Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551132 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemenger: 10:05am On Nov 27, 2014
Thanks for good job guys, i realised that as one progresses thru the application more questions come up. Please help with the following questions in respect to ntnu application(msc)

1. After having uploaded the bank documents, do I still need to post the hard copy to ntnu?
2. From what I read on their website I understand that the only docs to be sent to them is the transcript and must be sent directly from the school. Please correct me if I'm wrong. All other docs are uploaded on their website.
3. how easy would it be to switch from one school to the other after arriving Norway.
4. What's the NTNU mailing address to send the document, saw this; please correct me

International House
Gløshaugen campus
O. S. Bragstads plass 3
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway.

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 6:36pm On Nov 27, 2014
Inxyz:

Monica, I was at the admin of my school yesterday to inquire about BSC admissions.

From their answers, you must understand Norsk before you can be admitted.

Also, if you don't, then you must go tru a 1yr course in Norsk and pass before you can be considered for admission.

The 1yr Norsk program is only possible if you are already in Norway according by them because they will not assist you in getting visa for this one year course. So I understand it's for people that are already here.

For Hostels, yes they will provide you one. In fact before your arrival because you need to show Norge Embassy that you have somewhere to stay before your Visa app can be granted. You have to pay between 3000NOK to 5000NOK depending on place and city.

I hope this helps, wish you all the best of luck in your application.

pls is the 3000-5000 nok for a year or for several months?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
after i submit my documents, what then should i do?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
chemenger:
Thanks for good job guys, i realised that as one progresses thru the application more questions come up. Please help with the following questions in respect to ntnu application(msc)

1. After having uploaded the bank documents, do I still need to post the hard copy to ntnu?
2. From what I read on their website I understand that the only docs to be sent to them is the transcript and must be sent directly from the school. Please correct me if I'm wrong. All other docs are uploaded on their website.
3. how easy would it be to switch from one school to the other after arriving Norway.
4. What's the NTNU mailing address to send the document, saw this; please correct me

International House
Gløshaugen campus
O. S. Bragstads plass 3

Thanks

pls lynnxx, starflux, Ashimuyi and other well meaning Contributors ur attention is needed.... Question #2 especially Cox some schools demand u upload ur transcript.
thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
goldfings:

pls lynnxx, starflux, Ashimuyi and other well meaning Contributors ur attention is needed.... Question #2 especially Cox some schools demand u upload ur transcript.
thanks

Yeah they do need originals sent directly from the issuing institution alongside the one you upload. Not all ask for it to br sent tho. NTNU and Uni Oslo, as part of their requirements for admission, upload a copy of your transcript and request one directly to be sent from the issuing institution to them. So carefully check the requirements.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lexycool01(m): 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
Am new here
I have gone through the post from the begining and i can see people are not discussing about undergraduate studies
i just completed a ordinary national deploma in architecture with a upper credit and i intend to apply for a undergraduate studies in architecture in norway
i plan to write Toefl text next year and then proceed to apply for the admission proper
i need a clearification as regards how easy geting d visa and if d amont need for sponsor needed is also 2.5 milion
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 1:53am On Nov 29, 2014
chemenger:

International House
Gløshaugen campus
O. S. Bragstads plass 3

Thanks

Yes! The address is correct.

I also got admission at NTNU. I don't know if the format has changed but as at last year, you have to submit a preliminary application. During this process you don't need to send any hard copy by post only upload your documents. By December 15 - 25, candidates that passed through the preliminary screening will receive aa mail to send their documents to the above address before February 1.

Hope it helps, good luck.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 1:55am On Nov 29, 2014
monica90:
after i submit my documents, what then should i do?

Wait for success mail !!!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lexycool01(m): 9:42am On Nov 29, 2014
SOMEONE SHOULD PLS GUIDE ME THROUGH
lexycool01:
Am new here
I have gone through the post from the begining and i can see people are not discussing about undergraduate studies
i just completed a ordinary national deploma in architecture with a upper credit and i intend to apply for a undergraduate studies in architecture in norway
i plan to write Toefl text next year and then proceed to apply for the admission proper
i need a clearification as regards how easy geting d visa and if d amont need for sponsor needed is also 2.5 milion
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 29, 2014
Inxyz:

I also got admission at NTNU. I don't know if the format has changed but as at last year, you have to submit a preliminary application. During this process you don't need to send any hard copy by post only upload your documents. By December 15 - 25, candidates that passed through the preliminary screening will receive aa mail to send their documents to the above address before February 1.

God bless bro, I suspect u're not in NTNU... which school are u and what course.
Trying to see if I can get some specific info from you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
lexycool01:
SOMEONE SHOULD PLS GUIDE ME THROUGH
[color=#990000][/color]

Pls scroll up and you will find this reply by @Inxyz

"@Inxyz :

Monica, I was at the admin of my school yesterday to
inquire about BSC admissions.

From their answers, you must understand Norsk before
you can be admitted.

Also, if you don't, then you must go tru a 1yr course in
Norsk and pass before you can be considered for
admission.

The 1yr Norsk program is only possible if you are
already in Norway according by them because they will
not assist you in getting visa for this one year course.
So I understand it's for people that are already here.
For Hostels, yes they will provide you one. In fact
before your arrival because you need to show Norge
Embassy that you have somewhere to stay before your
Visa app can be granted. You have to pay between
3000NOK to 5000NOK depending on place and city.

I hope this helps, wish you all the best of luck in your
application."
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
@Inxyz...the amount for hostel fee you wrote in your last reply to me, can you pls tell me if it's for a year or some months?

thanks!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 10:10am On Nov 30, 2014
For those who want to apply to Uni of stavanger, which the application process starts around December. Note that the prove of financial statement of account has gone up a little.. It's now 100,000 krones as to the 97,850 krones. So these should be noted in your application..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 9:14am On Dec 01, 2014
stewiepeter:
For those who want to apply to Uni of stavanger, which the application process starts around December. Note that the prove of financial statement of account has gone up a little.. It's now 100,000 krones as to the 97,850 krones. So these should be noted in your application..

hi, is it for undergraduate or master program?
do you know the requirement for an undergraduate program cos i tried applying and it showed a funny phrase...saying that if i'm not from a schengen country, then i'm not eligible.

can you clarify this pls?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sunshineman: 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
@ lynx and everyone, will ntnu or uis accept a cgpa..of 3.98 for mac in petroleum engineering with relevant work experience?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemenger: 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
Inxyz:

Thanks Baba
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
yes!!!! you have a chance of getting the admission.

sunshineman:
@ lynx and everyone, will ntnu or uis accept a cgpa..of 3.98 for mac in petroleum engineering with relevant work experience?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
@ Monica the money is for masters, not sure of undergraduate. Your sure bet for undergraduate is Uni of Oslo. They accept international undergraduate but it's very competitive as stated on their site. U should give it a try...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Genfront: 5:15am On Dec 02, 2014
i applied to uni stavanger,i filled the preliminary app form,but want to clear my doubt that i'm not missing anything out,i didnt upload anything,hope i am on course,after i filled the form i got a mail that my aplication have bin recieved,wen i checked my aplications i saw aplication under consideration,so wats next for those who aplied to uis?,.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 7:43am On Dec 02, 2014
@ Genfront you are on the right track.. U need to have all your document stamped either by ministry of education or foreign affairs. Then send them the document. Note in addition to that you are suppose to send them a transcript directly from ur school. So ur school is suppose to send them ur sealed transcript.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mickyboiz: 8:51am On Dec 02, 2014
stewiepeter:
@ Monica the money is for masters, not sure of undergraduate. Your sure bet for undergraduate is Uni of Oslo. They accept international undergraduate but it's very competitive as stated on their site. U should give it a try...
is uni of oslo undergraduate taught in English ??
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Genfront: 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
@Stewiepeter tnx for ur answer,but pls i need further clearification
am i to send my transcript now,or wait for notification from the school after preliminary to do that?,
i hav also asked a similar question before,pls from the list below must i stamp them at ministry of education/ministry of foreign affairs?.cos i am thinking of stamping my olevel in my former sch and my degree cert wit a notary public:
from this list is it all that should b stamped?
Cover letter
Resume
O level
Degree cert.
International Passport
Motivation letter
.tnx for ur anticipated res
ponse
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
@ Genfront you can send your application as soon as possible, as Uis does not have pre. Application. For the document u want to verify, I don't think it's necessary to stamp ur c.v, resume etc... Just ur certificates to show it's a true copy of the original... Hope this help..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mickyboiz: 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
stewiepeter:
@ Micky yes it's taught in English...@ Genfront you can send your application as soon as possible, as Uis does not have pre. Application. For the document u want to verify, I don't think it's necessary to stamp ur c.v, resume etc... Just ur certificates to show it's a true copy of the original... Hope this help..
plss kindly paste d link to courses taught in english , i dn search google tired Mb don finish tanx
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2014
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2014
Please how do I know if my total number of units which is 170 equivalent to180 ECTS. ..... some1 should please reply ASAP
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by our9ja: 3:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hello House I got this mail from UIT university

Dear Applicant,
We would like to remind you to upload your Waecdirect Access Card from the West African Examinations Council should be scanned both sides and uploaded as PDF-file to the SøknadsWeb within December the 12, 2014. Click on My Document in the Søknadsweb to upload new documents.

But there is no Option on where to upload the Access card

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ejaay: 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
Good afternoon house, please can I get admission to study Nursing in Norway? I have no nursing background anyway, but have HND in Food Science and technology.
Please I need direction and advise.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
our9ja:
Hello House I got this mail from UIT university

Dear Applicant,
We would like to remind you to upload your Waecdirect Access Card from the West African Examinations Council should be scanned both sides and uploaded as PDF-file to the SøknadsWeb within December the 12, 2014. Click on My Document in the Søknadsweb to upload new documents.

But there is no Option on where to upload the Access card

when you click on My Documents, do you see Add Item or Add anything? I wish you can provide a screenshot. Dec 12 is so close.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by our9ja: 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
when you click on My Documents, do you see Add Item or Add anything? I wish you can provide a screenshot. Dec 12 is so close.

When i click on my Documents there is no option. like ADD item or Add anything

except Add certification / diploma (PDF-format) Work experience Other documents.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
@ our naija upload it at that spot but name the PDF as weac direct card... Or rename it appropriately so it can be differentiated
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
That's it. You have your answer there. Upload it there BUT give it a name for better description.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.