Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (553807 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
There's no ongoing application RN. Traditionally, they commence school application by October prolly October 1st and some school starts theirs December 1st. It all depends on ur intended school..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Lol I saw something about it but I don't understand literally. Its like a nynorsk language having a testkbok for learning.

Make our people shed more light on this..

[/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
Am also applying to NTNU but some persons on Facebook said even if NTNU said Nigeria is exempted that we still need to provide English test.
Please how true is these?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dumebi213: 2:32am On Jul 20, 2020
Hello, i'm new here

If this thread is still active please i would like assistance

I graduated with a 3.4 (2.2) in Zoology, what are my chances of getting admission for masters in a biology related course and what universities would you recommend for someone with a score like mine.

@Starflux or anyone
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 11:47am On Jul 20, 2020
Under the GSU list,Nigerians are exempted from showing a proof of English Proficiency except some private universities like NHH and Bi Norwegian and also University of Oslo.

I would advise you to be on a safer side that you should mail NTNU admission team relaying your challenges. They're in the best position to answer..

Howbeit, from referencing from the GSU list, we are exempted. We're to upload our Original Waec result.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2020
[quote author=Dumebi213 post=91895569]Hello, i'm new here

If this thread is still active please i would like assistance.

Click on their website www.studyinnorway.no and Viola you'd see loads of universities that you can prolly choose from offering your loved program.. Normally ,they set their least grade requirement to 3 or C albeit I have seen some that set a floor of B. My advise for you are in 3 ways
1) prolly go for a less competitive course.
2)prolly go for a less competitive university.
3) spread ur application options that's applying to numerous schools. Who knows?

From my observation, I think some schools would waive the ielts requirement due to the pandemic..

Sequel to my observation, I would advise all to prolly mail their preferred schools and engage with them,ask them questions. They're happily ready to assist. Like me now,I have interacted with my intended schools on a frequent basis.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Aragon1: 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
Uchboggy:
so sorry I haven’t been on Nairaland in a while , I just saw your message , if you still need to ask me something kindly resent the pm
Good day bro, please I sent you a PM. Kindly reply. Going to study same program you did @ USN.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by IAMBlesssed(f): 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
olujastro:

I once talked about the grading system in Norway some time ago on this thread.
For the records, A is 90-100; B is 80-89; C is 60-79; D is 50-59; E is 40-49; and below 40 is F.

For language, bokmal or nynorsk are about the same Norwegian language but different dialects. Bokmal is more commonly taught to everyone especially learners.

For post study jobs, it seems most people want a clairvoyant to tell them that they will or not be able to find jobs after masters in Norway. No one has such powers as everyone's fate is different, just as times and economic situations are also different.
For the records, the rate at which they employ foreigners is less than that of Norwegians and EU citizens.
If you find a job after studying, good luck; else, move to another country. Simple!

What about PHD students? Can you Please throw more light on that?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2020
Dumebi213:
Hello, i'm new here

If this thread is still active please i would like assistance

I graduated with a 3.4 (2.2) in Zoology, what are my chances of getting admission for masters in a biology related course and what universities would you recommend for someone with a score like mine.

@Starflux or anyone

From what I observed, biology isn't a really hard course to gain admission into. Reason being that Supplementary admission to one year study courses, bachelor programmes and master courses were made open today for more applicants still interested in applying to Norwegian universities and I saw some biology programmes amongst the courses. Unfortunately I can't recall if it's a year study, bsc or MSC programme. Now the programme isn't on the site anymore as the study spaces have all been applied for.

Ultimately, follow Arinze01's advice and hope for the best.

Lastly, wait a while for them to release the number of total applicants and also successful applicants for courses you are interested in. From there, you can measure your chances.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hello Guys,

I just received a response from Oslo Metropolitan University that I don't require to submit English Test since I graduated from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
Easternheart:
Hello Guys,

I just received a response from Oslo Metropolitan University that I don't require to submit English Test since I graduated from Nigeria.

Wonderful!! That's how it's meant to be! We engage them(admission team). Happily and readily available to solve our challenges.let's keep engaging dem via mails. Just yesterday's news, Norway economy is booming already despite the distasteful pandemic that temporarily halted economic goals.

@Easternheart,what do u plan on studying?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
Whilst surfing Nord University's website, I saw the incoming semester timetable for my Desired course,MSC Finance and Investment and I was in a state of awe. The duration of their lectures is 2½ min - 4hrs max lol. No wonder our compatriots over there spend less time here..

Nevertheless, I have a question to our brothers/sisters over there

What's the range class for a distinction in their MSC program?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arinze01:

Wonderful!! That's how it's meant to be! We engage them(admission team). Happily and readily available to solve our challenges.let's keep engaging dem via mails. Just yesterday's news, Norway economy is booming already despite the distasteful pandemic that temporarily halted economic goals.

@Easternheart,what do u plan on studying?

@Arinze01, I plan on studying Aerospace Control Engineering.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Easternheart:

@Arinze01, I plan on studying Aerospace Control Engineering.

That's nice... More grease to your elbow!! We shall come out triumphant,Amen!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Haggai92: 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
Mickyboiz:
Hello guys,
Please are there still schools still opened for application for this year's intake? Bsc/msc

I really doubt for M.Sc...You can still check online
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dumebi213: 2:31am On Jul 22, 2020
[quote author=Arinze01 post=91907194][/quote]

Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dumebi213: 2:32am On Jul 22, 2020
CuteTj:

From what I observed, biology isn't a really hard course to gain admission into. Reason being that Supplementary admission to one year study courses, bachelor programmes and master courses were made open today for more applicants still interested in applying to Norwegian universities and I saw some biology programmes amongst the courses. Unfortunately I can't recall if it's a year study, bsc or MSC programme. Now the programme isn't on the site anymore as the study spaces have all been applied for.

Ultimately, follow Arinze01's advice and hope for the best.

Lastly, wait a while for them to release the number of total applicants and also successful applicants for courses you are interested in. From there, you can measure your chances.

Oh, that's good

Thank you so much, i'll keep searching
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2020
I mailed UiS yesterday vis-a-vis Norwegian language to learn. The team reverted explicitly which I'll share :

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2020
Arinze01:
I mailed UiS yesterday vis-a-vis Norwegian language to learn. The team reverted explicitly which I'll share :

Wow so pa vei is a book for teaching new learners.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dumebi213: 1:39am On Jul 23, 2020
Arinze01:

I downloaded this text book few days back

If you don't have some sort of instructors guide you may not understand it
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Aka2003: 4:58am On Jul 23, 2020
Arinze01:
Pls I was chitchatting with a tweep and she said they don't speak Bokmal any longer in Norway. She said they speak Pa vei. I don't really understand.

Nairalanders in Norway studying, pls help out! I believe we should help one another when in position.

This Nigerian Lady i chitchatted with gave hopes that Norway is a nice place and they're not really racist .
I wan laff die.. which one be speaking på vei? Naija never a dull moment. grin
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 8:02am On Jul 23, 2020
Dumebi213:

I downloaded this text book few days back

If you don't have some sort of instructors guide you may not understand it

God morgen everyone!!
Yeah,the language is kinda rigid.. It's not what someone can just learn without guide.. I'll advise from what I've researched one enroll in their respective universities' Norwegian classes. For example, UiS offers rebated Norwegian class to international students for just 1000Noks compared to what you'll pay if you enroll outside the school environment. This class is flexible and Also facilitates faster assimilation. Being amongst tenacious people learning a new language would make one understand it faster. Coupled with the rebated cost, they offer certificate upon completion of the language program.. For UiS, it's just 12 weeks with week 9 being a free week. Go to your prospective univs and make enquires on Norwegian class. I'm learning it via YouTube just easy ones but I'm definitely enrolling to my University's Norwegian class. Language to one isn't a barrier rather an advantage,opportunity for one..

Remember; whilst applying for a Norwegian PR,you need not only show proof of funds but you also need to show proof of Norwegian language proficiency up to an intermediate level.

Tausen takks!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 9:24am On Jul 23, 2020
Well I have not use the pa vei before. I have been using Duolingo to learn Norwegian Bokmal with is easy and straight forward, it has audio sound that help to pronouns alphabets, words, numbers and even sentences, and you get to do a short test (both in writing and audio) were you answer questions related to what you have learn.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dumebi213: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2020
Arinze01:

God morgen everyone!!
Yeah,the language is kinda rigid.. It's not what someone can just learn without guide.. I'll advise from what I've researched one enroll in their respective universities' Norwegian classes. For example, UiS offers rebated Norwegian class to international students for just 1000Noks compared to what you'll pay if you enroll outside the school environment. This class is flexible and Also facilitates faster assimilation. Being amongst tenacious people learning a new language would make one understand it faster. Coupled with the rebated cost, they offer certificate upon completion of the language program.. For UiS, it's just 12 weeks with week 9 being a free week. Go to your prospective univs and make enquires on Norwegian class. I'm learning it via YouTube just easy ones but I'm definitely enrolling to my University's Norwegian class. Language to one isn't a barrier rather an advantage,opportunity for one..

Remember; whilst applying for a Norwegian PR,you need not only show proof of funds but you also need to show proof of Norwegian language proficiency up to an intermediate level.

Tausen takks!

Hei,
I found this app, i'm using it to learn common words and phrases

Thanks for all your replies, seems a lot don't do biological courses that focuses more on my field but i have messaged the few i found that do and i must say they reply really fast.

Takk, skål
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 10:46am On Jul 23, 2020
Dumebi213:

Hei,
I found this app, i'm using it to learn common words and phrases

Thanks for all your replies, seems a lot don't do biological courses that focuses more on my field but i have messaged the few i found that do and i must say they reply really fast.

Takk, skål

Did u use www.studyinnorway.no. there are biology courses ..I'm seeing a lot RN. Just keep engaging sha.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2020
These are external Norwegian language courses. I believe that was where the confusion brewed. I understand all now. I searched deeper and I saw it .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dumebi213: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2020
Arinze01:

Did u use www.studyinnorway.no. there are biology courses ..I'm seeing a lot RN. Just keep engaging sha.

Yes, there are biology course but it's a matter of field specialization

I can't go for biomedical, molecular etc because of i don't have the units for those course

I have found about 4 universities and I am in contact with 2 of them

Here's to hoping for the best
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2020
Dumebi213:

Yes, there are biology course but it's a matter of field specialization

I can't go for biomedical, molecular etc because of i don't have the units for those course

I have found about 4 universities and I am in contact with 2 of them

Here's to hoping for the best

Okay,no wahala.. As we anticipate for application re-opening and subsequent admission letter . By God's Grace and Mercy,we shall all come out successful, Amen!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
It has not been easy learning the language but we should all endeavour to at least learn the words required for everyday use.

As for me, i subscribed to the premium plan of www.Norwegianclass101.com in addition to several apps I use and they have all been helpful.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2020
@Dumebi213, please share the link where you downloaded the book called "på vei." I would like to check it out. Takk.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 9:12am On Jul 25, 2020
CuteTj:
@Dumebi213, please share the link where you downloaded the book called "på vei." I would like to check it out. Takk.

Good Morning everyone!

I literally admire our zeal,commitment and spirit. It's second to none. We haven't even applied for enrollment/admission nor have we even gotten admission and arriving at Norway already.. We have all skipped those processes and here we're discussing about their language. I like the feeling/vibe. I feel we're kinda united and going as a Big FAMILY. It shows we're tenacious and pragmatic. That's awesome!! I hail una.. By this time next year, we, Norwegian hopefuls shall all be in Norway discussing how we started lol,Amen!!

Anyone that has questions to ask,or confused in any point vis-a-vis Norwegian university application process or requirements, can freely ask me questions, I would gladly help to the maximum of my knowledge. I feel we should assist each other during the application process-and hopefully Nigerians' acceptance rate this coming admission period would be higher. Newbies,feel free to ask us questions.

Have a peachy day ahead!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2020
Hello everyone. Please I intend travelling to Norway to do my master's and I'd need a step by step rundown on what to do- admissions, visa, etc. Can anyone help? And also, is Norway tuition free. If no, can anyone link me to scholarships? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.