Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets (26916 Views)

Shettima Visits Saraki Over Ali Ndume's Suspension (Photos) / Nigerians Blast Saraki Over Magu / Nigerians Blast Saraki Over "I Feel The Pains Of Recession" Comment(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by iamarvye(m): 1:37am On Sep 16, 2015
Nigeria’s Code of Conduct Bureau has filed charges against Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki, for alleged failure to fully declare his assets, according Sahara Reporters.

The tribunal’s 13-count charge exclusively obtained by SaharaReporters accuses Mr. Saraki, among other crimes, of improperly using state funds to purchase private assets during his tenure as the governor of Kwara State while he was senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The Senate President was also accused of declaring as part of his assets a property that had not been sold to him, a maneuver that is known as “anticipatory looting” in Nigeria’s political lexicon.

Meanwhile, it is on record that the Code of Conduct Tribunal has never convicted any Nigerian official for false declaration of assets.

Mr. Saraki’s wife, Toyin Saraki, is being investigated for money laundering by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), but charges are yet to be filed against her by the agency.

SaharaReporters has done a series of exposes on Mr. Saraki’s history of money laundering and graft beginning from his role in the systematic looting of assets belonging to Societe Generale Bank in which his family had significant shares. The bank ultimately failed.

Mr. Saraki has been embattled ever since his emergence as the Senate Presidency, with many anti-corruption activists and groups viewing him as an impediment to any efforts to combat corruption in Nigeria.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/15/charges-filed-against-senate-president-saraki-over-false-declaration-assets

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by iamarvye(m): 1:38am On Sep 16, 2015
More

1 Share

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by likila: 1:39am On Sep 16, 2015
Even if you sentence him to ten life jails,
he will still remain senate president!

51 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by likila: 1:40am On Sep 16, 2015
nonesense and ingredients

13 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by donholy28(m): 1:43am On Sep 16, 2015
Up to 13 counts? dix people no wan dix man to rest

16 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Firefire(m): 2:00am On Sep 16, 2015
The impediments on Buhari's fight against corruption is Bukola Saraki and his cohorts, including the previous governors who looted their states treasury now fully integrated into the Senate.

However, we Nigerians are determined to fight corruption with the last drop of our blood.

Enough of looting our common wealth and you people living larger than life.

We use this medium to warn all the past and present corrupt politicians to start to return our loots in their custody as a matter of urgency.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Kill corruption.

153 Likes 16 Shares

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by iamarvye(m): 2:06am On Sep 16, 2015
Last

1 Like

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by omowolewa: 2:13am On Sep 16, 2015
Uncle Bukky, its like dem don get you oo o. This is weighty

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by viktagorion: 2:16am On Sep 16, 2015
Wahala dey!

When you fight corruption

Corruption will fight back!

Senate and Executive face off looms.

Interesting days ahead.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by naijaking1: 2:24am On Sep 16, 2015
I'm sure Sarki can also play hardball.

2 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by luv2talk(m): 2:44am On Sep 16, 2015
The law should take its course, No one is above the law cool cool cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 16, 2015
Empty noise and initial gragra!! Nothing will come out of this!!! Saraki will remain senate president till 2019 whether Tinubu likes it or not

21 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Nobody: 3:05am On Sep 16, 2015
But why wait since that time (since 2003) why wait until now before unveiling all these, this man was in senate during Jonathan tenure, why wait till he became senate president.... I really do not know how we all see this country, a whole country of more than 170 million people (more than half the population of the U.S) being run like someone's kitchen, where a few crop of people have the final say when , how and where issues should come up and when it should be put to rest.... and you expect the hell hole (u call country ) to Thrive? This is just the issue with the black man and the curses pursuing them..... This is not just peculiar to Nigeria, it is replicated in all African countries, in fact all black nations outside africa re not excluded (haiti , jamaica etc) , and you think the black men are not Cursed? A friend of mine was trying to proof factually how blacks are the cursed son of Noah's descendants (I'm really tempted to believe ) , I also believe the artist that pictured the devil as a black man ,most certainly must have been to hell before........ God help us...

(Do not bother quoting me to spill trash, I won't dignify with a response; as I say the bitter truth the way things are, and until we take keen introspection , understand and accept our numerous shortcomings (not living in denial) then shall fellow our paradigm shift)

For car owners, and diagnostic shop owners, check my signature

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by oluwafemi113(m): 3:15am On Sep 16, 2015
Saraki is one of the country new generation scammer....

They do call him

Four

One

Nine

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Barcanister(m): 3:26am On Sep 16, 2015
Now ministries and govt parastaters are working... let d probing continues. .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 16, 2015
this guy is a criminal without a gun, wow!!!!, I don't blame biafrogs ibhoes.

6 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:27am On Sep 16, 2015
The CCB must do all within its reach to prosecÙte this case to its logical end. Saraki is among the people that need to explain their role in impoverishing Nigerians. I am yet to forget his role in thÉ Societe Bank fraud. It is sad thÀt the APC brought Saraki înto the Senate.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Barcanister(m): 3:36am On Sep 16, 2015
chukwudi44:
Empty noise and initial gragra!! Nothing will come out of this!!! Saraki will remain senate president till 2019 whether Tinubu likes it or not

Why are u bothered? Shd we continously support corruption and mediocrity cuz of hate?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by knuckbuck(m): 3:36am On Sep 16, 2015
Hope they do it to all elected officials.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by JudgeWilson(m): 3:37am On Sep 16, 2015
Ole Saraki, just wait and see what will befall u in this coming days.

3 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by M4gunners: 3:38am On Sep 16, 2015
Is he the only one that has false declaration assets?Abeg make dem leave man alone. Since he became senate president out of APC wish;they have been looking for ways to bring him down.

2 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 16, 2015
But I find it hard to believe dat the same APC dat encouraged Tambuwal against PDP just some years ago are now finding it hard to live with the realities of having Saraki as Senate President.

This goes to show the double-face approach of APC and Nigerian politics in general. just out to grab power, no people-oriented agenda.
Anyway, if they wana kill Saraki and eat, no wahala. I never liked the dude anyway....on a personal note!

6 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by omoelesa(m): 5:21am On Sep 16, 2015
[quote author=iamarvye post=38052435]

The Senate President was also accused of declaring as part of his assets a property that had not been sold to him, a maneuver that is kn“anticipatory looting” in Nigeria’s political lexicon.

9 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Jesusloveyou: 5:23am On Sep 16, 2015
Firefire:
The impediments against Buhari's fight against corruption is Bukola Saraki and his cohorts, including the previous governors who looted their states treasury now fully integrated into the Senate.

However, we Nigerians are determined to fight corruption with the last drop of our blood.

Enough of looting our common wealth and living larger than life.

We use this medium to warn all the past and present corrupt politicians to start to return our loots in their custody as a matter of urgency.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Kill corruption.
is dis not d corrupt firefire? So ur brain has change for good

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by ZACHIE: 5:26am On Sep 16, 2015
A mere Commissioner is filing mere charges.
When the mere Law takes its full turn, Saraki will go to jail, merely.
Yeye is smelling

8 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Jesusloveyou: 5:30am On Sep 16, 2015
Editor1:
But I find it hard to believe dat the same APC dat encouraged Tambuwal against PDP just some years ago are now finding it hard to live with the realities of having Saraki as Senate President.

This goes to show the double-face approach of APC and Nigerian politics in general. just out to grab power, no people-oriented agenda.
Anyway, if they wana kill Saraki and eat, no wahala. I never liked the dude anyway....on a personal note!
apc does not condole corruption like pdp, even if PMB himself found in corruption, apc wil still speak up, unlike u saTANist that always defend corruption

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Jesusloveyou: 5:34am On Sep 16, 2015
likila:
Even if you sentence him to ten life jails,
he will still remain senate president!
tell me why saraki wil not duly vacant d seat

8 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Dcomrade(m): 5:46am On Sep 16, 2015
Seems someone somewhere is still not happy seeing saraki as the Senate President....but were they not aware of his corrupt practices before they termed him and his likes progressive and accepted them in APC?
I'm fully in support of this move, because like PMB said his fight against corruption knows no party boundary.....but something tells me Saraki is patiently waiting for Ministerial screening and other appointments that has to do with Senate screening....The journey to 2019 is really gonna be fun as PDP may just take a chill pill and watch APC play both the ruling and opposition party within themselves because that's what you get when you assemble people of different ideology together with the sole aim of taking power from GEJ.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by jaybee3(m): 5:59am On Sep 16, 2015
I sincerely hope this administration's corruption fighting objective can make a very good example outta this Saraki dude.

5 Likes

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by slimfit1(m): 6:25am On Sep 16, 2015
PDP will protect all kinds of thieves inside and outside thieves so let not waste our time the judges for this case are millionaire already.

1 Like

Re: CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets by Tsmooth1(m): 6:31am On Sep 16, 2015
Please Saraki, use your limited time in power to help influence the FG to repair that Jebba road.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ministerial Appointments: No Going Back On Sep 30- Presidency / Wikipedia Updates Tinubu's Profile As President-Elect / Rivers: Men In Military Uniforms Holding Our Officials – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.