the prospects? I did Information Technlogy as my 1st degree.

Anyone also applying or already applied to NTNU, pls can you help me out with how you uploaded the recommended documents.

Which documents did you send by post to NTNU?

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
@genfront I also applied for chemical engineering @ ntnu. It's stated clearly on their site what u need for the prelim application. Take your time and read carefully the required document needed. You also need to send your document that is certified. And also your transcript from school is also needed hurry and do these as the dead line is January 15th. Note: make sure you read all the instructions carefully as that can lead to refusal of admission.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
stewiepeter:
@genfront I also applied for chemical engineering @ ntnu. It's stated clearly on their site what u need for the prelim application. Take your time and read carefully the required document needed. You also need to send your document that is certified. And also your transcript from school is also needed hurry and do these as the dead line is January 15th. Note: make sure you read all the instructions carefully as that can lead to refusal of admission.

In my little research on the website, I found these. Follow the link. http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/faq-master#Finalprocess

When do I send hard copies of my documentation?
We do no longer require hard copies of your documentation, as all documents should be uploaded to your online application, unless your are from one of the countries where we require transcripts sent directly from your university or we require verification from a national agency. English documentation should also be sent by post.

*There are a lot of questions answered there that will be of great help to those applying to NTNU.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
@ maxidj you don't need to send any of your document only if u want to send your recommendation letters by mail. But mind you after uploading all your documents online in soknads. You need to send your transcript from your Uni. to ntnu this is done by your university only. So I guess that's all you have to send to ntnu. Have you downloaded the Microsoft word document? Don't forget to sign it and attach your passport @ the last page. Ntnu stated in their website that there's no longer prelim application
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
@ all those who applied to ntnu hope this helps
Applicants from Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Nigeria, the Philippines, Sudan, Uganda and USA must supply hard copies of their university grade transcripts and diplomas, in addition to uploading them. This must be sent directly from all your college/university in a sealed envelope to NTNU. Applicants from other countries may also be asked to provide hard copies.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
stewiepeter:
@ maxidj you don't need to send any of your document only if u want to send your recommendation letters by mail. But mind you after uploading all your documents online in soknads. You need to send your transcript from your Uni. to ntnu this is done by your university only. So I guess that's all you have to send to ntnu. Have you downloaded the Microsoft word document? Don't forget to sign it and attach your passport @ the last page. Ntnu stated in their website that there's no longer prelim application

Thanks a lot. done all that. The next item on my list is the requesting for the transcripts to be sent to NTNU.

btw, which prog did u apply to?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
@ maxidj I applied for chemical engineering as first choice and chemistry as second choice.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amii131(f): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
@ inyzx wld like you reply my posts please what were the likely chats/conversations u had with them about the school before the school application started. .wld like to follow that step as well make inquiries. so as to print the chat thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amii131(f): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
@ inyzx wld like you reply my posts please what were the likely chats/conversations u had with them about the school before the school application started. .wld like to follow that step as well make inquiries. so as to print the chat thanks in regards.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Femicrux: 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hello all,

Once one has been offered admission by a university in Norway, how does one submit a visa application? Are applications also collected in Lagos just like In Abuja? Also, what documents must one tender?

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
stewiepeter:
@ maxidj I applied for chemical engineering as first choice and chemistry as second choice.

Okay. God willing, we shall meet in NTNU.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amii131(f): 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
@stewip it's it still Ntnu you applied for? ? hope unioslo nt yet out still arranging my documents .
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Genfront: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
@stewiepeter tnx 4 ur response,house pls i need further answers.
From this list of required documents:
-Passport data page
-Degree cert.
-WAEC result
-Motivation letter
-Updated cv
-Aditional aplication letter
-2letters of recomendation
-Documentation of financing(accnt stat. nd sponsor letter)

1)Apart from the list above did u add any other thing?
2)From the list above i think that d cv,motivation letter,recomendation letter need not to be certified,pls is my opinion on question 2 correct?
3)If a students get admission nd transfers the 2.5M.If he's nt granted visa what happens to the money already transfered to Norway
pls i need answers urgently,thanks for your anticipated answers

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
@maxidj amen and amen. @ amii no not Uni. Of Oslo, but I think theirs is starting 15th am not sure please check their website so you can be sure.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
@ Gen front well for me I added work experience. If uv worked anywhere you can add it. Have u downloaded the Microsoft word doc that u sign and use ur passport photograph?
2. No there's no need for certifying ur documents such as ur recommendation letters, cv or ur motivational letters. This is done when there is preliminary application but as for now no preliminary app. Just make sure your school send your transcript and Bsc to ntnu b4 15th January. If ur univ can't make the deadline then u can certify uv transcript and send.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.