Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552317 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Voy(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2020
Aragon1:

No you can't. Your best hope is a Bsc but most are not taught in English medium and the Norwegian Embassy does not grant visas to Nigerians coming for Bsc in Norway.
why exactly ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Voy(m): 12:15am On May 25, 2020
Aragon1:

Process Technology and you?
Hi Aragon1 can u brief me on the process and procedure of applying for a school in Norway? My younger bro really needs this info; Would appreciate ur response... If u can share a numb I can reach u on, I won’t hesitate to call, thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Aragon1: 11:35am On May 26, 2020
Applications are done online through soknadsweb. You will have to check the individual universities website to know the requirements. You will also have to send across your Transcript directly from your university here in Nigeria and for a school like USN, you will need ETS to send across your English language score as it's compulsory for all applicants from Nigeria. It's actually very straightforward. Hope this helps.
Voy:
Hi Aragon1 can u brief me on the process and procedure of applying for a school in Norway? My younger bro really needs this info; Would appreciate ur response... If u can share a numb I can reach u on, I won’t hesitate to call, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Acuna91: 11:08pm On May 26, 2020
Hello guys

please I need a candid advise about studying and life in Norway. Is the Education Worth it? how easy is it to get a side hustle as you study? any other thing is okay.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Acuna91: 11:38pm On May 26, 2020
Aragon1:
Applications are done online through soknadsweb. You will have to check the individual universities website to know the requirements. You will also have to send across your Transcript directly from your university here in Nigeria and for a school like USN, you will need ETS to send across your English language score as it's compulsory for all applicants from Nigeria. It's actually very straightforward. Hope this helps.

Hello, please are you presently studying in Norway? I sent you a pm though.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Paramedickelvin: 3:58pm On May 27, 2020
Good afternoon all, Please I would be relocating to Sweden soon,I just want to ask how's the weather conditions in These Scandinavian Areas.....
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Skymoore1004: 4:01pm On May 27, 2020
Are you going to study?
Paramedickelvin:
Good afternoon all, Please I would be relocating to Sweden soon,I just want to ask how's the weather conditions in These Scandinavian Areas.....
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Parseuz: 7:13pm On May 27, 2020
Hello guys,

Please I want to ask, those that have completely their masters, how easy is it to get a job related to your field in order to remain in Norway , especially engineering or oil and gas sector.

I read that the really favor their locals for job applications

@olujastro
@Earthling
@StarFlux
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Paramedickelvin: 10:45pm On May 27, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Are you going to study?
Yes on a Study..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Skymoore1004: 11:15pm On May 27, 2020
Which uni bro?
Paramedickelvin:
Yes on a Study..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Augustofficialx: 11:43pm On May 27, 2020
Bro can I get your contact or email??
Paramedickelvin:
Yes on a Study..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Paramedickelvin: 7:34am On May 28, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Which uni bro?
Jonkoping University
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Aragon1: 4:18pm On May 30, 2020
I believe Johnkoping should be in Sweden not Norway. Stand to be corrected though
Paramedickelvin:
Jonkoping University
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Voy(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2020
Aragon1:
not PG but B.sc
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Barbyd: 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hello people! Has anyone here had his/her admission revoked due to the corona virus situation?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 9:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
Barbyd:
Hello people! Has anyone here had his/her admission revoked due to the corona virus situation?

Was yours revoked. If it was, what uni?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 10:00am On Jun 14, 2020
Parseuz:
Hello guys,

Please I want to ask, those that have completely their masters, how easy is it to get a job related to your field in order to remain in Norway , especially engineering or oil and gas sector.

I read that the really favor their locals for job applications

@olujastro
@Earthling
@StarFlux
Honestly, I don't know. I'm going for an academic career so haven't looked much into the job market elsewhere. The oil and gas sector is so shaky right now that it's hard to say what the situation will be like once you complete your M.A. degree. Knowing Norwegian will always be a huge advantage in Norway - there's no hiding that fact.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Augustofficialx: 2:42am On Jun 16, 2020
Bro
Paramedickelvin:
Yes on a Study..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KingAzubuike(f): 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
If you're having issues concerning anything Norway, you can just send me a message.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Soleye24(m): 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
KingAzubuike:
If you're having issues concerning anything Norway, you can just send me a message.

how much do I need to budget to run a master degree in norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Aragon1: 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
Your yearly blocked account money I guess. That's about 5million naira
Soleye24:

how much do I need to budget to run a master degree in norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olioxx(m): 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
KingAzubuike:
I want to ask if you know about the visa process of Norway, I have read online, I have watched videos, but I need your real world experience.
If there are any tricks and tips, it will be highly appreciated.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2020
Who's applying to any Norwegian University this fall of 2020?

I have read all from the beginning to the end of this thread and all I can say is 3 Gbosas to the pioneers and all that offered words of advise. I've made all independent research about Norway and my interest to study over there increased exponentially.

If you've developed interest to study in Norway or nursing the thought, let's discuss about it and keep the thread full of life.

Also,our Nigerian brothers over there, how is the country treating y'all,during studies and post studies? How easy did u get job after learning nyorsk or bokmal ? And lastly, which is recommended, nynorsk or bokmal albeit they're of equal importance but from what I read so far, people recommended bokmal more, pls shed more light on this

Moreover,I graduated from Unilag late last year
With a Cgpa of 4.52. I'm a prospective international student in Norway with interest in Economics or finance.

Look forward to hearing/jotting your experiences.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2020
Good morning everyone!!!

Someone should pls shed more light on the grey areas I listed in my previous post.

What grading system do they use in Norway? What score would give me an A(i.e 1) in Norway. For example, Nigerian Universities,one must have 70% in a course to have an A in that course,what score should one have in Norway to have an A in that course. My brothers and sisters in Norway, could you pls answer my questions..

I have narrowed my interest to 4 Norwegian Univs namely; UiS,UiA,Nord University, NMBU. All economics or finance courses.

Lastly, how is the financial Industry like ? The rate at which they employ an African with an intermediate bokmal language knowledge.

Pls ,help a naive brother!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Arinze01:
Good morning everyone!!!

Someone should pls shed more light on the grey areas I listed in my previous post.

What grading system do they use in Norway? What score would give me an A(i.e 1) in Norway. For example, Nigerian Universities,one must have 70% in a course to have an A in that course,what score should one have in Norway to have an A in that course. My brothers and sisters in Norway, could you pls answer my questions..

I have narrowed my interest to 4 Norwegian Univs namely; UiS,UiA,Nord University, NMBU. All economics or finance courses.

Lastly, how is the financial Industry like ? The rate at which they employ an African with an intermediate bokmal language knowledge.

Pls ,help a naive brother!
I once talked about the grading system in Norway some time ago on this thread.
For the records, A is 90-100; B is 80-89; C is 60-79; D is 50-59; E is 40-49; and below 40 is F.

For language, bokmal or nynorsk are about the same Norwegian language but different dialects. Bokmal is more commonly taught to everyone especially learners.

For post study jobs, it seems most people want a clairvoyant to tell them that they will or not be able to find jobs after masters in Norway. No one has such powers as everyone's fate is different, just as times and economic situations are also different.
For the records, the rate at which they employ foreigners is less than that of Norwegians and EU citizens.
If you find a job after studying, good luck; else, move to another country. Simple!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Skymoore1004: 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
GBAM!!!
olujastro:

I once talked about the grading system in Norway some time ago on this thread.
For the records, A is 90-100; B is 80-89; C is 60-79; D is 50-59; E is 40-49; and below 40 is F.

For language, bokmal or nynorsk are about the same Norwegian language but different dialects. Bokmal is more commonly taught to everyone especially learners.

For post study jobs, it seems most people want a clairvoyant to tell them that they will or not be able to find jobs after masters in Norway. No one has such powers as everyone's fate is different, just as times and economic situations are also different.
For the records, the rate at which they employ foreigners is less than that of Norwegians and EU citizens.
If you find a job after studying, good luck; else, move to another country. Simple!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
I think they've started attending to study-visa like issues. The embassy has started operations.

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
Who's applying to a Norwegian Univs this year? Let's liaise and share information!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Donppppp: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2020
Arinze01:
Who's applying to a Norwegian Univs this year? Let's liaise and share information!

Ok bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 11:30am On Jul 10, 2020
Donppppp:

Ok bro

Which schools are you contemplating on or Prolly want to apply to?

I'm applying to 4 schools this October/December namely; University of Stavanger (UiS), University of Adger(UiA),Nord University and NMBU.

I've been in talks with UiS via mail like 5 times though they said everything about admission would be made public this October obviously due to covid-19.

They also said 15 Nigerians accepted to enroll to UiS this about-to-commence academic session.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Donppppp: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2020
Arinze01:

Which schools are you contemplating on or Prolly want to apply to?

I'm applying to 4 schools this October/December namely; University of Stavanger (UiS), University of Adger(UiA),Nord University and NMBU.

I've been in talks with UiS via mail like 5 times though they said everything about admission would be made public this October obviously due to covid-19.

They also said 15 Nigerians accepted to enroll to UiS this about-to-commence academic session.

Same school bro....pls I sent u a mail
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Arinze01(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2020
I have read this thread from the first page to the last page and also independently researched on most schools in Norway via websites, mails,Youtube videos and others. I can also offer my #1.
Majority of all schools requires Nigerians to send the under listed docs;
1) Transcript of records ( an original uploaded one and also the one send by your previous school to the intended school). Watermarked student copy won't be accepted,UiS told me that.

2)Diploma/Certificate ( all meaning the same)

3)CV

4)Waec/Neco Results. Or Waec scratch card(Nord Univ requested this) all as proof of English Proficiency and some need it to show as an evidence for o'levels

5) International Passport showing all ur details and photo.

6)An Enclosure form ( though its on their website,fill,sign,scan and upload it to them.

7)Documents of financing (2019/2020 session were asked to provided 121,220 Noks,though it might increase for 2021/2022(it basically covers ur wellbeing for a yr including accommodation but still hold more)

The aforementioned ones are the primary ones, the secondary ones demanded by some are;

coolGRe/GMAT ( NHH and Bi Norwegian demanded it)

9) motivational letter or statement of purpose ( some art courses requested for it.

10) ielts/TOEFL ( some private univ demanded it)

10) Online dance video( some dance programs asked for it).

That's all. The Herculean task is raising the 121,220 Noks . God will see us through, Amen!!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.