Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (160361 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:12am On May 21, 2017
It is demoralizing to be fed with conflicting information about the same issue the way we have on this thread. If life pensions was approved for all Nitel staff of pre- and post-2006, it must then include arrears from 2011 or thereabout. The retrospective arrears cannot be waived off for sure. We heard that no bulk of the arrears would be paid but a certain percentage will be paid along the monthly pensions until all is paid. Another information given was everybody will be placed on monthly life pensions by the verification exercise while discussion will subsequently come up as to how to handle the payment of arrears due to lack of funds for now. So which, if any, of these is authentic ? Those actually in the know, who really have their ears to the ground for genuine sitrep should please come in and clear the fog.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Ancientdeb123: 8:39am On May 21, 2017
Pls michz are u sure it was actually ptad dat replied cos on ptad twitter account info ask by pple will be replied by ptad with their logo shown on the answered question. So d question is how was yours done
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:46am On May 23, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
For the sake of those who are far from the location of the meeting, could anyone that attends today's meeting at Cappa, Oshodi, please oblige us of information about what transpires there ?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 2:31pm On May 23, 2017
brosiye99:
I just dey vex now. who told you I didn't see halita and Albert mashi after the meeting with PTAD. I come here to give info I know and not hearsay. I give this info cos I know how nitel people have suffered and I have friends that their fathers worked with nitel. don't you ever dare quote me again.
NO VEX bro
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 2:37pm On May 23, 2017
Please any update on todays meeting.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:26pm On May 23, 2017
From today's meeting at Cappa -
Requirements for verification exercise are as follows -
1. Letter of First appointment.
2. Letter of disengagement.
3. Letter of Last promotion.
4. 2 Passport photographs with
your names BOLDLY written at
the back plus your signature.
5. Your BVN number which must
tally with your Latest account
name.
6. Bank statement of account for
6 months.
7. Photocopy of your payslip.

No date mentioned yet but our reps are going for a meeting with PTAD next thursday, 25 May 2017.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by carik(m): 4:44pm On May 23, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:
name.
6 months.

No date mentioned yet but our reps are going for a meeting with PTAD next thursday, 25 May 2017.

Nice info.. This info intimates that verification will start at any date after 25th. However the meetings are damn much... I hope this info will not be discredited by anybody with the rate of conflicting information on this thread..

Godspeed everyone..

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by sonya4all(m): 4:55pm On May 23, 2017
so nothing was said about diseased disengaged staff?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 9:01pm On May 23, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:
name.
6 months.

its looking good
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2017
carik:

Nice info.. This info intimates that verification will start at any date after 25th. However the meetings are damn much... I hope this info will not be discredited by anybody with the rate of conflicting information on this thread..

Godspeed everyone..

There can be no discrediting the info because the colleague who sent it to me was there and he said the official letter to that effect was read to their hearing.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:46am On May 24, 2017
sonya4all:
so nothing was said about diseased disengaged staff?

Not really but i think issues concerning such may only come up when discussing payment of arrears of pensions after the conclusion of this exercise. Alternatively, something may come up on that during the exercise.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by carik(m): 9:41am On May 24, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

There can be no discrediting the info because the colleague who sent it to me was there and he said the official letter to that effect was read to their hearing.

Thanks.
Some calls have been made to corroborate the story and for people to get those aforementioned documents ready.
We will get there soon..

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:07pm On May 24, 2017
carik:

Thanks.
Some calls have been made to corroborate the story and for people to get those aforementioned documents ready.
We will get there soon..

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:11pm On May 25, 2017
I saw this on our facebook page a coupla minutes ago and thought to share it with you all.

In line with the poster, please don't ask me questions -

I just received this text message and want to post it unedited. Dont ask me any questions because I cannot answer them.
"ATEN Emergency Gen. Mtg @ Digital Bridge Institute Cappa, Oshodi, Lagos on 01/06/2017 by 9am.
Agenda: Verificatn & Payment of balance of 20yrs Pension buyout & other Entitlements. Pensioners, Disengaged, Casuals & All Stake Holders are invited.
Info, 08067068707 (LZ Cord. Emma Nkeonye) Aluta Continua. NPRO Comr. Francia Ogbakpan".

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 6:51pm On May 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing. However I just hope this is not Makinde/Oloti group trying to gather Nitel staffs together to create discord again, because ATENS is supossed to be dissolved by now.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:05pm On May 25, 2017
HisMajesty1:
Thanks for sharing. However I just hope this is not Makinde/Oloti group trying to gather Nitel staffs together to create discord again, because ATENS is supossed to be dissolved by now.

They are the group of rabble-rousers trying to scuttle the ongoing exercise. After the PTAD madam made things clear to them, they still went to NA to protest but were not allowed in. They are alleged to be the cause of the delay in the exercise. They are claiming 20years buyout in the current economic downturn.
They should be ignored.

3 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2017
Uptill now, there is no information concerning yesterday's meeting, if it held. Except if they decided to keep the outcome close to their chest for reasons of expediency, the reps must realise that they were not there for their own but for collective objective on behalf of a group of people.
Information is power and a lack of this may push some people to hearken to the call of the other rebel group and may sweet-tongued them into swallowing their tale. Our only source of credible info on this forum are @brosiye99 and @segzye3. They have not been doing this officially but out of magnanimity for our colleagues because they have their ears to the real ground source of info.
For our reps to leave us in the dark knowing the anxiety events of the past weeks have put everybody leaves much to be desired.

I can only appeal to our two credible informants to please come to our aid if possible.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2017
Will have been glad to know what the ANET meeting talked about. Whoever was there should update the house. As far as i know, there are no new updates currently apart from the fact of waiting for announcement of date of commencement of verification. No worries, all is on track. Will talk to my people here in abuja and see if i can get any info about the lagos meeting or any news from PTAD. Stay blessed and safe.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by carik(m): 6:07pm On May 26, 2017
Our hopes won't be cut short. Every move to stop this payment will fail. We will get there. Godspeed. Thanks to the folks providing credible information

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 6:28pm On May 26, 2017
brosiye99:
Will have been glad to know what the ANET meeting talked about. Whoever was there should update the house. As far as i know, there are no new updates currently apart from the fact of waiting for announcement of date of commencement of verification. No worries, all is on track. Will talk to my people here in abuja and see if i can get any info about the lagos meeting or any news from PTAD. Stay blessed and safe.
no update yet as@brossiye rightly said.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Apus: 7:47pm On May 26, 2017
what I saw just now on PTAD's twitter handle..#just thought to share.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:50pm On May 26, 2017
brosiye99:

Thanks bro for your constant interest and concern. We appreciate you. Please remain blessed.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:52pm On May 26, 2017
lipsrsealed
segzy3:
no update yet as@brossiye rightly said.

Thanks bro.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:52pm On May 26, 2017
Apus:
what I saw just now on PTAD's twitter handle..#just thought to share.

Good effort. Thanks.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 12:25pm On May 28, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:
name.
6 months.

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 12:25pm On May 28, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:
name.
6 months.

ok
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 6:05pm On May 30, 2017
Please any update on today's meeting.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Ancientdeb123: 4:41pm On May 31, 2017
Pls segzy i just ask ptad for d release of money for nitel & she said no moni has being released
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:31pm On May 31, 2017
Ancientdeb123:
Pls segzy i just ask ptad for d release of money for nitel & she said no moni has being released

I don't understand you. I'm sorry but why ask such a question as an individual ? We have representatives liasing with Ptad and enquiries from any of us should be directed to them. Why go direct to Ptad ?
1. We were told that a letter of approval had been issued with a copy given to Mrs. Halita Aliyu.
2. It has been confirmed that the sum of #299 billion has been approved for payment to some parastatals Nitel inclusive.
3. The approaching verification exercise is to place us on life pension w.e.f October, 2006.
What else do we want to know except to await verification ?

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
we are waiting
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
Happy new month to everyone. May our expectations be met in this month of June. I am optimistic that the verification will start this month. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:13am On Jun 02, 2017
brosiye99:
Happy new month to everyone. May our expectations be met in this month of June. I am optimistic that the verification will start this month. Fingers crossed.

Amen and amen. Wish you same and thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (35) (Reply)

Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.