Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East (11478 Views)

Faculties Of Law And Humanities Of ABSU To Be Relocated To Umuahia Immediately / Why We Shut Oshodi Electronics Market – LASG / Terrorist-prisoners To Be Relocated From Anambra – Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:31am On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:
what makes lagos lifeless during that period is because businesses(companies) go on break which reduces traffic as majority are either seated at home enjoying with their families or at fun spots.

It is highly delusional to think lagos becomes lifeless only because ibos travelled to the SE to enjoy yuletide.

Companies usually give their staffs holiday about 2weeks to christmas. That alone crumbles activities, not only in lagos but other states in nigeria and the christian world over.

Come on, it's the end of the year. Do you expect people to still be wearing that hustle and bustle face of lagos? They need to relax at home.

But the companies resume on 27th December and January 2, no seriously minded company would give a 2 week break for Christmas, name any if you know.

Even at that the lagos to Benin express way also tells where the traffic heads to during such period.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:
The igbos should build a world class shopping mall for electronics, computers, phones in the east, since there is minimal issues with multiple taxation in the east the goods will be cheaper and more affordable, which will make shoppers to prefer travelling to the east than going to lagos where street urchins, touts, area boys harassment has an impact on the business there.
they'll still need to come to lagos to shop cos that's where their imports land. grin. Don't get angry with God for not giving you sea.

The problem you have with yorubas because of lagos and its ports will still be experienced with the ikwerres and ijaws should PH ports come to life.

Change your attitude

I want you to know that cooperate business are beginning to move into phone and electronic businesses. These guys are setting up showrooms across the nation. Gone will soon be the days when 2by2 shops sell phones with no guarantee and promos. We now have jumia, konga, lenovo, yudala ringo etc opening outlets in different parts of lagos.

Don't hate lagos...love it.

10 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by madenigga(m): 7:35am On Sep 16, 2015
Alcatraz001:

You want us to come to IBO land when your people are running from it? You want us to come to IBO land so that you will kill us? ibos that want to kill us in our own land, I can't imagine what will be done to Yoruba if they venture into biafra ( I have been a victim of IBO hate in Enugu).

Yorubas don't need ibos hence our plea that you leave our land as soon as possible so we can have sanity back in our neighbourhoods, the rate of crime has risen astronomically due to IBO criminal n nefarious activities. Thank but no thanks, we can't come to Biafra.
telling us to leave won't mk us leave launch an attack on all igbos in the west that's the only thing that would make us leave, paltry talks won't change anything.
But like I said before yorubas are always welcome to igbo land, if u were discriminated before I assure u that the new igbo land won't allow for such.

3 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:

But the companies resume on 27th December and January 2, no seriously minded company would give a 2 week break for Christmas, name any if you know.

Even at that the lagos to Benin express way also tells where the traffic heads to during such period.
how many companies resume on the 27th of december and 2nd of january?

Name them. grin

Stop ascribing undeserved glory to yourself. Lagos standstill commercially during yuletide due to holidays companies give and other things, not due to ibos travelling to SE alone.

8 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2015
Rainmaker69:
This isn't a sensible proposition. It's putting the cart before the horse.
Computer Village and Alaba Int'l are markets that cater to the 20 million or so people resident within and around lagos. The attraction isn't the traders but the buying public.
Coupled with the proximity to the ports, Lagos is attractive because it is Lagos. We need to stop tribalising everything.
You will find vendors in Computer village from every tribe in Nigeria.

The proposal arose out of the problems that blew up yesterday when street urchins who are frustrating business activities in Alaba international market and other markets in lagos tried to make things difficult for traders in Alaba through extortion.

I am aware of the countless times Ladipo market has been closed since 2009 and how many times igbo dominated markets witnessed fire incidents this year alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by cold(m): 7:37am On Sep 16, 2015
This thread will not end well
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:38am On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:
how many companies resume on the 27th of december and 2nd of january?

Name them. grin

Stop ascribing undeserved glory to yourself. Lagos standstill commercially during yuletide due to holidays companies give and other things, not due to ibos travelling to SE alone.

All banks, telecommunications companies, oil companies operate with those periods
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by joseph1832(m): 7:39am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:
As a fall out of the recent mayhem which took place in the multi-billion Naira Alaba international market by street urchins who tried to extort money from business men and traders in the popular Electronic market.

Is there any need for foresighted business men to open a new multi billion naira electronics, phone computer mall in the safe havens of Eastern nigeria which would be run as a branch of the Alaba international and computer village until gradually full business activities pick up their and gradually Alaba and Computer village is wound up.

Should igbos take this far reaching preemptive move to safeguard their business from the preying eyes of envious people considering the fact that the real market is in the south south, Abuja where the per capita income is highest in West Africa

Please no emotion driven insults and fear instigated comments.

Your candid opinion and analysis is needed
And if the markets are moved to the east, I suppose easterners have the flare and long throats which Lagosians have to buy gadgets at very high price?

The markets you speak of are here to stay and nothing and nobody can move them anywhere else.

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

Let us wait till Christmas break o
I'll advice you guys not to return for atleast 3 months so that we can see the impact you have been deceived to believe will happen

6 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:

All banks, telecommunications companies, oil companies operate with those periods
that's just about 15% of the companies in Lagos.

What about the rest?

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:42am On Sep 16, 2015
joseph1832:
And if the markets are moved to the east, I suppose easterners have the flare and long throats which Lagosians have to buy gadgets at very high price?

The markets you speak of are here to stay and nothing and nobody can move them anywhere else.

The per capita income in niger delta and Abuja is higher than lagos per capita income, more people in those areas have more disposable income.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by madenigga(m): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2015
yorubas I hope u ppl dont turn Lagos into a rome one day, I fallen Giant with your attitude, arrogance and excessive pride.
Enough said there is no need arguing with jobless people that cant change anything I prefer if actions speak louder than words.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:44am On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:
that's just about 15% of the companies in Lagos.

What about the rest?

15% of the companies in lagos? What other meaningful non igbo business and companies exist in lagos aside the maritime business and dangote and his nothern brothers
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by joseph1832(m): 7:46am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:

The per capita income in niger delta and Abuja is higher than lagos per capita income, more people in those areas have more disposable income.
Oh you think people who buy these gadgets operate on per caapita income or what have you.

Besides, you mentioned the east, I don't know when the niger delta became the east.

4 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2015
madenigga:
yorubas I hope u ppl dont turn Lagos into a rome one day, I fallen Giant with your attitude, arrogance and excessive pride.
Enough said there is no need arguing with jobless people that cant change anything I prefer if actions speak louder than words.

When I read the story of Detroit in US which was once a business , manufacturing and entertainment capital but which has degraded to the worst human habitat with gangsters and drug Lords chasing businesses ,organisations and individuals out of the city then I realise where lagos is headed to.

Motown does not exist again in Detroit
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by tonychristopher: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:
I'll advice you guys not to return for atleast 3 months so that we can see the impact you have been deceived to believe will happen

Stop making noise ..every Yoruba man is a lagosian that was developed with our money

Go to osun Ibadan ilesa and Oshogbo and develop their...those places are eyesore

Stop claiming lagosian pls

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh you think people who buy these gadgets operate on per caapita income or what have you.

Besides, you mentioned the east, I don't know when the niger delta became the east.

Who are those that buy it, is it the civil servants in Osun who are yet to be paid salary for months or the bankrupt state officials in other states who are fighting for bailouts
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by madenigga(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:

When I read the story of Detroit in US which was once a business , manufacturing and entertainment capital but which has degraded to the worst human habitat with gangsters and drug Lords chasing businesses ,organisations and individuals out of the city then I realise where lagos is headed to.

Motown does not exist again in Detroit

its there business.
all this talks are no necessary I would answer anybody when the yorubas launch a full scale violent attack on Easterners in the West.

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Masterclass32: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2015
Nobody is talking about about relocating the market so as to hurt the lagos economy. Anybody thinking that is wasting a lot of time. Lagos will always be lagos.

What the op is saying is, in the face of constant clashes with the agberos and constant outragoeus levies which have a negative effect on business, is it right to move the market? I think its a step in the right direction, especially after efforts geared towards resolving issues bring no lasting solution.

There's nothing wrong in having another mega market elsewhere in the country. The population of lagos is ridiculously high. A little decongestion would do.

2 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by joseph1832(m): 8:00am On Sep 16, 2015
kettykin:

Who are those that buy it, is it the civil servants in Osun who are yet to be paid salary for months or the bankrupt state officials in other states who are fighting for bailouts
What are you saying? Osun workers now live and earn a living in Lagos state right? Or they travel for hours just to come and buy a phone in Lagos?.

Please learn to debate well and stay on point.

8 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2015
joseph1832:

they should know that other tribes and many foreigners are waiting to fill the space should they leave.

Oja oyingbo ko month pe enikan o wa.

Oyingbo market doesn't feel the absence of anyone.

The above is what lagos is.

10 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by pazienza(m): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2015
What we need is Biafra.

Get that, and everyother thing will be added to us. *cool

If we remain in Nigeria, especially Nigeria as it is structured today,moving Alaba and computer village to the East will not be strategically wise.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by gnykelly(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2015
Alcatraz001:

You want us to come to IBO land when your people are running from it? You want us to come to IBO land so that you will kill us? ibos that want to kill us in our own land, I can't imagine what will be done to Yoruba if they venture into biafra ( I have been a victim of IBO hate in Enugu).

Yorubas don't need ibos hence our plea that you leave our land as soon as possible so we can have sanity back in our neighbourhoods, the rate of crime has risen astronomically due to IBO criminal n nefarious activities. Thank but no thanks, we can't come to Biafra.

you wouldn't believe that in Yoruba land there were no armed robbery attack until after the civil war when the influx of IBO came in. they started robbing people that was when burglary usage started in Lagos. the money gotten from this venture was where they start doing same business Yoruba were doing.

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

Stop making noise ..every Yoruba man is a lagosian that was developed with our money

Go to osun Ibadan ilesa and Oshogbo and develop their...those places are eyesore

Stop claiming lagosian pls
@bold

When the they collect money from you to develop lagos? grin

Osun, ibadan and osogbo have eyesore places likewise every other nigerian state, except yours? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by asha80(m): 8:12am On Sep 16, 2015
gnykelly:

you wouldn't believe that in Yoruba land there were no armed robbery attack until after the civil war when the influx of IBO came in. they started robbing people that was when burglary usage started in Lagos. the money gotten from this venture was where they start doing same business Yoruba were doing.
yes oyenusi is from from Imo state..continue consoling yourself if you cant match up

5 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by tonychristopher: 8:17am On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:
@bold

When the they collect money from you to develop lagos? grin

Osun, ibadan and osogbo have eyesore places likewise every other nigerian state, except yours? undecided

Pls there is a thread where they gave been begging Yoruba to post their neighbourhoods apart from Lagos ....the thread is eastern hoods

Pls go and salvage the Yoruba hoods and they gave not shown the hoods in osun ilesan okitipupa and thread is going to 60 pages no meaningful western hood

Pls go and show them
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 8:18am On Sep 16, 2015
pazienza:
What we need is Biafra.

Get that, and everyother thing will be added to us. *cool

If we remain in Nigeria, especially Nigeria as it is structured today,moving Alaba and computer village to the East will not be strategically wise.

Pazenzia I quite understand the desire and benefits of Biafra
But as Biafra lingers because of the difficult steps and protocols required to achieve it .would it be wise to leave your core business in a territory that is averse to your aspirations and take all the anti business policies and blatant extortion by societal invalids, hoodlums and street urchins .
And even if biafra is achieved would it be ok to start relocating to the biafra at that time.

I suggest leaving the core businesses in the east and the peripherals in lagos and other cities such that eastern business men will come to onitsha and Aba and buy get their supplies and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by jom28gy(m): 8:18am On Sep 16, 2015
Alaba should be relocated in its entirety to south easth.

4 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 16, 2015
When did oyenusi start his robbery?
gnykelly:

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 8:19am On Sep 16, 2015
joseph1832:
What are you saying? Osun workers now live and earn a living in Lagos state right? Or they travel for hours just to come and buy a phone in Lagos?.

Please learn to debate well and stay on point.

If you understood how Alaba international and other markets work you wouldn't have raised this issue.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2015
DikeOha882:
When did oyenusi start his robbery?

Dr Oyenusi invented armed robbery in Nigeria, previously there wasn't anything like armed robbery in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by pazienza(m): 8:21am On Sep 16, 2015
http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/OhanaezeDraftSubConstitutionReview.html

If Nigeria becomes restructured like Ohanaeze proposed above.

Then we can successfully relocate our business to the East and leverage on the New seaports ports that will suddenly spring up in Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers and Rivers, and we can build ours at Obuaku in the long term.

Restructuring of the country that way, will see the major bucks flowing into Niger delta, the banks like scavengers will move in to mop it up, the spending power of the area will increase, New and old companies will move to the area, creating employment opportunities, there will be a major 're distribution of population towards the region, Lagos will become de-congested and it's real estate will depreciate while the real estate business in the SS will increase.

SE can then make use of our proximity to SS( Rivers, Delta and Akwa ibom) to full advantage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don’t Elect Incompetent Leaders, Sanusi Tells Nigerians / Aftermath Of Ogboni Fraternity, Rochas Thugs Storms Nigerian Horn And Murdered O / Breakingnews: Islamic Boko Haram Bombs Enugu Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.