Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552188 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by our9ja: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
MaxiDj and Stewipeter You guys are the best
I was able to upload the access card like you suggested

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Genfront: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
@house,pls what does it mean, when they said you can only register once as an international applicant on soknaweb,cos i use different details on the soknaweb sites of d dif.schs i applied to.pls i need clearification becos on the sch website i c new applicatn afta aplying for d first one,am i to aply to a new sch tru dat link?.tnx
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Genfront: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
pls is it compulsory that account statement i am sending to d sch i am aplyin to must be in bank letter headed paper and in sealed envelop with stamp?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 11:37am On Dec 10, 2014
Genfront:
pls is it compulsory that account statement i am sending to d sch i am aplyin to must be in bank letter headed paper and in sealed envelop with stamp?

To the best of my knowledge, yes!!!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mechbeejay: 10:59am On Dec 13, 2014
please i need help
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mechbeejay: 11:05am On Dec 13, 2014
just started my Norwagian univ of science n tech applicatn yestrday, i graduated frm a nigerian univ wit first class in mech engring, applied for masters in sustainabl energy n natural gas energy as 2nd choice, pls wat ar my chances cos i saw d intake is very low, 10 students n i dnt uav TOEFL, plss i need answ
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mechbeejay: 11:08am On Dec 13, 2014
also i'm frm a humble background can i get job in norway as i am studyin n wat is d chances of job afta grad, want to apply scavanger too, should i forget abt norwagian univ of science n tech n concentrate on scavanger? plss i am under tension cos of d deadline of norwagian univ of tech i need answers plss
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
Mechbeejay just calm down and apply the both universities. There's no need to be tensed, the dead line for ntnu is 15th January. But u have to hurry and make sure uv uploaded all that needs to be uploaded and send your transcript too from ur school directly. With a first class u stand a chance but I will advice you to apply both of the universities and at the end you weigh your choices. I also applied ntnu chemical engineering and stavanger environmental tech. Just calm down and apply so u don't make and silly mistake.. Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
goldfings:

God bless bro, I suspect u're not in NTNU... which school are u and what course.
Trying to see if I can get some specific info from you

UiS- Offshore Tech.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hi all, let's all pray that as this year comes to an end and 2015 begins we all that applied for school in Norway will get admitted and get our visa in no time. God bless us all amen.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tobzzy(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
Am an OND holder, who is willing to live and work in oslo/norway
Please can anyone help me with a visiting letter just to apply
for my visa. Please I will appreciate.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
tobzzy:
Am an OND holder, who is willing to live and work in oslo/norway
Please can anyone help me with a visiting letter just to apply
for my visa. Please I will appreciate.

You ll need a miracle to get someone from nowhere that does not no you from adam to just send you an IV just because u asked for it on a platform like this. what u ll likely get is someone that ll even try to scam u. if you have good job or business in Nigeria you don't need anyone to invite u. just do hotel reservation and good account balance and cash flow in it you are good to get your Visa.
Or complete your HND in Nigeria with a very good grade, u ll be able to enjoy tuition free education in Norway.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tobzzy(m): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
kennycanny:

You ll need a miracle to get someone from nowhere that does not no you from adam to just send you an IV just because u asked for it on a platform like this. what u ll likely get is someone that ll even try to scam u. if you have good job or business in Nigeria you don't need anyone to invite u. just do hotel reservation and good account balance and cash flow in it you are good to get your Visa.
Or complete your HND in Nigeria with a very good grade, u ll be able to enjoy tuition free education in Norway.
then I will be applying for what type of visa
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 7:51am On Dec 24, 2014
tobzzy:
then I will be applying for what type of visa

Tourist / visit visa. But to qualify you ll need to show that u intend to return to Nigeria after your short visit. u ll show this with your economic status in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by samuelkingz(m): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
really really nyc work goin on in here...kudos...plss i wld like to say we re making d thread look like a platform for just academics only.any body visiting dis thread for d ist time may think dat d only way to secure a visa to norway is thru a masters or undergrad program..pls let us also try to dicuss various survival ways,bizness/hustling strategies,economic advantages,money value,workable cities and most of all how to b succesful dere cos dats d dream of everyone of us seeking to go abroad.not all is wishing to study in norway but rather wants to hustle...so lets not try and derail d importance of this wonderful thread....but sincerely i hv learnt a lot frm dis thread.no hard feelings pls jst my opinion whc stands to be corrected.merry christmas.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Genfront: 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
compliment of the season.please house i'ld like to know,is there anyway i wil b able to know if my transcript has been delivered to d sch. I applied to?.my undergraduate school uses EMS as i learnt.I have sent a mail to d sch bt no response frm dem yet,
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 10:06am On Dec 31, 2014
hi guys,
the information i've gotten from this room is enough to know exactly what to do when i get admitted.
the thing is, are norwegians racists?
we need to know if we are going from fry pan to fire, even if the economy and weather are different from ours.

I've read enough of embarrasements and unfair treatments Nigerians face over there. i just want to read your own views about this.(for those living in norway).

thanks and happy new year in advance!!'hi guys,
the information i've gotten from this room is enough to know exactly what to do when i get admitted.
we need to know if we are going from fry pan to fire, even if the economy and weather are different from ours.

I've read enough of embarrasements and unfair treatments Nigerians face over there. i just want to read your own views about this.(for those living in norway).

thanks and happy new year in advance!!'
hi guys,

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
monica90:
hi guys,

thanks and happy new year in advance!!'hi guys,

hi guys,

Monica! Racism is a complex word and can be used to mean something different in many context.

I have argued with someone before in this thread about this. However, I will still clear my views.

In my opinion, I see it is natural that some people will choose not to be friendly because of cultural, religious, ethnic differences. It happens everywhere even in Nigeria. I love Africa and Nigeria specifically but our reputation dwindles because of media report manipulation, corruption, and what we have made them believed we are.

What do you expect? For example, the first African here were slaves and refugees. That indelible mark remains in history and even their children studies it, carries it along generation but we need to stand as true Africans, show good reputation, correct their beliefs and match on because the future belongs to Africa. If we don't go, we will not have the opportunity to break words man to man, if we don't speak they will not hear but if they hear us there may be change. Your little piece of speech towards the revival of our continent is valuable.

I will say racism exist every even in Nigeria but not as people think...do your best, strife hard and you will see success awaits you. "It will never make them judge you wrongly for what you have won". You need to win not desire.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by johnnykuku: 12:27am On Jan 03, 2015
Pls I have a question does age matters in applying for undergraduate study in any european,canada,Australia and Us universities?am 30 now can I succeed with any one?I am a graduate though but I intend to change my career[/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2015
johnnykuku:
Pls I have a question does age matters in applying for undergraduate study in any european,canada,Australia and Us universities?am 30 now can I succeed with any one?I am a graduate though but I intend to change my career

At 30 you shouldn't have problem getting admission to most schools and courses abroad. Where you will have more convincing work to do is in the area of getting Visa.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okchris: 7:58am On Jan 08, 2015
Good Day Great People In The House. I have been following this forum quietly, and really appreciate everyone's contribution towards ensuring successful applications. Please, I have few questions to ask:

1: Can my brother in an European country stand as my sponsor?

2: Since the embassy needs to be sure you have a place to stay, will a student need to pay an additional hostel fee or will it be covered in the 100,000 NOK/ About 2.5 M sent to the school's account?

3: Can a student decide to stay off Campus even after Hostel fee is paid? In other words, will the school hand over all the money to the student?

4: When the school accepts a student and he/she pays the money into the school's account, what will happen if visa is refused?

5: Usually, after applying, how long does it take for schools to approve application and ask for payment

Thanks a lot Friends. Anticipating your kind answers as soon as possible. BLESS!!!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okchris: 8:06am On Jan 08, 2015
One More Question Please, when applying through the UDI online Application Portal. Can one pay with the normal Nigerian Debit Card?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
okchris:
One More Question Please, when applying through the UDI online Application Portal. Can one pay with the normal Nigerian Debit Card?

Yes, I used my GTbank master card
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aodis: 2:32am On Jan 09, 2015
does hbv given admission?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
pls from those who have got their student visa earlier, apart from the proof of money paid into an account in Norway, are we required to present any statement of account in Nigeria?
I will like to know if its a requirement. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 9:42am On Jan 14, 2015
@ kennycanny I think once you've deposited the money into the schools account I don't think you will need any account statement, that won't be necessary.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aodis: 7:06am On Jan 15, 2015
Good morning nairaland. Pls who applied to hbv?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 7:56am On Jan 15, 2015
stewiepeter:
@ kennycanny I think once you've deposited the money into the schools account I don't think you will need any account statement, that won't be necessary.

Thanks so much!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
kennycanny:

At 30 you shouldn't have problem getting admission to most schools and courses abroad. Where you will have more convincing work to do is in the area of getting Visa.

Indeed. In many western countries the age of the average student is pretty high, above 30 in Norway if I recall correctly. There's no such thing as age discrimination. Visa is a different matter, but really shouldn't be of major concern.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lequatee(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
Inxyz:

UiS- Offshore Tech.

hello, I am applying for the same course and will definitely like to exchange mails with you. I have quite a lot to ask specifically about the Offshore Tech course. thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
@ starflux

Pls I have a kid cousin who wants to try out his luck in denmark; there isn't much being talked about d country on travel thread. What's d situation there for immigrants?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 8:52am On Jan 23, 2015
lequatee:

hello, I am applying for the same course and will definitely like to exchange mails with you. I have quite a lot to ask specifically about the Offshore Tech course. thanks
Send me a PM

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.