Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East (11480 Views)

Faculties Of Law And Humanities Of ABSU To Be Relocated To Umuahia Immediately / Why We Shut Oshodi Electronics Market – LASG / Terrorist-prisoners To Be Relocated From Anambra – Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by SUBWAY101(m): 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
WIZGUY69:

lmfao lmfao; D
bro take am easy.
I Don laugh tayad.
truth be told, anytime I am bored, I do come here to engage one or two iboe boys. because they give u want u want, like : we iboes are all billionaires, we owns S.A, south Africa etc.
they even go as far as having the best neighbourhood in the world. cheesy
Bro. let's be realistic, does that not call for laughter? grin

Lmao. Most of them are comedian. They love dreaming and some even believe there own lies. The funniest thing is for every little argument you have with them, they will quickly tell you they have mansion in Lagos with Yoruba tenant. Who ask you story nah? Ahahahahaha. I laugh so hard when reading from these Igbos. Chest beating and lies is what makes them happy daily.

3 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by SUBWAY101(m): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
zendy:

You may not know this but the internet is the largest mass awareness portal there is. Biafra is being discussed online on a global level using NL,Facebook,Skype groups, YouTube and many others. Win any argument online and you win the heart of the people. Win the heart of the people and the sky is the limit. It may sound like ranting to you but online media can be more devastating than bullets and bombs

Good. You have seen Yoruba peeps open different thread lately to support your Biafra, I myself really want you guys to get your biafra cos we have nothing in common. I have not been to Iboland except Imo state for a wedding, and dont even have anything to do with there. We want you guys to have your country so we can atleast hear word and be at peace from constant noise and chest beating. May God grant you biafra very soon in Jesus name.

Say Amen bro.

5 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by chrisblack: 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:
One thing I'll like you to know is that lagos is a blessed place. No matter what you do to hurt it, it still grows. FCT was taken away from it to make it dilapidated, but see how developed it has become due to yoruba wisdom in fashola. Abuja can't even stand its commercial stance. When people claim lagos is just enjoying oil money from Niger delta, they were quickly silenced by the discovery of oil in lagos. Lagos is currently building a world class international airport in lekki which will divert a lot of foreign flights to itself because of the beauty of lekki. Talk about the refinery, free trade zone, badagry port, lekki deep sea port and the superb Eko atlantic artificial island just to mention a few. It is ridiculous to think the removal of a market where substandard electronic goods and pirated CDs are sold will cripple lagos. Majority of electronic companies are now opening showrooms across the state and the nation. So, whatever delusional glory alaba market has will fade off in the next couple of years. People now do shopping malls, not 2by2 shops.

What do you think ambode is up to with his recent meetings with korean and asian ambassadors? I believe his about to give them incentives so they can bring in their automobile companies to lagos.

Lagos leads...others follow

Let peace reign
my guy you are totally on point.what this guys seem to forget is that some years back commerce and trading in lagos was highly organized. This was the days of mega stores ,UTC leventis etc.all our shoppings where done in the stores.even the so called electronics they are talking rubbish about.go to Alabama today I can tell you that majority or rather 75% of products in that market are substandard. If SON is to carry out a comprehensive test of products .we all know what the result will be.I think it will be a good move if the state government closes down the market an encourage mega stores,whose products are cheaper and are of genuine quality.this will bring back the old days.Mind you lagos is gradually going back to those times.Walmart will soon be here .I bet many more are comming .in advance countries there is no place for a market like Alaba.this is what I believe lagos should be looking forward to.we need mega malls and organized market.even organized street vegetable market .this will help the government in even making more money and provide lagosians access to cheaper &qualitative goods and services.So I say to hell to Alaba and hurray to the likes of shoprite,Spar,Walmart,Adebowale etc

2 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by SUBWAY101(m): 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
WIZGUY69:

l.lmfao.
they have the time, more like advertising alaibo.
the fact is that when their uncle hit small ml money tostart business now, it's still the same SW that they will run to.
God help them!
they are all mr IBU.
mouth too much.
in all aspect of life, they are no match to the Yoruba's.
and concerning that boy, that's how they are. chest beating.

LMAOOOOOO. Igbos and lies ehn. They all have mansion, yoruba drivers and tenant. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by WIZGUY69(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Lmao. Most of them are comedian. They love dreaming and some even believe there own lies. The funniest thing is for every little argument you have with them, they will quickly tell you they have mansion in Lagos with Yoruba tenant. Who ask you story nah? Ahahahahaha. I laugh so hard when reading from these Igbos. Chest beating and lies is what makes them happy daily.

grin grin u know they love speaking in parables.
there was a time that one chidi that do hawk gala in traffic said all the high brow areas in Lagos (vgc, ikoyi, lekki) are dominated 100% by iboes. while the slums of Lagos are dominated by his people. cheesy
one mofo even said they owns all the properties in abj, and I wonder which abj is that? is it the one am in? grin
I have been to there villages they called cities and they will come here and start bleating how there five villages in the most underdeveloped place in the whole world. is that not an irony?

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by SUBWAY101(m): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
WIZGUY69:

grin grin u know they love speaking in parables.
there was a time that one chidi that do hawk gala in traffic said all the high brow areas in Lagos (vgc, ikoyi, lekki) are dominated 100% by iboes. while the slums of Lagos are dominated by his people. cheesy
one mofo even said they owns all the properties in abj, and I wonder which abj is that? is it the one am in? grin
I have been to there villages they called cities and they will come here and start bleating how there five villages in the most underdeveloped place in the whole world. is that not an irony?

Lmao. Comedy extra cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Igbos and chest beating.

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by zendy: 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Good. You have seen Yoruba peeps open different thread lately to support your Biafra, I myself really want you guys to get your biafra cos we have nothing in common. I have not been to Iboland except Imo state for a wedding, and dont even have anything to do with there. We want you guys to have your country so we can atleast hear word and be at peace from constant noise and chest beating. May God grant you biafra very soon in Jesus name.

Say Amen bro.

Wherever Lord Lugard is today, I'm sure he is also saying a big "Amen" to that
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by wordcat(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
WIZGUY69:

another mr.ibu grin name ur asset in that Lagos sef. probably u are a student of IMSU OR EBSU
At least, I'm better than you.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by chrisblack: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
carnegiefan:
Until there is an international airport in SE from where traders can take off and land in China, America, Europe, Japan, Brazil, India, and SE Asia, this will NEVER EVER happen. Those who are forcefully keeping us in Nigeria on their own terms know this fact.

Guys, pease this topic is for another day... a day after we've secured true international access.
Thanks for understanding this point.
you guys are just clowns.lagos state is building its own international airport.this is not a federal airport.go and build your own nobody is stopping you.am just tired of all this shout and complain of somebody holding you down from building your own airport.lagos is building the deepest sea port in Africa.this port will be able to accomodate the new bred of mega ships but you rather complain that somebody his holding you back.lagos was able to do all this despite being in opposition. Tell what lagos will do whit federal power and support.this boils down to the vision and forward think yorubas 's have always have.when most of you where still sitting in the bush or village square to hear stories we were already whatching latest happening's on TV.have always said it that irrespective of any region you are from there is potential.many of you have not really travel around this country to really understand the potentials. I have .and I know that all part of the country can truly flourish. Go ask you state gov to build its own airport or seaport jus like lagos state govt is doing.I will say put your money where your mouth his.stop complaining. I think your complaint and anger has always been deep rooted.yes you both played a game which you both felt you should win.but one must be the winner. The civil war you wanted Yoruba to support you.they chooses otherwise.you wanted them to support Jonathan,they chooses otherwise.when you supported obj in his first term against them they took it has the game.politics his a game.you win to loose tommorow.
Back to the issue of Alaba market.I would strongly suggest it should be relocated.when ever there is a vacuum. Opportunity kicks in. The Yoruba will see the need to start importing whatever is needed.Adebowale was doing this long ago before many of this guys even breathed. So what stops me or any other person or even foreigners from filling the gap.there is nothing special in selling stuffs.My home theatre was ordered from overseas from the comfort of my home.I have done some small scale import for friends.so tell me what is special in buying and selling.with the advent of ecommerce and various platform coupled with advance logistics solution.soon going to Alaba will be a waste of time.ask jumia.

2 Likes

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Ogunleti01: 6:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
I said it, Igbo people are the hopeless, selfish, shortsighted, myopic set of humanbeign whose senses are beclouded by hatred and prejudice. The same argument i use to have with my principal where i am currently serving. This ppl are dubious and selfish. He loves robbing peter to pay paul. I told him the so called zoo, you ppl abandon you homeland to come and invest in it.why didn't u stay back and develop ur zone? They are the set of ppl tarnishing the image of this country outside with their get rich-quick syndrome through trafficking of hard drugs and narcotics. Arik case a perfect example. Those guys that were executed by the malysian govt and the fact that their Igbo Kinsmen even organized befitting burials for them calls for a serious concern. Like the word of SIR AMADU BELLO put an Igbo person in a labourer's camp and befor u know he would want to overide the ppl that were dia before him.

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by IheabunikeChuks: 7:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:
There are more markets in Anambra State than Lagos, yes Anambra has move markets than Lagos.
There are three electro markets already in Anambra, Onitsha Electronics, Oba Electrical and Iweka/Moore Street.

I will be right back

How far Ebuka?
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by knowledgeable: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:
One thing I'll like you to know is that lagos is a blessed place. No matter what you do to hurt it, it still grows. FCT was taken away from it to make it dilapidated, but see how developed it has become due to yoruba wisdom in fashola. Abuja can't even stand its commercial stance. When people claim lagos is just enjoying oil money from Niger delta, they were quickly silenced by the discovery of oil in lagos. Lagos is currently building a world class international airport in lekki which will divert a lot of foreign flights to itself because of the beauty of lekki. Talk about the refinery, free trade zone, badagry port, lekki deep sea port and the superb Eko atlantic artificial island just to mention a few. It is ridiculous to think the removal of a market where substandard electronic goods and pirated CDs are sold will cripple lagos. Majority of electronic companies are now opening showrooms across the state and the nation. So, whatever delusional glory alaba market has will fade off in the next couple of years. People now do shopping malls, not 2by2 shops.

What do you think ambode is up to with his recent meetings with korean and asian ambassadors? I believe his about to give them incentives so they can bring in their automobile companies to lagos.

Let peace reign

All those developments are private sector driven, and is based on the calculation that lagos mega city status remain intact. If Igbos leave or you drive them away from lagos, with their population, dynamism, entrepreneurial drive, tax base, consumption and etc, you will see those private investors do a recalculation and strategy on lagos state government. Most Igbos in Lagos understand that the Yoruba elites and leaders will continue to bend over for the Igbos to continue thriving in lagos. The character of Igbo dynamism in lagos is different from others. For those Igbos agitating for the state of Biafra, they can achieve it without firing a shot. All they want to do, is to provoke the yorubas until they settle for, true federalism, regional government or Biafra in that order.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by superstar1(m): 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
zendy:

Which is why they badly need their own independent have Homeland of Biafra where they can finally call home.

Who is holding them?

What stops them from just going to Afikpo to declare the failed and online Jungle Republic of Biafra JRB, for the 2nd time?

Is it not an aberration when cowards are not allowing the "stupidly courageous chest beaters" from leaving?

Is it not a shame on the supposed lion of the Jungle of Biafra, if the rams and goats of the so called zoo of Naija are holding them to ransome. What a lion indeed!!!!!
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by zendy: 6:19am On Sep 17, 2015
superstar1:

Who is holding them?

What stops them from just going to Afikpo to declare the failed and online Jungle Republic of Biafra JRB, for the 2nd time?

Is it not an aberration when cowards are not allowing the "stupidly courageous chest beaters" from leaving?

Is it not a shame on the supposed lion of the Jungle of Biafra, if the rams and goats of the so called zoo of Naija are holding them to ransome. What a lion indeed!!!!!

[b]Many people like you have asked this same baseless question on Nairaland. "Why can't Igbos just go back to the east and declare Biafra?". The answer to this is that doing so will not give us Biafra. We Igbos did the same thing in 1967 when we all went back en mass and declared Biafra, it didn't stop the federal Government of Gowon shouting 'one Nigeria' all over the place and coming for us. Only a morron will ask Igbos to go back home without giving them a home to go back to. Biafra must declared or agreed to in principle, there must be a withdrawal of all non Biafran Government employees from the east before we go. Igbos will not move from Nigeria to Nigeria, they can only move from Nigeria to Biafra. As for this talk about Nigerians holding us back, naturally, this is still possible because the odds are stacked against Biafra. Just as in the first Biafran war, Igbos have the entire North, the Yorubas and some people from the South-South to contend with so it will never be a fair fight. But this in no way diminishes our resolve to be free of Nigeria. You think the Igbos would still be in Nigeria if Nigeria was just made up of the SW/SE/SS? That is why it is very important to seek Biafra through peaceful means such as a referendum or plebicite first, even if to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. It is only when the voice of reason does not prevail that the option of war will be looked at. In 1966 to 67, people besieged Ojukwu to declare Biafra amidst widespread massacre but Ojukwu resisted and had the temerity of mind to go to Ghana to sign a peace agreement with Gowon. It was when Gowon broke that agreement that Ojukwu declared Biafra. If anything, we Igbos can hold our heads high that we have rejected the British created house of fraud called Nigeria. I'm sure in 100 years, your ethnic grou will not be able to do this [/b]
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 6:35am On Sep 17, 2015
Ogunleti01:
I said it, Igbo people are the hopeless, selfish, shortsighted, myopic set of humanbeign whose senses are beclouded by hatred and prejudice. The same argument i use to have with my principal where i am currently serving. This ppl are dubious and selfish. He loves robbing peter to pay paul. I told him the so called zoo, you ppl abandon you homeland to come and invest in it.why didn't u stay back and develop ur zone? They are the set of ppl tarnishing the image of this country outside with their get rich-quick syndrome through trafficking of hard drugs and narcotics. Arik case a perfect example. Those guys that were executed by the malysian govt and the fact that their Igbo Kinsmen even organized befitting burials for them calls for a serious concern. Like the word of SIR AMADU BELLO put an Igbo person in a labourer's camp and befor u know he would want to overide the ppl that were dia before him.

You chose the wrong place to vent your anti igbo venom. Are you not yet tired of your every day igbos are these, igbos are that rants. Common sense should tell you that 90% igbos are tired of Nigeria and are rooting for Biafra the remaining 10% are not sure if to keeping hoping in Nigeria.

This thread was created specifically because igbos are tired of being tired of your nigeria, if igbos are what you accused them of above then the lot is on you to make sure they are not in the same country with you and not to keep arguing with your principal about igbos.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by meccuno: 7:12am On Sep 17, 2015
juicee1:

Let peace reign
one thing most of u guys fail to understand is the importance of traffic to lagos state.......the population is what drives lagos and the igbos whether they sell fake or original creates massive revenue for the state of lagos and a sensible government would not because of tribal thinking decide to do away with these little sources of income.......the shopping malls are place where the rich go and the poor might not relate with the fact that things are cheaper there because of the competitions that are abound in different markets in lagos........if you chase the igbos out of lagos, a decision you might regret later, we would be @ the mercy of south africans and with DSTV, I hope u get the picture........there are checks that are done by these business men which has a multiplier effect and in turn creates employment for others......also remember that the sea port is one major reason why these igbos have decided to pitch their tent in lagos and the market also.......there are very many business men who are making serious money in Nnewi aba who do not even know what lagos looks like.........the igbos should in turn try and see if they can get their port and the yorubas should try and stop these extortion.......people who do business complain a lot.......there should be a meeting point.........all these people who think if the igbos leave then they would have peace am really sorry for u.......diversity is what's still driving lagos and since when it was changed as the FCT, tHat lagos we used to know has been killed...........please I am igbo and I have always known lagos........but all thÉse tribal nonsense has done aloþ more harm than good

1 Like

Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 2:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
pazienza:

Lagos enjoys a monopoly that was consciously and unconsciously created over centuries. As long as it continues to enjoy this monopoly, moving your business out of Lagos will be like shooting yourself on the foot, as those conditions that created Lagos monopoly won't move with you to your New location, as long as Nigeria remain structured as it is today.

If you relocate your business, you can't relocate conditions in Lagos that allowed your business to thrive, as nature doesn't make room for vacuum, you will simply be replaced by others( local and foreigners) who would utilize conditions that created Lagos monopoly and you lose out.

We can only talk of relocating our businesses to the East when we achieve any of the two pre requisites needed to ensure that the conditions that created Lagos monopoly move with us.

1 , Total restructure of Nigeria as suggested by Ohanaezehttp://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/OhanaezeDraftSubConstitutionReview.html
This is a short term option.

2. Secession from the Nigeria and establishment of Biafra. This is the long term plan.

I quite agree with you about the need to restructure the system or outright breakup no thanks to the fake federalism being hoisted on the country by fake and false patriots whose only aim in life is the oil minerals in other regions but while maintaining a peripheral presence in lagos I still think the igbos should have a core of their business in the east as against the procedure of having all business in lagos and an eastern branch office.
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
Dem no born una... Na hunger go kill una.. Nonsense. U r d ones dt need lagos and yorubas...we will hardly feel your exit. Make we no make mouth..make u just try am
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
kettykin:

Have you thought about what makes lagos boom economically ,why lagos becomes lifeless during the yuletide up until middle of January.

igbos v relocated to the east with the noise
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Stop making noise ..every Yoruba man is a lagosian that was developed with our money

Go to osun Ibadan ilesa and Oshogbo and develop their...those places are eyesore

Stop claiming lagosian pls
smh for your delusion. Igbos r in every village of yorubaland doing all sorts for survival. You r decieving yourself with the hundreds of igbos dt r really successful in lagos. I pity u ooh
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by tonychristopher: 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
sadoz:
smh for your delusion. Igbos r in every village of yorubaland doing all sorts for survival. You r decieving yourself with the hundreds of igbos dt r really successful in lagos. I pity u ooh

Who is this

Notice me

OK I have noticed
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
juicee1:

Let peace reign

Eko for show! Eko Atlantic City - A city on water
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
LadyFiona:
Brutal huh!!!! Bwabwa hahahaha...ooooplease.

You raise a question and in a bid for us to have a reasonable conversation you resort to tribal and ethnocentric dick measuring contest.

We are now a nuisance....hahaha... Tell that to the British that plucked an Igbo nation out of their peaceful communal enclave and Republican lifestyle to an unholy embrace and marriage with people with varying degrees of ideologies and leadership style. These happened after a well fought war with Britain.

Human developmental indices shows otherwise.

Igbos will leave as Ghanaians left Nigeria to develop their region as at now Ghana has a strong currency exchange rate.

4gh cedi= $1 while 235 naira=$1.

The same cedis that was revalued at 1gh cedis to $1 some years ago. Is 300% depreciation good news to the cedi?
Re: Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East by kettykin: 1:30pm On Mar 03
kettykin:
As a fall out of the recent mayhem which took place in the multi-billion Naira Alaba international market by street urchins who tried to extort money from business men and traders in the popular Electronic market.

Is there any need for foresighted business men to open a new multi billion naira electronics, phone computer mall in the safe havens of Eastern nigeria which would be run as a branch of the Alaba international and computer village until gradually full business activities pick up their and gradually Alaba and Computer village is wound up.

Should igbos take this far reaching preemptive move to safeguard their business from the preying eyes of envious people considering the fact that the real market is in the south south, Abuja where the per capita income is highest in West Africa

Please no emotion driven insults and fear instigated comments.

Your candid opinion and analysis is needed

Aba now has uninterruptible electricity, what really is the fear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi / Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Will Still Favour Me – Adeleke / Tension As PDP, APC Disagree On Security On Warri Waterways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.